Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


South Korea: Big Lover is watching you

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

South Korea: Big Lover is watching you

Postby Teal Lantern » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:26 pm

South Korea: Big Lover is watching you
http://www.theage.com.au/world/big-love ... 2r8la.html

Anywhere else, Park's dating woes might have been strictly personal. But in South Korea, fretful about plummeting birthrates but still tied to conservative ideas about matchmaking, solving the difficulties of the lovelorn has become something of a national priority. In perhaps the surest sign of that anxiety, the event he attended was one of dozens of dating parties nationwide sponsored by an unlikely matchmaker, the government.


Since then, sponsorship of the parties has shifted mainly to ministry affiliates and local governments, which can win financial rewards for activities that promote marriage and childbirth. The municipal government that threw the party Park attended has been named a role model by Seoul. One government-financed agency, the Planned Population Federation of Korea, claims a different kind of victory: By hosting parties, it is working to undo its past success when it encouraged vasectomies as a booming South Korea feared being held back by population growth.
Because a gov't policy isn't a success until it suc(k)s so bad, it has to be reversed with a subsidy. :roll:

Corporations, fearing critical shortages of workers in an ageing society, have begun ending informal bans against office romances, with some now paying for dating services for their workers.
The slaves aren't making replacement slaves, fast enough!

"Korean women are too picky with all sorts of criteria, including which college the guy goes to, and whether or not he has a car," said Yu Tae-hyeong, who set up the flash mob. Men, he said, are more concerned with women's looks.
A laundry list of must-haves? Where have I read about that, before? :roll:

Keep in mind, no man in South Korea has to deal with American divorce laws, blue knights, and kangaroo courts, etc., and yet fewer of them are "manning-up", too.
Maybe the men are not the problem? :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25







Postby zboy1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:40 pm

South Korean women have become 'American women with an Asian face." Sigh...It didn't always use to be this way. I remember visiting the country in the mid 80s, and the women weren't anything like what they are now. What happened...?

The men, too, have become demoralized and completely emasculated. South Korean men used to be thought of as tough and masculine, now all I see is feminine looking Korean men.

During the Vietnam war, the Vietcong were scared sh*tless of the ROK soldiers because they were known as brutal soldiers--and this was even acknowledged by some American soldiers during the War. What happened to that kind of masculine Korean man?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby momopi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 pm

zboy1 wrote:During the Vietnam war, the Vietcong were scared sh*tless of the ROK soldiers because they were known as brutal soldiers--and this was even acknowledged by some American soldiers during the War. What happened to that kind of masculine Korean man?


The masculine, manly man have been left over in the villages as their women left for jobs in the city, leaving the men behind to tend to their small herds of hanwoo cattle, and looking at Vietnamese mail order bride ads.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4710
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Cornfed » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:03 am

As well as trying to get more people to breed they are trying to get them to have girls to correct the gender imbalance by going around saying that girls are more loving and loyal to the family. This is nonsense of course, but since females are so suggestible, maybe perspective Korean mothers will eventually believe it. I wonder if they are really going to make it economically viable to have lots of children though. People complain about the negative effects of the depopulation agenda, but it still rolls on.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby gsjackson » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:27 am

Cornfed wrote:As well as trying to get more people to breed they are trying to get them to have girls to correct the gender imbalance by going around saying that girls are more loving and loyal to the family. This is nonsense of course, but since females are so suggestible, maybe perspective Korean mothers will eventually believe it. I wonder if they are really going to make it economically viable to have lots of children though. People complain about the negative effects of the depopulation agenda, but it still rolls on.


Cornfed, I've never done the grammar/spelling cop thing online, but, since you're one of the most literate people I've encountered on any forum, thought you might want to know: The word is prospective, not perspective. Think you've done it twice now.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Postby Cornfed » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:39 am

gsjackson wrote:Cornfed, I've never done the grammar/spelling cop thing online, but, since you're one of the most literate people I've encountered on any forum, thought you might want to know: The word is prospective, not perspective. Think you've done it twice now.

Thanks for that. I think what happens is that I misspell the correct word and then the text editor automatically corrects it to the incorrect word. I'm terrible at spelling and so have to rely on spellcheckers.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby Voice of Reason » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 pm

zboy1 wrote:South Korean women have become 'American women with an Asian face." Sigh...It didn't always use to be this way. I remember visiting the country in the mid 80s, and the women weren't anything like what they are now. What happened...?

The men, too, have become demoralized and completely emasculated. South Korean men used to be thought of as tough and masculine, now all I see is feminine looking Korean men.

During the Vietnam war, the Vietcong were scared sh*tless of the ROK soldiers because they were known as brutal soldiers--and this was even acknowledged by some American soldiers during the War. What happened to that kind of masculine Korean man?


The entitlement issues of Korean women may be rising, but at least they aren't all fat butch lesbians who are angry at men.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:55 am
Location: Out of the West


Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests