Employment In The Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
mlauzon
Freshman Poster

Employment In The Philippines?

Post by mlauzon »

Where is the best place to find employment opportunities in the Philippines? I've got 20 years of Customer Service experience in various industries.
Michael

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Anything that's in short supply anywhere else - e.g. IT, medical, oil exploration, that kind of thing.

I got offered a job there last year, but it was for a pretty low salary and the contract terms weren't great.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
mlauzon
Freshman Poster

Post by mlauzon »

That didn't answer my question at all.
Michael
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

xiongmao wrote:Anything that's in short supply anywhere else - e.g. IT, medical, oil exploration, that kind of thing.

I got offered a job there last year, but it was for a pretty low salary and the contract terms weren't great.
Well, I'm not so sure about that. Oil exploration isn't really happening in the Philippines, is it?
Also, IT and programming is not the best field to get into considering the vast amount of competition out there from Indians, Russians, Chinese, Filipinos, and on and on...Everyone can go online and offer virtual programming and tech services these days. Medical- possibly, at least it can't be outsourced. Science and engineering- yes, certainly in some fields this area are lucrative. Customer service?- well you can work at a call center or do virtual sales calls from your PC (telemarketing, sales, etc.) Farming? That's an option and has been for thousands of years. Small business (café/small restaurant/small shop) also an option in most countries- the less regulation and requirements, the easier it is to set up.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Employment In The Philippines?

Post by davewe »

mlauzon wrote:Where is the best place to find employment opportunities in the Philippines? I've got 20 years of Customer Service experience in various industries.
I don't want to tell you that it doesn't exist, because it does, though its rare. You might work at a call center but at the equivalent of $400/month do you want to? Most guys I know who work there have online employment. Most guys I know there who have businesses - the business either fails or they make enough to keep busy in their retirement or keep their wife busy. Most guys do not come to the Philippines to find employment. YMMV.
mlauzon
Freshman Poster

Re: Employment In The Philippines?

Post by mlauzon »

davewe wrote:
mlauzon wrote:Where is the best place to find employment opportunities in the Philippines? I've got 20 years of Customer Service experience in various industries.
You might work at a call center but at the equivalent of $400/month do you want to?
I was on government assistance which is not much more than that a month, and I'm in Canada. I'm not working right now, but am starting a job with NAME (North American Midway Entertainment) in early June that could be up to 5 - 6 months work.
davewe wrote:Most guys I know who work there have online employment. Most guys I know there who have businesses - the business either fails or they make enough to keep busy in their retirement or keep their wife busy. Most guys do not come to the Philippines to find employment. YMMV.
I'm also going for a woman, as my friend is setting me up with her niece, so because of the redone immigration laws in Canada, it'd be better that I stay there if we hit it off for a few years, then bring her to Canada.

I think with my experience that a manager in a call centre may be possible.
Michael
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Americans do get hired for call center management there. Good choice.

Good luck.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

{duplicate post}
Last edited by Jester on May 8th, 2014, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

lol at wanting to work in phi.

not really realistic man.

phi is for PLAY. make your money else where and spend it in Phi.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Nah, there's ways to make money there too.

Whats the point of enjoying life in the Philippines for 2 months a year and spending the other 10 months in some hell hole making money but being miserable?
Why not be happy in the Philippines all year long? The key is minimalism. If you want that smart phone, new car, fancy condo, and expensive booze...you will never have it. Just learn to live with less. Oh, and if the girls aren't satisfied with you having a regular apartment and normal clothes...then they're not quality girls anyways. Only gold diggers care if you have the latest smartphone/car/gold watch/top shelf booze/etc.

If you work hard and have a decent education/good profession, you can certainly afford a place to live, clean clothes, fresh food, and perhaps a normal car. What more do you need?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Hi you can get job easily in Philippines in Call Center Industry. PH is the number call center destination in the world and if you have North American accent you would be hired easily and they will sponsor you work visa.

These are the two site

http://ph.jobsdb.com/ph

http://www.jobstreet.com.ph/

You have to be in PH and apply personally to be successful, If you have 10+ years exp. You will get 60k as accent trainer or Team Lead or Product Manager above 80+ K pesos which is more than enough.

One of my friends got a job this way. You have to be in Manila which is the center and in 2-3 months you will get the job guaranteed. Most don't ask for visa for interview, if asked, you can tell you have a fiance in PH and getting married soon but would like work permit etc ...They will sponsor you.

There are over 1000+ companies from US and Canada in PH...you can also apply in Canada and come here ...

By the way this is for all guys from North America who are looking for job in Philippines....Its not 20k Its 60k plus for guys from America.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

This recruitment company looks interesting, too.

http://www.chalre.com/

It's manned by a Filipina and her husband, a Canadian.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Me and my wife ran a small store in Cebu for a while which made us a net profit of $500 a month.

Here's a list of call centers in Cebu if your interested.

Cebu Call Centers
http://callcenterlifestyle.blogspot.com ... nters.html
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

starchild5 wrote:Hi you can get job easily in Philippines in Call Center Industry. PH is the number call center destination in the world and if you have North American accent you would be hired easily and they will sponsor you work visa.

These are the two site

http://ph.jobsdb.com/ph

http://www.jobstreet.com.ph/

You have to be in PH and apply personally to be successful, If you have 10+ years exp. You will get 60k as accent trainer or Team Lead or Product Manager above 80+ K pesos which is more than enough.

One of my friends got a job this way. You have to be in Manila which is the center and in 2-3 months you will get the job guaranteed. Most don't ask for visa for interview, if asked, you can tell you have a fiance in PH and getting married soon but would like work permit etc ...They will sponsor you.

There are over 1000+ companies from US and Canada in PH...you can also apply in Canada and come here ...

By the way this is for all guys from North America who are looking for job in Philippines....Its not 20k Its 60k plus for guys from America.
But if you're trying to make the bigger call center money you are talking about living in Manila, which means your expenses are also much larger. Plus call center jobs aren't exactly a walk in the park. Longer hours than in the West. Not saying it can't be done, but it's not easy and unlike the West there are no backup social programs. Meaning that if you lose your job there is no unemployment or food stamps to fall back on.

To the OP - good luck - but do your research before you really decide you can earn a living in a 3rd world country.
Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

ive asked tons of call center girls if foreigners (westerners) are working there and all said no.

besides who wants to work crazy hours for 500 bucks a month?