Filipina MYTHS

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I don't know if the secret is out or what, but the truth is.... Philippines has been on the single man's radar for as least as long as you have been alive newlife.... Just saying.

Sure men talk up easy to knock down bar girls and say it's their GF and hide the fact they met them in a bar where prostitution happens. That said, if you go out into the country you'll find available women with little options. It seems to me you are also painting PI women as not being better than American women.

They aren't different! If we're talking about women need basic economic security to have children, then most women feel they need a man that's productive.

You are the one that defines that threshold. In other words, women in most countries, especially poor ones simply cost less.

The fact they want Westerners and men with access to the first world shouldn't shock anybody. I always laugh when men believe that it's only because they love you that they will follow you down a rabbit hole. They are looking at the chance to leave poverty in most cases, you would compromise a bit too if faced with the same decision.

That's not to say they don't love you; your welcome to "sh*t" test them if you want to stay in their country and live off the land. The reaction to that will vary by woman, but most looking for Western men are also looking to get out of their country. When Mark went looking for a wife, he wanted one that would come back to the US with him.

In fact this is the case with most men because they make their money in the US. They don't have jobs that can be done with an internet connection and a laptop and no intention of leaving their current job to do that.

About looks. I keep it simple, if you like what you like, then do you dog, I don't care, but don't post a picture of your girl online and expect not to get any feedback....
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

starchild5 wrote:I think its the timing. The secret is out, in less than 4-5 years, the game has changed.

2014 and I'm having really hard time finding a date itself...It seems the entire Europe and America is here...Earlier, I could see no more than 10 gold or platinum packages on cupid...Now its like 500...Guys from even Belgium, Switzerland are showing up.

Now, It seems, the entire single western world knows about it...Its not a paradise anymore, The secret is out..

Now, some girls have attitude and give negative reply as well, I can't believe Filipinas could turn so cold on me, when they have choices now. Even on my last trip just six month back, and now, it has become worse.....

Now, they ask too many questions, want to first meet in a mall etc etc etc...The list of questions they ask is just way too long....Your perception of PH now is true but earlier it was not the case at all...
Yeah, I noticed that too. I went 8 years ago, and getting girls was like shooting fish in a barrel... but when I went 2 years ago, I had much worse luck. Maybe we just have to get away from the big cities like Cebu and Manila.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

starchild5 wrote:I think its the timing. The secret is out, in less than 4-5 years, the game has changed. Being from India, a lowest common denominator in dating. I don't have anything to offer to Filipinas, not money, not looks, no visa..yet on my very first trip as I had written before...I had a blast. I dated super hot filipinas, regular filipinas for free and some for taxi fare and dinner etc....I couldn't believe what was happening to me...They will just come to my condo..Just like that..I swear...

Thailand acted as a shield for western guys to find out about Philippines. I really went to PH, because 4-5 years back, that was I could afford it, plus visa could be extended for long. Thailand was very racist towards Indians...My third world income supported my long term stay plans in the Philippines.

2014 and I'm having really hard time finding a date itself...It seems the entire Europe and America is here...Earlier, I could see no more than 10 gold or platinum packages on cupid...Now its like 500...Guys from even Belgium, Switzerland are showing up.

I can feel it as I'm the lowest common denominator to measure...Who would want an Indian now? when they have Americans and Europeans on offer...earlier, no one knew much about the Philippines...Thats when Winston went to PH and had a great time, so did others....

Now, It seems, the entire single western world knows about it...Its not a paradise anymore, The secret is out..My days are numbered...I'm holding on to the ones I could get...Its slowly beginning to feel like India with the girls attitude here towards me...:( ....even though with hard work I still manage to find few dates its no way near like before...but those who are coming new to PH would not feel the difference as they would be happy to get whats on offer, if they had bad dating life back home..

Now, some girls have attitude and give negative reply as well, I can't believe Filipinas could turn so cold on me, when they have choices now. Even on my last trip just six month back, and now, it has become worse.....

Now, they ask too many questions, want to first meet in a mall etc etc etc...The list of questions they ask is just way too long....Your perception of PH now is true but earlier it was not the case at all...The girls now, have far more to choose from than a lowly Indian guy like me....I can feel the difference and its not a good feeling at all...and now every other American wants to be in Philippines atleast once...I'm slowly becoming invisible here :(
How are you approaching the girls? What age range are you targeting?

I haven't been to the Philippines in two years but I am planning to visit in January of 2015. I will check out a few dating sites to see what vibe I get from the girls. Take into consideration that a normal girl will not have the time to be online looking for a man on Cupid. If the girl is the eldest female or Ate, she will be like a second mother to her younger siblings. A girl like this will not have much time to be online.

Although I do respect what you say, there are many places in the Philippines where foreigners are not aware of or unwilling to go to. I believe you mentioned that you were in the Manila area in another post. Have you ventured out to the provinces? Jump on a plane and get out of the city. The air quality will be better and you should have more success with females.

On another note, stop putting yourself down by saying that you are lowly. Indian men might not have the best reputation in SE Asia but they are known as hard working people in the West.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Hero wrote:
starchild5 wrote:I think its the timing. The secret is out, in less than 4-5 years, the game has changed.

Now, It seems, the entire single western world knows about it...Its not a paradise anymore, The secret is out..

Now, they ask too many questions, want to first meet in a mall etc etc etc...The list of questions they ask is just way too long....Your perception of PH now is true but earlier it was not the case at all...
Yeah, I noticed that too. I went 8 years ago, and getting girls was like shooting fish in a barrel... but when I went 2 years ago, I had much worse luck. Maybe we just have to get away from the big cities like Cebu and Manila.
There are way too many foreigners in Manila now so the novelty is no longer there. I walked through the Mall of Asia with my female friends and didn't get a second look. Once I left Manila, then I stood out and had people staring at me :shock:

I will still say that the provinces haven't been tarnished too badly by mongers yet
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Array9 wrote:I will still say that the provinces haven't been tarnished too badly by mongers yet
The province is best, yes. Fresh air, cleaner living, more nature around. The city is dirty, crowded and full of degenerates usually. If staying long-term is the goal, the smartest move anyone can ever make is going to more rural areas. Find your own little paradise somewhere on the Chinese sea, high up in the mountains with waterfalls everywhere, along the coastline of Cebu or what-have-you. It really is a varied and beautiful country.

If it is long-term what people want, here is my ideal checklist:

1: The girl has to be smart and interesting enough personality wise. Sure she can be pretty but that's not the most important. Pretty dumb girls get ugly, and remain dumb, whereas average smart girls get just as ugly yet remain smart.

2: The girl has to be young. Thus ensuring there will be no or very little baggage, no exes, no past, no children with other men and no secret lovers you won't know about.

So, forget about just looks alone people. But ensure you go to a good location and find a girl who is quality on several levels. This is key.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Array9 wrote:I will still say that the provinces haven't been tarnished too badly by mongers yet
The province is best, yes. Fresh air, cleaner living, more nature around. The city is dirty, crowded and full of degenerates usually. If staying long-term is the goal, the smartest move anyone can ever make is going to more rural areas. Find your own little paradise somewhere on the Chinese sea, high up in the mountains with waterfalls everywhere, along the coastline of Cebu or what-have-you. It really is a varied and beautiful country.

1: The girl has to be smart and interesting enough personality wise. Sure she can be pretty but that's not the most important. Pretty dumb girls get ugly, and remain dumb, whereas average smart girls get just as ugly yet remain smart.

2: The girl has to be young. Thus ensuring there will be no or very little baggage, no exes, no past, no children with other men and no secret lovers you won't know about.

So, forget about just looks alone people. But ensure you go to a good location and find a girl who is quality on several levels. This is key.
Marcos, you know these guys aren't considering looks at all, look at the women they post on here!

None of them are stunners by any stretch. Pleasant looking and all that, but the majority of need makeup to make them look beyond just the average looking women they are.

I think the real issue here is low hanging fruit. Bar girls would be fruit on the ground...
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

MarcosZeitola wrote:

alot of the young girls are not ready for a relationship with a foreigner the "im shy" or "im a virgin" etc is not for many of our tastes especially if not looking for a wife. Also not all of us are looking for a wife so looks do play a role since were not marrying htem. but if your looking for a wife i agree personality is important. its even important for me which is why i get bored of my girl cause she is a retard and doesn't enjoy sex that much (although is learning to act lol) and we dont click sometimes. shes ok and treats me good overall though.

Ive heard the girls are even flakier in mindanao about showing up etc so im not sure if thats an answer either about going off in teh provinces where there is less foreingers. but i did notice on the ating site all the girls willing to meet who were very attractive were often outside the main cities (sometimes just outside it) cause most foreigners probably also weren't willing to meet them either i dont know? i usually blow them off saying they are too far and they say oh your lookign for companion.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

I haven't been to the Philippines yet, but I can say that I definitely did not enjoy the dating sites. I do have a couple of girls that say that they will meet up with me (we'll see), but my time on the dating sites has significantly lowered my expectations.

Again, I'm not going there looking for sex and I've traveled a lot solo so I'm perfectly capable of enjoying a country on my own. So no worries either way.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Maverick wrote:I haven't been to the Philippines yet, but I can say that I definitely did not enjoy the dating sites. I do have a couple of girls that say that they will meet up with me (we'll see), but my time on the dating sites has significantly lowered my expectations.

