Why it's hard to be an Introvert in PI

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Ghost wrote:I remember all the noise. I was only there for a short time, so it was endearing. Certainly hard to feel depressed there, at any rate. I am introverted and like to have plenty of solitude and "recharge" time. Even so, I think it's a trade-off I could make. Is it much quieter in the provincial areas?
- The ideal set-up is having a place/province away from Manila to recharge. The middle/upper have places in Tagaytay to get away from it. You can take day trips.. a girl is taking me to hers (scheduled post in blog)

- There are also massage spas that cost php300 (+tip) for an hour massage. It is a refuge. I got pretty insane with the massages and bought a lifetime membership so I only pay php100 for a massage. That's $2.50 for a great massage!

- I'm not sure if the noise is a problem for introverts as they would have their own rooms to recharge anyways and we would get acclimated to the noise barrage.

- But keep in mind... MANILA IS STIMULATING AS FCK!

- Quiet library? Forget about it man.

- I haven't felt depressed here. When I was in the US in a very quiet place full of hipster liberals.. with snow falling.. I got maddeningly depressed.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?