Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Filipinas (Observations/Tips)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby sushiman » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:44 am

publicduende wrote:I have mingled with some very rich individuals in Davao and did notice the same patterns.

Where would you suggest in Davao for mingling with the upper-middle class and making acquaintances? Normally I do things with introductions, but don't have contacts in Davao.

Not that there's anything wrong with mingling with the hot farm girls, but it would be nice to meet some more sophisticated sorts...
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Postby Halwick » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:40 am

sushiman wrote:Q: what do you guys think about the fact that around 98 out of 100 of these woman can not write a complete sentence; thoughts organized correctly, capitalization, punctuation, etc?

Hell, as long as they are hot right? Still, jezus it's almost like talking to a retard sometimes...

If your requirement is a woman whose thoughts are rationally organized, can write a correctly punctuated, grammatically correct sentences, and carry on a intelligent and stimulating conversation, there's a higher probability that a WESTERN woman would meet these requirements and better serve your needs than a Filipina.

But I think many will agree, based on their experiences and observations, that Filipinas are more agreeable, compliant, eager-to-please, and makes a more satisfying companion than the more intellectually articulate Western woman.

If you need intellectual conversations, that's what your male buddies/compadres are for.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Postby sushiman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:06 am

^ Yeah, that's about it.

Just find it amazing people can't write a sentence. It's so odd, there will be capitalization in the middle of the sentence, in the middle of a word, periods in the middle of sentences. Almost like a spaz attack happened on the keyboard. ;)
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Postby mguy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:20 pm

sushiman wrote:Q: what do you guys think about the fact that around 98 out of 100 of these woman can not write a complete sentence; thoughts organized correctly, capitalization, punctuation, etc?

Hell, as long as they are hot right? Still, jezus it's almost like talking to a retard sometimes...

If it's by phone a lack of punctuation and spelling skills will signal to me that they are not using a smart phone. Thus I pigeonhole them to strata and act appropriately. How? They probably subscribe to this train of thought:

What is a JejeMon?

If it's in online dating then.. well I already wrote about girls of the of the online dating world. I did notice a commonality in speech in the dating world as to indicate a cultural pattern and a way to filter out girls.

I have more thoughts on this. I have just been busy with other projects.

Chick with a kid is now currently my Long Term Girlfriend as her location makes it convenient. I am SURPRISED that I am liking hanging with her more than a sure bang with a nice well adjusted Filipina girl (young petite well educated). I ate my words when I said I wouldn't date a chick with a kid. I admit that. Is there a future with us? Most probably not.. life goes on anyways.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:35 pm

sushiman wrote:
publicduende wrote:I have mingled with some very rich individuals in Davao and did notice the same patterns.

Where would you suggest in Davao for mingling with the upper-middle class and making acquaintances? Normally I do things with introductions, but don't have contacts in Davao.

Not that there's anything wrong with mingling with the hot farm girls, but it would be nice to meet some more sophisticated sorts...

I wrote about this in the guide im developing. I for the life of me cannot get along with a Farm girl as you put it. I just can't and I give my reasons for this. But it doesn't mean it cannot work for you. Davao is much smaller than Manila with a high barrier of entry to the upper strata. A popular joke in Manila is that in Davao or in Cebu the wealthy have high gates (as to hide their wealth) marking their compounds while in Manila the wealthy have glass gates (a metaphor for showing their wealth).
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby pete98146 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:38 pm

You have to remember that English is not their first language. The key is to find a bright girl who is a fast learner. LOL I should go back 8 years and post the first written email between me and my now wife you'd get a laugh. Same thing that you state above.

Fast forward today and her grammar, spelling and English language skills are very good. But the best way to keep this in perspective is that my Tagalog/Visayan skills are non existent.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby Repatriate » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:07 pm

pete98146 wrote:

You have to remember that English is not their first language. The key is to find a bright girl who is a fast learner. LOL I should go back 8 years and post the first written email between me and my now wife you'd get a laugh. Same thing that you state above.

Fast forward today and her grammar, spelling and English language skills are very good. But the best way to keep this in perspective is that my Tagalog/Visayan skills are non existent.

There are only 4 languages really worth learning in the world. English, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish. These languages overlap vast populations and countries. Other languages are a complete waste of time unless you have an infatuation with the culture and people. I always laugh when I see some white guy who speaks fluent Thai. I admire their linguistic acumen but the reality is they spent hours if not days of their life learning Thai probably just to chase some p***y in one country. Thai language is completely worthless outside of the narrow confines of Thailand and maybe Laos. That time would be better spent learning one of the major 4 or brushing up on knowledge related skills to business or professional pursuits.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby mguy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:58 am

Hey guys! Been really busy (finished my travel/dating book). :)

With teaching Koreans English, I noticed that some Korean kids who speak Tagalog are seen as compatriots absorbed to local culture like Filipinos. Some Korean kids that I teach have an affinity to Filipino culture, and as a result, they have Barkadas (group of lifelong close friends), sing Tagalog songs, partake in local culture, and they are able to date around. Whereas the Koreans who do not speak Tagalog (usually recently arrived) are seen as Koreans thus foreigner. There is a move for the Koreans to learn Tagalog as part of their acculturation similar to what had happened to the Chinese immigrants. Koreans are smart.. they know they need it.

There is a sort of affinity the locals feels when a foreigner speaks the language. I thought about Ladislav and when he said he speaks the language and thought locals thought of him as one of them. I disagreed with him then. But at this point, I now believe him. Some Filipinos look anglo-saxon and when they speak Tagalog (cuz they are Filipinos) the thought that they are not Filipinos would not even cross the mind. This applies to the 5th generation Indians as well.

Tagalog is indeed hard to learn. But what language isn't? Tagalog is worth it if you are planning to stay long term. Even the act of trying to learn Tagalog and showing interest in learning will amuse locals and you will get extra respect points by default. Will you be able to speak like local? You will probably never lose the accent.. but if you are able to be understood comprehensibly you will transition from an outsider to an insider. I experienced this in Latin America as well and is what separated me from the gringo pack.

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:51 am

Dating in Manila is heavily skewed favor of men of value. We already know that. But it is getting to a point where Filipinas are looking too leave (happier abroad for Filipinas lol) to find quality mates.

check this blogpost to see why I said the above.

http://3rdworldhero.blogspot.com/2014/01/young-and-pretty-filipina-why-she-has.html

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:04 am

How to spot a bar girl series:

So I just home from a date. So Filipinas drink right? Every Filipina will drink something as it is part of culture.

However, Filipinas will usually cap of at 3 or 4 san mig lights. 4 is kinda extreme already. Mofckin bar girls will consume up to 10!

"are you a bar girl?"

haha

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:52 am

Guys, if you have been following this, I want thank you.

I need input.

Is there a market for a Filipina upper-strata dating service?

The chicks are all middle to upper strata. If you read my blog, you will understand their plight.

They are looking for foreign men with high value not 40 year old apartment plumbers. Most are 23-30. These chicks are not in any online dating service currently. They are looking to fall in love with non-assholes. <actual words.

I have access to these chicks. Is there a way to monetize it?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby Dragon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:38 am

mguy wrote:Guys, if you have been following this, I want thank you.

I need input.

Is there a market for a Filipina upper-strata dating service?

The chicks are all middle to upper strata. If you read my blog, you will understand their plight.

They are looking for foreign men with high value not 40 year old apartment plumbers. Most are 23-30. These chicks are not in any online dating service currently. They are looking to fall in love with non-assholes. <actual words.

I have access to these chicks. Is there a way to monetize it?

That depends on if these chicks want white guys only, asian guys only, or it doesn't matter.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:30 am

after I asked,

"haha ok. hmm no indians or middle easterns tho"

I almost spat out my coffee when I read that. lol

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:36 am

caveat: Her sister married an indian guy so she might just be compensating

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby Dragon » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:48 am

mguy wrote:after I asked,

"haha ok. hmm no indians or middle easterns tho"

I almost spat out my coffee when I read that. lol

No love for the curry brothers.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand