Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Living in Thailand: An Afternoon At the Beauty Center

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Living in Thailand: An Afternoon At the Beauty Center

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:07 am

Went to get my feet scrubbed the other day at the Beauty Center. Had a little fun talking and flirting with the girls.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvHo4NpnoM[/youtube]
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby Digit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Cool video man thanks for sharing! thats just one of the many things I miss about thailand, getting a nice footscrub.
Digit
Freshman Poster

Postby kai1275 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey Scott can I ask you a strange question only you could answer?

If I got some work done like that on my ugly Muay Thai fighter looking feet, would my skin break open easier when I go do my Muay Thai training the next day or so?
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 pm

kai1275 wrote:Hey Scott can I ask you a strange question only you could answer?

If I got some work done like that on my ugly Muay Thai fighter looking feet, would my skin break open easier when I go do my Muay Thai training the next day or so?

Since you're asking this question I'm going to assume you're not all that experienced in Muay Thai. If you're not training for 5-6 hours a day, I don't think it would have any impact on your feet. The only exception might be if your feet were as bad as mine and then you did some crazy training on the same day or day after.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby kai1275 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 pm

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
kai1275 wrote:Hey Scott can I ask you a strange question only you could answer?

Since you're asking this question I'm going to assume you're not all that experienced in Muay Thai. If you're not training for 5-6 hours a day, I don't think it would have any impact on your feet. The only exception might be if your feet were as bad as mine and then you did some crazy training on the same day or day after.

I been doing it since 2002, so about 9 years or so. I just don't let people rub lotions or remove any calluses on my body. Especially my hands. That is why I do not get work like that done. The only things I get at spas are sports/athlete massages. I have no feeling in my shins and feet like most of our kind does, and sometimes I break my skin open while training. I wondered if that spa treatment stuff you are doing makes your skin too soft basically.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:35 pm

Okay...got ya.

If you're only doing it once every month or two, no, it's not going to soften your feet. My feet are already hard again and it's only been a week or so.

Do your shins split? I've had mine swell up and split and for a while I was in misery. Every time I set down, it was so painful. Once I got older, this stopped happening. But I got planters fasciitis, less painful but it took a year to get better.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby kai1275 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:10 pm

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Okay...got ya.

If you're only doing it once every month or two, no, it's not going to soften your feet. My feet are already hard again and it's only been a week or so.

Do your shins split? I've had mine swell up and split and for a while I was in misery. Every time I set down, it was so painful. Once I got older, this stopped happening. But I got planters fasciitis, less painful but it took a year to get better.

DUDE!!! I just got this problem this month for the first time!!! It is driving me f***ing crazy! What eventually helped you get rid of it?

I get shin splints if I stand up too long or walk too much or too far. Trekking around in China killed me, especially in the mountains. The pain is intense but I mostly feel it in the feet, like in my arches and my calves. It's enough to make me stop and get on my knees or try to stretch out.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Lot's of stretching when I woke up and before going to bed. Also, I got physically therapy for a year straight 3-4 times a week. Heat, massage, electrical stimulation...it sucked, although the physo chicks were cute. At the time I was training fighters and training myself and it made it hard to walk. I limped for quite some time. It comes from the calf muscles pulling on the planters fasciitis tendon...I guess it shortens the tendon and then it causes pain. It sucks. It's not the most painful injury but it's chronic, nagging, and you never get rid of it 100%.

There was a while that I had so many f***ing injuries from fights, motorcycle accidents, and a fall from the 4th floor, I was in constant pain. When the doctor asked if I was in pain, I said, "When am I NOT in pain?!" I was in such chronic f***ing pain all the time, and sometimes I still am, it makes it difficult to feel 100% and to feel like dealing with people in a normal manner. There are days I wake up in such pain that I just go, f**k it, guess I'm not doing anything today.

When my wife complains about a headache or backache, I just tell her she doesn't have a f***ing clue what pain is. I'm in pain every f***ing day - she knows this - but you just get used to it. But some days are worse than others.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby kai1275 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 pm

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Lot's of stretching when I woke up and before going to bed. Also, I got physically therapy for a year straight 3-4 times a week. Heat, massage, electrical stimulation...it sucked, although the physo chicks were cute. At the time I was training fighters and training myself and it made it hard to walk. I limped for quite some time. It comes from the calf muscles pulling on the planters fasciitis tendon...I guess it shortens the tendon and then it causes pain. It sucks. It's not the most painful injury but it's chronic, nagging, and you never get rid of it 100%.

There was a while that I had so many f***ing injuries from fights, motorcycle accidents, and a fall from the 4th floor, I was in constant pain. When the doctor asked if I was in pain, I said, "When am I NOT in pain?!" I was in such chronic f***ing pain all the time, and sometimes I still am, it makes it difficult to feel 100% and to feel like dealing with people in a normal manner. There are days I wake up in such pain that I just go, f**k it, guess I'm not doing anything today.

When my wife complains about a headache or backache, I just tell her she doesn't have a f***ing clue what pain is. I'm in pain every f***ing day - she knows this - but you just get used to it. But some days are worse than others.

Thanks for the advice on that. I need to get to a doctor for sure.

Yeah, no normal person knows what it is like to feel pain like this all the time. It's annoying listening to people, especially women that have not had a baby, that have not played even 1 sport a day in their lives talking about pain. Only college/pro football and hockey players, other fighters, and some military guys are the only people I can relate to in terms of pain.

I tell my wife all the time, I am going to have lots of problems probably by 40 and she just doesn't believe me. No one does. I guess it is what it is....

You are right about that 100% thing. Some days I just want to take a big shot of whiskey and stay home. I have drained thousands of dollars in physical therapy and rehab over the last 7 years. It really does suck.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:46 am

Today is one of those days...sore legs, feet feel like they've been pounded on with a hammer. Time to lay down and fall asleep in front of the tele...
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby kai1275 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:25 pm

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Today is one of those days...sore legs, feet feel like they've been pounded on with a hammer. Time to lay down and fall asleep in front of the tele...

Hope you feel better. I did some stretches as if I am going to do some Muay Thai and it instantly felt alot better. Thanks for that tip.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby creonte » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 pm

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Today is one of those days...sore legs, feet feel like they've been pounded on with a hammer. Time to lay down and fall asleep in front of the tele...

Guys, it's time to slow down on the MT, and do more, if not already start BJJ.

My shins are a wreck, scarred, half the time I don't feel anything bumping into shit, the other pains out of nowhere. The other upside is my pedicures last a long time, and my feet are nice and smooth.

I can't believe I just used my first post to talk about my feet.
creonte
Freshman Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:03 pm

creonte wrote:

My shins are a wreck, scarred, half the time I don't feel anything bumping into shit, the other pains out of nowhere. The other upside is my pedicures last a long time, and my feet are nice and smooth.

I have a black belt in BJJ, Japanese Ju Jitsu, and Judo. I have Judo Back and Judo Knees too to add to any Muay Thai woes.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby creonte » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:33 pm

kai1275 wrote:
creonte wrote:

I have a black belt in BJJ, Japanese Ju Jitsu, and Judo. I have Judo Back and Judo Knees too to add to any Muay Thai woes.

Awesome, do you teach? I've decided to do more gi and move up in belts. Been a blue since 2008, belted by Ricardo Liborio
creonte
Freshman Poster

Postby kai1275 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:53 pm

creonte wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
creonte wrote:

Awesome, do you teach? I've decided to do more gi and move up in belts. Been a blue since 2008, belted by Ricardo Liborio

I only give private lessons nowadays. I have taught for many years. Right now, I only have one pro fighter right now that comes to visit me a few times a year. Sometimes military guys come to me to learn knife fighting and other forms of hand to hand combat skills. At this rate I have no idea how much longer will I be teaching within the next 5 years. We shall see.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand