Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


My friend's new Private Eye service in the Philippines!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Rock » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:29 pm

air_king wrote:Repartriate?

you are clearly the clown...what exactly has Rock exposed besides repeating ridiculous, baseless claims? which i have repeatedly said are false and called him out on.

even though Rock claims that i have not responded to his "allegations", i have many days ago, but just got tired of repeating myself. but, for the benefit of the people in the cheap seats, let me do it again!

rock seems to be questioning my language skills, my time in Phil, my skill set, my time in the business, my prices (pretty much anything he thinks he can talk shit about).

now, this is the point: Rock has known me personally for about 6mo, certainly less than a year, and we have met personally only about 2 or 3 brief times. how the hell can someone who has known me for less than a year, claim to have any knowledge of the level of my language skills, my time in the business, my time in Phil, etc. it is utterly ridiculous for him to claim that he has any knowledge of me beyond one year ago. and anyone who listens to him say that he knows that is the one getting conned!

Rock knows for a fact that i speak AND READ fluent mandarin Chinese. he knows that because he has seen me speak it in a Taiwan, a country where you generally need to speak Chinese. but, the only two times he has seen me in Phil, we were in a group of foreigners, and he only heard me speak English. now, based on that, who in their right mind would conclude that i DO NOT speak tagalog? if Rock says he speaks spanish, but i've only met him twice briefly in a group of english-speakers, how the hell can i make the claim that I KNOW he cant speak spanish. that is a ridiculous assertion to make. besides, do you really think that after learning to speak AND READ a difficult language like Chinese, that i would not be able to pick up tagalog, which is much closer to english? come on...dont be a retard.

as for my time in Phil, my experience in Phil stretches back to 1997, just shortly after the mount pinatubo eruption. Now, rock has known me less than a year. so, i dont know how the hell he can claim to know what i was doing before that and be able to say that i'm lying about 15 years experience in Phil. that is an outrageously baseless statement, no matter how many times u repeat it.

if Rock tells me that he has over 15yrs experience doing business in Mexico, but I've only known him less than a year, then how the hell would i be in a position to say he is lying? its ridiculous to say something like that when you have absolutely no knowledge. that is what Rock keeps repeating. he is wrong, i've said he is wrong, but he keeps repeating it anyways.

as for my business track record. I abolutely have been doing private investigations in Phil since 2003. you said that this is a NEW BUSINESS. that was incorrect. again, this is not something you could know and have no right to make assertions about. you have no idea how long my business has been operating, so to claim that i am lying is bullshit. as i said before, i dont remember you sitting in on any recent staff meetings. so, how the hell can you be telling people here that YOU KNOW the details of my business. the NEW part of my business is simply the website. it is the website that is new, which is why you are hearing about it here for the first time. We recently decided to streamline operations, standardize it, offer standardized rates, and allow people to order online. that is the only thing that is new! so, again, stop accusing me of things that you have no knowledge of.

as for my location. I have businesses in both Phil and Taiwan, and even some in China. And I move between them. there are these new inventions called airplanes, you should look into them. also, there is this new technology. There is also this invention called the internet, you moron, that allows people to work on projects with a team and keep everyone on the loop even when they are not there. I'm sure you know that Winston is currently in the US. did you think that his business stops because he is in a different time zone. so, saying that I am not in Phil 365 days a year as proof that my business is bullshit is ridiculous and shows that you either are a moron when it comes to multitasking or, as i suspected before, just trying to find things to smear.

the fact is that I have business in Phil and Taiwan, and i have a son in Taiwan that i have responsibilities for (do you see now? this is the kind of personal information that i told you many times i didnt want you to force me to give. as i said, replying to all our ridiculous allegations would require me to give personal details of myself. and in a field like private investigation, especially in Phil, you cant let people know too much about you).

now, as for my rates. again, you have NO IDEA about my cost structure. so, saying that i am over-charging is, again complete baseless speculation. just because you, as an amateur, think that you know how to do the same thing yourself for much cheaper, doesnt mean that that should therefore be the standard for all businesses and that anyone who charges a profit is "scamming" people. the fact is, my background is in law, which is how i moved into private investigations, because doing background checks and investigations of people is almost a daily thing in the legal field. And i can tell you that any half-decent firm with real associates and investigators will charge a minimum of about Peso10,000 per hour to do any investigation for you (and a minimum of 2 to 3hrs). so, me charging a flat rate, no matter how long it takes me to get the case finished, is well under what a reputable firm that has standardized protocols like we do. That's the difference between a business like mine, which has serious protocols in place and confidentiality concerns addressed, compared to a bunch of guys who are just good at following people, but have no idea the proper protocols for collecting, storing, organizing, and protecting information.

as i've told you before. you cant just hire some student to handle a case like this. not only will they screw it up, but they will most likely not be trustworthy, which is why i tried to explain to you that we need to spend considerable time vetting and training good agents. that costs money. so, the fact that you think you can do a one-off yourself, has no bearing on what a business with trained staff and overhead should charge.

that being said, in any business there are cheap prices with low end services, and higher priced firms with better resources. you can buy a hamburger in McDonalds or one in a high end restaurant. because the latter charges more, doesnt make it a scam. it just means that they offer different levels of service and different quality of service. so, stop trying to say that there is something wrong with my service just because we are on the high end. maybe you are a cheap bastard. then go to Mcdonalds and get your hamburger.

so, the fact is, most of the things that you claimed to have "discovered" are just based in bullshit on things that you it would be impossible for you to know anything about. you've known me for less than a year, and we have only met personally 2 or 3 times. based on that, claiming to know my business experience for the past 15yrs, claiming to know my language skills, claiming to know where i reside 365 days out of the year, is just complete bullshit and you should be ashamed of yourself for repeating over and over that you know things like this when there is no way you could possibly know any of it! as i said before, ridiculous baseless speculation is not the truth, no matter how many times you repeat it!

now, i want you to admit, that you have known me for less than one year, and met me personally only 2 or 3 times, and that claiming you KNOW my language skills, my skill set, you know where i've been for the past 15yrs, you know what business i've been doing for the past 10yrs...is complete and utterly unfounded bullshit smear!

have the balls to admit that......DICK!


Now we're finally getting somewhere! This is the first time you have addressed any of my points directly.

1. Nobody has asked you for purely personal information. So I don't know why you divulged that you have a child in Taiwan since you are so loath to share private information on this forum. I already knew that and know other things about you too, both from you and from others who know you. Taipei is a small pond and Angeles City is even smaller. But I keep things confidential as I should.

2. Instead, what I've been asking about are business related claims you yourself advertised on this site in the beginning. You may think they are insignificant. But if you are fast and loose about small issues, why would anyone trust you with something as sensitive and important as a private investigation case regarding their own personal affairs in the Philippines?

3. Consider the reader's POV. For example, your website says your PI biz has been operational since 2003. Yet in Winston's opening post, he says, "A friend of mine who is moving to the Philippines just started a Private Investigation service there. " and he titles the thread "My friend's new Private Eye service in the Philippines!". Wouldn't that inconsistency catch your attention and lead you to dig further if you were at all interested in evaluating the business? Seems pretty reasonable I would say.

4. So now that you've finally addressed my doubts and reservations, it sounds like:

a. You've been running a PI business complete with a team of investigators in the Philippines for 15 years, much or most of that time remotely from Taipei.

b. You speak fluent Tagalog. At least you can hold your own in a conversation lead by a native speaker about everyday casual stuff without reverting to English.

Is that pretty much it or do you wanna modify anything? Now be honest. I might just have you 'investigated' lol. Jokes aside, just tell the truth here. If you wanna effectively promote your business here, no exaggerations or lies, ok? It would be pretty easy to check you out on this stuff, especially the Tagalog.

5. I think the biggest issue with your promotion on the forum is the prices you are quoting for your signature service packages.

a. Age and civil status are simple and easy to verify reliably and quickly without the need to involve billable hours of highly paid professionals. How would you like it if your law firm in the States billed you $600 to mail a letter to you because one of the firm's partners did it himself and it took one hour of his time (u know how these guys always round up lol). I hope you would agree that it would be way beyond the bounds of reason.

b. However, the most salient point here is that potential clients really don't give a rat's ass about your internal costs or other particulars of your business. If you need to hire 50 people to perform a task which another firm could do just as well with say 5, that's your problem, not theirs.

All the client cares about is the service quality and cost. I'm afraid you still might not grasp this cus you keep talking about how I don't understand the internal workings of your firm as if that's relevant. It's not! If you charge $50 to change a lightbulb, is that justified by your high internal costs? How much extra assurance does one need on a government certified records check? And how do you go about offering this extra security? Do you have it signed and notarized by President Aquino or something lol?

Now these are business questions, not personal ones. So let me pre-empt you from pulling that excuse out of your hat again in case you refuse to answer.

6. As to your question about how long we've known each other, it has been well over a year now since we first met in mid-August 2012.

7. Finally and as an aside, you say, "my experience in Phil stretches back to 1997, just shortly after the mount pinatubo eruption." Kind of odd you phrase it that way (shortly after) given that Mt. Pinatubo last erupted in 1991.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4116
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm







Postby Rock » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Repatriate wrote:Thanks Rock for exposing this clown. Winston always seems to surround himself with and boost minor con men and hucksters. I feel the same way about the "Steve R" guy who is full of shit as well.


Actually, air_king is probably not quite what you imagined. He's soft spoken in person, not a big braggart type the way Steve R seems to be. And he's succeeded to some degree in carving out a professional and personal life overseas here in Asia.

I was disappointed to learn he was the one behind the PI website. But at least I thought that after we exposed some of the apparent flaws in his promotion technique, service packages, and pricing, he might take them on board and consider it as valuable feedback instead of reverting to defensive mode. Most of his client will most likely be sourced on the ground, not from this website. So this forum is a great sounding board for him to adjust things.

If he's already written me off, at least he should seriously consider the reservations voiced by a few others on this thread.

Oh and thanks for the post. It was the catalyst to finally get him to address the issues.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4116
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby air_king » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:29 am

Rock,

i knew that once i replied to your questions, you would just come back with more. It's becoming a full time job addressing all of your "speculations". and as for your last message where you seem to have claimed ONCE AGAIN to have "discovered" inconsistencies, once again, repeating that doesnt make it true.

most of the points you have mentioned about my business "strategy", marketing strategy, the strategy of plainly posting flat rates instead of holding back quotes like other websites do, or even my rates. these are all subjective things. and the fact that you personally may have chosen to run your business differently, does not in any way make my choices somehow suspect.

you say that i didnt need to give personal details, but that is exactly what you forced me to do. you kept saying that i was lying about things or hiding things. even though i said repeatedly that your claims were wrong and baseless and i tried to give general answers, you kept pounding, and the only way to actually address my location, address my business experience, why i need to be where, etc. is to give specifics about my personal life. if i had just said that i need to be between both Phil and Taiwan for "personal reasons", i know you would have come back right away and accused me of being a "weasel" again or "silence proving my guilt" or something else ridiculous like that. so, dont say that you didnt force me to give details. that's the only thing you were going to accept.

the fact is, as i've been saying, i've been trying to avoid giving too many personal details because, as you mentioned, AC is a fairly small pond. so, now that people know i am a foreigner, who speaks Chinese and Tagalog, who has business in Phil Taiwan and China, and who has a son in Taiwan, etc. how long do u think it will be before someone figures out who i am? do u even think about these things? this is what i've been trying to tell you and asking you to drop it. you already know me personally, you know that i'm a normal, friendly, decent guy. So, why get everyone in here thinking that i'm somehow pulling a con just because i dont want to answer too many questions on here...you know that Phil is a dangerous place sometimes, especially if you cross the wrong people like in a business like this. so, why do u keep pushing on me?

you know, i've know you for a year (as you say, i didnt remember the exact date, but ok, lets make it 14months). the whole time i've know you, i've never known you to have a job but yet you seem to travel around everywhere and have money. so, would it be fair of me, just because i dont know exactly where your money comes from to assume there is something bad going on? maybe you are selling drugs? maybe you are running a kiddie porn website? NO, of course not. just because i dont know some parts of your life or background, doesnt mean that qualifies me to make ridiculous damaging assertions about u, which is what you have been doing. because you dont know my full background, or how i conduct my business, or how my costs are calculated, doesnt mean you can fill in the blanks with shady things and "scams"

as for your "subjective" opinion of what my prices and costs should be. you seem to have some "back of an envelope calculations" and decided that my rates are unreasonable. but, again this is based on "your calculations", with no experience of whats involved, and no idea of what it costs to keep an organization staffed with qualified people. as i said, you can buy a hamburger at Mcdonalds or TGIF, because one has a different price than the other, doesnt make it a scam. it just means they have decided to use better quality people and ingredients. but the consumer is free to choose.

the point is, as i said, unless you have seen my financial statements, or have sit in on staff meetings, then there is no way that you can say that my costs are reasonable or not as compared to your "back of the envelope" calculations.

as for why i mentioned mount pinotubo as a reference point for me earliest experiences in Phil is because even though it was a few years after the eruption, there were STILL thousands of homeless people living beside the streets and the effects of the eruption were still everywhere, especially in AC. but, for some reason, again, you found something suspect in my answer just as a knee-jerk reaction. if you want to pick apart any minor gaps in everything i say, this will go on forever. and i will need to keep giving more details to satisfy the endless questions.....if you want to be suspicious of everything, its not hard to do....

so, when you said that i didnt have to give personal details when answering you, i ABSOLUTELY DID. because anything short of that you would consider to be "avoiding answering", or an opportunity for you to further call me a liar and say you have uncovered more things.

you havent uncovered shit. you have just continued to assert that your "subjective" opinion about how a private detective agency "should" be run, and how much the overhead should be, and how it should charge, and how it should market itself do not match with what we have chosen. if you have done any research on the internet, you would know that the firm you recommended charges about USD1000 for surveillance services, and we charge less than half that. but, with us, our fee is up front and clear. you pay it, and its done. if it goes over-budget, that's our risk. but with other firms, you normal get a bill after they are finished and it could be some arbitrary quote they have given you, or they could be additional expenses they hadnt foreseen...you just dont know....why dont you have a problem with that marketing and fee arrangement?

the point is, that we could go around like this for weeks more (we've already been at it for 10days). but, it has to end now. it is getting way too adversarial....and never needed to be....
air_king
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 am
Location: Taiwan

Postby air_king » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 am

To everyone,

the bottom line is this. Rock knows me personally, and so does Winston. Normally, when you know that a friend has a business, the normal reaction is, "Hey, man. Good luck with the business. Let me know if you need and help with anything. and I'll try to pass your website along". That's it! that's what most people would do if they know their friend has a business.

in fact, that is why Winston posted my website for www.loveprivateeye.com on the forum. he didnt have to do that. but, I'm a friend of his, he knows i'm a decent guy, and he wanted to pass along me website. simple enough. nothing more, and that's fine. then let people make up their own minds.

well, rock knows me, too. and he even just said in his last message that i'm a nice enough guy, soft-spoken, not one for bragging despite having some success in asia, etc. So, why didnt he just say "hey, man. good luck with the business. let me know if you need any help or suggestions. and, i'll try to pass along your website". that's it. leave it at that.

actually, i myself just got an email yesterday from a friend who said he has started a new golf-related website. he asked me try it out, and asked me to pass it along on Facebook, or wherever. Now, i've only hung out with this guy a few times, but he has always been an ok to me, a decent guy, always seemed to be an honest guy. so, sure, i'll check out his website, and pass it along. just let him do his thing and take his shot.

i could spend a week interrogating the guy, asking him to explain exactly what he knows about golf and what qualifies him to have a golf website, or i could ream him out about all the details on his site. but, why do that? he is a decent enough guy, he's always seemed nice and honest to me....so, let him do his thing. he's taking his shot. good for him!

but that is what Rock has done for the past week. rather than just wishing me well on my business, offering some kind words, and then maybe passing along the site, he has spend the past 10days picking apart every possible thing he could thing of about me, calling me a liar, a "weasel", saying he has "uncovered lies", etc. even recommending people go to another firm. all the while, he knows he knows me personally and knows that i'm a normal, honest, decent guy, and not the shady character that he keeps painting....

with friends like that, who needs enemies?

At any rate.....good luck to all of you....i hope all of you will check out the website (www.loveprivateeye.com) give it a fair shake. all the services are clearly shown, all flat rates are clearly shown upfront....not like other sites that only send you a bill after they are done. and people are free to ask questions at any time and we do our best to answer them. i've been doing business in the Philippines for years, and seen way too many foreigners get taken by Phil girls. I'm trying my best to use my experience, my contacts, and my team to level the playing field. If you could pass along the site, I would be grateful.

