Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 am

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:51 am

I don't like commies but...I must admit--the Chinese government is miles ahead of the U.S. government in terms of thinking ahead and planning for the future. U.S. politicians, on the other hand, can't even plan ahead of their next election cycle, LOL!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Bane » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:52 pm

zboy1 wrote:I don't like commies but...I must admit--the Chinese government is miles ahead of the U.S. government in terms of thinking ahead and planning for the future. U.S. politicians, on the other hand, can't even plan ahead of their next election cycle, LOL!

Ain't that the truth!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster

Postby Mr Natural » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:45 am

zboy1 wrote:I don't like commies but...I must admit--the Chinese government is miles ahead of the U.S. government in terms of thinking ahead and planning for the future

Perhaps your knowledge of "commies" is significantly distorted by western propaganda, maybe they aren't quite as you have been led to believe. They are certainly power hungry, but I don't know if they are any worse in that regard than our own western politicians. As long as you don't stand up and oppose them or cause trouble they seem somewhat invisible to me. In my experiences in China, albeit only extended visits as opposed to living there, I didn't notice the govt much at all. I never noticed the govts effect much on the average persons life, not nearly as much as the federal, state and local govt involvement with people here in the states. Maybe I was blind to it. If I didn't know they had a Communist govt China would appear to be a very capitalistic and competitive country. But they do exert a great deal of control and power over big things as you are talking about, and I'm not sure that's such a bad thing, at least in most cases.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 am

Well, although China's dating scene (and many other aspects) is under direct threat from being influenced by American/Anglo values, the more I know about the American system, the more I begin to appreciate the Chinese system of government. Contrary to what many Americans believe (and even what I believed at first), China is not a one-party state. It is just that those smaller parties (and yes, China even has democratic parties!) have no chance of usurping authority over the CCP and don't cause any trouble. When there is a situation of national crisis, it is a collective decision making process where those smaller parties may have a voice, but in the end all the final decisions are made by the CCP which organizes a united front. The Chinese government is more like a coalition which centers around a dominant influence.

Of course there are internal divisions within the CCP (as seen by the 1989 Tian An Men Square demonstrations), but at least on the surface everything appears to be in order. On the other hand, American politicians just argue all day and behave like children while manipulating the masses into their agendas.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:28 am

I didn't really see a lot of communism when I was in China. It was just ruthless capitalism everywhere.

It is worth checking out as many different Asian countries as you can. I've been a little disappointed by my dating experiences in Thailand, but China was much better.

Actually despite the single child policy, most of the women I dated had brothers and sisters. There are many rules about who can have another child (e.g. ethnic minorities, moms who have a girl first), plus you can just pay to have more kids anyway.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby momopi » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:02 am

Many Chinese of marriage age today have siblings. A quick look at the birth rate from the year that they were born would dispel the notion that they're all from 4-2-1 families.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby GenYguy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55 am

I hear that China censors the shit out of everything, including some of my favorite websites! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_we ... d_in_China

YouTube, Facebook, Google Docs, blocked. You can use a proxy to circumvent the firewall, but man is it worth the risk of getting locked up in a jail in China, or worse?

The firewall holds throughout all of China, except special administrative regions in Hong Kong and Macau.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:36 am

Sign up for an AOL Account with a random US postal code, then download AOL Desktop, log on using that account by creating a Connection (I can tell you how to do it, just PM me), then tada you have a free VPN.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby Taco » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:50 am

If you want to date in China you need to go to the "Bermuda Triangle". Chengdu-> Changsha-> Wuhan area is supposed to be the best. Avoid Jiangsu province.

Chinese Man Leaps To His Death
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013 ... e-Shopping
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby travelsouth » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Well I'm not sure what we are talking about if we have to wait years for a surplus of women! LOL Dealing with Japan just seems to be easier anyways. Taiwan seems like a better option for women having visas to travel too. But I do know a nice Chinese lady that moved here for marriage and her thoughts are that Guangzhou is a white guy's paradise. So we truly do get mixed messages. I'm never going to venture to mainland China so I guess I'll never know for sure myself.

I agree with some of the political comments though. We never attempt anything great here at home anymore. It was a republican that developed our interstate system. We are in desperate need of high speed rail and nobody will step up and make it happen.
Last edited by travelsouth on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Postby Hackenfall Backslash » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:16 pm

They should keep the one-child policy. Earth is already over-populated.
Avatar: Edward and Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Signature: Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
Hackenfall Backslash
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand