Taiwan, Japan, or elsewhere??? Experts Sound Off

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Taiwan, Japan, or elsewhere??? Experts Sound Off

Post by travelsouth »

Okay guys I am looking hard at Asia to hunt. I don't like the long flights, and I think the airfare rates are a total rip-off (but I am looking anyways). I've done a bit of traveling, and I'd also consider places in Europe and Latin America as back-ups.

Look the thing is I am not going to relocate overseas. I've got a job and income coming in and I'm not messing with that. I can only travel a few times a year for vacation, so I'm focusing on countries where women can often travel to the USA to visit as well. The big challenge for the vast majority of employed men in the USA is getting the time to go overseas and hunt. The killer is when our government won't allow these women the opportunity to visit. Even for guys with unlimited time to travel it sucks that they have to bring their wives over on the fiancé visa with her never seeing the country before. But that's reality and I don't see the point in pulling my hair out over it.

What I'd appreciate is any info and advice on this. I'm a young guy and I am fine with educated women that don't want a bunch of kids. I don't even mind career oriented women. I'm not on a rescue mission here as I'd much rather a middle class woman to a poor one.

Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated as I put together a game plan.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Taiwan, Japan, or elsewhere??? Experts Sound Off

Post by zboy1 »

travelsouth wrote:Okay guys I am looking hard at Asia to hunt. I don't like the long flights, and I think the airfare rates are a total rip-off (but I am looking anyways). I've done a bit of traveling, and I'd also consider places in Europe and Latin America as back-ups.

Look the thing is I am not going to relocate overseas. I've got a job and income coming in and I'm not messing with that. I can only travel a few times a year for vacation, so I'm focusing on countries where women can often travel to the USA to visit as well. The big challenge for the vast majority of employed men in the USA is getting the time to go overseas and hunt. The killer is when our government won't allow these women the opportunity to visit. Even for guys with unlimited time to travel it sucks that they have to bring their wives over on the fiancé visa with her never seeing the country before. But that's reality and I don't see the point in pulling my hair out over it.

What I'd appreciate is any info and advice on this. I'm a young guy and I am fine with educated women that don't want a bunch of kids. I don't even mind career oriented women. I'm not on a rescue mission here as I'd much rather a middle class woman to a poor one.

If what you wrote is genuine, I think the better bet for you would be going to Latin America and Europe instead. Not only are they closer to the U.S. but it's easier to deal with the Visas issues in those countries than in Asia, honestly.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

travelsouth wrote:Okay guys I am looking hard at Asia to hunt. I don't like the long flights, and I think the airfare rates are a total rip-off (but I am looking anyways). I've done a bit of traveling, and I'd also consider places in Europe and Latin America as back-ups.

We seem to have very similar lifestyles and yeah Zboy makes a good point, but even that isn't much easier honestly. USA immigration laws suck, I know this first hand because I went through the K-1 Visa process myself. If you mentioned some Asian countries, perhaps you have a stronger preference towards them? Are you average looking? Whats a 1-10 scale and please be honest. It's not like we are American females ready to shame you, but people here are blunt and very honest, even when they are wrong. lol

Good for you that you are avoiding super poor women too. Often times we sell ourselves short living here in the US, but any young successful male that looks even slightly less than average can do very well abroad. 8-10s that are not f***ing insane are very very possible to get.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

I'm not messing around guys. I'm about to turn 30. I've done parts of Latin America. I'm white, 6'1 195lbs, and I don't really see the point in bragging about looks. Looks, confidence, and willingness to jump in the deep end of the pool (traveling someplace new) are non issues. Mexico is a back-up for me but women of means in Mexico don't exactly grow on trees outside select areas. I know at one time Argentina was a good place to go for women that could travel but they seem to have their noses pretty high in the air and that's not exactly a short flight either.

I figured with Taiwan or Japan the women would be able to obtain a b type visa for travel to the USA.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

How about Singapore. Before I met my now wife, I had a brief online interlude with a young career gal who had just graduated and gotten a job at IBM. She was from a well off Chinese family and she was hell bent on finding a nice white boy. Great gal and if it hadn't been for meeting my current wife online who knows maybe we would have tied the knot. She was a close second.

She came over to visit me on her dime which was nice.

Hell of a long flight tho but it would be a possibility.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

pete98146 wrote:How about Singapore. Before I met my now wife, I had a brief online interlude with a young career gal who had just graduated and gotten a job at IBM. She was from a well off Chinese family and she was hell bent on finding a nice white boy. Great gal and if it hadn't been for meeting my current wife online who knows maybe we would have tied the knot. She was a close second.

She came over to visit me on her dime which was nice.

Hell of a long flight tho but it would be a possibility.
Yes your example is perfect. It just sucks if you take the time off from work and fly across the world to meet just one person. Ideally I'd like to find 3 or 4 girls like that in the same city. I'm not really that picky on looks in the sense that I don't have a particular fetish (like blonde hair, tall, short, huge tits, etc). What might be a 7 to you is a 9 to me or vice versa. I'm not looking for the model type anyways. If your goal is to be a model in Hollywood you'd be a shitty partner.

That's why I didn't ask about Thailand. It would be weird basically buying a girl (yea I know that's culturally insensitive but I'm just saying from my perspective) from her family and the chances of finding girls with that visa seems pretty low.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

travelsouth wrote: Look the thing is I am not going to relocate overseas. I've got a job and income coming in and I'm not messing with that. I can only travel a few times a year for vacation, so I'm focusing on countries where women can often travel to the USA to visit as well. The big challenge for the vast majority of employed men in the USA is getting the time to go overseas and hunt. The killer is when our government won't allow these women the opportunity to visit. Even for guys with unlimited time to travel it sucks that they have to bring their wives over on the fiancé visa with her never seeing the country before. But that's reality and I don't see the point in pulling my hair out over it.

Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea are all part of the US Visa Waiver Program (VWP):
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/witho ... _1990.html

Commenting on getting time off to go travel, remember that you're not always limited to the paid days off (vacation time) from your employer. Many employers are flexible with unpaid time off, subject to negotiations with your boss and HR policy.

If you've never been to Asia, I'd suggest that on your first trip, you should relax and just be a tourist. Take a deep breath, go explore the country and visit few different cities. Do not impose any expectations on yourself. Don't be the guy who signed up with some internet dating site and spend all his time abroad trying to meet some chick that he meet online, never leaving the vicinity of his hotel until it's time to fly home.

On later trip(s), when you do meet up with girls, you want to be the guy who takes her to some hidden/unknown restaurant or eatery that she doesn't know about (or never been to), and not the foreigner who only follows the girl around like a duck. The internet is a great resource to find all kinds of interesting places to visit and eat in a city. Just as many people who live in California rarely visit the beach, the same applies elsewhere.

Also, buy some language learning materials and give yourself plenty of time to learn. Don't pressure yourself with language crash courses, just learn a few words a day at your leisure.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

momopi wrote:
travelsouth wrote: Look the thing is I am not going to relocate overseas. I've got a job and income coming in and I'm not messing with that. I can only travel a few times a year for vacation, so I'm focusing on countries where women can often travel to the USA to visit as well. The big challenge for the vast majority of employed men in the USA is getting the time to go overseas and hunt. The killer is when our government won't allow these women the opportunity to visit. Even for guys with unlimited time to travel it sucks that they have to bring their wives over on the fiancé visa with her never seeing the country before. But that's reality and I don't see the point in pulling my hair out over it.

Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea are all part of the US Visa Waiver Program (VWP):
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/witho ... _1990.html

Commenting on getting time off to go travel, remember that you're not always limited to the paid days off (vacation time) from your employer. Many employers are flexible with unpaid time off, subject to negotiations with your boss and HR policy.

If you've never been to Asia, I'd suggest that on your first trip, you should relax and just be a tourist. Take a deep breath, go explore the country and visit few different cities. Do not impose any expectations on yourself. Don't be the guy who signed up with some internet dating site and spend all his time abroad trying to meet some chick that he meet online, never leaving the vicinity of his hotel until it's time to fly home.

On later trip(s), when you do meet up with girls, you want to be the guy who takes her to some hidden/unknown restaurant or eatery that she doesn't know about (or never been to), and not the foreigner who only follows the girl around like a duck. The internet is a great resource to find all kinds of interesting places to visit and eat in a city. Just as many people who live in California rarely visit the beach, the same applies elsewhere.

Also, buy some language learning materials and give yourself plenty of time to learn. Don't pressure yourself with language crash courses, just learn a few words a day at your leisure.
All good stuff. I am familiar with the visa waiver program and have read about it. It has been awhile since I've traveled to Asia, and I was a minor at the time. After college I started trips to Latin America. I suppose that makes sense because when you are done with college the decent looking young women aren't around as much. I don't want to rush things, but I want to take advantage of my time. If I spend $1200 to $1600 on a ticket and cram into an airplane for a flight across the Pacific I'd like to meet some girls on the other end.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Travelsouth, you are going to get a lot of different theories on what works and what doesn't work on Happier Abroad. I'm going to share with you the way I went about meeting ladies. I like you, have finite time and money to travel abroad so the international dating sites became my gateway to happiness.

At first I joined a few sites and I didn't have a clue of what I wanted out of the experience. I have a few friends here in Seattle that are married to very lovely Filipinas so I was positively biased towards them. But you'd be able to use my techniques with ladies from any nation.

Back to my story, I joined Cherry Blossoms and I was randomly chatting with any women that were in the main chat room. This proved to be very hit or miss and in the long run it was a huge waste of time. I had a eureka moment when started using the advanced search engine focusing on ONLY women who had a 4 year degree (or were close to graduating). Sure my list of available women dropped by 4/5th but I knew I had stumbled upon the (hopefully) best of the best in that I too wanted a girl with a head on her shoulders that came from an above average family. You can find these women in ANY country btw.

Based upon my list of newly edited finds, I ranked them #1 to #25. I then started to contact them and simply ask if they'd like to chat with me online a bit. I didn't have to go too deep on my list because my current wife was my #1 on the list. Fate eh? Moral of the story is that I chatted with her almost every day for 6 months before I flew to Cebu to meet her. This required a lot of patience and dedication on both of our parts. I admit I got lucky. But I also did a ton of due diligence and as they say, "the devil is in the details." All it takes is one girl to make your life happy. If I can make it work, so can you.

So I personally find scouting them online in advance preferable because you can PIN POINT what you are looking for. I think if I had gone the other route and just "shown up" in a given country without scouting in advance my chances of succeeding would have been greatly diminished.

But do mind that each of our experiences can vary drastically. There is more than one way to peel a banana. Just wanted to share with you what worked out well for me. My wife and I are going on our 8th year together and it's been wonderful! I wish you the same :)
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

what about hong kong guys?

If I drive to a larger airport I can get a direct flight to Japan (pretty sure it was a 13 hour flight). That direct flight is more money and I have to get in the car for a few hours to drive but I would consider it.

With Japan they have the visa waiver thing going for them obviously. Are the women in Hong Kong mostly going to be able to travel to the USA??
deasil875
Freshman Poster

Post by deasil875 »

pete98146 wrote:Travelsouth, you are going to get a lot of different theories on what works and what doesn't work on Happier Abroad. I'm going to share with you the way I went about meeting ladies. I like you, have finite time and money to travel abroad so the international dating sites became my gateway to happiness.

At first I joined a few sites and I didn't have a clue of what I wanted out of the experience. I have a few friends here in Seattle that are married to very lovely Filipinas so I was positively biased towards them. But you'd be able to use my techniques with ladies from any nation.

Back to my story, I joined Cherry Blossoms and I was randomly chatting with any women that were in the main chat room. This proved to be very hit or miss and in the long run it was a huge waste of time. I had a eureka moment when started using the advanced search engine focusing on ONLY women who had a 4 year degree (or were close to graduating). Sure my list of available women dropped by 4/5th but I knew I had stumbled upon the (hopefully) best of the best in that I too wanted a girl with a head on her shoulders that came from an above average family. You can find these women in ANY country btw.

Based upon my list of newly edited finds, I ranked them #1 to #25. I then started to contact them and simply ask if they'd like to chat with me online a bit. I didn't have to go too deep on my list because my current wife was my #1 on the list. Fate eh? Moral of the story is that I chatted with her almost every day for 6 months before I flew to Cebu to meet her. This required a lot of patience and dedication on both of our parts. I admit I got lucky. But I also did a ton of due diligence and as they say, "the devil is in the details." All it takes is one girl to make your life happy. If I can make it work, so can you.

So I personally find scouting them online in advance preferable because you can PIN POINT what you are looking for. I think if I had gone the other route and just "shown up" in a given country without scouting in advance my chances of succeeding would have been greatly diminished.

But do mind that each of our experiences can vary drastically. There is more than one way to peel a banana. Just wanted to share with you what worked out well for me. My wife and I are going on our 8th year together and it's been wonderful! I wish you the same :)
Wisdom right here gents. I followed Petes protocol to a T on Cherry Blossoms and I have some quality women I'll be meeting come vacation days off. I'm finding Blossoms is head and shoulders above DIA.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Just speaking for me here... that visa to visit the United States is a big deal to me. I don't rush into things. I know some guys take two trips overseas to visit a woman and then file for that fiancé visa. I mean no disrespect to whatever works for people, but for me I have no interest in doing something like that. If she doesn't know at least a little English and if she can't travel to the United States you can pretty much cross her off my list. Sure I know that limits the places I can go and the women I can date. But I prefer middle class or the young professional type anyways.

I'd hate to go to Moscow or Bangkok without having 5 or 6 women ready to meet up that met my personal specifications. That's just me.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

If you go to USA, go to Los Angeles, California (Little Tokyo or Chinatown) or better yet, Hawaii. You'll find lots of Japanese and Chinese, and Filipina women there. And most speak English fairly well.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

travelsouth wrote:what about hong kong guys?
If I drive to a larger airport I can get a direct flight to Japan (pretty sure it was a 13 hour flight). That direct flight is more money and I have to get in the car for a few hours to drive but I would consider it.
With Japan they have the visa waiver thing going for them obviously. Are the women in Hong Kong mostly going to be able to travel to the USA??
Residents from HK SAR are required to obtain a VISA to visit the US.

Between HK and Japan, I'd choose Japan for a vacation. I was in Japan about 8 years ago and was just in HK earlier this year. But if you have to visit HK, check openrice.com for places to eat. When you can't handle the smog and weather, take a cable car ride to Lantou Island.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Yea I wonder what the likelihood of middle class women getting one is. This is my rundown of potentials...

Tokyo (Narita), Japan
Seoul, South Korea
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Bratislava, Slovakia
Prague, Czech Republic

Possibly also head back to Mexico City, MX
Possibly Hong Kong
Personals, Social Networking, Newspaper, and any other great options I am open to. I know how to party with the chicas and have a good time so if I go back to Latin America I need the right game plan in place to find the right type of women. Japan seems like a very legit option with the direct flight and visa waiver status.