Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Filipinas (Observations/Tips)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby mguy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:38 am

OutWest wrote:
Reality is...there are far more girls like that than there are senators...good thing too...
It allowed a basically irreverent rascal like me to cash in...

Outwest

Say you get a Heart Evangelista. It basically assures of the masa votes. That's why they command very high prices, they get a political bump. Beauty and Utility!

There aren't that many girls of that pedigree, really.

Also, it has to be a mix. If a pedigree becomes too "white" then they lose out the mass appeal and thus seen as a foreigner, thus not marketable.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby publicduende » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:21 am

mguy wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Reality is...there are far more girls like that than there are senators...good thing too...

Outwest

Say you get a Heart Evangelista. It basically assures of the masa votes. That's why they command very high prices, they get a political bump. Beauty and Utility!

Also, it has to be a mix. If a pedigree becomes too "white" then they lose out the mass appeal and thus seen as a foreigner, thus not marketable.

Hmm true...didn't think about the "political value" of a top babe. In the Phils, showbiz and politics go hand in hand like in no other country, it seems. I looked up Chiz Escudero on Wikipedia, he does seem to be a genuinely smart and charismatic man, perhaps it's real love :)
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby OutWest » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:50 pm

mguy wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Outwest

agreed...there not too many girls who are pretty and have such a pedigree. Some of us are not
so impressed with such a "pedigree"...one of the advantages of being a foreigner I suppose.
The Philippines is ruled by the parasite class generally, and being a social climber and politician has
little to recommend itself outside of the crass corruption it usually is.

>>>If you are outside of the model, you have the advantage of finding a pretty girl and looking
at the quality of her heart, not where she stands within the ranks of the so called elites in Luzon.
Politics in the Philippines is vulgar and crude- a popularity contest with little regard to the competence
of the individual. The primary target is access and control of money flows so that you can steal some of it. Kind of reminds me of...the USA, where a fecklessly incompetent "community organizer"
gets elected. In the Philippines at least, he might have a hot wife, unlike Obama's cardboard wookie.

Outwest @ a safe distance from Luzon....lol
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:06 am

OK so I've never been to the Phillies but I met another Filipina here in Bangkok last night. Falcon also met her and she was wowed by his Tagalog! She is Filipino-Chinese, and really nice. Is it easy to find such girls in the Phillies? Or are they hiso and not interested in foreigners. She was obviously pretty well educated, spoke great English and had money. I found her on wechat.

I met a "pure" Filipina before, but I think Filipino-Chinese girls are hotter.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:39 am

I've only been to around the Manila area, and it didn't seem as bad as I have read about sometimes. I was with my girlfriend, though, so I don't know if I could have gotten much interest on the street if I had been there alone.

I really want to visit other parts of the Philippines. I've been thinking about Cebu lately. I'm still slowly learning some Tagalog, so I want to put it to good use. It would be really nice to know a place where I could go and be away from foreigners and well-known areas. Some provincial town or something. Every capital city in the world is going to have more westernized, uptight people (even though Manila didn't seem too uptight, really...)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby mguy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:23 am

Filipino-Chinese are considered Filipino. If you live in Manila, especially in QC, you can't really differentiate them. Saying one is Filipino-Chinese is just an act of formality.

There is no hyphen here.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby OutWest » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Ghost wrote:I've only been to around the Manila area, and it didn't seem as bad as I have read about sometimes. I was with my girlfriend, though, so I don't know if I could have gotten much interest on the street if I had been there alone.

I really want to visit other parts of the Philippines. I've been thinking about Cebu lately. I'm still slowly learning some Tagalog, so I want to put it to good use. It would be really nice to know a place where I could go and be away from foreigners and well-known areas. Some provincial town or something. Every capital city in the world is going to have more westernized, uptight people (even though Manila didn't seem too uptight, really...)

If you are heading to Cebu...learning Visayan might be a better bet....but really, as others have covered, there is not much need...though it might be amusing to be able to actually understand when
one Filipina confides in another in your presence that she wished she could make a "white" baby with you...lol
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:29 pm

OutWest wrote:
Ghost wrote:I've only been to around the Manila area, and it didn't seem as bad as I have read about sometimes. I was with my girlfriend, though, so I don't know if I could have gotten much interest on the street if I had been there alone.

If you are heading to Cebu...learning Visayan might be a better bet....but really, as others have covered, there is not much need...though it might be amusing to be able to actually understand when
one Filipina confides in another in your presence that she wished she could make a "white" baby with you...lol

Isn't Visayan just a dialect of Tagalog though? Well, I will at least keep learning Tagalog. I could see myself living in the Philippines one day. My girlfriend didn't let go of me for one second while I was there, so I wonder how much girls would talk to me or flirt with me if i went alone in the future...
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby mguy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:27 pm

Ghost, learn Tagalog not Visayas. The utility is much higher.

Also I didn't know you were a young cat <30! That's great for girls here.

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:32 pm

So that girl in the video Ellen.. I met her.

I don't think I stand a chance there. But she hangs out with the bad boy clubs. Meaning rich kids with war freak dispositions(on a power trip). They started a rumble in this club. These girls usually hang out with this dangerous crowd. They absorb these chicks.

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby davewe » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:12 am

Ghost wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Isn't Visayan just a dialect of Tagalog though? Well, I will at least keep learning Tagalog. I could see myself living in the Philippines one day. My girlfriend didn't let go of me for one second while I was there, so I wonder how much girls would talk to me or flirt with me if i went alone in the future...

The difference between Visayan and Tagalog isn't just a language thing (and no, one is not just a dialect of the other) its's a location and cultural thing. Many Visayans do not like Tagalog and vice versa. A Visayan girl moving to Manila is not just impacted by the big city but by a different language and culture. Visayans don't just dislike Manila cause it is big and polluted. For them it's practically another country.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:33 am

Well, I don't think I've seen any resources on learning Visayan. If, from my perspective, it would be like the difference between American English and British English, I would just learn Tagalog. Well, at any rate, I would want to visit Visayas first and see what it is like first. Manila still has lots of nice girls from the looks of it, and it is the easiest and cheapest city to get to.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby davewe » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 am

Ghost wrote:Well, I don't think I've seen any resources on learning Visayan. If, from my perspective, it would be like the difference between American English and British English, I would just learn Tagalog. Well, at any rate, I would want to visit Visayas first and see what it is like first. Manila still has lots of nice girls from the looks of it, and it is the easiest and cheapest city to get to.

You will often see it referred to as Cebuano. That might be the reason you haven't seen many references. There are online Cebuano courses the last time I looked. Visayan vs. Cebuano is like your British/American English analogy. Visayan vs. Tagalog are very different languages.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby mguy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:16 am

Enjoy guys! :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBQayNVsFWE[/youtube]

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby In2dadark » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Nice & on vid no less. They have beautiful smiles & cover their mouths. Ameriskanks have rotted teeth & don't bother to cover up when they cough. The world is upside down.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand