Is Thailand still like this?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

"Anyone who thinks they'll come to Thailand and simply because they're White (or Asian) and score hot, educated women, I got news for you...unless you look like Brad Pitt, it ain't gonna happen," is even true in China. In fact, I would say that the statement is true in just about any country to be honest.

+1

AIB,
Any form of P4p aside, do you think US/West is better place for one night stands and casual sex?

In US, majority of chicks go out clubbing, get drunk and have ONSs, its part of culture, who shags them its another question.

Thailand seems to be different kind of animal, there are many nightclubs women go to but they expect to get paid.
To them giving it for free to random stranger they never gonna see again makes no sense( its very logical when you think about it).
AW give it away for free on the first night (if you are her 'type'), Thais seem to want some sort of compensation, either commitment or cash.

Thai hookers usually slow play their hand, you don't realize she a hooker till next morning when shes asks for money(happened to many westerners), guy thinks 'wow I just picked up hot girl, shes so into me, I must be hunk'...
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

First-time visitors to Thailand should be warned that prices for things like harlots and taxi drivers need to be negotiated up front, or you will really be taken for a ride. Anyway, after the first time, you will know.

I was also reading Bangkok Private Eye, which Stephen Leather co-wrote. And, okay, that is mostly about foreign men checking up on their Thai harlots, and features the most salacious of his experiences during 10 years as a detective. Very persuasive evidence not to get involved with a whore, beyond paying for what you get.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/05 ... 103341.php

It does appear that, at least in the Northeast of Thailand, the majority of women would prefer to marry a Farang, because of our "wealth, faithfulness and respect for women." I wonder where they get the last two from? Maybe because Farang retirees no longer have the energy.

Is it like that elsewhere in Thailand? Or is our desirability largely confined to the Northeast?
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

pandabear wrote:First-time visitors to Thailand should be warned that prices for things like harlots and taxi drivers need to be negotiated up front, or you will really be taken for a ride. Anyway, after the first time, you will know.

I was also reading Bangkok Private Eye, which Stephen Leather co-wrote. And, okay, that is mostly about foreign men checking up on their Thai harlots, and features the most salacious of his experiences during 10 years as a detective. Very persuasive evidence not to get involved with a whore, beyond paying for what you get.
1) I never negotiated unless the girl brought up the price and in most cases, unless her price was way out of line, I just paid what she wanted. A whore paid fairly is usually a whore who f***s with more gusto. When no price was brought up, I paid what I paid and rarely had any problems. If I did, I either paid what they wanted or negotiated. I always tried to be fair and was never cheap.

2) NEVER, EVER negotiate with a f***ing taxi driver. That's what meters are for! No meter, no passenger. Period.

Playing with whores will inevitably bring you more problems than doing so with decent women. The reason is simple, in most cases, you're dealing with a lower class of woman.

I always remember the girl I had from Udon after I broke up with another girl from Udon. She brought me to her home. It was the biggest piece of shit I'd ever seen, and this is in Issan mind you. After drinking a bit of whiskey, the girl's sister asks if I'd like to go behind the house so she can give me a blowjob...she wanted 1000 baht. Really classy family. The girl was a major league piece of ass but most definitely a farm girl who didn't know much other than how to attract men. We didn't last long...she hit me up for 200K baht to help fix up her house. The next morning she went into the city with me and I took a train back to Bangkok. Never saw her again.

Thai whores are just like Filipino whores (and other whores)...they need money and since you have it, they think you should be happy to give it to them.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Well, in the old days, the samlaws didn't have meters. Probably Thailand doesn't have them any more. At least in YouTube videos that I've seen, nothing but motorized vehicles on the roads.

That's quite a story in Udon. You really ought to consider writing a book. 1000 baht is quite a LOT for a blow job. During the 1980s, vaginal coitus in a neighborhood brothel was only 60 baht. Condom optional--in fact, you had to bring your own if you wanted to use one. I don't know why anyone would pay 1000 just for a blow job. Especially in Udon Thani. For 1000, you probably could have rented her for a week.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

pandabear wrote:Well, in the old days, the samlaws didn't have meters. Probably Thailand doesn't have them any more. At least in YouTube videos that I've seen, nothing but motorized vehicles on the roads.

That's quite a story in Udon. You really ought to consider writing a book. 1000 baht is quite a LOT for a blow job. During the 1980s, v****al coitus in a neighborhood brothel was only 60 baht. Condom optional--in fact, you had to bring your own if you wanted to use one. I don't know why anyone would pay 1000 just for a blow job. Especially in Udon Thani. For 1000, you probably could have rented her for a week.
There are very, very few Samlor's in Thailand nowadays, most are in Chiang Mai, virtually none in Bangkok.

Writing a book...well, I've written for numerous magazines and newspapers, and have two books in the works. One is almost finished, the other I'm taking my time with.

All this aside...you need to seriously update yourself on Thailand and Asia...

I've been living here in Asia since late 95. Blowjobs in Cambodia were $2 then and that was in a shack. They were $5 at K11 and Svay Pak. Now they're at least $10. Pulling a girl for a lay is $25-$30 unless you get a dirty little farm girl newbie. If you went with a girl from the original Martini's, it was $5-$10. This was years ago.

