Taiwanese girls easier than European girls? Wtf?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Taiwanese girls easier than European girls? Wtf?

Post by Winston »

Check this out. This blogger claims that Taiwanese girls are easier to pick up and more open to him than girls in Europe are! Wtf is he smoking?!

http://my-new-life-in-asia.blogspot.com ... aiwan.html
5 - Taiwanese Girls

I will devote a whole post to this (very old) subject. For now, I will just say that, as far as I could see, there is a specific group of Taiwanese girls that are really into Western men. It is truly one of the most peculiar and fascinating things here in Taiwan; and perhaps one of the most inexplicable. You see pretty young girls literally throwing themselves into the arms of some foreign guy.

I once went to a club. I was doing nothing at all. I was simply standing at the bar drinking my cocktail. In Europe, no one would have talked to me. But in Taipei, six girls approached me, and two of them were so hot and wore so tiny clothes that I had already noticed them dancing on the dance floor.

One reason why some Taiwanese have a bad opinion of foreigners is exactly that it is widely known what (some) foreigners do at night. But this phenomenon is so conspicuous that Taiwanese tend to generalize and think all foreigners go clubbing and then take girls home. That isn't the case. Many foreigners do not go clubbing, and many Taiwanese do not either. But those who do it polarize the attention, hence the bad reputation.

If you're a male who likes clubbing and girls, well - you'd better come and see with your own eyes. I met a Western guy some time ago, who is definitely not very handsome and in Europe probably didn't have much success with girls. In Taiwan, whenever he goes clubbing, he "scores".
I posted the following in the comments section but I don't know if it will get approved because many bloggers censor out critical comments.
To the OP:
I don't know what you're smoking. But my experience with Taiwanese girls is 1000 percent different from you. The girls in Europe are a million times more open and social with strangers. Taiwanese girls are well known for being cold, cliquish, and do not talk to strangers. Ask any local honest Taiwanese and he/she will admit that "Taiwan girls are not open to strangers". It's common knowledge there. So how can you say the opposite of what everyone else says?

Why is it that only non-Taiwanese bloggers say that? Is it due to your political correctness brainwashing? Why do you treat Taiwan like a sacred cow where everyone must say that it is friendly, even if they don't feel that it is? It's like there is this social pressure to be politically correct rather than honest.

But the reality is, people don't make eye contact there, similar to Japan. The women have a cold force field around them too. Only elderly people talk to strangers, not young women. This is obvious and can be seen everywhere in Taiwan. In contrast, the girls in Europe and Russia are super social and approachable. I have lots of proof of this in many hours of my videos of me cold approaching girls in Eastern Europe and Russia. You can watch them on my website at HappierAbroad.com.

Also, if Taiwan is so friendly, then how come nearly all foreigners I see there are ONLY hanging out with other foreigners and not with any local Taiwanese? Either that, or they are hanging out with Westernized Taiwanese. What's the point of going to Taiwan is all your friends are only foreigners? Other countries aren't like that.

Taiwan is a very lonely and boring place. It is not a passionate culture like Italy or Greece or Russia. The Taiwanese personality is not deep, authentic or passionate. Just look at the people on Taiwanese TV and you will see how corny and cheesy they act. A deep philosophical type would not be happy there. The vibe is not fun like in Europe. It doesn't flow. And girls are not relaxed toward strangers like in Europe.

If you disagree, I challenge you to cold approach Taiwanese girls and film it with a camcorder, as I did in Russia, which you can see on HappierAbroad.com. I'll bet you can't. You only have words and political correctness. I have actual proof.

Also, please see my essay "10 reasons why Taiwan is not good for dating or social life". It's very intellectual and well written with many good points.
http://blog.happierabroad.com/2013/01/1 ... sucks.html

I hope you're not a liberal mangina who censors out all critical comments. If so, that's lame. Truth seekers don't do that. I never do that on my blogs or forums.

Btw, if you want friendly and open girls, you should come to America. Here the girls are very open, flirtatious and wild, just like you see in the movies. haha (sarcastic tone)

Just kidding of course. Anyway, you should mention that flirtation in Taiwan is a taboo. Just like in America. You are allowed to flirt with your girlfriend or wife, but not with strangers. That's what Taiwan and America have in common, a non-flirtatious culture. If you love to flirt with strangers, like me, you're better off in many European countries, Russia and its surrounding republics, and Latin America of course. But anyone knows that flirtation in Taiwan is taboo. You can't deny that. Even you would have to admit that. It's the most obvious thing in the world. I swear.
Last edited by Winston on April 21st, 2014, 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

He did specify specific group of Taiwanese girls at the club. He did not say that he was successful cold approaching girls on the street.

