What is the best place to find semi-pros?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
rhr
Freshman Poster

What is the best place to find semi-pros?

Post by rhr »

I hope this questions isn't terribly inappropriate here, but I will change careers soon in the summer of this year and before that I plan to make use of my free time and make an extended visit NEA as well as SEA.

The planned length of the trip is about six weeks and during that time I'm also looking for some
uncomplicated semi-pro companionship, so I'm in search of the best place for this to include in my travel schedule.

However, I am NOT at all looking for fulltime freelancers or anything similar. These are not hard to come by, but it's not what I had in mind. Rather, what I was thinking about was some kind of tuition assistance or something like that where I can help out. (legally of course!)

Cities or provinces, I guess some college or university town would be the right place - any ideas? Anywhere in SEA would be ok, I am very willing to learn a few words in the local language if necessary in the meantime.
If you have any suggestions, please be specific if possible!

Thank you very much in advance!

p.s. I'll be 27 this year for all that matters...