Here in Thailand, blowjobs 700-800 at a BJ bar in Bangkok. When I first got here they ran 500 baht and the baht fluctuated all the way up to 52 a year or two later. Nowadays, most whores aren't going to go with you for less than 1500 baht. Whether they give you a BJ or not is immaterial. Get a hot go-go dancer and they're going to want AT LEAST 2500 all night, more like 3K up.

So you're really looking at quite a long time ago. If you told a good looking whore here 1000 baht was all you'd pay her for a week she'd laugh in your face or slap the shit out of you. For that matter, if she was a whore who wanted the do-re-mi, she'd laugh at 1000 baht for a short-time.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Wow. Thanks for the update. Back then, the price for some quick coitus in a neighborhood brothel (where Thais go) was 60 baht ($2.40 at the exchange rate back then). I was on a VERY low budget, but still got quite a lot of p***y. I don't think anyone even did blowjobs. It wasn't offered, and I didn't ask. What's the going rate in the little neighborhood brothels? As I recall, they usually opened at nightfall, and only stayed open for a few hours. And, absolutely every town had them. Often, they offered teenaged girls. From what I understand, teenie boppers are no longer allowed.

Bangkok didn't have samlors in the 1980s, but most Thai towns did. Sawngteows were also common (in Bangkok and elsewhere). Outside of Bangkok, there would be droves of samlors at any bus or railroad station.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Things have changed a lot.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

I recall sitting with some street prostitutes, who were proud of themselves for having gotten a Japanese tourist to pay 100 baht, instead of the going rate of 60. This was in Udon Thani. A samlor ride was 5 or 10 baht.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

By the way, some time ago I watched the movie Phuying Soi Sap

which was set in a little neighborhood Thai brothel. So, they must still be around, even if they don't employ teenagers any more.

Typically, back in 1987, when you went to check into a hotel, anywhere in Thailand, they would ask you if you wanted a girl. If you said no, then they asked if you wanted a boy. Very accommodating.

I used to like walking around the neighborhoods, looking for the brothels. Oftentimes a man would be standing in front, waving a flashlight.

It seemed like Udon Thani, which wasn't a very big town, had hundreds of them, with thousands of girls working there. They had many girls brought in from Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. Those seemed to be what the Thais liked best, because of their white skin. Combined with the black hair and black eyes: a lot of them were quite stunning.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Other things that have changed in Thailand:

People are having smaller families than previously, and are getting wealthier. A young woman these days would have a lot fewer brothers and sisters than in the old days. And, the women are better educated. So, Thai ladies may have less incentive or desire to get involved with a foreigner.

Conversely, in the Philippines, people still have huge families. Poverty has gotten worse. People are educated, but unemployment is very high, and wages are extremely low. So, there are probably LOTS more women who are eager to marry a foreigner just to get out of the country.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Another thing that has changed:

http://www.thailovelines.com/Frontinfo/ ... woman.html

Udon Thani is now a big retirement destination. Back in the 1980s, I don't think that there were any foreign residents in Udon Thani at all. At least not that I had met. There were some retired US military in Khorat, but I never met anyone in Udon Thani. Which was part of its charm.
Rich
Freshman Poster

Post by Rich »

Just reading The Beach (published in 1996) by Alex Garland. I'm loving it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_(novel)

In 1989, I went to Bangkok, found it overwhelming and caught a train down south, then a bus somewhere (can't recall) and caught a ferry to Koh Samui - just like the character "Richard" in the book. Of course, he went on to find another island occupied by a select few hip travellers away from tourists somewhere in the Gulf of Thailand. I stayed on Koh Samui and had one of the greatest times of my life.

Even though the book is fiction, it details nicely how rapidly Thailand changed. I get the impression that up until the late 1970s, early 1980s, Koh Samui was a relatively quiet place with few tourists. By the end of the 1980s, by the time I got there, it was really starting to hum.

I also went to Udon Thani in 1989. At the time Udon had the only bowling alleys in Thailand I understand because it was used for R&R for the US forces during the Vietnam war. Happy to be corrected on that point but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Anyway, it took me about 13 hours to get there by train. Not to sound like Rainman but I paid $5US for a third class ticket and $10US for a very nice hotel room in the city.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

I stayed at Longlaem Saiwong Siri in Udon Thani, for 40 baht a night. It doesn't come up on any google search, so I'm guessing that it is no longer there.

Koh Samui and Koh Pangan were mostly full of backpackers. Very low budget bungalows on the beach.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

pandabear wrote:I stayed at Longlaem Saiwong Siri in Udon Thani, for 40 baht a night. It doesn't come up on any google search, so I'm guessing that it is no longer there.

Koh Samui and Koh Pangan were mostly full of backpackers. Very low budget bungalows on the beach.
They're not all that low now, believe me. I am leaving in a few days to a beach and will give details shortly. But it's 900 a night for a bungalow right on the beach, which is okay in my opinion, nothing fantastic, but I'm not complaining.