My friend's new Private Eye service in the Philippines!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

My friend's new Private Eye service in the Philippines!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
A friend of mine who is moving to the Philippines just started a Private Investigation service there. He has worked in a law firm before so he knows how to operate this kind of business and establish the right connections.

His service is called "Love Private Eye". It will offer to investigate the background and life of any girl or woman in the Philippines that you are trying to get serious with to see if she's lying to you or is leading a double life. For example, it can check to see if she's married, still works in the bar, or is underaged. Here is his website. It includes a video intro, description and FAQ page.

http://www.loveprivateeye.com

His motto is "Don't just wonder! Get answers!" He will also be advertising on this site and forum with banners so you will see them soon. Anyway, check out his site and see if it can help you with your affairs in the Philippines.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

These types of services seem to be getting more and more popular everywhere. Sign of the times I suppose...
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My friend's new Private Eye service in the Philippines!

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
A friend of mine who is moving to the Philippines just started a Private Investigation service there. He has worked in a law firm before so he knows how to operate this kind of business and establish the right connections.

His service is called "Love Private Eye". It will offer to investigate the background and life of any girl or woman in the Philippines that you are trying to get serious with to see if she's lying to you or is leading a double life. For example, it can check to see if she's married, still works in the bar, or is underaged. Here is his website. It includes a video intro, description and FAQ page.

http://www.loveprivateeye.com

His motto is "Don't just wonder! Get answers!" He will also be advertising on this site and forum with banners so you will see them soon. Anyway, check out his site and see if it can help you with your affairs in the Philippines.

Thanks,
Winston
Similar services have been popular in Thailand for over a decade now. In fact, there is a compelling book, "Thai Private Eye" written about a western guy who started and worked for such a firm in Bangkok for several years. They usually hire several local agents to conduct surveillance or find missing people and for certain cases, involve expat agents as well. Most of the more straightforward and typical cases run around 5,000-10,000 Baht plus expenses. Probably most common case is to check-up on a local girlfriend or wife of an expat when he is away on extended leave. Quite frequently the results of the investigation fall into the category of 'the truth hurts'.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I looked at his website. IMO, his packages are overpriced!

a. Marriage or age check: $429.

b. Bar-work check: $429.

Seems like a straightforward records check (a) or visit to a bar (b), not much real private eye work. Perhaps a tiny bribe and/or low level connection might be needed.

But from what I've read, the firms in Thailand offer a lot more for less! They are real private investigation firms. The only thing they usually won't do is get involved on the wrong side of gangsters or powerful people. They usually reject dangerous case.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Rock wrote:I looked at his website. IMO, his packages are overpriced!

a. Marriage or age check: $429.

b. Bar-work check: $429.

Seems like a straightforward records check (a) or visit to a bar (b), not much real private eye work. Perhaps a tiny bribe and/or low level connection might be needed.

But from what I've read, the firms in Thailand offer a lot more for less! They are real private investigation firms. The only thing they usually won't do is get involved on the wrong side of gangsters or powerful people. They usually reject dangerous case.

How about general slut-check for $429.

Send super handsome young westerner to try to pick her up if it doesn't work he offers her $200 for sex. CASH.
How many Filipinas would pass the test?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I might have some referrals for your friend. I personally know 2 expats whose Filipinas have Filipino boyfriends and they have no idea what's going on, one of them is my neighbor.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Taco wrote:I personally know 2 expats whose Filipinas have Filipino boyfriends and they have no idea what's going on, one of them is my neighbor.
I got suckered like that once. I spent some time dating a Filipina, who turned out to have another American BF on the side and she ended up marrying him. I was just her contingency plan.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

I think whether the fees charged by these type of firms are too high depends on how extensive their work is. I can see where hiring several locals as staff and various expenses like occasional bribes would start adding up. And really, 4 or 5 hundred bucks isn't such a lot in relation to the many thousands you will spend on her later. In fact, when you look at it that way it could be a huge bargain. Particularly since we are talking about the Philippines, marrying someone there almost always involves the extended family concept which can cost you either a ton of money or an equal amount of grief. Not sure if this guy covers this angle, but I would like to know just as much about her family as about her.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Can this detective figure out how many guys they've slept with?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Taco wrote:I might have some referrals for your friend. I personally know 2 expats whose Filipinas have Filipino boyfriends and they have no idea what's going on, one of them is my neighbor.
So if u already know, wht's the point in handing money over? Make yr. own report to these expats and cut-out the middle man.

Come to think of it, I met a good looking young guy from Dubai with his gf of over 1.5 years who he talked about engaging and later on separate occasions heard thru the grapevine that she was with others. I even came across her once together with another 2 guys (bf was back in middle east).

Really little need to hire 3rd parties for these cases. If I wanted to test someone, I could easily do it on my own - approach her with fake profile on dating site, have my friends check-up on her, do records check, etc.

Understand, it's in the nature of many people (guys and gals both) to have a back-up plan(s). For bargirls, most are gonna cheat if u give em that opportunity. It's just the nature of the beast. But even regular girls know their time is precious and a lot of guys (local and foreign) just play em. If they wanna get married, start a family, get that security, etc., they r often gonna feel the need to engage in their own strategies.

Some girls here will love u pure and simple. If they can trust u, they maybe faithful and wait for u turning down all other suitors. It all depends on the dynamics of yr. relationship w her and what sort of person she is.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Taco wrote:I might have some referrals for your friend. I personally know 2 expats whose Filipinas have Filipino boyfriends and they have no idea what's going on, one of them is my neighbor.
Ok if you want, you can PM me the referrals, and I'll pass it on to him.

Rock, yeah I don't know why the prices are so high. Maybe the government bureaucrats or detectives he's partnered with overcharged him and want a lot? I don't know. But I hope he tries to renegotiate the prices with them.

Yeah checking to see if a girl works in a bar should be a simple thing. But I guess in a town like Angeles City where there are 40+ bars, it can be a lot of work going through all the records to find one person.

Maybe they will have someone follow her around all day too.

I wonder if there are other services in the Philippines like this.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hero wrote:Can this detective figure out how many guys they've slept with?
LOL no. If they could, they'd mention it on the site. Since they didn't, it means that kind of service isn't offered. I assume you are asking that question sarcastically though.

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Winston wrote:
Hero wrote:Can this detective figure out how many guys they've slept with?
LOL no. If they could, they'd mention it on the site. Since they didn't, it means that kind of service isn't offered. I assume you are asking that question sarcastically though.
Yeah, just kidding. It's tough to get an answer to that question.
air_king
Freshman Poster

you get what u pay for

Post by air_king »

I think the prices on the site make sense. There are a lot of bribes involved in a business like that. everybody and his brother expects some money to provide information, and enough to keep it confidential.

i know of a few private investigation firms that are run by locals or who pay their agents too low. low enough that when they are actually checking on the subject, they will give the subject the option to pay them off in exchange for reporting back that they didnt find anything.

it's just like cops and politicians. if you pay them too low, they are going to work for whoever pays them. it's the reason Singapore pays it's president over USD3million.

if you are in a relationship with some girl and sending her money, it's worth it to get the truth so you dont end up paying more. or, heaven forbid she is already married or underage, and you end up in jail (believe me. it happens. Adultery is a crime in Phil)!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: you get what u pay for

Post by Rock »

air_king wrote:I think the prices on the site make sense. There are a lot of bribes involved in a business like that. everybody and his brother expects some money to provide information, and enough to keep it confidential.

i know of a few private investigation firms that are run by locals or who pay their agents too low. low enough that when they are actually checking on the subject, they will give the subject the option to pay them off in exchange for reporting back that they didnt find anything.

it's just like cops and politicians. if you pay them too low, they are going to work for whoever pays them. it's the reason Singapore pays it's president over USD3million.

if you are in a relationship with some girl and sending her money, it's worth it to get the truth so you dont end up paying more. or, heaven forbid she is already married or underage, and you end up in jail (believe me. it happens. Adultery is a crime in Phil)!
Paying more doesn't guarantee anything. It might be worthwhile to pay a premium to someone with an impressive decade long track record. But this business model is well developed in Thailand which pretty much has the same issues as Phillies as far as bribing is concerned. Prices for such services are cheaper and you get a lot more. They also offer tailor made services, not simple overpriced one-size-fits-all packages.

Whoever this guy is, we know nothing about him. But I'm assuming this is a brand new business for him (ie he's just starting out). He sounds like a western non-Tagalog speaking and non-Visayan speaking foreigner. What makes him qualified to charge crazy prices as a newbie? I would be a lot more comfortable with a FilAm or someone like Lad at least who speaks the languages and has been in country for like 2 decades.

So many expats come to Thai and Phils and think they can effectively manage the local people. Most cannot no matter how much they pay them. In fact, many of these guys are former scam victims themselves in the very country they are claiming expertise on. Guys don't throw your money at the first white face you see in Asia who claims to be some sort of expert on the locals. So many are either incompetent as far as SE Asia is concerned or even dishonest and corrupt themselves.

Winston, can you share more on the background of this guy? So far, I've got a pretty bad feeling given what I've seen on his website. I think it's way too pricey and services too simple. He's using a lot of fear mongering tactics too which I find a bit disingenuous. And what about cases where they fail to deliver (anyone who has been in this business knows a significant percentage of cases can not be executed or completed for a variety of reasons). Website has very little detail on the services provided and nothing about the backgrounds of the people doing the work.