Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

7 Reasons to Marry a Cambodian

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

7 Reasons to Marry a Cambodian

Postby pandabear » Sun May 18, 2014 1:32 pm

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby Taco » Sun May 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Generally speaking I would have to agree with this article. However, one thing I don't like is listening to the Khmer language being spoken it just sounds weird to me.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 7 Reasons to Marry a Cambodian

Postby Jester » Sun May 18, 2014 8:05 pm

pandabear wrote:
This one is pretty good.

http://www.khmer440.com/k/2011/08/7-rea ... cambodian/

"Good", HELL, it's GREAT!!

Cambodia is like a Bizarro world, where everything I know about the pursuit of women is the opposite of how it is in the Western world. I’ve actually had several beautiful young Cambodian women profess their desire to marry me while gazing at my with lust in their eyes. OK, maybe it wasn’t lust. It was more like the look in the eyes of a puppy who wants to be saved from the dog pound. Close enough. My point is that they want me so bad.

Western girls grow up living in nice houses already, surrounded by pink walls and stuffed animals, dreaming of marrying a prince. A f***ing prince. I can’t compete with that.

So If I marry a nice Cambodian woman, my friends and family would finally stop whispering “Do you think he’s gay?â€￾ Instead, they would whisper, “Do you think his wife was a hooker?â€￾ I’d say that’s an improvement.

all of my close friends slowly got married and started families. We don’t hang out anymore. I only hear about them through their wives’ annoying Facebook updates.

To borrow a term from comedian Chris Rock, Cambodian women are “low expectation havin’ motherfuckers.â€￾ I am confident that I could meet their incredibly low expectations. My Cambodian wife would immediately be wealthier than she ever imagined. We would live in a nicer house than she ever dreamed of. We’d have windows and everything.

Although Cambodia is my favorite destination, many of you know that I sometimes vacation in other unusual countries, just so my co-workers think I’m an “adventurous world travellerâ€￾ rather than a “that unmarried weirdo who visits Cambodia twice a year.â€￾ This diversion tactic has taken me to some real shitholes over the last few years. Libya. El Salvador. Nigeria. Belgium.

Honesty and humility ====>> GREAT WRITING
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cam Girls vs Viet Girls

Postby Jester » Sun May 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Taco wrote:Generally speaking I would have to agree with this article. However, one thing I don't like is listening to the Khmer language being spoken it just sounds weird to me.

If I rememe\ber correctly, Steven Yang sad in his book "Butterfly", that he like Viet girls melodious voices much better than Khmer girls.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 7 Reasons to Marry a Cambodian

Postby Rocky Top » Sun May 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Postby pandabear » Mon May 19, 2014 12:14 am

He is hilarious.

"Really, a white guy marrying a Cambodian woman and decreeing “but I’ll never give you a half-white babyâ€￾ is like Julia Child marrying a fat man and declaring “but I’ll never cook for you.â€￾ I just couldn’t do that. It’s a dick move."
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby pandabear » Mon May 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Reading through the comments--a lot of people have no sense of humor at all.

But, here is one comment that should be encouraging:

I like your article. I hope you can find a good Cambodian wife. I’m Cambodian. I don’t know about other, but for me, I’d marry a man just for one reason is love. I would never marry anyone if I don’t love them either I would never marry anyone if they don’t love me. You are wrong, I have a high expectation in life, but I don’t expect it from my husband, I just want to build my best future on my own and I struggle for it. A husband is a father and is a god, so a big gape of age is not a mater for us. I’m 26 and my beloved one is 42. I cherish him very much just because he’s the best one in my life and is a perfect guy. He’s not a prince, but I glorify him like a god.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby In2dadark » Wed May 28, 2014 5:37 pm

"Yes, my sweet Cambodian wife would be blissfully unaware that she married a total nutcase. Instead of confronting me about my abnormalities, a Cambodian wife would just silently observe my odd behaviors. Then she would call her sister and say “Foreigners are crazy.â€￾
--------------------

So you're saying there's a chance... :)
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand