Common for Filipinas to steal their friends' boyfriends?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Taco wrote:
Hero wrote:Here's an update on my situation. As you recall, I have a Filipina Facebook friend (let's call her friend #1), and one of her friends (let's call her friend #2) requested that I put her on my friends list as well. When I told friend #1 this, she got jealous. The next day, friend #2 had unfriended me. I'm guessing that friend #1 told friend #2 that she'd kick her a** if she didn't back off. Man, there's nothing hotter than 2 women getting into a catfight over you :lol:
Not only will Filipina 1 never talk to Filipina 2 again but also all of her female friends too. Of course, most of the men in Philippines just take advantage of the situation and sleep with all of them. I'm not a cheater and I would encourage guys to stay with one woman especially if she's treating you well and she's committed to you.
You mean that #1 will never chat with all of #2's female friends again? Or none of #2's female friends will talk to #2 again?

Anyway, I wouldn't cheat on a gf, especially not with one of the gf's friends. In retrospect, it was probably a bad idea for me to accept #2's friend request on FB.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Define treating good cause my cebuana is taking care of me how i want but she is boring, we hav enothing in common at all and she is asexual personality. which is causing me to want to cheat or get rid of her constantly. i never felt such an urge even when i was with my f***ing bargirl girlfriend to this level where i was so bored and wanting to cheat lol
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Most Filipinos have a crab mentality built into their personalities due to cultural influences and bad emotion based drama TV they always watch. You have to really weed out the good from the bad as many will pretend to be your friend or help you but will want to take advantage of you in the process to get more from you then what they will give back to you and hope you won't notice or care.

It's okay to deal with the women fighting over you and all that when you are single and not committed but if you do want to get serious with one you really need to cut out all the douchebag user friends and family out of her life cause they will drag you down into their drama-filled BS and even make stuff up if they need to in the process to get their way and they don't care if they destroy relationships or family in the process, its all about me me me in this country.

There are good ones here of course but you need to be cautious and not take everyone for their word here. Many almost always are trying to test you out to see how they can manipulate you. IF you are smarter than them its pretty easy to figure out and you can play mind games with them but if you are the gullible or feel sorry type person than they will use you for sure.

Many of the normal good ones have left the country to work, live, study or immigrate so a lot of the ones here left in the country are the ones who can't make it out for one reason or another. Most of the decent ones are professionals or business people and Western foreigners won't meet them normally unless they get introduced or have been living in the country for a while and network. Visitors and short timers usually end up dealing with the lower classes or lower middle because they are everywhere and usually the ones more inclined to try their luck with a foreigner. Usually middle class and above don't care much about foreigners unless they already know them or meet them through a mutual friend or something.
Last edited by Mr S on March 30th, 2014, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Define treating good cause my cebuana is taking care of me how i want but she is boring, we hav enothing in common at all and she is asexual personality. which is causing me to want to cheat or get rid of her constantly. i never felt such an urge even when i was with my f***ing bargirl girlfriend to this level where i was so bored and wanting to cheat lol
Most Filipinas are boring and have nothing to say, that is one of the major drawbacks to them. They lack original thinking and decent conversation skills beyond, "where are you from, what's your name, are you hungry, what food do you like, etc. Anything beyond this usually makes their head hurt and they turn shy and clam up.

The ones that can hold a conversation would be the ones who graduated from the higher end universities or grew up wealthy so had a privileged life and are more worldly. But even them half the time don't have much to talk about either, its ingrained in their culture or something to not be free thinkers and not to think outside the box, probably due to the Catholic, Protestant, Islam religions here which tell everyone what to do and think.

You can find women to date easily enough in this country but finding a woman that you would be interested in spending time with beyond three days in a row and not drive you crazy or have constant thoughts of how to get rid of her is a major challenge. If you can do that then maybe you have a keeper, if not just keep it casual and not get serious. Remember though that the better well off women will act more Westernized because of their family being able to provide a more Westernized private education so you're still going to deal with a woman that wants her way in many respects just maybe not as hard core as Western women. On the other hand if you go for the simpler provincial or lower social end girls they will be happy to please but will provide little social companionship and may be not too smart or have much common sense in comparison to yourself which will become annoying after a while if you prefer someone a bit more independent and not interdependent on you all the itme.

So just because there are way more datable girls to men here in this country doesn't mean that the quality of the women are that high. It takes a LONG time to find a decent one if you truly care about long-term compatibility in a relationship. Philippines is a casual dating paradise, I wouldn't say it's a decent marriage for life paradise, not by a long shot.

Although as with everything in life it is all relative to the individual and what they desire to have in their life or not.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Define treating good cause my cebuana is taking care of me how i want but she is boring, we hav enothing in common at all and she is asexual personality. which is causing me to want to cheat or get rid of her constantly. i never felt such an urge even when i was with my f***ing bargirl girlfriend to this level where i was so bored and wanting to cheat lol
This is the sort of schizophrenic attitude among the HAs (with the exception of a few) that I find so amusing.

They go to the Philippines, Thailand, China, etc., to find a woman who is "hot" and will "take care of them", yet find the women there boring, lacking conversational skills and commonality.

You want a woman who can carry on interesting conversations and can relate to your western tastes, interests, and way of thinking.....something that only a western woman can fulfill, yet bitterly hate western women and all they represent.

If you want an "Abroad" woman who can carry on intellectual and rational conversations and relate to you, most likely they will be highly westernized and have acquired all the western notions and attitudes. But you don't want a woman who has been "poisoned" and "contaminated" by the western way of thinking.

Then there's the f***ing bargirl / prostitutes who CAN communicate with you. They can because they've been exposed to western men and western culture. Is that what you truly want? Along with the lying, cheating, scamming that accompanies those kind of women?

So why go abroad if you're going to complain about women who can't converse with you or relate to you intellectually and culturally? What's the point of going abroad if you are trying to find a "westernized" woman?

You can't have it both ways and you can't have your cake and eat it too. You went to the Philippines to find a new life. Be satisfied you have (hopefully) a good decent woman who is willing to please you, take care of you and fulfill the domestic duties. And be grateful she's not demanding and difficult to please, like the western women. Okay, she may not be able to carry on a conversation to your intellectual levels or relate to your western experiences, tastes hobbies, interests, etc., but that's what you have your male expat buddies for.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Mr S wrote:
Most Filipinas are boring and have nothing to say, that is one of the major drawbacks to them. They lack original thinking and decent conversation skills beyond, "where are you from, what's your name, are you hungry, what food do you like, etc. Anything beyond this usually makes their head hurt and they turn shy and clam up.

The ones that can hold a conversation would be the ones who graduated from the higher end universities or grew up wealthy so had a privileged life and are more worldly. But even them half the time don't have much to talk about either, its ingrained in their culture or something to not be free thinkers and not to think outside the box, probably due to the Catholic, Protestant, Islam religions here which tell everyone what to do and think.

You can find women to date easily enough in this country but finding a woman that you would be interested in spending time with beyond three days in a row and not drive you crazy or have constant thoughts of how to get rid of her is a major challenge. If you can do that then maybe you have a keeper, if not just keep it casual and not get serious. Remember though that the better well off women will act more Westernized because of their family being able to provide a more Westernized private education so you're still going to deal with a woman that wants her way in many respects just maybe not as hard core as Western women. On the other hand if you go for the simpler provincial or lower social end girls they will be happy to please but will provide little social companionship and may be not too smart or have much common sense in comparison to yourself which will become annoying after a while if you prefer someone a bit more independent and not interdependent on you all the itme.

So just because there are way more datable girls to men here in this country doesn't mean that the quality of the women are that high. It takes a LONG time to find a decent one if you truly care about long-term compatibility in a relationship. Philippines is a casual dating paradise, I wouldn't say it's a decent marriage for life paradise, not by a long shot.

Although as with everything in life it is all relative to the individual and what they desire to have in their life or not.
Mr S: A most thoughtful, insightful and realistic explanation of the Filipino relationship dynamics I've read in a long time. Your advice should be taken seriously by anyone contemplating a relationship with a Filipina or dealing with them.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

"So why go abroad if you're going to complain about women who can't converse with you or relate to you intellectually and culturally? What's the point of going abroad if you are trying to find a 'westernized' woman? "

+1
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I don't think that my friend's friend has given up trying to steal me yet. She unfriended me, but she's still "liking" my Facebook photos. :D
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Mr S wrote:

shes been living in my hotel for 2 months we have lots of fights and even threw her out two times but i realize i wouldn't be happy goin on the dating scene and starting over while im already here on te ground and only have 4 months left. she is sweet to me its just that she is asexual and is critical and gives me attitude i want someoen to stroke my ego and have good chemistry iwth. i dont feel chemistry whenever we do something together like i did with my barhoe. She is 22 and no kids and is cute and she wears my sexy skirt outfits i make her wear and she is good at sex when she is in the mood its just she has asexual tendencies and isn't that romantic or passionate in other ways.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Halwick wrote:
Mr S wrote:

Mr S: A most thoughtful, insightful and realistic explanation of the Filipino relationship dynamics I've read in a long time. Your advice should be taken seriously by anyone contemplating a relationship with a Filipina or dealing with them.
I've realized in life that most people say they want advice and help with whatever but in actuality they just want someone to listen to them and they will still go about doing the same actions and thinking that got them to ask whatever help or advice in the first place. It's more about venting then actually using said advice and changing ones habits and thinking patterns. I've been living in PI for quite a while now and now most of all the social dynamics here and the positives and negatives, however most on the board will gravitate towards those who write about stuff that matches their own fantasies about said place rather than accept reality from those tho have personal experience.

I think in actuality one can find a decent partner in any country if they have the patience and also social intelligence to weed out negative from positive aspects of a person, it's just more difficult in Western countries for various reasons. In foreign countries it just seems better cause the girls seem initially easier to date but once you get to know them many are not much different than the women you left behind in said Western country, they just have a different language and culture and view of the world.

There are positives and negatives to being with an educated woman as well as noneducated. I think its easier in the long run to find decent noneducated or worldly women that one can be with long term than educated ones. Uneducated ones you just have to be willing to entertain yourself at times and pick up the slack in the relationship. Whereas the educated ones may be able to socially entertain you but will in the long run be very demanding on your presence and how it relates to family and social/cultural dynamics which if you don't like putting on shows for people will get annoying, unless you can wear different masks in life. As one gets older and doesn't want to deal with female BS, many guys just turn to the lower end girls cause they are perceived to be less demanding. They just don't put in enough time and effort to finding a decent one though, which is what most older guys have issues with married to poor Asian women. They gravitate to the first women throwing themselves at them and giving them attention they never had in their home country and fall for it all.

In the past though I think guys still had a chance to meet women who worked in bars that could be turned into decent gf's and wives as some were there because of family problems or whatnot and could still be turned if a decent guy showed up in the their life. However, in modern times of smartphones, tablets social networking I don't think those girls are really in the bars anymore, they are more online now webcamming and whatnot. So in a sense it is actually harder to find decent datable women nowadays cause they aren't out n about as much in physical form looking for guys but rather on the internet. If you don't have a long term physical presence in whatever country nowadays trying to do the online thing is going to get rather old quickly. I've noticed the attitude of how Filipinos communicate with themselves and others has changed in the last few years since social media and smart phones have become popularized with everyone here. I see people all the time here glued to their phone or tablet, even in store or while eating they are glued to their stupid phones/tablets and ignoring everyone they are with!

Personally, after dealing with all ends of the social spectrum in PI, I guess even though it goes against what I would truly want in a female, it's probably easier to find and deal with a simpler girl from the province that has some brains and beauty than to deal with a higher educated women who most likely has a demanding family that you can't get away from, and yes the sex Will dry up faster with them than with the simpler girls for sure. Remember in PI everything is about looks not substance so with a higher end girl you will be expected to play your social part in the masquerade, whether you like it or not. At least with the provincial girls you can say f-that and ignore it, although you may not have high end social elite friendships in your circle but oh well. Educated Filipinas are cool to hang with when they are older like 50+ when they don't have family obligations to deal with and their looks have faded so they aren't as demanding, but then again the whole point of being in the PI is to date young supposedly undemanding women right?

So pick your poison carefully guys, whichever country you're in. Females are all the same it's just how they have been conditioned to navigate the culture and laws that best provide for their survival. If America's litigation laws where like they where 50 years ago women in America wouldn't be like they are in the present. It's all relative to social and government pressures. The good, bad and the ugly women are here in PI and remember they are in YOUR home Western country as well.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Mr S wrote:

shes been living in my hotel for 2 months we have lots of fights and even threw her out two times but i realize i wouldn't be happy goin on the dating scene and starting over while im already here on te ground and only have 4 months left. she is sweet to me its just that she is asexual and is critical and gives me attitude i want someoen to stroke my ego and have good chemistry iwth. i dont feel chemistry whenever we do something together like i did with my barhoe. She is 22 and no kids and is cute and she wears my sexy skirt outfits i make her wear and she is good at sex when she is in the mood its just she has asexual tendencies and isn't that romantic or passionate in other ways.
Sorry but you are acting like a fool. If she is good in bed and does what she is told FOR NOW, what is she going to be like if you were to marry or commit to her after a few years or as she ages? What's the point of wasting your tine with someone you are not fully compatible with? Your that lazy? Duh, there are thousands of women to date and be with in PI, that's the whole point of finding the one! IF you lament and say woes me all the time about your current girl yet don't want to do anything about it, it's all your fault not hers. Dump her and find other p***y, stop being lazy. Especially if you have limited time being in the country, your just wasting your time.

You should just go to Angeles city, you can find plenty of halfway decent girls who are good at sex and treat you ok since you won't be staying in PI long term anyways and you don't want to date in the normal way cause you are too lazy. Those girls can stroke your ego and take care of you and hey you may find a better one than what you have now, who knows?

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and be a man, man up and dump that asexual bitch!

There are good bar hoes and bad bar hoes, there are good 'normal ' working women and bad 'normal working women. How you going to find them if you don't get with more chicks? I went through hundreds of Filipinas and I can honestly say maybe less then 10 were GF material. So you sitting on your butt complaining about two women you've been with that didn't work out for you is quite pathetic.

As a man myself that needed to be bitch slapped in the past over stupid female related decisions, I now return the favor to you!

SLAP! Wake the f**k up man!
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Mr S wrote:
Mr S wrote:

Sorry but you are acting like a fool. If she is good in bed and does what she is told FOR NOW, what is she going to be like if you were to marry or commit to her after a few years or as she ages? What's the point of wasting your tine with someone you are not fully compatible with? Your that lazy? Duh, there are thousands of women to date and be with in PI, that's the whole point of finding the one! IF you lament and say woes me all the time about your current girl yet don't want to do anything about it, it's all your fault not hers. Dump her and find other p***y, stop being lazy. Especially if you have limited time being in the country, your just wasting your time.

You should just go to Angeles city, you can find plenty of halfway decent girls who are good at sex and treat you ok since you won't be staying in PI long term anyways and you don't want to date in the normal way cause you are too lazy. Those girls can stroke your ego and take care of you and hey you may find a better one than what you have now, who knows?

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and be a man, man up and dump that asexual bitch!

There are good bar hoes and bad bar hoes, there are good 'normal ' working women and bad 'normal working women. How you going to find them if you don't get with more chicks? I went through hundreds of Filipinas and I can honestly say maybe less then 10 were GF material. So you sitting on your butt complaining about two women you've been with that didn't work out for you is quite pathetic.

As a man myself that needed to be bitch slapped in the past over stupid female related decisions, I now return the favor to you!

SLAP! Wake the f**k up man!

I been to angeles when i first came to the country and it got old real quick being with bar girls. And didn't i mention many times before I truned a bargril into a girlfriend for 1.5 years f***ed her 1000 times but being used as an atm and lied to when i found out what she was doing was too much to bear after awhile. I do have the urge to hit up the bars again though so id at least get some variety but that just gets old after awhile and id be alone in my hotel again lol

see thats the thing you went through hundreds of girls and only a few were girlfriend material. well by the time i find a girl who is girlfriend material im probably gonna be on the plane ready to fly out LOL.

Shes not all that bad she dresses in the sexy skirts i make her wear even sometimes when f***ing and she gets into it partly due to my instruction but she has admitted she doesn't like sex nad only does it for my pleasure and its lead to fights cause she never initiates and doesn't seem to really enjoy it seems to be acting.

im probably not gonna come back for her in 2015. i seem to have that dilemma where i can't break up in person. I may just come back in 2015 or 2016 and just casual date and hit up bars and visit thailand and japan. get some variety in my life. thats very expensive strategy to do it that way hence why i may even skip a year. I really dont see any reason to come back for her. i dont need sex that much since its so expensive. its jut she is already here im out of convneinece lol
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Like many men (most men) your actions are inconsistent with what you say your goals are. You tell her you love her but get annoyed that she doesn't say the same to you - but the reality is that you don't love her.

You say she's good in bed but define her as "asexual" because she doesn't jump you or show the same level of libido that you have. That's not what asexual means. If she's good in bed but not hot enough it most likely means she either isn't that hot for you or more likely that you haven't shown her the emotions that most women need to get that hot. Sure, a bar girl can fake real passion - that's what they're paid for. But a real person either feels it or doesn't - if she doesn't, it's either your fault or time to move on.

You say you fight with her lots have kicked her out twice but again expect her to show you love and passion. Why would anyone in such a circumstance do that?

You say she is boring and you don't have good conversations with her but again you want to pretend that you love each other. If you genuinely love someone, you won't find them boring. That doesn't mean that you have to love a genius/brilliant conversationalist. It means if you truly have emotions for someone, you will be interested in them.

BTW, I always find the postings about "girls are not good enough conversationalists" to be hysterical. If you want intellectual conversations, go to the bar with your male buddies, have a few cold beverages, and pretend you're Carl freaking Sagan or whomever. I was in a long term marriage as are most of my friends. None of them have intellectual conversations with their wives, although most of the wives are quite smart. They talk about their day, what little Johnny did, how the dog took a dump on the carpet, who the neighbor's screwing, etc. My ex-wife had 2 degrees. We never discussed Proust or the Theory of Relativity :) Some day you will have a relationship with someone you really care about and love, and if on top of that the sex is good, you're golden. We talk about the insane expectations of AWs, but how many of us want a girl who cooks, cleans, is a bar hoe in bed, and an intellectual conversationalist, and BTW, she'd better be smoking hot and look good 24/7. That woman doesn't exist.

Whether this girl at 22 is relationship material or not, I don't know (none of us do); we're not there. But from what you've written, you're not interested in a relationship. Enjoy the sex or move on - it's your choice.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I have no problem marrying a girl who's not my intellectual equal. In fact it's better if she's not as smart as I am, because she'll respect me a lot more if I'm the smarter one. I'm 46 and I have fun chatting with my 20-year-old Pinay friend on a wide variety of subjects like cooking, sports, our families, traveling, etc. She can't converse on subjects like history, science, current events etc., but that's OK; I have plenty of friends and co-workers with whom I can discuss those topics. Besides, you certainly can't expect your wife or gf to fulfill all of your needs.

Of course, I need a girl who's not a complete idiot; getting involved with a girl like that can get you into a world of trouble.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote:
BTW, I always find the postings about "girls are not good enough conversationalists" to be hysterical. If you want intellectual conversations, go to the bar with your male buddies, have a few cold beverages, and pretend you're Carl freaking Sagan or whomever.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

With apologies to Art Garfunkel.......

The words of the prophets are written.....

...RIGHT HERE ON HA!!