Bangkok Chinatown, Massage Parlors, Chinese Hookers

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Repatriate wrote:Most of the better haircut places (even the thai ones) are around 200'ish baht. These are the guys who can actually do good pro cuts with layering or something fancy like a faux hawk. :lol:

You're talking about the small local joints that cater towards mostly middle aged thai men and young kids. They are alright for maintenance trim and a shave but if you can't speak Thai at all it's a bit risky. They might f**k your hair up if you can't describe exactly what you want.
Show them a photo of the hairstyle you want, or of a former haircut of yours. I even do this in the US.

My haircut place charges 80 baht. I have another friend who knows some places in the outskirts that charge less than 50 baht for haircuts too.

In Guatemala City, I saw some places that charged only 10 quetzales for haircuts (1 US dollar = about 8 Guatemalan quetzales).

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Repatriate wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Get away from Sukhumvit, even if only for the experience.

BTW - The day before yesterday I got my hair cut and a shave day for 70 baht. There's no reason to pay 250 baht unless you just don't feel like going anywhere and that's the price in the area. Of course Sukhumvit is going to be more expensive.
Most of the better haircut places (even the thai ones) are around 200'ish baht. These are the guys who can actually do good pro cuts with layering or something fancy like a faux hawk. :lol:

You're talking about the small local joints that cater towards mostly middle aged thai men and young kids. They are alright for maintenance trim and a shave but if you can't speak Thai at all it's a bit risky. They might f**k your hair up if you can't describe exactly what you want.
I go to a barber shop that caters to men but I sometimes go to a salon and I never pay more than 100 baht. If you go into a mall or somewhere like that, you're going to pay more. I have a Thai acquaintance who owns several barber shops...his guys are very good and they charge 100 baht.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'll go out and look for a hairdressers. Everdred and I found a few that looked OK. I'm kind of scared in case I go in the wrong place and it turns out to be a bj bar or something. Look how wrong my first haircut went in China!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

xiongmao wrote:I'll go out and look for a hairdressers. Everdred and I found a few that looked OK. I'm kind of scared in case I go in the wrong place and it turns out to be a bj bar or something. Look how wrong my first haircut went in China!
Bummer, you get a blowjob instead of a haircut.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Soy Street, Hong Kong has more diversity.