Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Mguy's Manila Price List

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby mguy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:00 pm

What's beer cost in the Phillies?


A can of beer is a US dollar. You can buy bottled beer for P30 which is .75 then you can return the bottles for a deposit.

A pack of cigarettes is a US dollar. Marlboro Lights.

Sin is cheap here. I try to stay away. I'm not inhaling those vaper e-cigs either.

//edit the price of beer is found in convenience stores. backwards calculate it to check the markup if you are at an establishment
Last edited by mguy on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm







Postby mguy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:06 pm

After consulting with a triathlete who coaches the uber rich, I have the protein solution.

Eggs!!!!!!!!!

The protein powder is maddd expensive here (or overpriced). So the solution is eggs. Just scoop the yellow part out and viola protein!

We also did some calculations. Chicken is P220 so 10 servings is P22. It follows the deck of card principle (body needs only deck of cards size).
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby mguy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm also getting the Mizuno Inspire 9 running shoes cuz I got a super steep discount (race sponsor is my friend). It retails $100 or 4k + 25% markup at the sporting stores. General rule is if its sports related or performance athlete related, best bring it in from the US or UK.

http://www.mizuno.ph/running/mizuno-wave-inspire-9-w
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby mguy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:23 pm

There are super cheap knockoff shoes here but the quality is abysmal. You should invest in high quality shoes before you come here. The shoe gel product thrives here because of the lower quality shoes. Look at it as investment.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby rudder » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:39 pm

So mguy, what is your average monthly payment for your exorbitant lifestyle?
rudder
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Postby mguy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:27 am

rudder wrote:So mguy, what is your average monthly payment for your exorbitant lifestyle?


I'm not there yet. I'm still in transition period which I write about in my blog. As things normalize I will be able provide this.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby xiongmao » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:56 am

The roads/sidewalks in SE Asia are terrible, so +1 to buying good quality shoes. Cheap Chinese trainers wrecked my feet. Now I've got some North Face ones and they're excellent. I found them on sale in a Bangkok mall. Get some Scholl inserts for your shoes as well, they're also great.

Eggs are cheap(ish) in Asia and I am a big fan of Thai omelets. Also remember to eat plenty of fish here. I ate a whole BBQ'd Tilapia and then was able to do a 12 hour work rampage the next day.

If you're on a budget, fill up on cheap rice.

I did more research on Bangkok beer prices last night. A 330ml can of Chang from 7-11 is $1. A beer in a Nana Soi 4 live music beer bar was over $7. Ouch! And the bouncers stole my bottle of water from me - assholes!

I prefer Soi Cowboy. A beer in one of the outside bars costs around $3.50 and as much people watching as you can handle. Gogo bar beer usually costs $4.80. Pattaya is way cheaper.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby mguy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:37 am

The internet problem. There is a fix.

A fix. A fix. A fix.

get it? what happens when u have a lot of smart technical people but with low salaries. boom. a fix. :wink:
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby mguy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:42 am

Third world lifestyle. There's a hack to everything.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby Rich » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:47 pm

mguy wrote:After consulting with a triathlete who coaches the uber rich, I have the protein solution.

Eggs!!!!!!!!!

The protein powder is maddd expensive here (or overpriced). So the solution is eggs. Just scoop the yellow part out and viola protein!

We also did some calculations. Chicken is P220 so 10 servings is P22. It follows the deck of card principle (body needs only deck of cards size).


I have three egg scramble for breakfast everyday but man can't get protein from eggs a lone. 40gs of whey protein, the quantity I have in my shakes, which are just water and whey protein, is the equivalent of about 6 eggs and I usually have two shakes a day when I'm working out which would be the equivalent of 12 eggs. Now, I'm sure not if you've seen the egg-eating scene in Cool Hand Luke (played by Paul Newman), but I'd be gagging well before I got close to 12 eggs.

Anyway, I don't expect to have it all my own way when I go back to the Philippines so am prepared to pay more for things that are important to me like whey protein and low sodium food.
Rich
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:19 am

Postby mguy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:01 am

Rich wrote:
mguy wrote:After consulting with a triathlete who coaches the uber rich, I have the protein solution.

Eggs!!!!!!!!!

The protein powder is maddd expensive here (or overpriced). So the solution is eggs. Just scoop the yellow part out and viola protein!

We also did some calculations. Chicken is P220 so 10 servings is P22. It follows the deck of card principle (body needs only deck of cards size).


I have three egg scramble for breakfast everyday but man can't get protein from eggs a lone. 40gs of whey protein, the quantity I have in my shakes, which are just water and whey protein, is the equivalent of about 6 eggs and I usually have two shakes a day when I'm working out which would be the equivalent of 12 eggs. Now, I'm sure not if you've seen the egg-eating scene in Cool Hand Luke (played by Paul Newman), but I'd be gagging well before I got close to 12 eggs.

Anyway, I don't expect to have it all my own way when I go back to the Philippines so am prepared to pay more for things that are important to me like whey protein and low sodium food.


Thanks Rich. How big are you that you need that much protein?

I'm not looking to bulk up. Just maintain my physique. If anything, I'm going for a ninjas' physique.

I think bulking up, being muscular, causes a logistical problem here. For instance, jeepneys become more of a hassle as you become constricted quickly. Then there's heat. Then there's the expensive gym (i dont want to pay less for no AC). Then there's overpriced protein shakes. The infrastructure is not made conducive to bulking up like it is in the USA.

The upkeep is too much for me so I'm just gon put my cash in equipment shoes and eventually a bike. Maybe go triathlete route ($100 registration fee). If I go hulk mode, I have to ask the local guys what the third world hackâ„¢ is to their protein diet
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby mguy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:34 am

$2 for USB charger through CDW (cheap electronics peripheral shop here here all made from china)

That USB charger is for the go pro hero 3 camera which I bought states side as my final purchase. I told you video'ing all this shit.

http://3rdworldhero.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... itude.html
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby mguy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:42 am

since I got my bandwidth cap removed, lets try enjoying some music and streaming more and more shit.

btw, here's another monthly expense I will have. Proxy server service: $4

Time to get into labor economics? How about putting the music by a video editor and get some editing -- how much would that cost? hmmm!

Third World Hero has background music! lolz

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8[/youtube]
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby Rich » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:49 pm

mguy wrote:
Rich wrote:
mguy wrote:After consulting with a triathlete who coaches the uber rich, I have the protein solution.

Eggs!!!!!!!!!

The protein powder is maddd expensive here (or overpriced). So the solution is eggs. Just scoop the yellow part out and viola protein!

We also did some calculations. Chicken is P220 so 10 servings is P22. It follows the deck of card principle (body needs only deck of cards size).


I have three egg scramble for breakfast everyday but man can't get protein from eggs a lone. 40gs of whey protein, the quantity I have in my shakes, which are just water and whey protein, is the equivalent of about 6 eggs and I usually have two shakes a day when I'm working out which would be the equivalent of 12 eggs. Now, I'm sure not if you've seen the egg-eating scene in Cool Hand Luke (played by Paul Newman), but I'd be gagging well before I got close to 12 eggs.

Anyway, I don't expect to have it all my own way when I go back to the Philippines so am prepared to pay more for things that are important to me like whey protein and low sodium food.


Thanks Rich. How big are you that you need that much protein?

I'm not looking to bulk up. Just maintain my physique. If anything, I'm going for a ninjas' physique.

I think bulking up, being muscular, causes a logistical problem here. For instance, jeepneys become more of a hassle as you become constricted quickly. Then there's heat. Then there's the expensive gym (i dont want to pay less for no AC). Then there's overpriced protein shakes. The infrastructure is not made conducive to bulking up like it is in the USA.

The upkeep is too much for me so I'm just gon put my cash in equipment shoes and eventually a bike. Maybe go triathlete route ($100 registration fee). If I go hulk mode, I have to ask the local guys what the third world hackâ„¢ is to their protein diet


I use protein to help keep my weight under control. A high protein/high fat, low carb diet helps keep my big appetite in check. I work out with weights 3-4 times per week but just do it to try and maintain some level strength and reasonable shape not to bulk up, which I would struggle to do now even if I tried. As one gets older, T levels really drop.

Looking forward to your budget figures when you get around to crunching the numbers.
Rich
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:19 am

Postby mguy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:08 am

$15 = a days worth of wage for the unskilled. The girls running the food karts.

$10 = an hour of teaching English to the Koreans. Needed: ability to speak english. Hallooo... ha--loooooo.... ha---loooooooow! FML :lol:
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests