Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


How much does height matter in the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How much does height matter in the Philippines?

Postby reeferwill » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:47 pm

The title pretty much explains my question. I know that heightism exists here in my country of the USA and that women generally prefer taller guys but here it seems to spell disaster for your dating life unless if you want to date fat chicks which I can't do. I'm not the biggest guy at 5'9 so my question is will my height limit me in the Philippines like it does here in the USA ? How about in other locations around the world if you have the knowledge?
reeferwill
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:46 am







Postby Jester » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Hell I'd see it as an advantage. At 6'3", I've met cute Filipinas who were really just TOO short for me.

You'd have a bigger pool over there than I would.

Seriously.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7866
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby ladislav » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Most Filipino guys are 5 '4'' and they are being fruitful and multiplying. You are even too tall there. Most girls I dated there were 5 ' 1''.

It actually helps not to stand out like a giraffe there. Me at 5' 7'' is just OK.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Re: How much does height matter in the Philippines?

Postby chibolo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:39 pm

reeferwill wrote:The title pretty much explains my question. I know that heightism exists here in my country of the USA and that women generally prefer taller guys but here it seems to spell disaster for your dating life unless if you want to date fat chicks which I can't do. I'm not the biggest guy at 5'9 so my question is will my height limit me in the Philippines like it does here in the USA ? How about in other locations around the world if you have the knowledge?


In Peru, and other countries with a large mestizo (mixed Indian/European) population you are tall. This is definitely an advantage you will have in these countries compared to the US or Western Europe (I am from Belgium). If you are also white with blue or green eyes and blonde hair you get another bonus point.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: How much does height matter in the Philippines?

Postby chibolo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:40 pm

reeferwill wrote:The title pretty much explains my question. I know that heightism exists here in my country of the USA and that women generally prefer taller guys but here it seems to spell disaster for your dating life unless if you want to date fat chicks which I can't do. I'm not the biggest guy at 5'9 so my question is will my height limit me in the Philippines like it does here in the USA ? How about in other locations around the world if you have the knowledge?


In Peru, and other countries with a large mestizo (mixed Indian/European) population you are tall. This is definitely an advantage you will have in these countries compared to the US or Western Europe (I am from Belgium). If you are also white with blue or green eyes and blonde hair you get another bonus point.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Postby Hero » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:00 pm

You're easily tall enough. I'm 6'0'' and I felt like King Kong kidnapping Faye Wray when I dated Filipinas :lol: And it's SO awkward kissing a woman who's much shorter than you are!
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Postby gsjackson » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:01 am

If you think 5-9 is too short in the U.S., you need to have a little talk with yourself. That's not the problem.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Postby Hero » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:51 am

gsjackson wrote:If you think 5-9 is too short in the U.S., you need to have a little talk with yourself. That's not the problem.


Right. The problem is that American women are insane.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Postby Taco » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:25 am

Most Filipinas seem to prefer men under 6' since most of the country is vertically challenged. I would say 5' 9'' is an excellent height for Southeast Asia.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby reeferwill » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:59 am

ladislav wrote:Most Filipino guys are 5 '4'' and they are being fruitful and multiplying. You are even too tall there. Most girls I dated there were 5 ' 1''.

It actually helps not to stand out like a giraffe there. Me at 5' 7'' is just OK.


There seems to be this stigma against shorter men in the u.s.a. And the women like to feel like a child next to their men here. I'm glad to hear that I'll finally be tall in the Philippines.

Edit: I'm not hating on tall men, nobody can control their height. I just get tired of discrimination from American women but after finding this site who wants them anyway.
Last edited by reeferwill on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reeferwill
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:46 am

Postby reeferwill » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:08 pm

gsjackson wrote:If you think 5-9 is too short in the U.S., you need to have a little talk with yourself. That's not the problem.


Just curious how tall are you? It seems like younger women that are attractive go 6 feet tall and over. It's just a fact. When women settle down in their 30s or overweight girls don't have seem t have a problem dating shorter guys. I will say this; I'm 23 years old and my last 2 girlfriends were a 30 year old girl from Peru who was hot and petite, and a 19 year old girl from Vietnam who was also in good shape. So maybe I am right about American women?
reeferwill
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:46 am

Postby gsjackson » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:16 pm

reeferwill wrote:
gsjackson wrote:If you think 5-9 is too short in the U.S., you need to have a little talk with yourself. That's not the problem.


Just curious how tall are you? It seems like younger women that are attractive go 6 feet tall and over. It's just a fact. When women settle down in their 30s or overweight girls don't have seem t have a problem dating shorter guys. I will say this; I'm 23 years old and my last 2 girlfriends were a 30 year old girl from Peru who was hot and petite, and a 19 year old girl from Vietnam who was also in good shape. So maybe I am right about American women?


5-9 in sneakers. Height has never been an issue. Your data sample is way, way too small.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Postby reeferwill » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:56 am

gsjackson wrote:
reeferwill wrote:
gsjackson wrote:If you think 5-9 is too short in the U.S., you need to have a little talk with yourself. That's not the problem.


Just curious how tall are you? It seems like younger women that are attractive go 6 feet tall and over. It's just a fact. When women settle down in their 30s or overweight girls don't have seem t have a problem dating shorter guys. I will say this; I'm 23 years old and my last 2 girlfriends were a 30 year old girl from Peru who was hot and petite, and a 19 year old girl from Vietnam who was also in good shape. So maybe I am right about American women?


5-9 in sneakers. Height has never been an issue. Your data sample is way, way too small.


What do you look like? Are you white? Mixed? And what kind of girls have you been getting? Have they been 7s and 8s? That's what we all want here I think right? I have yet to get a decent looking American girlfriend, they are always foreigners.
reeferwill
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:46 am

Postby HouseMD » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:34 pm

You will be more than tall enough in the Philippines. Still, I am always confused by guys that are taller than 5'7" complaining about height in the USA. I have never known a male friend that had an issue with their height, really, and feel like this is just some crap getting spread on the internet to make men feel insecure. You should look abroad, but you should also work up your confidence in the meantime. Guys with low confidence are marks once their boots are on the ground in SEA or Eastern Europe, women can smell that shit from a mile away. Also, having big self esteem will open up a higher class of woman to you anywhere in the world.Always remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Disclaimer: I am 5'10" and might be completely unable to relate to your problem by virtue of the roughly two and a half centimeters that stands between us.
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Postby kai1275 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:58 pm

HouseMD wrote:You will be more than tall enough in the Philippines. Still, I am always confused by guys that are taller than 5'7" complaining about height in the USA. I have never known a male friend that had an issue with their height, really, and feel like this is just some crap getting spread on the internet to make men feel insecure. You should look abroad, but you should also work up your confidence in the meantime. Guys with low confidence are marks once their boots are on the ground in SEA or Eastern Europe, women can smell that shit from a mile away. Also, having big self esteem will open up a higher class of woman to you anywhere in the world.Always remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Disclaimer: I am 5'10" and might be completely unable to relate to your problem by virtue of the roughly two and a half centimeters that stands between us.


A 5'10 guy would not have any issues pulling tail in the US. With shoes on you look 6'. Anyone under that, will get dissed or passed over by the occasional broad, and if you are under 5'7 make that often.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests