Repatriate's casual observations about Manila.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

I think there are Filipinas and there are surplus Filipinas. I think with age you are loving the surplus Filipinas. There is an over abundance of Filipinas coming from the 'baby factories'.

The Asian men comment will get its own blogpost.

My gut feeling is that the ills of the Philippines is tied to its population being out of control. Curb the population and let's see if there will be love for older men.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Mr S wrote:Filipinas are better for older guys cause most are simpletons and generally boring and not wordly.
Did you mean worldly or wordy or both?
Mr S wrote:Most older guys are just trying to relive their youth or be with a women who won't bitch at them all the time about stupid stuff like Western women do. So even if she is from the province as long as she is young and not looking like a total slob and willing to take care of the older dude the Western guy will usually just settle cause he doesn't like the whole dating scene anyways and would just prefer finding one decent chick and then do what he wants on the side if he has the inclination to do so still.
Quite an accurate description of the majority of older westerner/young filipina couples I have seen.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Mr Natural wrote:
Mr S wrote:Filipinas are better for older guys cause most are simpletons and generally boring and not wordly.
Did you mean worldly or wordy or both?
Mr S wrote:Most older guys are just trying to relive their youth or be with a women who won't bitch at them all the time about stupid stuff like Western women do. So even if she is from the province as long as she is young and not looking like a total slob and willing to take care of the older dude the Western guy will usually just settle cause he doesn't like the whole dating scene anyways and would just prefer finding one decent chick and then do what he wants on the side if he has the inclination to do so still.
Quite an accurate description of the majority of older westerner/young filipina couples I have seen.
Ha! I meant worldly but i guess they aren't wordy either!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Well, I finally got a look at the more upper class areas in the fort and the crowd there. I attended a b-day event with Mguy at a gathering of upper (?) class fashion people and their social circle. It was kind of interesting, the people were friendly enough, and the restaurant was chill but not much conversation was made with the guests. I think it's because they were probably wondering just who the f-ck we were. I told mguy that our presence will occupy precisely 4 seconds of their thought processes after we leave before they forget about us entirely and that we should not feel self conscious about being there.

We didn't exactly stick out like sore thumbs but it was odd being around a pretty intimate group of friends and not knowing anyone there. Well, mguy knew the b-day girl and I guess that was all that was necessary. I chatted with b-day girl a little at Prive and she was a pretty nice person. I also talked with a few of the other people in that group and they seemed alright too.

We went to Prive afterward and despite having all the trappings of being this exclusive night spot it felt kind of touristy inside. We went with the same b-day party group so got on a guest list. There were a few groups of Rooshv looking white guys with gelled hair doing the usual pick up type activity by hovering around each table with girls. There seemed to be more guys than women here though. Mguy went wandering around midway through ;). However, the women seemed pretty open at this spot. I was just standing around holding a drink and a couple girls actually started chatting me up. No actual pick up was done this night though.

All in all, there are some similarities with Thai night life but I feel that even though the ratio felt off here and it felt touristy the overall scene felt more "open" to me. It was easier to chat up or be chatted up by girls. In Bangkok the social circles can be way more closed off with Thais tightly huddled around their little table and bottles and as a foreigner you better speak good thai or know people otherwise you will get shut down fast by the vast majority of women in clubs.

Maybe the people we were with had something to do with that though too. We were in a decent spot occupying a couch and table right beside the bar.

========

All in all my feelings about Filipinos in general hasn't changed much. I do find most people here to be pleasant enough. I still haven't encountered shitty attitudes up close and personal or over the top pretension.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I met 3 Filipinas in Bangkok. One was middle class and smart but not that attractive. Kind of girl you should seek out if you want a reliable wife and some kids. One was working class and I'm not entirely sure what she was doing in Bangkok. The final one was Filipino-Chinese. She was fun and reasonably attractive, but she has the shopping gene. Falcon also met this one.

I'd worry that with so many Filipinas you'd run out of conversation after 2-3 minutes. With Bangkok bar girls once I'd established where they were from that was pretty much it.

I found in Thailand that the middle class Thai women have next to no interest in dating foreigners. Definitely not the same as in China.

With the large number of ladyboys in Thailand and the Philippines I guess this has made a surplus of women.

I also heard the Phillies has a large gay population, not sure if this is true.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

xiongmao wrote:
With the large number of ladyboys in Thailand and the Philippines I guess this has made a surplus of women.

I also heard the Phillies has a large gay population, not sure if this is true.
I would think the the OFWs and no divorce have more to do with surplus women then ladyboys.

The large flamboyant gay, along with the closeted gay populations probably is the Pacific Islander legacy which Catholicism and Islam could not overcome before international standards changed making it okay
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate,
Why were you willing to meet up with Mguy but not with me or Rock? We are both feeling hurt now. lol

What does a guy have to do to earn a meet up with you? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

I'm pretty sure those types were upper class. Imagine hipster types in a third world setting.

I have a vid of our club scene. Edited you and me and bday girl ofcourse.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Prive according to friend has gotten a change in the clientele.. these happen to "upscale" clubs as word gets out and people get in the scene.. so the clientele moves on to the next.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:Repatriate,
Why were you willing to meet up with Mguy but not with me or Rock? We are both feeling hurt now. lol

What does a guy have to do to earn a meet up with you? lol
Mguy actually isn't the first person i've met on this forum. I'll leave it up to you to guess who the first was. :lol:

It's true that when Rock was in BKK I had reservations about meeting anyone from this site then. That was at least a couple years ago though. I don't think I would mind meeting Rock or even you now for that matter.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I'm currently island hopping in Thailand but I have more comments to make about my phi trip including the girls I met. When I have access to my notebook and stable internet again ill comment.