Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How can I help a Filipina immigrate to the USA?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How can I help a Filipina immigrate to the USA?

Postby Hero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:13 pm

My Filipina friend is having trouble finding work in the Philippines due to her age. She's desperate for work, even as a maid or nanny. How would I go about helping her find work in the USA?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Re: How can I help a Filipina immigrate to the USA?

Postby OutWest » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Hero wrote:My Filipina friend is having trouble finding work in the Philippines due to her age. She's desperate for work, even as a maid or nanny. How would I go about helping her find work in the USA?

Sorry to say, your odds are not long- they are nearly zero. The fact that you need a job is not
a reason that US Immigration will allow in issuing a visa. Unless you are a Doctor, Nurse (Who has
passed US Nursing Board tests) or some other in-demand professional, you are out of luck.

Of course, marriage related visas are still possible.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: How can I help a Filipina immigrate to the USA?

Postby Hero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 pm

OutWest wrote:Sorry to say, your odds are not long- they are nearly zero. The fact that you need a job is not
a reason that US Immigration will allow in issuing a visa. Unless you are a Doctor, Nurse (Who has
passed US Nursing Board tests) or some other in-demand professional, you are out of luck.

Of course, marriage related visas are still possible.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. She's pushing 40, so a marriage is pretty much out of the question. She's pretty much screwed.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Visa

Postby davewe » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:53 pm

The odds to the US are not good but there are work visas to canada and many other countries which if she is 40 she knows about. Why does it have to be the US?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Visa

Postby Hero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:58 pm

davewe wrote:The odds to the US are not good but there are work visas to canada and many other countries which if she is 40 she knows about. Why does it have to be the US?

She's probably looking in other countries too. But I'm sure the USA is her first choice. Everyone knows it's the best country in the world for women.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby pandabear » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:52 pm

How so?
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby Hero » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:54 pm

pandabear wrote:How so?

How so? In the USA, a woman doesn't have to be a virgin to get a great guy; she doesn't even have to be childless. And she doesn't have to be particularly young, either. She can be 30, 40, or even 50 years old and still be considered hot stuff. She doesn't even have to be slim or beautiful. Once a woman in the USA marries her sucker, she has the option of divorcing him and taking away his money, his home, and his kids for any reason, or no reason at all. She can even kill her kids and husbands with complete impunity. She will get all clasorts of support and nurturing in school, at the expense of her male classmates who are despised by the teachers and professors. She'll make out like a bandit when she buys health insurance, because her birth control expenses will be subsidized by everyone else. Did I miss anything?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand