Philippines for week-long trip?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
luoldeng9
Freshman Poster

Philippines for week-long trip?

Post by luoldeng9 »

I will have a vacation for 5 days next month since I'm currently in Asia. I'm thinking the PI may be a good choice.

I'm considering seeing Davao, Cebu, Manila, and/or the beaches

What do you guys think?
Last edited by luoldeng9 on August 2nd, 2013, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

If you are mid-20s it wont be hard to meet girls through regular means.

The local girls your age will be more open to you as your age will be quite different from the other expatriates. Just carry a friendly and jovial vibe that matches the locals. They are in my opinion much friendlier than the other Asian girls (Fil-am here).

I suggest hitting up Manila first and heading to the clubs just to see what is out there. Just go an approach any of the girls and ask for directions first, your foreign status will keep them less defensive. Go for the number as a pretense of "just in case"

In Manila, you can game in Makati Glorietta which has better quality girls than the mall of Asia. Just go about and talk to the girls as you would states-side. If you drop that you are an exchange student, all the better. Remember to get the number. I know filipinos are more helpful to foreigners so just act and smile.

If you go to a club, there will be girls your age that are looking to hookup with a "gringo". They will make their presence known. The reason is that they get somewhat a local value bump from being with a gringo. If you have good logistics, then you can get these girls quite easily as it is what they are looking for. The best way is to befriend a local guy first that would introduce you to his friends.

Bohol is nice but the quantity of girls your age might be limiting. You will arrive in Tagbilaran airport before you go the beach. The beach itself has whore mongering presence that you may want to separate yourself from.

Cebu is also nice but somewhat more provincial. There are some attractions but don't go too crazy as there is an aspect of lawlessness here. Either way just go and try to play the foreigner game looking for some tourist spots. Always ask for a number as a "just-in-case". It shouldnt be hard as most girls speak English.

PM for specifics. Happy hunting!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm not sure what you want out of the trip. Why would a nice girl want to meet you if you're just there for 5 days? Maybe it's better just to rent a girl for a week, like loads of guys do here in Thailand. At least then no hearts will be broken.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

luoldeng9 wrote:I will have a vacation for 5 days next month since I'm currently in Asia. To be blunt, I want to meet NON-p4p girls during the day (such as at shopping malls). However, the girls I've seen on sites like tagged and dateinasia aren't for my taste.

If the beaches and islands in PI are similar to Thailand, then I'm guessing snorkeling isn't worth it for my short trip

Right now I'm leaning towards Cebu because I heard Davao may have too many really conservative Catholic girls who want to get married. However, I heard the people in Davao are more nicer and friendlier, an experience that cannot be missed?

Is there much to see in Cebu? It sounds like other than the Chocolate Hills in nearby Bohol, there isn't much to see, since I'm not too interested in their food, culture, and history. Sounds like the most I may get out of this trip is just experiencing how the Filipinos are supposedly the friendliest people in the world.
There are a number of world class beaches in PI but with only 5 days do you really have time to discover them. Same with diving and snorkeling - it's great but do you have the time to take advantage.

You say that you are not interested in their food, culture or history. Unless you are just hitting bars and clubs this is what most girls will want to share with you. A nice girl will be anxious to be your guide and show you around her city, whether it's Cebu, Davao or anyplace else. That in itself is how you will experience the friendliness of the people.

And since you say the girls you have seen online are not to your taste, you have to ask yourself what you are looking for. Sounds like you either need to do more research or simply take a chance, go to PI for the 5 days and get a tiny taste of the place.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Philippines for week-long trip?

Post by Rock »

luoldeng9 wrote:I will have a vacation for 5 days next month since I'm currently in Asia. To be blunt, I want to meet NON-p4p girls during the day (such as at shopping malls). Since I've already visited the East Asian countries and Thailand and I'm in my mid-20s, I'm thinking the PI may be a good choice. I also won't have to deal with a language barrier. However, the girls I've seen on sites like tagged and dateinasia aren't for my taste. While I've heard its extremely easy to meet girls in the day, I'm not sure that will apply to me because I'm young and will only stay for 5 days

If the beaches and islands in PI are similar to Thailand, then I'm guessing snorkeling isn't worth it for my short trip

Right now I'm leaning towards Cebu because I heard Davao may have too many really conservative Catholic girls who want to get married. However, I heard the people in Davao are more nicer and friendlier, an experience that cannot be missed?

Is there much to see in Cebu? It sounds like other than the Chocolate Hills in nearby Bohol, there isn't much to see, since I'm not too interested in their food, culture, and history. Sounds like the most I may get out of this trip is just experiencing how the Filipinos are supposedly the friendliest people in the world.

I'm also thinking about visiting Beijing and Tianjin, but I've already seen Shanghai and a few other Chinese cities. I will have trouble meeting girls since I speak no Mandarin, but I'm interested in Chinese history and can see the Great Wall

What do you guys think?
5 days is nothing! And your coming from S. Korea which is a fairly long flight. Definitely choose one or at most 2 areas, no more. Logistically, you could do Seoul - Aquino/Clark - Cebu - Seoul OR Seoul - Cebu - Aquino/Clark - Seoul. I don't think there are many flights from S. Korea to other cities such as Davao or Cagayan de Oro so for convenience sake and to avoid too many internal flights, you might wanna stick with the largest one or two cities.

If you like clubs, PM Mguy for which venues in Global City and other top areas of Metro Manila.

Mguy also suggested Glorietta. Hmm, I think its pretty hit or miss. I don't always see attractive girls there unaccompanied by guys. Across the street is Greenbelt where you can sometimes find interesting girls at the coffee places and at night clubs. But be careful cus Havana area is full of P4P types at night. There's another area of lounge bars a ways from there in Greenbelt complex which might be better.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you are Korean American. I would imagine you have great potential in Phils. But it's quite possible that almost nothing happens in five days. It's just too short a time. Maybe if you approach a bunch of strangers in day and evening, you can line-up dates or even hang-out a bit on the spot. But keep in mind, if you go to more than one city, you will really only have a couple days in each place.

Do you speak Korean? You know, Cebu has a lot of attractive and pretty girls but almost all of them are Koreans lol. I have no idea how easy it is for a new Korean person to enter their world in Phils. Is it the case of girls being difficult at home but easier overseas? I have no idea. You would have to make some Korean friends there to figure that one out.

Angeles also has a fast growing Korea town area and its only 2 hours from Metro Manila by bus. I think there's lots of cheap flights from Korea to Clark too.

If you wanna stick with Filipinas and care a lot about looks and class, stick with Metro Manila and forget about Cebu. Best looking girls from all over Phils tend to flock to capital for maximum opportunities. And like I said, it's a lot easier logistically if you just go to one area (such as Metro Man/Angeles).

Do your best and if nothing happens, chock it up to time being too short. If you could stay a full month, I think you could make a lot of contacts with some work. Good luck.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

xiongmao wrote:I'm not sure what you want out of the trip. Why would a nice girl want to meet you if you're just there for 5 days? Maybe it's better just to rent a girl for a week, like loads of guys do here in Thailand. At least then no hearts will be broken.
Good observation...should be kind of obvious....LOL
So as such, it must be ignored.

Outwest