Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Bangkok Chinatown, Massage Parlors, Chinese Hookers

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Falcon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Repatriate wrote:Most of the better haircut places (even the thai ones) are around 200'ish baht. These are the guys who can actually do good pro cuts with layering or something fancy like a faux hawk. :lol:

You're talking about the small local joints that cater towards mostly middle aged thai men and young kids. They are alright for maintenance trim and a shave but if you can't speak Thai at all it's a bit risky. They might f**k your hair up if you can't describe exactly what you want.

Show them a photo of the hairstyle you want, or of a former haircut of yours. I even do this in the US.

My haircut place charges 80 baht. I have another friend who knows some places in the outskirts that charge less than 50 baht for haircuts too.

In Guatemala City, I saw some places that charged only 10 quetzales for haircuts (1 US dollar = about 8 Guatemalan quetzales).
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:02 am

Repatriate wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Get away from Sukhumvit, even if only for the experience.

BTW - The day before yesterday I got my hair cut and a shave day for 70 baht. There's no reason to pay 250 baht unless you just don't feel like going anywhere and that's the price in the area. Of course Sukhumvit is going to be more expensive.

Most of the better haircut places (even the thai ones) are around 200'ish baht. These are the guys who can actually do good pro cuts with layering or something fancy like a faux hawk. :lol:

You're talking about the small local joints that cater towards mostly middle aged thai men and young kids. They are alright for maintenance trim and a shave but if you can't speak Thai at all it's a bit risky. They might f**k your hair up if you can't describe exactly what you want.

I go to a barber shop that caters to men but I sometimes go to a salon and I never pay more than 100 baht. If you go into a mall or somewhere like that, you're going to pay more. I have a Thai acquaintance who owns several barber shops...his guys are very good and they charge 100 baht.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:46 pm

I'll go out and look for a hairdressers. Everdred and I found a few that looked OK. I'm kind of scared in case I go in the wrong place and it turns out to be a bj bar or something. Look how wrong my first haircut went in China!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:27 am

xiongmao wrote:I'll go out and look for a hairdressers. Everdred and I found a few that looked OK. I'm kind of scared in case I go in the wrong place and it turns out to be a bj bar or something. Look how wrong my first haircut went in China!

Bummer, you get a blowjob instead of a haircut.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby Falcon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13 am

Soy Street, Hong Kong has more diversity.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand