Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Initially fascinated by Chinese women and now turned off?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Falcon » Sat May 17, 2014 11:41 am

Winston wrote:Then the problem is obvious. Stop choosing Chinese ladies who are doctors and dentists. Those types are very career oriented and will raise their family the same way in a highly regimented manner. Why don't you try to find Chinese ladies who are good looking and more open minded? Forget their education.

I think in general, it will be hard to relate to Chinese women unless you are very materialistic and career-oriented like they are. You might be able to find some with a hippie mentality, but that will be harder.

The materialistic career-oriented types will raise their kids the same way, in a high strict regimented style where the goal is for them to go to Stanford or Berkeley and become doctors and engineers. It's really stupid, but that is their way.

Winston, if that's the case, then I don't get why you still seem to want to meet a lot of beautiful Chinese ladies instead of Filipinas?
Experienced Poster

Postby Falcon » Sat May 17, 2014 11:53 am

Having conversations (everyday small talk) with many Chinese can be extremely predictable. They all ask me the same questions. Their responses are so predictable. They say the same things in the same ways, over and over again. I am increasingly beginning to dread small talk with them.

At least with Filipinas/Filipinos and most other SE Asians, they often say something creative, unexpected, and funny, even if they don't seem to be very intelligent or knowledgeable.
Experienced Poster

Postby Taco » Sat May 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Chinese women are raised differently than other women because they grow up in 1 child families. This means the grandparents and mother are showering them with attention 24/7 while they usually have a strained relationship with their father which is bad news for their future husband.

Filipinas on the other hand usually have other siblings and family they have to take care of. In addition, life for women in the Philippines is difficult they get no special treatment and don't expect it which is good news for their future husband.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby sea_dragon » Thu May 22, 2014 11:11 am

I am more interested in Northeastern Asian women of similar background to myself. So I wouldn't mind if they are from Northern China, Eastern China (around Shanghai if you guys are confused), Korea or Japan. Southern Chinese women look more like Filipinas, Vietnamese and Thais. With an incredibly bitchy personality after being raised and grew up around them (majority of Chinese-Americans are of Cantonese descent, I find them to be loud, obnoxious and annoying, along with their stifling conservatism and very superstitious). They are attractive, but I would not marry them or have a long-term relationship. If I wanted a southern Chinese-looking woman, I'd go to somewhere in Thailand or Vietnam.
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand