Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Filipinas (Observations/Tips)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

The Filipinas (Observations/Tips)

Postby mguy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:45 am

Here I will try to keep a log on Filipina learnings
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 am

A good way to ascertain Filipinas socio-strata is asking whether she has health insurance.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

mguy
Junior Poster

First Date: bring her to Jollibee

Postby mguy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:39 am

Jollibee, a fast food chain, is the symbol of the masses and a way to screen Filipinas.

Since you are already a foreigner, bring her to Jollibee on the first date.

Do not spend more than P150 ($3.75) on food on her on the first date.

This is what standard Filipinos will pay for a date so you should not pay more especially if you had met her online. She will expect you to pay, you should pay.

Remember:

Her mission is to extract as much from the foreigner.
Your mission is to limit the amount she extracts until sex.

She will eventually give up sex to a foreigner. She will actually give it up willingly to any guy but foreigners are particularly good bets. They will leave soon and are likely to be “one day millionaireâ€￾ and wanting to spend. The fire of their loin translates to gold coins.

Once she gives it up, the balance of power shifts to the guy.

Be extremely frugal with your spending. Filipinas will be testing the foreigners purchasing capacity and they are experts at this. They might suggest expensive restaurants or hint at going to a trip. Deny immediately so she learns. She knows you are not poor (poor is Philippine poor) but failure to do so will result in a greedy Filipina that will empty your wallet.

If you dont have time for this and just want to spend, just get a hooker/bar-girl

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:59 am

If your Filipina is in college, ask her what she is majoring in.

Turns out Nursing is an expensive major . If she says marketing -- shes not doing too well. IMO, nursing is perfect for marrying to an American.

--------------------

Touch your Filipina on her arm. It is perfectly acceptable. Do not touch her on the waist -- that is not cool.

-------------------

Filipinos carry guns so be careful of who you mack!!!

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:06 am

I'm going on a Speed Dating EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!! MGUY ON CRACK!!!!!!

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:24 am

Your thing about restaurants is a brilliant tip. I took a date in a shopping mall, walked past her favourite restaurants and went into the food court (this is the place where you get Pad Thai and other dishes for less than $1, and a smoothie for around $0.60).

Needless to say I didn't hear from her again.

Don't get suckered into meeting a whole table full of people and having to foot the bill either. Ouch, that hurt.

I'd like to do a speed dating in Bangkok, but let me know how the Philippines one goes. My tip: make sure your phone has enough RAM for all the phone numbers you'll be collecting!!!

If you're in SE Asia long time then there's potential for sugar daddy type roles and part-time girlfriends. Why date a 35yo when you can date a 20yo.

I would be getting some strange looks back at home (well I get them anyway!!!) but here anything goes.

If you want to find a Filipina with brains, well they're mostly working overseas. I met one here in Bangkok. She was pretty damned smart.

As for macking the locals - I'm careful to stay out of trouble. But I have to say that most bloggers are wildly exaggerating the whole farang/Thai fighting thing. Serious Farang/Thai incidents seem pretty very rare if the newspaper reports are to be believed. Most stuff is Thai on Thai, especially the stuff involving guns.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Voice of Reason » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:17 am

Thanks, very good stuff...I hope you keep it up!

Have you got any tips on ways to talk to Filipino women?
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Re: First Date: bring her to Jollibee

Postby Array9 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:44 am

mguy wrote:If you dont have time for this and just want to spend, just get a hooker/bar-girl

Solid advice MG but I will add:

The Philippines has an abundance of young, tight and flirtatious women. There should never be a need to resort to whores. I am only average looking but when I am there, girls approach me all the time in the stores and ask if I am single :)

It is too easy to pull a pretty Filipina who would give it up fast if she liked you.

Just my 2 centavos
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Postby mguy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:53 am

The "pasalubong" or return-gift should always be in food products or apparel.

Don't be an ultra-beta male that gifts electronics like a laptop or a smart-phone to a Filipina. The flashier the electronic product, the more of a sucker the image the foreigner projects. Some Filipinas actually scheme of the what the latest electronic gadget is in the US and sees if they can get a foreigner to buy it for them. Then they post it on FB as little conquest prizes.

Keep it at chocolates. Chocolates and cost of plane ticket to see her should be enough to profess your undying love.

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 am

^updated with a gadget that is not his.

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby ladislav » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Americans are mocked by the world outside about the fact that they don't know anything about the world outside of America or that they have distorted ideas about how things are in other countries. Particularly, they think that every country is poorer than the US.

Filipinos have a similar issue with other countries but it's the opposite. In their minds, every country on earth is richer than the Philippines, and poreners are all super rich with unlimited supplies of cash. All poreners earn dollars ( like there are no Euros, no riyals, etc) and even the lowliest person makes 44 times the salary of an average Filipino. Not twice as much, not three times as much but a whooping 44 times as much. Because it is 44 pesos to the dollar. Logical, isn't it?

And Americans are astronomically rich, unthinkably rich.

My dream is for America to be as rich as what Filipinos think it is.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: First Date: bring her to Jollibee

Postby Rock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:18 pm

mguy wrote:Jollibee, a fast food chain, is the symbol of the masses and a way to screen Filipinas.

Since you are already a foreigner, bring her to Jollibee on the first date.

Do not spend more than P150 ($3.75) on food on her on the first date.

This is what standard Filipinos will pay for a date so you should not pay more especially if you had met her online. She will expect you to pay, you should pay.

Remember:

Her mission is to extract as much from the foreigner.
Your mission is to limit the amount she extracts until sex.

She will eventually give up sex to a foreigner. She will actually give it up willingly to any guy but foreigners are particularly good bets. They will leave soon and are likely to be “one day millionaireâ€￾ and wanting to spend. The fire of their loin translates to gold coins.

Once she gives it up, the balance of power shifts to the guy.

Be extremely frugal with your spending. Filipinas will be testing the foreigners purchasing capacity and they are experts at this. They might suggest expensive restaurants or hint at going to a trip. Deny immediately so she learns. She knows you are not poor (poor is Philippine poor) but failure to do so will result in a greedy Filipina that will empty your wallet.

If you dont have time for this and just want to spend, just get a hooker/bar-girl

Hey guess what. It sounds like you are describing the women Winston met here, lol.

But I've met a lot of Pinays who don't seem to be from that mold, even outside of Metro Man. The more time you spend in a place, the more you realize how unique many of the individuals are. Some would be totally ashamed at scrounging off a foreigner or other guy.

When a girl suggests some kind of expensive outing or gets excited at the prospect of eating at a mall on your dime, she might be a decent lay for you to win over as per your advice above. But don't let yourself get at all attached (well maybe to the sex if she's good lol) or consider her for a relationship.
Last edited by Rock on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby davewe » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 pm

ladislav wrote:Americans are mocked by the world outside about the fact that they don't know anything about the world outside of America or that they have distorted ideas about how things are in other countries. Particularly, they think that every country is poorer than the US.

Filipinos have a similar issue with other countries but it's the opposite. In their minds, every country on earth is richer than the Philippines, and poreners are all super rich with unlimited supplies of cash. All poreners earn dollars ( like there are no Euros, no riyals, etc) and even the lowliest person makes 44 times the salary of an average Filipino. Not twice as much, not three times as much but a whooping 44 times as much. Because it is 44 pesos to the dollar. Logical, isn't it?

+1

My girl just this morning gave me the 40-1 logic and she is here in the US, has gone to plenty of stores and malls, and still doesn't understand the money ratio completely. And BTW, she is a recent BS in Business Ad. Point is the stereotype is so engrained it is universally believed in PI.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Rock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 pm

ladislav wrote:Americans are mocked by the world outside about the fact that they don't know anything about the world outside of America or that they have distorted ideas about how things are in other countries. Particularly, they think that every country is poorer than the US.

If I encountered a Filipino who threw the logic, u Americans are rich compared to us because your US$ buys 43 of our Pesos, I would counter by saying, well you Filippinos are rich compared to Japanese cus one of your Pesos buys more than two of their Yen. I'm sure that comment would yield some confused stares back lol.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby momopi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:07 am

A little OT trivia: There are ~27 Jollibee's in the US. I eat at the one in Cerritos and their fried chicken ("chicken joy") is much better than KFC these days.

Folks living in California might not be aware that we have some Philippine chains here, such as Jollibee, Red Ribbon, Chowking, Goldilocks, Max's Restaurant of Manila, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand