Negative first impressions of Shenzhen China...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Shaolin Temple is in Henan province, which belongs to central China (AKA Central Plains or 中原). A lot of people get Henan and Hunan province (which is in the South of China) easily confused, because the only difference between the two is 1 letter.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Re: Negative first impressions of Shenzhen China...

Post by DCX_10 »

Shenzhen is a great city. No doubt there are some unfriendly people, but it is true everywhere. I, for one, love the city.

I have no doubt that you will get girlfriends, but you have to learn the local routine. I am sure that you will. You just need time to settle in.

Enjoy Shenzhen.
zboy1 wrote:Boy. Do Shenzhen people remind me of rude/unhappy Hong Konger's and New Yorker's to a tee!

First of all, I'm in Shenzhen airport--and all around me, I see unhappy, stressed and rude Chinese people with perma-scowls on their faces surrounding me. Okay. I figure this is just how it is on most airports. I give it a pass...But I never saw that in other parts of China or in other airports I've been to--including Shanghai and Hangzhou.

I meet a Chinese guy to pick me up and we end-up discussing things about Shenzhen: the people and their attitudes here, the women, the climate, the city, etc. Well, turns out he doesn't like it here either and says the people here are unfriendly and rude. We also discuss the women here--and we both agree--from having walked around the city a little bit, that the women are ugly and not very attractive--especially in comparison to China's smaller cities and interior parts of the country.

While on the subway, I see Chinese females with angry, unfriendly faces on them; they have that 'don't even look at me' kind of vibe to them. I know, because I'm a native New Yorker--and see it all the time back home.

The Chinese guy says the people here are as bad as "Hong Kong." Although I never been to Hong Kong, I've talked with people born or who have traveled there frequently, and they always say that Hong Kong people are rude and unfriendly, and that the females there are materialistic and snooty. Also, HK females aren't much to look at--from what I gather about them on the Web and from personal anecdotes from overseas Chinese.

We walk around the town and enjoy some dinner, and the people are always in such a rush--never acknowledging whoever is in front of them. I try to smile at some of the Chinese girls here--and they give me a blank 'f**k-off' attitude to me. Wow! The Chinese females I have met before in other cities were never like that! They usually like when I look at them or give them a smile.

Anyway, the men also look harried and unhappy: case-in-point, a Businessman in the train was crying his eyes out, and looked very depressed. Another Chinese man I saw was cursing at people around him--I think he was either depressed or just pissed off about something....

When I entered a convenience store to shop, I noticed the people inside giving me the 'evil eye' and looking at me with distrust. Wow. Again, never had that happen to me in China before...

Also, the people here seem to be incredibly materialistic and selfish; all around me, I saw Chinese females with shopping bags full of expensive clothes and loads and loads of banners for all kinds of expensive goods and clothing.

I saw a Chinese female here with a White guy on her arms, give Chinese men looking at them with an evil 'I've got a White guy, so I'm superior to you...and I hate Chinese/Asian men' look that I haven't seen since I was back in America. The bitch reminded of Asian American skanks that I loathed back home...

All in all, Shenzhen is a big, dirty city with lots of people, lots of cars, and lot's of miserable people, LOL. The city reminds of New Jerk City and Hong Kong, sigh...Oh well, I guess I'll have to try to enjoy myself here, while I'm here. Maybe I will change my mind about the place, but so far...it's not looking good.