One negative thing about Pinays...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Dash, there's obviously a big difference between what you and I consider attractive. Maybe filipinas aren't your preference lookswise. Before you were saying that most filipinas don't age well and that nearly everybody here would agree with you. Now you're saying that filipinas in general aren't that attractive.

Let's see some pictures of older filipinas. And let's have a poll.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Johnny1975, OKCupid does not necessarily attract a representative subset of Filipinas. I think the majority who go online go for sites like FC, Cherry Blossoms and perhaps the sluttier ones go for DateinAsia. OK Cupid and Asian Cupid might attract a special subset, I don't know. But anyway, don't trust photos on a website. Chinese websites are full of older gals who airbrush away their flaws, find skilled photographers who can take flattering photos, or just manage to choose photos which hide their flaws.

Come down here to Phils and see it first hand. I've been all over the Philippines. Seen it first hand, from Zamboanga to Baguio. I've also been all over NE and SE Asia. Here's the reality. Majority of Filipinas age badly. They often look middle aged by late 20s/early 30s. Their skin may begin to wrinkle in early to late 20s, especially in eye area. Many get very bad pores and texture issues. Tits sag. Pores get big. Here are some possible causes:

1. Sun: Most people living in provinces get intense exposure to intense tropical sun from an early age. What you absorb even as a child is cumulative and causes aging and skin issues later in life. So even if habits change in 20s, it is too late to counteract the cellular damage which has already been done. Sun exposure damages elastin in your skin. It also breaks down collagen. People with naturally darker skin have more protection from these effects. But Filipinos are mostly Malay, not black. So they are less protected.

2. Toxins: The air here is horrible. If you live in a large urban area like Metro Manila, you breath horrible pollution whenever you ride a jeepney or walk out and about. Those also damage health and contribute to faster aging. Water and food gets effected too. In smaller areas, lots of smoke from cooking hurts your lungs and eyes.

3. Food: The eating habits here are very bad. People eat lots of rice, sugar, and salt. They don't generally get enough protein. And they love to eat junk. It's worse than the States in many ways because healthy options are harder to find, especially outside of major metro areas.

4. Habits: A significant percentage of people smoke here. Smoking is a well known aging accelerator. Many live stressful lives and are forced to work at menial jobs.

5. Genetics: Malay people do not seem to age as well as NE Asians, all else equal. That's been my observation anyway. But in some ways, the seem to age better than whites if you control for 1-4 above.

If you go to Phils and wanna find someone who will age well, you can seek out the exceptions. There are plenty of people with some mix of Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, or even other races who often have some advantage. Also, try to find those who live a middle class lifestyle who haven't had too much sun exposure growing up. And you may wanna see how their moms look for their age.

Some examples:

1. I met a one quarter black, one quarter white, one half Fillipina who at 34 had flawless firm skin, and wonderful 5'9" body, and showed absolutely no signs of aging.

2. I met a half Indian half Pinay girl who looked totally white and very pretty/high class with no apparent aging though she had a tiny bit of acne. That girl was 5'6".

3. One girl I have dated with some Chinese and Spanish blood in her ancestry (was apparent in her appearance too) has a mom who at early 40s is still youthful and sexually appealing.

4. Even some Pinays who don't have clear blood from a non Malay race can age pretty well, especially if they have enjoyed a middle class lifestyle.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Thanks Rock for your constructive comments. Based on.....

1) what you say

2) combined with what I've seen

3) and considering that just because a girl looks good it does not necessarily mean that she modified her photo.......

I would say that yes there are factors that can work against filipinas, but also, that they are genetically of a pretty high standard.

But like I said before, I'm on OKCupid a lot and I'm constantly amazed at their average level of beauty. And yes even the older ones. They have good skin, and they just look more youthful and younger.

Rather than going back and forth, why don't we look at some pictures, if anyone has any.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

dbl
Last edited by Dash on April 21st, 2014, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

Dash wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:Dash, there's obviously a big difference between what you and I consider attractive. Maybe filipinas aren't your preference lookswise. Before you were saying that most filipinas don't age well and that nearly everybody here would agree with you. Now you're saying that filipinas in general aren't that attractive.

Let's see some pictures of older filipinas. And let's have a poll.
I have no preference. Beauty is universal generally speaking (slim faces, larger eyes, symmetrical face, etc) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness

I could post pictures of 8+ black women and 8+ Russian women. They look completely different but would still have the same beauty traits.

Its like the other poster said above me, your Philippines experience and opinion is based on one website. Me and everyone here have browsed way more girls online than you and also been to Philippines in person numerous times.

Looking at random pictures will not prove anything. I can pull up attractive pictures of women as well as ugly pictures of women.

Pinays are not considered attractive on the whole. So you either are being mislead from a select small sample size or you have low standards.

What do you rate these woman?

http://www.filipinocupid.com/en/profile ... total=2079

http://www.filipinocupid.com/en/profile ... total=2079

http://www.filipinocupid.com/en/profile ... htotal=139

http://www.filipinocupid.com/en/profile ... htotal=139
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Dash, it's really not necessary for you to post a link to a definition of physical beauty, thanks all the same.

My opinion of the 4 profiles is (just purely their looks) :

1) Not bad at all. She looks a bit uncomfortable but ignoring that, she's not bad.
2) Not bad
3) Nice
4) Nice

Rock, the 3 profiles that you linked to :

1) She has potential but she needs to sort out her complexion
2) Not bad
3) Quite nice
Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

Johnny1975 wrote:Dash, it's really not necessary for you to post a link to a definition of physical beauty, thanks all the same.

1) Not bad at all. She looks a bit uncomfortable but ignoring that, she's not bad.
2) Not bad
3) Nice
4) Nice

2) Not bad
3) Quite nice
I was meaning numerical number ratings lol
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I think for the most part they age very well up until 45+. But then again that's where most women start to fall off anyway. I live in a rural east coast American town so for me Filipinas age a lot better than what I see on an everyday basis. They remain thin, petite, and tend to have nice skin tones. The down fall is the wider noses and brown skin are terrible looking at old ages 50+. Compared to other parts of the world, I'm not so sure because I've only been to a few countries. I will say this, fitness in the Philippines is lacking so that may equate to the aging process. If you found a filipina and made her become active with you that might change a few things.
Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

hammanta wrote:I think for the most part they age very well up until 45+. But then again that's where most women start to fall off anyway. I live in a rural east coast American town so for me Filipinas age a lot better than what I see on an everyday basis. They remain thin, petite, and tend to have nice skin tones. The down fall is the wider noses and brown skin are terrible looking at old ages 50+. Compared to other parts of the world, I'm not so sure because I've only been to a few countries. I will say this, fitness in the Philippines is lacking so that may equate to the aging process. If you found a filipina and made her become active with you that might change a few things.
You been to the Philippines or just basing this off Pinays you've seen or met in the US?

Pinays hit the wall mid 20's - mid 30's. (your average general Pinay that lives in the Philippines)
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Dash wrote:
hammanta wrote:I think for the most part they age very well up until 45+. But then again that's where most women start to fall off anyway. I live in a rural east coast American town so for me Filipinas age a lot better than what I see on an everyday basis. They remain thin, petite, and tend to have nice skin tones. The down fall is the wider noses and brown skin are terrible looking at old ages 50+. Compared to other parts of the world, I'm not so sure because I've only been to a few countries. I will say this, fitness in the Philippines is lacking so that may equate to the aging process. If you found a filipina and made her become active with you that might change a few things.
You been to the Philippines or just basing this off Pinays you've seen or met in the US?

Pinays hit the wall mid 20's - mid 30's. (your average general Pinay that lives in the Philippines)
I've been there on 3 different occasions, all over Luzon and parts of Mindinao.

I'm young like you, 24, and like I said, I'm from a rural ass town full of rednecks and trailer trash so my opinion maybe slightly skewed due to what I see everyday. But from what I've met both locally and in Philippines, they don't seem that bad as they age. Sure maybe not as good as Japanese and Chinese but good enough for me. My opinions may change as I travel more throughout the world.

By the way, is this Dash that was on the Naughty Nomad forum? Just curious.
Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

hammanta wrote:
Dash wrote:

I'm young like you, 24, and like I said, I'm from a rural a** town full of rednecks and trailer trash so my opinion maybe slightly skewed due to what I see everyday. But from what I've met both locally and in Philippines, they don't seem that bad as they age. Sure maybe not as good as Japanese and Chinese but good enough for me. My opinions may change as I travel more throughout the world.

Interesting. You are in the minority with that opinion. I think your opinion might change later down the line.

Yes, this is the Dash from NN forum.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Johnny1975 wrote:Dash, it's really not necessary for you to post a link to a definition of physical beauty, thanks all the same.

2) Not bad
3) Nice
4) Nice

2) Not bad
3) Quite nice
They are just teens, babies. Yet u can see subtle aging signs already. If I spent more time, I could find more obvious examples. Wait til these gals reach late 20s. You probably won't find them attractive anymore. But if they were NE Asians, they would still look very youthful. Late 20s is supposed to be young. But province girls often loose most of it by then.
Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

Pinays seem to hit the wall around mid-late 20's.

Its a darn shame
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Dash wrote:
hammanta wrote:
Dash wrote:

I'm young like you, 24, and like I said, I'm from a rural a** town full of rednecks and trailer trash so my opinion maybe slightly skewed due to what I see everyday. But from what I've met both locally and in Philippines, they don't seem that bad as they age. Sure maybe not as good as Japanese and Chinese but good enough for me. My opinions may change as I travel more throughout the world.

Interesting. You are in the minority with that opinion. I think your opinion might change later down the line.

Yes, this is the Dash from NN forum.
Perhaps, or perhaps not. Then again I find the body more attractive then I do the face. My biggest problem with most filipinas is that they are so damn petite. I don't mind a 5'3" or 5'2" girl at all, but hell most are like 4'10" and 90lbs with no boobs.

And nice. I thought so. I read a lot of your trip reports. Interesting stuff.