Baguio in Philippines - Amazing climate

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Baguio in Philippines - Amazing climate

Post by Billy »

One problem with Philis is the hot climate. But Baguio seems to be very good on that matter. Do any of you guys have intel about that city? and what´s your opinion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baguio

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Re: Baguio in Philis - Amazing climate

Post by Rocky Top »

Billy wrote:One problem with Philis is the hot climate. But Baguio seems to be very good on that matter. Do any of you guys have intel about that city? and what´s your opinion?

One of the most recent threads started about "cool" places to go in The Phil's...

viewtopic.php?t=20683
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

yeah thanks, didn´t thought about it but maybe this one needs it´s own post but i did post also on the other one
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Billy wrote:yeah thanks, didn´t thought about it but maybe this one needs it´s own post but i did post also on the other one
It rains a lot there much of the year, is smallish, and boring. I didn't like it at all.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

rock, i see, i might check the rain stats.

how do you deal with the heat and humidity? did you get used to it somehow?

checked the live weather, it´s rainy the whole week. that doesn´t sound terribly good.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

General impressions: It strikes me a more prosperous than most of the Philippines. Decent, small, active downtown area. Didn't see any girlie bar type nightlife, but wasn't looking, so it may be there. The town has a different feel and layout due to being on the side of a mountain, you are always going uphill or downhill.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Baguio in Philippines - Amazing climate

Post by Winston »

@Billy
Yes Baguio is a nice getaway. It has cool climate, fresher air with less pollution, is relaxed and not too crowded, has some forests to hike in, has mountains to see, and nice strawberry fields to get strawberries at. Also the food quality in restaurants there is higher than usual. The cooks there take pride in their cooking and care about flavors and quality of their food. However, there are some major drawbacks.

1. The girls there aren't interested in dating foreigners and are kind of reserved and not that approachable or sociable. They act like they don't need us.
2. Hotels there are kind of pricey. Hard to find cheaper options.
3. The city is 4 hours from the nearest airport, so it's a pain to drive down the mountain all the way to the airport for a flight, or to pick up someone at the airport.

Btw, if you take the bus from Baguio another 8 hours north to Sagada, it is nice there as well. Lots of rice terraces, mountains, scenic vistas, and caves to explore.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by Zambales »

Devil Dog wrote:
October 29th, 2013, 4:27 pm
General impressions: It strikes me a more prosperous than most of the Philippines. Decent, small, active downtown area. Didn't see any girlie bar type nightlife, but wasn't looking, so it may be there.
Only a few places in the Philippines has girlie bars. Angeles, Subic/Olongapo, Manila, Cebu and a to a small degree, Sabang in Puerto Galera which begs the question, what was Winston doing in Baguio? :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I was with Dianne and some friends on a getaway. And one time I took my parents too. Why do you ask? Don't you know that I like nature too? Didn't you see the photos and videos of my Southwest USA tours?

http://www.happierabroad.com/Southwest_Photos.htm

Also even in Angeles City, I don't go to bars that much. Just once in a while. There's other things there to do too you know.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Winston wrote:
July 18th, 2018, 4:34 pm
I was with Dianne and some friends on a getaway. And one time I took my parents too. Why do you ask? Don't you know that I like nature too? Didn't you see the photos and videos of my Southwest USA tours?

http://www.happierabroad.com/Southwest_Photos.htm

Also even in Angeles City, I don't go to bars that much. Just once in a while. There's other things there to do too you know.
I was joking! You don't come across as a monger I must admit. Where else in the Phils have you visited? Have you been to Palawan yet?
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Billy wrote:
October 29th, 2013, 8:57 am
One problem with Philis is the hot climate. But Baguio seems to be very good on that matter. Do any of you guys have intel about that city? and what´s your opinion?

Baguio is a nice city of itself, MINUS the crazy traffic over there.

I went to Baguio back in January when I visited Grace and her family.

The temperature over there is much cooler than the other parts of the Philippines. There were so many pine trees in the Baguio area. Reminded me of certain parts of Korea. Funny because for me, I enjoyed the cooler temperature in Baguio. But for Grace and her sister, they were complaining that it was too "cold" for them. I think it was 55F that morning. Very mild cool weather. Similar to Northern California cool climate.
anabolic
Freshman Poster

Post by anabolic »

Winston wrote:
July 18th, 2018, 10:08 am
1. The girls there aren't interested in dating foreigners and are kind of reserved and not that approachable or sociable. They act like they don't need us.
that concerns me, are you just talking in person, I assume online dating is still an option ? is most of the phils like this , besides the major areas like manila,cebu,subic, etc
ComingSoon
Freshman Poster

Post by ComingSoon »

Anyone else have any experience about the girls in Baguio? Are they interested in foreigners? I would think there are less foreigners living there than other cities like Cebu or Manila.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

ComingSoon wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 6:10 pm
Anyone else have any experience about the girls in Baguio? Are they interested in foreigners? I would think there are less foreigners living there than other cities like Cebu or Manila.
Baguio has some of the most beautiful girls in the Philippines, in fact the entire region it's located in is known for being the home base of the Igorot people. And Igorot girls, within the Philippines, have the reputation of being the most beautiful girls among all the tribes. Likewise the Igorot men are also considered more handsome than men from other tribes.

Are they receptive to foreigners? To some degree, yes. I know one very pretty girl from Baguio who had a thing for foreigners of the darker persuasion. She said there were quite a lot of foreign-born students on her local Baguio university and there was one particular Indian guy she found particularly handsome. When it comes to foreigners, a lot of these girls (the pretty ones) are somewhat picky... they expect him to be good looking. At least reasonably so. Any girl in Baguio worth her salt won't be picked up by your average garden-variety monger, you have to really bring something to the table in my experience.

You can definitely get lucky in the City of Pines, but not just anybody could pull it off. You can run into some girl in Burnham Park or elsewhere but many of them are in little groups already. Just be charming, be good looking. Try the night life a bit. You may run into someone cool. It's definitely a nice city in my opinion and I have beautiful memories there. It has a vibe of it's own.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

When it comes to nice buildings and pleasant urban surroundings, Baguio seems to be the city with the most consistency. There are some slightly ugly corners here and there, but mostly it's pleasant. Basically it's the best looking city in the Philippines, with the added bonus of being hilly and not too hot. It's a shame that it's so far from a beach, and that there's no colonial architecture.