Legal sex age in the Philippines? Anyone?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Max
Freshman Poster

Legal sex age in the Philippines? Anyone?

Post by Max »

Hi all, first post, but I read on the site since a year ago.

I wanted to find out what the rules were about ages for consensual sex in the Philippines. The laws are complex and most people aren't smart enough to understand it properly. And the problem I see with that is, even if you asked a police officer, they probably won't know because they are stupid too. Not only that, but they're liars anyways and you can trust them just like everyone else in this country.

Anyways, when I looked up the laws, here's my interpretation for consensual sex:
Ages 13-17 are BIG trouble if you paid for it. But there is no law punishing individuals who have sex with a girl of that age on a consensual basis.

So if I am correct about this, this would mean that providing you aren't paying for it and a girl says she's say 18-22 or what ever, but looks a little young and hard to tell, there's really nothing worry about.

There is a few other ways I do believe you could still get into trouble with that however. Prostitution is so wide spread that if you take a girl to a hotel, everyone things she is a prostitute. They could try to accuse you. Or they could scam you if they girl is say 17 and lies and tells them you paid her; they do that shit all the time I hear.

Also, the law is rather complicated and hard to understand. Most people can't. The police won't be able to because they are stupid, and even if they did, they'd still try to scam you and f**k you out of money if they could.

But in reality, 17 for example is fine if its a girlfriend or you're going to marry her or what ever.

Anyone know anything about this stuff from experience in the country? It just seems to me like nobody seems to care. I had a 17 year girl ask me out when I first got here. I told her wait until her birthday. LOL!!! I don't think her or her friends seemed to have a clue what the hell I was talking about.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't know where you're getting your info from, but in the Philippines I heard that the legal age of consent is 18. Anything below that is illegal and punishable by law.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Man, no sex with any pinay below 18, and u'll be fine. If u are a foreigner, the country can come after u with statutory rape laws even if she is GF if u are over 21. Learned this the hard way bro, keep ur hands to urself if she is below 18 and u are over 21. There are laws in the Phillies and a corrupt cop ot smart parents will use it against u when they see fit.

Ask for proof of age if she looks too young. Protect urself by knowing ur limits, the pinoys can get away with it but believe me, they are good at implementing laws when they see fit.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

If you do go P4P the courts can claim she got into the business by sexual traffickers. And in that case no matter what age she is, she is legally considered a minor and they can go after you for statutory rape.
bigdogphish
Freshman Poster

Post by bigdogphish »

It really is pretty simple y'all, google "age of consent Philippines" and you get the FACTS not speculation...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia

Philippines

The age of consent in the Philippines is complex. Interpol lists the age of consent of Philippines as 18.[55] However, the adult involved in perpetrating the lewd act cannot be prosecuted due to limitations in the law.[citation needed] Sex with a child under 12 is considered rape.[56]
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Dude, why risk it? No p***y is worth going to jail over.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Maybe you can do a trip report and tell us what the inside of a Philippines prison looks like because I know for damned sure that's one of the last places in the world i'd want to be.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Repatriate wrote:Maybe you can do a trip report and tell us what the inside of a Philippines prison looks like because I know for damned sure that's one of the last places in the world i'd want to be.
Imagine the food! :shock:

No p***y is worth eating whatever passes for Filipino prison entrees.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yes for foreigners the law is 18, same here in Thailand (even though the age of consent is lower). You don't need to fear the authorities in the Phillies as much as the authorities back home.

Don't assume anyone working in a bar is 18. I went in a bar in Bangkok and one of the girls was *15*.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

^They should have an age minimum for being a hoe. :(
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

If you are from the USA the laws apply to you when you travel as well. I always wonder why people have to ask this question.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

C.J. wrote:^They should have an age minimum for being a hoe. :(
They do. Also 18. But girls get fake IDs.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

xiongmao wrote:Yes for foreigners the law is 18, same here in Thailand (even though the age of consent is lower). You don't need to fear the authorities in the Phillies as much as the authorities back home.

Don't assume anyone working in a bar is 18. I went in a bar in Bangkok and one of the girls was *15*.
So the laws are different for locals than for foreigners?
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

Voice of Reason wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Yes for foreigners the law is 18, same here in Thailand (even though the age of consent is lower). You don't need to fear the authorities in the Phillies as much as the authorities back home.

So the laws are different for locals than for foreigners?
There's the law, set up to fleece foreigners; and then there's the culture.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

The law is such that you (foreigner) can even get in serious trouble for being alone in the same space with an underage girl who is not related to you.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan