Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Feminist Plague

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Feminist Plague

Postby Venetienzo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:08 am

Ok so I was reading this article on Yahoo! News about how there are plenty of single women in China. Well the reason why they're single gentleman is because there is expectations for a man to have car and a house before ever getting married. Anyhow, take a look at the article and the comments below it. Would like to know what you guys make of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/leftover-women-china-face-tough-choices-looking-love-044726614.html

Oh and if you have time take a look at comment section and look specifically at Oceano06's comment. I think she makes herself pretty clear.
Venetienzo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:48 pm
Location: California





Re: Feminist Plague

Postby Teal Lantern » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:53 am

Venetienzo wrote:Ok so I was reading this article on Yahoo! News about how there are plenty of single women in China. Well the reason why they're single gentleman is because there is expectations for a man to have car and a house before ever getting married. Anyhow, take a look at the article and the comments below it. Would like to know what you guys make of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/leftover-women-china-face-tough-choices-looking-love-044726614.html

Oh and if you have time take a look at comment section and look specifically at Oceano06's comment. I think she makes herself pretty clear.


This is happening in the West, wealthier parts of Asia, incl. India, and even South Africa.
In the West, they blamed Feminists.
Funny part is there wasn't a bra burners movement in Japan or Korea, or women voting rights issue in China, to blame this on.

Where they can't blame the usual hairy-legged suspects, some people have resorted to blaming secret societies. :roll:
Meanwhile, western man are jumping out of the Anglo frying pan, into the Oriental fire, and thinking they are getting something fundamentally different. :lol:

I give it 10~15 years before the shine wears off.
For older gents, that may be enough time, though. 8)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2763
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby kai1275 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:22 pm

I do not see any comments on that article.

Reading the article it is not surprising because once again, it is about a Shanghai Shengnu that is successful but cannot find a husband because she is too picky or holding out too long beyond her beauty level will allow.

Shanghai and Beijing women are full of shengnu like her. Most of the other shengnu everywhere else, just want a nice husband but their success or intellect intimidates most of the local men. Also like I put in my dating guide, Chinese men disqualify themselves in many many ways, putting aside looks and money. Many shengnu are justified in their waiting considering the kinds of Chinese men they have met.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby Rayn » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 am

kai1275 wrote:I do not see any comments on that article.

Reading the article it is not surprising because once again, it is about a Shanghai Shengnu that is successful but cannot find a husband because she is too picky or holding out too long beyond her beauty level will allow.

Shanghai and Beijing women are full of shengnu like her. Most of the other shengnu everywhere else, just want a nice husband but their success or intellect intimidates most of the local men. Also like I put in my dating guide, Chinese men disqualify themselves in many many ways, putting aside looks and money. Many shengnu are justified in their waiting considering the kinds of Chinese men they have met.


Men aren't intimidated by their success or intelect. The women may think that that is the case, but it is not.

They are actually intimidated by the bitchiness, domineering attitude, entitlement, lack of patience and general disdain for family that these women usually carry along with them.
Rayn
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:37 pm
Location: Malaysia

Postby Jester » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:25 am

Rayn wrote:
kai1275 wrote:I do not see any comments on that article.

Reading the article it is not surprising because once again, it is about a Shanghai Shengnu that is successful but cannot find a husband because she is too picky or holding out too long beyond her beauty level will allow.

Shanghai and Beijing women are full of shengnu like her. Most of the other shengnu everywhere else, just want a nice husband but their success or intellect intimidates most of the local men. Also like I put in my dating guide, Chinese men disqualify themselves in many many ways, putting aside looks and money. Many shengnu are justified in their waiting considering the kinds of Chinese men they have met.


Men aren't intimidated by their success or intelect. The women may think that that is the case, but it is not.

They are actually intimidated by the bitchiness, domineering attitude, entitlement, lack of patience and general disdain
for family that these women usually carry along with them.


Eloquent.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby RichieBoy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:42 pm

There's a difference between being expected to provide and the feminism in the West, the Western media presents men as cheaters, slobs, clumsy and promotes women's independence and this is causing a breakdown in relationships and Western women aren't even benefiting from this. (All though they like to think they are by snubbing men)

It is this kind of feminism men are fleeing from, like Rayn said
Image
User avatar
RichieBoy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Thailand


Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests