Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

At Least 18 People Have Died Of Wasp Attacks In Shaanxi

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

At Least 18 People Have Died Of Wasp Attacks In Shaanxi

Postby kai1275 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:52 pm

http://beijingcream.com/2013/09/at-least-18-people-have-died-of-wasp-attacks-in-shaanxi/

My wife's family laughed at me when I was afraid of some smaller ones they have there. I guess those Mahogany wasps in the South US, make me skittish, but f**k! Now I really wont go near any in China if they have these! I thought only Japan had those!

kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby momopi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 pm

We call those "tiger head bees" in Taiwan (note: in Chinese we use the same character 蜂 for bee and wasp). When I was in elementary school in TW, if someone discovered a bee's nest, the fire department would be called to take care of it.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:13 am

Jesus God Almighty another thread that says "Mom is right" (about leaving the USA)!!
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Dragon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:20 am

Jester wrote:Jesus God Almighty another thread that says "Mom is right" (about leaving the USA)!!

Meh. Being stung to death is still better than dealing with American Women.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Postby kai1275 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Jester wrote:Jesus God Almighty another thread that says "Mom is right" (about leaving the USA)!!

There has been sightings reported in Illinois and the midwest and a Facebook page has pictures of these in the US captured by people on Facebook!!! What ever happened to the African Honeybees we used to have? Did the fireants, global warming, mosquito spraying, or Monstanto products killed them off like the regular honeybees?
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby kai1275 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Dragon wrote:

Being killed in a mass murder and random murders in public places is probably the worst problem here right now.... AW are about as bad as terrorism it seems.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:07 pm

kai1275 wrote:
What ever happened to the African Honeybees we used to have? Did the fireants, global warming, mosquito spraying, or Monstanto products killed them off like the regular honeybees?

Good question.

NEW from Toho Films...
"Mega-Monsanto versus The Africanized Killer Bees"
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby AloneInAm » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:19 am

Dragon wrote:

Best answer. haha Those bee's are enormous and freaky. You must've had some serious trouble dem American bi***es.
I feel as if I'm lost.
AloneInAm
Freshman Poster

Postby C.J. » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Dragon wrote:Meh. Being stung to death is still better than dealing with American Women.

Now that's just stupid. :D At least you can avoid western women with minimal pain. Wasps just f**k you up! They don't give a shit. They're like, mini honey badgers.

There's one type of wasp that looks similar to the ones int he news story, but only the females sting when handled roughly;the males don't, they only bite.

A lot of different bees will leave you alone as long as you don't bother them or get in their way. I remember being face-to-face with a couple yellow jackets, and my nephew/niece are sometimes the objects of bumblebee affection.

And then there's the wasps with syringe-like stingers that get in your car. Let them mutha-f**kas through! :lol:
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Postby kai1275 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 pm

C.J. wrote:
Dragon wrote:Meh. Being stung to death is still better than dealing with American Women.

Now that's just stupid. :D At least you can avoid western women with minimal pain. Wasps just f**k you up! They don't give a shit. They're like, mini honey badgers.

There's one type of wasp that looks similar to the ones int he news story, but only the females sting when handled roughly;the males don't, they only bite.

A lot of different bees will leave you alone as long as you don't bother them or get in their way. I remember being face-to-face with a couple yellow jackets, and my nephew/niece are sometimes the objects of bumblebee affection.

And then there's the wasps with syringe-like stingers that get in your car. Let them mutha-f**kas through! :lol:

Cicada Killers. Scary sombitches. I hate how the dive around at people just for fun knowing they have no interest in stinging. Their sting could send you to the Hospital if you are allergic enough. I'm allergic to most wasps and fireants. If I see one of those, I go back in the house. The lawn would just have to cut itself that week.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:08 am

kai1275 wrote:
If I see one of those, I go back in the house. The lawn would just have to cut itself that week.

:lol:
(that sounds like stuff I say)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

So sad to hear such attack!

Postby jen.wg » Wed May 14, 2014 7:50 am

I hope that there will no more deaths from wasps attacks. Some attack of wasps are not that horrible, and people must be knowledgeable about wasp repellent/prevention (preferably the Natural Wasps Control). Prevention is still better than cure.

:wink:
jen.wg
Freshman Poster

Postby C.J. » Wed May 14, 2014 1:57 pm

kai1275 wrote:Cicada Killers. Scary sombitches. I hate how the dive around at people just for fun knowing they have no interest in stinging. Their sting could send you to the Hospital if you are allergic enough. I'm allergic to most wasps and fireants. If I see one of those, I go back in the house. The lawn would just have to cut itself that week.

Sheeeet! I'd be moving to an apartment, f**k that! The complex manager would lose a lot of money if maintenance didn't cull the insect population. :)

I'm trying to improve my reaction to stinging insects in general, as many of them won't hurt you even if you brush up against them. In most cases, it's just that people over-react and the insects feel threatened, so they attack you. Barring the whole hive thing, that's a different story. You should probably scream, run away and call for help if you see more than 3 insects. :P

Usually the insects that are supernaturally aggressive and deadly are clearly man-made, as they have no resource-management behavior towards mammal prey.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand