Do Filipinas consider their men The Boss?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
firahs75
Freshman Poster

Re: Do Filipinas consider their men The Boss?

Post by firahs75 »

Balmung wrote:I recently started a relationship with a Filipina while/after visiting her. She sometimes calls me "Don." Not as in Donald, but as in the honorific used in colonial days for the local nobility. (She knows a bit of history.) It's pretty much the equivalent of calling me "my lord" and even though US feminists would be appalled, I love it.
That is the most baller shit ever!!!

Kinda like the Pitcairn Islands where if you knock on the door of a home and the man is not home the wife will inform you "The master is not in"

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

davewe wrote:
Hero wrote:I dated a couple of Filipinas who called me "Boss". Did they really mean it, or are they just trying to play me?
The submissive or non-submissive nature of filipinas gets debated constantly on PI forums with no conclusions. While they definitely want their man to lead, I would be careful about this Asian girls are submissive crap. The best description I have heard is that they want you to lead and make decisions - but you'd better make the right decision :)
My wife is Indonesian. Indonesian women are generally more comfortable with the idea of submitting to their husbands than other women. But if you were to were to tell a group of random Indonesian women on the street, "You need to submit to your husbands" some of them probably would not like it. I don't think you'd get the firestorm from as many of them as you would from a US crowd.

My wife is a kind of proactive person rather than a passive one. Being submissive to me is something she has to choose to do. It's not like some totally automatic thing that's programmed in. Not completely at least. It is good if a woman sees the man being in charge as the norm. But along with that come their ideas of what a man's responsibility is.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I have long conversations with a filipina girl.
She seems a very good girl.
She looks so humble, obedient, and submissive, that she really blows my mind.
There is no such thing in western women, not even one in a million!
I can hardly believe there are such girls.
I am happy to contact her.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I hope there experienced members here to give some advice.

In dating sites, when you do text chatting, how you can check if this filipina would consider her man as boss?

Some girls contact me with 'Hi sir', and I think it is a primal good sign.
Other signs?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

mentor wrote:I hope there experienced members here to give some advice.

In dating sites, when you do text chatting, how you can check if this filipina would consider her man as boss?

Some girls contact me with 'Hi sir', and I think it is a primal good sign.
Other signs?
Don't get too confused. If you ever go to the Philippines you will find that many people will call you Sir or Mister. It is also very common and humorous for Filipinos to call you Sir/Mister and then your first name, as in Sir Dave or Mister Dave.

Yes, it's a nice sign of the culture but doesn't necessarily mean anything about you and her.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I see, just cultural differences.
PFWARD
Freshman Poster

Post by PFWARD »

Submissive, lol, they may act it until they get their hooks into you. They are jealous, insecure control freaks.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Filipinos make women ride in the box of their truck even 80 year old grandmas. The men ride in the cab. This act alone drives home the importance of women rights in the Philippines.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
PFWARD
Freshman Poster

Post by PFWARD »

Taco wrote:Filipinos make women ride in the box of their truck even 80 year old grandmas. The men ride in the cab. This act alone drives home the importance of women rights in the Philippines.
The most common form of transportation is Jeepny's and trykes. Everybody rides in the back of Jeepny's, I have never seen a woman holding onto the back and riding on the outside of it, but I have seen men. I have seen men and woman ride on the top of vehicles, groups of them, but more men then woman definitely. Transportation in the Phill's for the masses would be highly illegal in the west and the way they drive would end up with a life time suspension of your drivers license. Then again, an awful lot don't even bother to get a drivers license. Considering there really isn't child support here, a lot of children are left with the fathers or abandoned on other family members. What do their mothers do? Shack up with another man and start popping out new mouths they can't feed. Never a thought of getting a job to feed the ones they already have. 80 year old grandma, that would be lola, don't kid yourself, that bitch is in control.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I would like to read more opinions on this topic.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

mentor wrote:I would like to read more opinions on this topic.
This thread is over 2 years old. I think that we've gotten all of the opinions that we're going to get.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by mentor »

Hero wrote:My Filipina friend just volunteered to cook for me and wash my clothes by hand for me. She said that there's nothing that she can't do for me. Damn, my ego is growing out of control :D It's good to be king.
Is this nice situation, still the same?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Taco wrote:Filipinos make women ride in the box of their truck even 80 year old grandmas. The men ride in the cab. This act alone drives home the importance of women rights in the Philippines.
A couple years ago, visiting Janet's family in the provinces, we attended an evening fiesta event held at the local high school. Crowded and outdoors; hundreds of people. My MIL somehow obtained a plastic chair and motioned me to sit in it. No way. I insisted she sit there - she wouldn't. So no one used it.

Was this about men, American men, or old American men :) Not sure, but I do know that the women would not sit in the chair.
Last edited by davewe on June 3rd, 2016, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

A filipina, and most other Asian women, will let you feel like the boss and treat you like the boss in public. However, they are cunning and fully maintain the control. Go with it, its a better alternative than a disrespectful bossy western woman.

My Indonesian GF used to ask my permission for everything, apologize profusely, and was truly submissive, but she was rather unique. She also washed my clothes by hand, cooked, cleaned, and sucked me until my eyes popped out!
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

davewe wrote:
A couple years ago, visiting Janet's family in the provinces, we attended an evening fiesta event held at the local high school. Crowded and outdoors; hundreds of people. My MIL somehow obtained a plastic chair and motioned me to sit in it. Now way. I insisted she sit there - she wouldn't. So no one used it.

Was this about men, American men, or old American men :) Not sure, but I do know that the women would not sit in the chair.

I guess a man feels like a king in such situations...
I hope there are a lot of such incidents, even though we don't take advantage.