There are also specific expat bars in Taiwan (and other parts of Asia) where local women chase foreign men. In Chinese slang the girls are said to "prefer to eat foreign meals".

In Singapore they are called "SPG":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarong_party_girl

Anton Casey's wife Bernice Wong, former Miss SG, is one example. She stated that local men were "not good enough for her", and married a wealthy foreigner who holds the poorer locals in contempt:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -poor.html

If anyone feels that his attitude is unacceptable, then please consider your own while you're abroad.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Well, I don't know about the Continent but I lived 2 years in London and only dating and intimacy I got was...from 2 Taiwan girls lol. I spent an additional summer in Norway and all I got there was cock teased by a Belgian chick. Went to Paris and stayed with...a Taiwan girl.

But in all fairness, I was a greenhorn and I'm sure I missed all kinds of opportunities when I traveled around Europe. My experiences in the States had conditioned me to be fearful and socially awkward around white girls. Taiwanese girls seemed different though, like they actually took me seriously, nothing like the white girls from my high school days. So I was able to be much more at ease around them. In time, I learned how to relate well to many of them. My dating life in Taiwan was with Taiwan girls and an occasional Korean. But even significantly below average looking or bordering obese American white girls I met in the expat community seemed either snobby or asexual to me, like they didn't see me at all in that way. Even ABC girls can be intimidating to me and Monkro sees eye to eye with me on that one.

Speaking of Monkro, he is planning a re-emergence in Taiwan sometime this spring. This time, he's well organized and prepared to hit the ground running. He's starting to get decent in Mandarin too. It will be very interesting to see what kind of results he gets and post some of those tales here on the forum lol.
ChampionKaji
Freshman Poster

Post by ChampionKaji »

It depends on who you are. If you are an ugly white guy that white guys don't want, yes, you will have a much better time anywhere in Asia. If you are a Black guy, I think that you will find Taiwanese women very cold and hostile. The same goes for a mundane Asian guy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock's tenant Monkro just returned to Taiwan. So far, he already has four dates lined up. One girl he was talking to in the subway later got out of line to give him her business card so they could meet later.

Holy shit. I don't get something. How is it that in a country where girls are closed, cold, cliquish and not open with strangers, I'm the only one that can't pick up girls? WTF?! That doesn't make any sense. Does anyone have a logical explanation?

According to Rock, every guy except Winston Wu can pick up girls in Taiwan or get dates. I find that hard to believe. But he seems to say that every guy gets girls in Taiwan except me. Very weird.

I've gotten a few dates in Taiwan, but not with any girls that were my type.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock's tenant Monkro just returned to Taiwan. So far, he already has four dates lined up. One girl he was talking to in the subway later got out of line to give him her business card so they could meet later.

Holy shit. I don't get something. How is it that in a country where girls are closed, cold, cliquish and not open with strangers, I'm the only one that can't pick up girls? WTF?! That doesn't make any sense. Does anyone have a logical explanation?

According to Rock, every guy except Winston Wu can pick up girls in Taiwan or get dates. I find that hard to believe. But he seems to say that every guy gets girls in Taiwan except me. Very weird.

I've gotten a few dates in Taiwan, but not with any girls that were my type.
Winston, you are not alone. There are plenty of guys who didn't do well in Taiwan. But in the past at least, there were plenty of others, including myself who did very well even though we were dateless in an Anglo country.

Let's give Monkro some time. He's just getting started. He'll be in Taiwan about 6 weeks. When he's about done, he will relay his results and photos to me and I will put up a report. We don't know yet how he will do. He's become an aggressive approacher so he will definitely rack up a lot of data points at least. Let's see how it goes and then we can discuss. BTW, Monkro. will not share photos publicly. He will show me and perhaps he can show you as well Winston so we can report what we saw.

BTW, we all know that Taiwan is more like Miserable in Hell than Happier Abroad in your particular case. So why in the world is it your next planned destination??? Boggles the mind.
Last edited by Rock on April 21st, 2014, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well Monkro seems to have a novelty appeal in Taiwan. He also has that "computer IT geek" look too that TW girls like.

Why is he only there for 6 weeks? Where is he going after?

Well all the trip reports you relay to me seems to indicate that other than me, EVERY guy does well in Taiwan. It's based on your reports. Why did you say that then? You can't name anyone who couldn't pick up girls in Taiwan.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Well Monkro seems to have a novelty appeal in Taiwan. He also has that "computer IT geek" look too that TW girls like.

Why is he only there for 6 weeks? Where is he going after?

Well all the trip reports you relay to me seems to indicate that other than me, EVERY guy does well in Taiwan. It's based on your reports. Why did you say that then? You can't name anyone who couldn't pick up girls in Taiwan.
Don't be stupid. I have mentioned many times that lots of guys don't do well, that it's a younger mans country, etc. Don't skim, read before you make generalizations. Read your own forum better.

I've never written that EVERY guy does well in Taiwan. Don't lie.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But you implied it. If you say that lots of guys don't do well in Taiwan, then why can't you name any? So far every guy you've named you said did great in Taiwan and picked up some girls.

Ok name some guys that you know of who didn't do well in Taiwan. I mean describe them, not name their real names.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:But you implied it. If you say that lots of guys don't do well in Taiwan, then why can't you name any? So far every guy you've named you said did great in Taiwan and picked up some girls.

Ok name some guys that you know of who didn't do well in Taiwan. I mean describe them, not name their real names.
I did that. There's a long post I wrote a long time ago with something like 10 case studies of guys who did well and 10 more case studies of guys who did not do well. The guys who didn't do well included at least one guy who hangs out at Filippino and Indonesian contract worker hotspots (similar to Falcon) and was even mentioned in one of Git's books. Another one was a blond haired guy I used to work with. Some of the guys who didn't do well just didn't seem to relate to Taiwan girls, Chinese language, etc.

Maybe you can find that post. I kind of wish all my posts on Taiwan were consolidated into one master thread instead of being spread out all over.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

I don't know first hand regarding Taiwan,the only thing i'm sure, is that it's not easy at all..like SK or Singapore,maybe slightly better.
Compared to Western Europe, some guys here are just dreaming for a radical change.
There are no turning over the problem.

I feel you can't put either Taiwan or Western Europe like one is leading clearly for females availability.
They both sucks so why care who is better than the other one.
Do you prefer cancer or heart disease?
collide
Freshman Poster

Post by collide »

Taiwanese girls are not bad outside of Taipei. Girls are quite stuck up in Taipei, but that goes for a lot of high status capital cities.

Kaohsiung on the other hand is more friendly and laid back. It's also not a tourist destination like Taipei is so their view of foreigners is more curious and welcoming. Taipei is filled with young SEA backpackers and even I was annoyed with them.

I should stress that Taiwan is not The Philippines, it's not Thailand, but it's not bad. As for Taiwanese girls being better than European girls, it depends what Europeans you are referring to.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:But you implied it. If you say that lots of guys don't do well in Taiwan, then why can't you name any? So far every guy you've named you said did great in Taiwan and picked up some girls.

I did that. There's a long post I wrote a long time ago with something like 10 case studies of guys who did well and 10 more case studies of guys who did not do well. The guys who didn't do well included at least one guy who hangs out at Filippino and Indonesian contract worker hotspots (similar to Falcon) and was even mentioned in one of Git's books. Another one was a blond haired guy I used to work with. Some of the guys who didn't do well just didn't seem to relate to Taiwan girls, Chinese language, etc.

Maybe you can find that post. I kind of wish all my posts on Taiwan were consolidated into one master thread instead of being spread out all over.
Even if they didn't relate well to Taiwanese girls, why didn't they at least do good in getting casual sex? Taiwan is an easy pick up place right? (sarcastic)

I have trouble relating to them too. The conversation with them doesn't flow as much, and their paranoid uptight vibe doesn't make me feel relaxed.

All your posts are listed here:
search.php?search_author=Rock

However, they are not organized in any way and it is not easy to search them. The Google search box at the top does not index all posts for some reason. I don't know why. If we ever upgrade to a new theme or template, maybe there will be an easier way to find posts or index them.