Chinese food is quite tasty...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Kuli
Freshman Poster

Post by Kuli »

zboy1 wrote:A really underrated Chinese cuisine is Chinese Muslim food from the Xinjiang region. There's many small restaurants specializing in food fromm that part-of-the-word, and it's amazing! I would suggest people really try it out, the next time they're in China.

I just have to second this. The muslim community has some of the best cusine there is!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've been manning up and eating the bony fish they have here in Thailand. Not sure what it is but it's really delicious once you learn how to eat it.

Maybe I'll tackle the Chinese bony fish, although the carp they eat isn't anywhere as good as the Thai fish (which I presume is some sort of sea fish, not freshwater).
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

Sichuan food is great, but there's an intense burning sensation that makes me hold off on eating it. I prefer Thai food by comparison because it's at least a lot mellower and I can finish it a lot easier even if the food is unbearably spicy.
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

Yes it is. I miss the spicy food in Changsha, as well as the food that I had in Xi'an. There was a really nice (and cute) lady that spoke English and would customize my order. I wonder if she'll still be there next year if I go back to the 'An, but I'm thinking that a post in Southern China might work better for me.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
Everdred
Freshman Poster

Post by Everdred »

I feel like this thread needs to be photobombed with some of my photos of tasty Chinese food! Here we go:

A home-cooked meal made by my girlfriend's parents in Mudanjiang.

Lunch at Mr. Lee (Chinese: 李先生), a fast food chain that's ubiquitous all around China.

Handmade noodles with beef served at a hole in the wall restaurant in Mudanjiang. They're cheap and taste wonderful!

Handmade noodles with mystery meat served at a hole in the wall restaurant in Shanghai. They cost 6 RMB (about $1).

Noodles with lamb, potato, peppers, and onion served at a Xinjiang restaurant in Mudanjiang. I think Xinjiang cuisine is the best China has to offer.

The same dish as above, but this time it was served at a Xinjiang restaurant in Beijing.

Naan bread (Chinese: 馕) served at a Xinjiang restaurant in Shanghai. Naan is often sold on the streets by ethnic Uyghurs for around 1 or 2 RMB. Naan is my number one favorite snack in all of China!

An ethnic Uyghur man preparing liver kebabs at a Xinjiang restaurant in Mudanjiang.

Stinky tofu (Chinese: 臭豆腐), the infamous Chinese snack that you've probably heard of before. I found it down a random hutong in Beijing.

Steamed buns (Chinese: 小笼包) with seafood filling served at a semi-upscale restaurant in Mudanjiang.

Peking roast duck (Chinese: 北京烤鸭) served at Quan Ju De (Chinese: 全聚德), a famous upscale restaurant in Beijing.

Garlic-flavored pork strips (Chinese: 鱼香肉丝), a Sichuan dish popular with Westerners in China, served at a restaurant in Dalian. It was one of the first dishes I tried on my first trip to China, and it's still one of my favorites.

My dinner at Xi Jia De Dumplings (Chinese: 喜家德水饺), a fast food chain popular all around China. It's one of my favorite places to go for a cheap, delicious, and comfortable meal.

A Korean-style wrap with meat filling (Chinese: 韩式卷饼) served by a street vendor in Dalian. These are good for a cheap (about 5 RMB) and tasty on-the-go meal.

Roasted sweet potatoes sold by a street vendor in Dalian. These are cheap, tasty, healthy, and great when it's cold outside!

A bag of spicy peanuts with dried chilies and peppercorns. This was my favorite snack to buy from the convenience store back when I lived in Dalian.

A brick of hawthorn-flavored jelly (Chinese: 山楂糕). This is one of my guilty pleasures when I have a strong desire to eat something sweet.

Fruit kebabs in crystallized sugar (Chinese: 冰糖葫芦) sold at a market in Shanghai. These are a super famous and classic snack all around China.

Tofu on a stick served at Family Mart in Shanghai.

Various Chinese spices - such as dried chilies, peppercorns, star anise, and cumin - sold at a farmer's market in Dalian.

Farriry
Freshman Poster

Post by Farriry »

No doubt Chinese food is too delicious and tasty. I tasted it plenty of times last time during my china tour I have enjoyed a Beef Noodle Soup it is a healthy and the delicious dish which made up of red braised beef, Chinese noodles and the mixture of different vegetables. The other most delicious dish is Mantou, it is a Chinese bread r a type of a bun. It was eaten as a staple food.