Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Dating Vietnamese Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Dating Vietnamese Women

Postby Bao3niang » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:25 am

I'm very interested in living in Vietnam and dating Vietnamese ladies (although I'm still young). Being a Chinese-Canadian dude with Chongqing / Sichuan / Hubei ancestry, I want to know from you guys what Vietnamese girls look like, behave like, and what are their values....

Also can any1 recommned good websites for dating SEA women (specifically Thai and Vietnamese)? Thx
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Didn't Vietnam used to belong to China a long, long time ago? Doesn't it have the same underlying materialism and greed that motivates the society?

I haven't been there myself, though, so I'm only speaking from things I've been told by some who have been there.

It's still poor, isn't it? If it is, the women are almost certainly better than Chinese women.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:11 pm

I've dated one Vietnamese girl. She was hot but I met her just before the hassle of having to do my visa run and it fizzled out.

Try Vietnam Cupid but if you're on the ground try just chatting to girls or using mobile apps.

Thai Love Links is good for Thais but, I dunno, most of the best girls I've dated in Bangkok haven't actually been Thai!

I'd like to check out Vietnam at some point - is anyone from HA there?

The biggest problem with 'nam is that it's rife with scams and scammers, plus there are a few other quirks that can catch you out. And it rains a lot - it usually gets the tail end of the typhoons that hit the Phillies.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Devil Dog » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:50 pm

Different people come away with different opinions.

I found Vietnam to be less scammy than Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. Several Vietnamese people told me that the Vietnamese do not like the Chinese.

I wasn't chasing tail, but the young women there impress me as good, traditional people. Vietnamese are friendly and seem to be interested in getting to know you. If you are a fluent English speaker then you can converse with girls just based upon that. Development of English language skills is a path to a better life for them.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:17 am

I know the primry reason that Vietnam is unfriendly towards China/Chinese people is the dispute over the Spratly Islands in the South China Sea, but ain't that the affair of governments?

How patriotic/nationalistic are Vietnamese people in general? (i.e. being easily stirred by negative sentiment towards another country/people)
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby Falcon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:18 pm

(If you're in China, you might not be able to see these without some "special tools.")

(1) The Singaporean solution: now half-price!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnm1v3ju9w8[/youtube]

(2) It's the Taiwanese solution too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tvv1Ig3FC8[/youtube]

(3) Being fluent in other languages greatly helps, as indicated by the cheesy narration.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vi-iyc8iuM[/youtube]

(4) And it all ends happily ever after:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_lCjsC2Js[/youtube]

(5) But you may have to deal with wacko in-laws like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMPwZRCXWqg[/youtube]
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Vietnamese women

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Bao3niang wrote:I'm very interested in living in Vietnam and dating Vietnamese ladies (although I'm still young). Being a Chinese-Canadian dude with Chongqing / Sichuan / Hubei ancestry, I want to know from you guys what Vietnamese girls look like, behave like, and what are their values....

Also can any1 recommned good websites for dating SEA women (specifically Thai and Vietnamese)? Thx

Go to Vietnam before you marry Vietnamese. You'll get a better idea of how Vietnamese women are and how they can be by visiting Vietnam than asking people to tell you. If you're going to get married, a trip or two is probably worth it.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:27 am

What are the places recommended for living/dating in Vietnam?

I only know Hue, Hanoi, and Saigon (HCMC). :))) plz suggestions
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby Falcon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:09 pm

If you like Laos and Yunnan, China, try northern Vietnam.

If you're used to hanging around overseas Vietnamese and want to dig deeper, definitely go for southern Vietnam. Also, most Vietnamese brides in Taiwan are from around Can Tho in southern Vietnam. Can Tho is famous for its floating markets.

The Central Highlands and the northern borderlands are mostly made up of ethnic minorities.

You can get a 1-month ($20) or 3-month ($30) single-entry visa pre-approval letter from:
http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/

This is only available via air arrival.

Once you have your pre-approval letter, then you have to pay $45 USD in cash at the airport. They take Vietnamese dong too, but prefer US dollars.

I'll be stopping by Vietnam next year. :D
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby pandabear » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:22 pm

You have to be a bit cautious in Vietnam these days

http://news.asiaone.com/News/The%2BNew% ... 602/2.html
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby travelsouth » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:24 pm

That's a weird article. Heck I'm interested in young educated women. Ideally women from a self-sufficient family. These businesses selling Vietnamese certified virgins sound pretty messed up. Just the whole damn process seems wack. I saw a video on it on youtube awhile ago and I'm not impressed. I actually felt sorry for the women a bit as they were treated like meat. LOL if a feminist saw it her head would probably explode.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:07 pm

To be honest at this point I don't know any Vietnamese people yet, so if I go there, where would be good to start for my social / dating life? North or South?
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:55 pm

I just read the article, and paying $7,000 or $10,000 for a bride is pretty frightening to me, and inheriting the woman's family problems is also not a good situation at all.
So as someone else in this post pointed out, I would prefer Vietnmaese women (or women from anywhere in SEA) that come from families capable of supporting themselves.

The article also mentioned Vienamse dislike towards Singaporean men, but I'm Chinese-Canadian.

Is it easy to find well-educated (not in terms of degrees, but knowledge / abilities) Vietnamese women nowadays? What do they like in a man as compared to the notoriously difficult "??" (white collar) class in China?
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby Rocky Top » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:51 am

I will be keeping tabs on this thread over the next few weeks... esp. if I can make it to BKK in December. All I need is a 30 day visa for right now.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Anyone coming to Bkk who wants to go to Vietnam after that - I'd be interested!

If you want to go there you've either got Hanoi or Saigon (have I got that right?), i.e. the North/South capitals. Not sure which is best. Both are pretty good, except if you hate motorbikes or rain. There's probably some Roosh guys who are there and can tell us where to go.

I found middle/upper class Chinese ladies very easy to meet in China. If you're geeky/smart they'll be all over you, and maybe the same will be true in Vietnam. And what's more - these women are rich!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand