Do you think a white guy could simply buy a hot China woman?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Do you think a white guy could simply buy a hot China woman?

Post by MatureDJ »

I'm not sure what level of beauty $24K buys you ...

http://qz.com/92267/in-a-reversal-of-th ... ir-brides/
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hey, how do you delete posts?
Last edited by Hero on August 16th, 2013, 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I would shell out $24K for a hot Chinese wife, with the following conditions:

1. I want to pay in installments at a reasonable interest rate.
2. I get a warranty in case she malfunctions
3. If she leaves me, I get a full refund.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

I think a hot Chinawoman would buy a whiteguy if it meant citizenship.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

This article is so beyond stupid and false on so many things, it's not even funny. My wife is laughing hard at it right now too. :roll:
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Also what is a Chinawoman? Do you mean Chinese woman?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

kai1275 wrote:This article is so beyond stupid and false on so many things, it's not even funny. My wife is laughing hard at it right now too. :roll:
So, it's not true then? I've heard similar things about China and having to give dowries when marrying Chinese females. I hope it's not true because if I do happen to find a nice girl in China and possibly get married, the last thing I have is a lot of money in my bank account, LOL!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

So it turns out that the guys shelling out $4k-$9k on Vietnamese brides are really cheapskates, compared to the Chinese bride prices!

By comparison, my rural NE Thai girl is really low maintenance. She's more than content to eat out with me at hole-in-the-wall shacks by the railroad tracks, where we snack on sticky rice, tom yam, insects, and cheap beverages. :P

More info here:
Attorney at Large
Freshman Poster

Post by Attorney at Large »

I wonder why it costs 10 times more in Shanghai to buy a bride than in Beiing? I'm guessing the government sector in Beijng brings in a lot of ladies to work there so it's just a supply/demand action. I would shop in Beijing.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Attorney at Large wrote:I wonder why it costs 10 times more in Shanghai to buy a bride than in Beiing?
Don't worry. I've been to Shanghai, and I know that it's easy to haggle when shopping :lol:
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

It's too bad that I was with my gf when I visited Shanghai. I could have passed myself off as a rich foreigner and dated a dozen hotties.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Many Chinese men just kidnap girls for wives - but I don't know how they keep them from running home.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

polya wrote:Many Chinese men just kidnap girls for wives - but I don't know how they keep them from running home.
Well, if the girl had no money and she was a long way from home, that could be tough
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:
kai1275 wrote:This article is so beyond stupid and false on so many things, it's not even funny. My wife is laughing hard at it right now too. :roll:
So, it's not true then? I've heard similar things about China and having to give dowries when marrying Chinese females. I hope it's not true because if I do happen to find a nice girl in China and possibly get married, the last thing I have is a lot of money in my bank account, LOL!
It's complete and utter bullshit. For one thing dowries in Beijing are much higher than Hunan..., nor are "cars" required either... That joke is usually a Shanghai girl joke.... I wrote about this in my guide if you want some light information on this.

Dowries in China are an equation based on face, guanxi/money, social class, ages of the two, and individual family traditions. It has absolutely very little to do with location per se. That said, many involve no money at all. I did not pay any dowry for my wife. We got money from all the relatives actually and her dad payed for the wedding. I know of other English teachers, and others that had the same experience too.

I will say that I have heard of a few old men (like 45+) marrying 20 something Chinese girls have complained about having to pay 10,000+ for a dowry. When you think about it, it kinda makes sense since they are the ones winning out big time! Their fathers dont want them with men the same age as themselves, so they demanded to be compensated for that. Chinese fathers have the hukoben and are the leaders in charge, big time. Very few will likely run away to get married and piss off the family like that. They most likely will look at that older man and say, please pay father that hong bao for our wedding honey. :lol: Also, if you pay the father 10,000 or whatever it was, they might actually give you back that money at the wedding, plus you get to keep what other money the other relatives will give you two for getting married.

If you guys are interested, I can explain this alot more in detail in my guide. Just let me know.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Attorney at Large wrote:I wonder why it costs 10 times more in Shanghai to buy a bride than in Beiing? I'm guessing the government sector in Beijng brings in a lot of ladies to work there so it's just a supply/demand action. I would shop in Beijing.
LOL! Good luck with that.