Again, I'm not going there looking for sex and I've traveled a lot solo so I'm perfectly capable of enjoying a country on my own. So no worries either way.
chances are some will flake or lose interest by the time you get there or they will have an excuse etc so make sure you have a lot of backups. But there will be some girls who show up and really like you with little effort only one i considered high quality the nurse girl. She replied to me yeserday so i might set up a secret meeting with her if she takes the hook (ill update if i get to see her) i got her to meet me at briefly when we last had a fight with my gf. Its ok for us guys to do that cause were the ones in limited supply but its surprising to see the lack of effort on part of the women lso. LIke i said only the freelance prostitutes, milfs, ugly (or borderline average below 6.5), old, or from a distance away are persistent in meeting or willing to meet off teh cuff. Even most poor uneducated girls who are hot wont meet off the cuff quickly unless they are a freelance prostitute. The rest you have to court a over a few days via long chats or camera and that is if your lucky. Freelancer prostitutes are very common in teh dating sites, id say a large percentage who wind up wanting to meet you are that but its easy to filter them out usually they ask for money, have their phone number on their profile or give it to you rigth away, or have trashy photos or are willing to meet you at hotel first. You can invite them to your hotel on the front and they sometimes come but if they want to know where your staying and invite themselves thats a prostitute lol regular girls usually mention mall or are shy to go to hotel unless you say front of it and tehy know you well on cam.

This site is happier abroad most of us are not looking to travel like a hippy backpacker. If the dating sites are a minefield we lose our motivation to want to come in the first place. Sure we could daygame but its not really my style and i have to wonder how hard it is to get a hot woman that way if the dating sites have such degenerates lol
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on June 19th, 2014, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Maverick wrote:I haven't been to the Philippines yet, but I can say that I definitely did not enjoy the dating sites. I do have a couple of girls that say that they will meet up with me (we'll see), but my time on the dating sites has significantly lowered my expectations.

chances are some will flake or lose interest by the time you get there or they will have an excuse etc so make sure you have a lot of backups. But there will be some girls who show up and really like you with little effort only one i considered high quality the nurse girl. She replied to me yeserday so i might set up a secret meeting with her if she takes the hook (ill update if i get to see her) i got her to meet me at briefly when we last had a fight with my gf. Its ok for us guys to do that cause were the ones in limited supply but its surprising to see the lack of effort on part of the women lso. LIke i said only the freelance hoes, milfs, ugly (or borderline average below 6.5), old, or from a distance away are persistent in meeting or willing to meet off teh cuff. The rest you have to court a over a few days via long chats or camera.

thats ok for a first trip but once you seen the sites after a few days boredom and depressiona nd lonliness set in and frustration cause you are so far from home. Which usually ends up with guys spending most of their first or at least their 2nd trip in the bars out of frustration with the dating sites.
Well, I'm not really going "solo". I'm going with a buddy. Also, I plan on cold approaching when I get there. I'm a pretty outgoing guy.

Would you believe that I probably do just as good if not better in bars in the US than I do on the Filipina dating sites? LOL. Maybe I'm just an "in person" kind of guy.

Definitely won't be going to the bars. I'd rather be alone than do that.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

i edited that last part. guys here are not looking for tourist sites were looking for women so if your gonna wind up alone that proves the point LOL It seems like cold approaching is almost a necessity here if you want some decent hot women. if you rely on dating sites its a lot of frustration.

why are guys living here for years always alone if its so easy to ge ta hot woman? I know countless guys living here for years who are single. Some paradies....
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

The nurse girl is willing to meet me (again only briefly for a few minutes during a fight a couple months ago cause i decided to go back to my gf before she arrived). She knows i have a girlfriend but is willing to meet me when i go off alone i a few days. She broke up with her foreigner before cause he was keeping secrets. I asked her why she want to meet me if i have girlfriend she goes i dont know we were friends before. I told her the situation that im not in love or chemistry with this girl etc but that she is a good girl and all. Ill have to update the situation later, there may be a break in this story at the last minute. shes the only girl i know online that always wanted to talk with me that was high quality. should have met her for a quick visit instead of going for the girl w ho met met at an airport. nothing probably will come from this but id like to say at least i met her in a solid environment before i go home.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hey, have any of you tried hanging out near a college or university in the Philippines to meet girls? Details please :)
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Hero wrote:Hey, have any of you tried hanging out near a college or university in the Philippines to meet girls? Details please :)
I have visited the campus several times with my girlfriend, who now is my wife. As I did, I got a lot of looks from Filipina students. Many of whom have no need for a foreigner for financial reasons as they are educated and often from a middle class background as it would otherwise be difficult for them to go into university in the first place. If this type of girl like you, you can be certain she likes you for YOU, not your wallet.

You'd have to be relatively young to pull this off, however. If you are well above thirty there comes a point where hanging around such places becomes creepy. But a semi-good looking, young foreign guy would do very well on a university campus.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Hero wrote:Hey, have any of you tried hanging out near a college or university in the Philippines to meet girls? Details please :)
I have visited the campus several times with my girlfriend, who now is my wife. As I did, I got a lot of looks from Filipina students. Many of whom have no need for a foreigner for financial reasons as they are educated and often from a middle class background as it would otherwise be difficult for them to go into university in the first place. If this type of girl like you, you can be certain she likes you for YOU, not your wallet.

You'd have to be relatively young to pull this off, however. If you are well above thirty there comes a point where hanging around such places becomes creepy. But a semi-good looking, young foreign guy would do very well on a university campus.
Really? Seems to me that there are a lot of poor girls who still manage to scrape together enough $$$ to go to college.