Cambodia 101

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Cambodia 101

Post by xiongmao »

OK I'll start a thread about Cambodia.

I dated a Cambodian lady this lunchtime. She was very nice, so maybe Cambodia is worth a look if you're marriage minded.

On the downside her backstory was fairly tragic. She's one of 7 siblings, and her parents are both dead. Not sure what happened, her English wasn't that great. She and her sister work in Thailand to support the younger siblings.

Anyway, the lady herself was very nice, very friendly and definitely the type of lady guys seeking wives should seek out. Forget 9's like the Myanmar lady I met, she was a nightmare :roll:

Cambodian lady was about the same tall as Falcon's Issan lady. So not that tall, but taller than the tiny Thai girl I met yesterday (who was 4' 11"). Cambodian lady's accent kind of suggested she wasn't Thai. She sounded (and also looked) more Filipino than anything.

Like many ladies from that part of the world, she hadn't had much schooling. But she seemed to have common sense, which is always a good thing.

Oh, and she passed the "let's eat at the really cheap food court" test :lol:.

So to have dated the complete set of Asian ladies, I need to find a Korean, a Malaysian and a Laotian. Maybe I should add in HK and Singapore.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on September 9th, 2019, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

Ghost wrote:I'm interested in going to Cambodia. I would likely teach there, but the pay isn't great. But from what I have read, the culture is warm, and the ladies are nice. It's still fairly unknown it looks like, although I know tourism and TEFL are slowly picking up. It really sounds like a place similar to the Philippines, except it hasn't been "discovered" yet. (And that's a good thing.)

I think the only problem for guys who want a Cambodian girl is if they are above 50 years old, they can't marry there, from what I've read. But then there's always the option of taking her to another country and marrying her, I suppose.
Interesting. Seems counter intuitive and doesn't make sense when you consider that (usually) older men have more income than younger, which would indirectly mean that more of those resources would somehow find their way back to Cambodia even if the couple moves to another country (the woman would still be sending some kind of support back home I'm assuming).
Kuli
Freshman Poster

Post by Kuli »

well I wouldn't call it "undiscovered", but yeah cambodians are nice ppl and the girls are very approachable. But watchout for pro's, very common. But in general the girls are very flirty, I dated and banged my hostel receptionist, a girl I met in a barbery shop and a girl I meet in a park playing badminton. Generaly i would say that they look slightly better then thai girl's, but thai girl's are more fun.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

There are many nice women in Cambodia, they are very feminine and petite.

However, I sure as hell wouldn't want to live there. Many Cambodians have a "money-milking" attitude towards foreigners, and touts are numerous, aggressive, relentless, and don't take no for an answer.

Cambodia wore me down, and I don't have any plans on going back there as of yet.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Kuli wrote:well I wouldn't call it "undiscovered", but yeah cambodians are nice ppl and the girls are very approachable. But watchout for pro's, very common. But in general the girls are very flirty, I dated and banged my hostel receptionist, a girl I met in a barbery shop and a girl I meet in a park playing badminton. Generaly i would say that they look slightly better then thai girl's, but thai girl's are more fun.
Cambodians are like Thais used to be say 20-30 years ago but in recent years I have seen a change in them and it's not for the better. They tend to be less worldly but it really depends on the class of woman you're dealing with. Like Thai women, the upper-middle class or upper class Cambodians tend to shy away from foreigners and it's difficult to get to know them well enough to see a relationship form or progress.
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Ghost wrote:
December 3rd, 2013, 10:14 pm
I'm interested in going to Cambodia. I would likely teach there, but the pay isn't great. But from what I have read, the culture is warm, and the ladies are nice. It's still fairly unknown it looks like, although I know tourism and TEFL are slowly picking up. It really sounds like a place similar to the Philippines, except it hasn't been "discovered" yet. (And that's a good thing.)

I think the only problem for guys who want a Cambodian girl is if they are above 50 years old, they can't marry there, from what I've read. But then there's always the option of taking her to another country and marrying her, I suppose.
Just to let you all know, I talked to the Cambodian lady that runs my hotel here in Siem Reap about the above. She told me that the law here does not say if you are over 50 that you can't marry any Cambodian woman. It merely says that if you are over 50, you cannot marry an 18 or 20 year old girl because the age difference is too great and would likely lead to disaster. However, you can marry someone closer to your age, say a 35 or 40 year old Cambodian woman. The purpose of the law is to prevent big age differences, not to disbar all men over 50 from marrying Cambodian brides. Just wanted to clarify that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Cambodia 101

Post by Winston »

This site is a great resource for living or traveling in Cambodia.

http://www.movetocambodia.com

Also check out this interesting article about Cambodia on Stickman Bangkok. I didn't know Cambodia was considered "the wild west of Asia". lol. This article seems outdated though and was written in 2004.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers ... t-of-asia/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia from the air. Note the very wise and spacious French city planning and wide boulevards. No traffic congestion.

Lots of trees, parkways, the air smells fresh. Minimal pollution. Fresh winds blowing from the river.

Add to this Buddhist discipline and Chinese capital- and you have a recipe for progressive development.

A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If any of you wanna talk to Cambodia expats they have a forum below.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com

Another info site about Siem Reap.

https://www.siemreap.net