Thank you all, again :)

b
air_king
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 am
Location: Taiwan

Postby jboy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 pm

air_king wrote:Repartriate?

you are clearly the clown...what exactly has Rock exposed besides repeating ridiculous, baseless claims? which i have repeatedly said are false and called him out on.

even though Rock claims that i have not responded to his "allegations", i have many days ago, but just got tired of repeating myself. but, for the benefit of the people in the cheap seats, let me do it again!

rock seems to be questioning my language skills, my time in Phil, my skill set, my time in the business, my prices (pretty much anything he thinks he can talk shit about).

now, this is the point: Rock has known me personally for about 6mo, certainly less than a year, and we have met personally only about 2 or 3 brief times. how the hell can someone who has known me for less than a year, claim to have any knowledge of the level of my language skills, my time in the business, my time in Phil, etc. it is utterly ridiculous for him to claim that he has any knowledge of me beyond one year ago. and anyone who listens to him say that he knows that is the one getting conned!

Rock knows for a fact that i speak AND READ fluent mandarin Chinese. he knows that because he has seen me speak it in a Taiwan, a country where you generally need to speak Chinese. but, the only two times he has seen me in Phil, we were in a group of foreigners, and he only heard me speak English. now, based on that, who in their right mind would conclude that i DO NOT speak tagalog? if Rock says he speaks spanish, but i've only met him twice briefly in a group of english-speakers, how the hell can i make the claim that I KNOW he cant speak spanish. that is a ridiculous assertion to make. besides, do you really think that after learning to speak AND READ a difficult language like Chinese, that i would not be able to pick up tagalog, which is much closer to english? come on...dont be a retard.

as for my time in Phil, my experience in Phil stretches back to 1997, just shortly after the mount pinatubo eruption. Now, rock has known me less than a year. so, i dont know how the hell he can claim to know what i was doing before that and be able to say that i'm lying about 15 years experience in Phil. that is an outrageously baseless statement, no matter how many times u repeat it.

if Rock tells me that he has over 15yrs experience doing business in Mexico, but I've only known him less than a year, then how the hell would i be in a position to say he is lying? its ridiculous to say something like that when you have absolutely no knowledge. that is what Rock keeps repeating. he is wrong, i've said he is wrong, but he keeps repeating it anyways.

as for my business track record. I abolutely have been doing private investigations in Phil since 2003. you said that this is a NEW BUSINESS. that was incorrect. again, this is not something you could know and have no right to make assertions about. you have no idea how long my business has been operating, so to claim that i am lying is bullshit. as i said before, i dont remember you sitting in on any recent staff meetings. so, how the hell can you be telling people here that YOU KNOW the details of my business. the NEW part of my business is simply the website. it is the website that is new, which is why you are hearing about it here for the first time. We recently decided to streamline operations, standardize it, offer standardized rates, and allow people to order online. that is the only thing that is new! so, again, stop accusing me of things that you have no knowledge of.

as for my location. I have businesses in both Phil and Taiwan, and even some in China. And I move between them. there are these new inventions called airplanes, you should look into them. also, there is this new technology. There is also this invention called the internet, you moron, that allows people to work on projects with a team and keep everyone on the loop even when they are not there. I'm sure you know that Winston is currently in the US. did you think that his business stops because he is in a different time zone. so, saying that I am not in Phil 365 days a year as proof that my business is bullshit is ridiculous and shows that you either are a moron when it comes to multitasking or, as i suspected before, just trying to find things to smear.

the fact is that I have business in Phil and Taiwan, and i have a son in Taiwan that i have responsibilities for (do you see now? this is the kind of personal information that i told you many times i didnt want you to force me to give. as i said, replying to all our ridiculous allegations would require me to give personal details of myself. and in a field like private investigation, especially in Phil, you cant let people know too much about you).

now, as for my rates. again, you have NO IDEA about my cost structure. so, saying that i am over-charging is, again complete baseless speculation. just because you, as an amateur, think that you know how to do the same thing yourself for much cheaper, doesnt mean that that should therefore be the standard for all businesses and that anyone who charges a profit is "scamming" people. the fact is, my background is in law, which is how i moved into private investigations, because doing background checks and investigations of people is almost a daily thing in the legal field. And i can tell you that any half-decent firm with real associates and investigators will charge a minimum of about Peso10,000 per hour to do any investigation for you (and a minimum of 2 to 3hrs). so, me charging a flat rate, no matter how long it takes me to get the case finished, is well under what a reputable firm that has standardized protocols like we do. That's the difference between a business like mine, which has serious protocols in place and confidentiality concerns addressed, compared to a bunch of guys who are just good at following people, but have no idea the proper protocols for collecting, storing, organizing, and protecting information.

as i've told you before. you cant just hire some student to handle a case like this. not only will they screw it up, but they will most likely not be trustworthy, which is why i tried to explain to you that we need to spend considerable time vetting and training good agents. that costs money. so, the fact that you think you can do a one-off yourself, has no bearing on what a business with trained staff and overhead should charge.

that being said, in any business there are cheap prices with low end services, and higher priced firms with better resources. you can buy a hamburger in McDonalds or one in a high end restaurant. because the latter charges more, doesnt make it a scam. it just means that they offer different levels of service and different quality of service. so, stop trying to say that there is something wrong with my service just because we are on the high end. maybe you are a cheap bastard. then go to Mcdonalds and get your hamburger.

so, the fact is, most of the things that you claimed to have "discovered" are just based in bullshit on things that you it would be impossible for you to know anything about. you've known me for less than a year, and we have only met personally 2 or 3 times. based on that, claiming to know my business experience for the past 15yrs, claiming to know my language skills, claiming to know where i reside 365 days out of the year, is just complete bullshit and you should be ashamed of yourself for repeating over and over that you know things like this when there is no way you could possibly know any of it! as i said before, ridiculous baseless speculation is not the truth, no matter how many times you repeat it!

now, i want you to admit, that you have known me for less than one year, and met me personally only 2 or 3 times, and that claiming you KNOW my language skills, my skill set, you know where i've been for the past 15yrs, you know what business i've been doing for the past 10yrs...is complete and utterly unfounded bullshit smear!

have the balls to admit that......DICK!


blah blah blah, rock accuses someone AGAIN of being a fake.

Get over yourself man, he did the same to me, accused me of being an alter ego of a female poster and all that sh*t, it's Rock's thing I guess lol, kinda like odbo's thing is to bash niggers.

His accusations are over the top but its what rocks his boat. Better just ignore him or you'll suffer the same hell he rained on me. You've been warned.

What I am trying to say is, he probably does not mean to be a DICK, we are all crazy f***s in here with our own idiosyncrasies , so don't take it personally when the HA pack acts up.

here's a rundown of the old-timers and current active posters (I've been reading around here for years lol):

odbo- bashes niggers to no end
e. izzirary - loves ass and curves, will sometimes rant out of topic
rock - loves curves/fat, into debates and accusations (personal experience from indirect clashes, my opinion is of course affected by my bad experience dealing with him)
winston - believes what he wants and will defend it as THE TRUTH no matter what
publicduende- a bit on the feminist side, white knight syndrome but he's a balanced guy
momopi - stats and food guy, winston's private tech google
falcon - unusual bird of the bunch, pretty decent, never goes into debates or arguments, into provincial ladies
ladislav - gets all romantic about filipinas and views them under his own light
mr s- jaded about filipinas
taco- mr dollar and gold doom prediction
mguy - self proclaimed philippine fil am expert
cornfed - anti-female entity on HA, anything female is evil and must be abolished and squished
ghost - antifeminist, has a tendency to label female related arguments as being feminist, on other areas he is cool
teal lantern - cornfed jr
jamesbond - does not post nor moderate much (he is a moderator), he is into women talk, especially those with jugs lol, hates feminists as well
zboy1 - not to be confused with me, he is a moderator here and is a very fair one imho but can be too lax, especially since this forum does not really fall under real moderation lol
me- into reading and keeping abreast of what the HA pack's lives are like, I'm an info nerd and yeah, I'm into a bit of the whiteknighting when the situation calls for a balanced male's outlook

So if these guys go on about certain things, they are simply being true to their forum persona, don't take it personally :) Good luck with your business and if you're around metro cebu this weekend, we can meetup. I'm flying back to Taiwan Sunday night.
jboy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 am

Postby zboy1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Hahahaha...good rundown of the HA crew, jboy! I agree with all that you wrote about everyone (snicker...we're a quirky bunch aren't we?)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby jboy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:59 pm

zboy1 wrote:Hahahaha...good rundown of the HA crew, jboy! I agree with all that you wrote about everyone (snicker...we're a quirky bunch aren't we?)


lol yeah, admittedly each person's quirks really gets to me sometimes so I have to keep reminding myself it is simply their 'role'. I do know a lot from the HA pack hates my whiteknighting so I'm refraining from posting for the past few months. Oh, and I'm glad to hear you got a girl now :) Not sure if you posted about her earlier than today but I've been busy as hell these past few months. I'm actually on my two days working vacation, condo ocular and a bit of beach action, Cebu is looking better these days by the way.
jboy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 am

Postby In2dadark » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Taco wrote: Filipinas have Filipino boyfriends .


Pimps.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:21 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Postby Rock » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:33 pm

air_king

I am skeptical that about you being fluent in Tagalog. If you were totally BSing about your Tagalog, it means you are lying about your business credentials.

However, maybe I am wrong. So here is my offer:

Provide a telephone number I can reach you at and a convenient day and time to call. I will have an educated Filipina call you to chat in Tagalog and then report to us on your command of the language.

a. If I find you have even a reasonable conversational command, I will issue you an apology here in this very thread.

b. If you refuse to take the test, you will have weaseled your way out and you will continue to have zero credibility here. We will know with certainty that you were just BSing about your credentials including the part about being in business since 2003.

c. If you take the test and fail, pretty much same conclusion as b. above.


My prediction is that you will go for b. But I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here. I wanna be fair by giving you a full opportunity to redeem yourself and prove me wrong (at least on doubting one of your claims).

So how bout it air_king? Nobody is asking for any personal information here and I already know some of your phone numbers. So put-up or shut-up?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4116
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 am

Air King,
I have a great suggestion and idea for you that will solve this pricing debate. Why don't you not list any prices at all on your website, and instead custom tailor the prices on a case by case basis according to the individual client's situation? That's what the other PI service that Rock cited does too.

In fact, a lot of online businesses offering special services do not list prices upfront, unless they are selling something really cheap, because it deters a lot of people. So there's a reason they do it that way. They prefer to discuss value first, and price later. That might be a smarter business model. What do you think?

I think it makes more sense this way. Also, custom tailoring the prices allows the client to negotiate and bargain as well. Business should be a two way process. You gotta consider the client's needs and make them feel INVOLVED in the process as well. It's more friendly and personal that way.

Please think about it. As your friend and advertiser, I want to see you succeed too. But I don't think listing high prices on your website upfront will get many clients. In fact, it will deter a lot of people who were hoping to pay less for services in a third world country like PI.

Important point: You've got to put yourself in the clients' shoes and consider how they see things and their needs too. Only then can a mutual two way business deal be made to both parties' satisfaction. Does that make sense? Good businesses try to form a relationship with clients, not just get a sale from them. We need to look at the big picture here.

What do you think?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23570
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Rock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Winston wrote:Air King,
I have a great suggestion and idea for you that will solve this pricing debate. Why don't you not list any prices at all on your website, and instead custom tailor the prices on a case by case basis according to the individual client's situation? That's what the other PI service that Rock cited does too.

In fact, a lot of online businesses offering special services do not list prices upfront, unless they are selling something really cheap, because it deters a lot of people. So there's a reason they do it that way. They prefer to discuss value first, and price later. That might be a smarter business model. What do you think?

I think it makes more sense this way. Also, custom tailoring the prices allows the client to negotiate and bargain as well. Business should be a two way process. You gotta consider the client's needs and make them feel INVOLVED in the process as well. It's more friendly and personal that way.

Please think about it. As your friend and advertiser, I want to see you succeed too. But I don't think listing high prices on your website upfront will get many clients. In fact, it will deter a lot of people who were hoping to pay less for services in a third world country like PI.

Important point: You've got to put yourself in the clients' shoes and consider how they see things and their needs too. Only then can a mutual two way business deal be made to both parties' satisfaction. Does that make sense? Good businesses try to form a relationship with clients, not just get a sale from them. We need to look at the big picture here.

What do you think?


air_king keeps saying that by listing his prices upfront, he's being totally transparent which he thinks is a good thing. Well, I gotta agree with him on the first part. He is being transparent...about ripping people off lol! And taking advantage of naive expats is not a good thing.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4116
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChinaFan and 2 guests