Filipina MYTHS

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Filipina MYTHS

Post by mentor »

Mr S, your thorough analysis was extraordinary, and very deep.
The education system, schools, make use of english or filipino language?

I could not imagine that 'english' and 'internet' could ruin a place which is almost paradise for men, who still looking for women with respect to men and traditional values.

Of course, I had already understand how bad is globalisation is in these topics. They seem to use all the new tools, to make people all over the world homogenized.

For now filipina girls seems to be a good choice, but in the future possibly not.

I have observed such bad 'changes' in other countries too, like Poland, before and after 2010.

Bad facts and I don't know if this could ever stop, or we should look for rather isolated places, to be and feel like real man, with a surrounding of good women.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

mentor wrote: I have observed such bad 'changes' in other countries too, like Poland, before and after 2010.
What happened in Poland?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Poland was a good place for men, until 2010 or around this date.
Then the whole place seems to be vastly 'westernized' as some friends of mine who go there, told me.
Multinational corporations gone there, girls became more independent, more jobs, more money, social media, lots of cheap flights, etc, and the place maybe not be 'bad', but surely the old times' men's paradise has gone forever.

Globalization ruins the countries -from several aspects- almost the same ways.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

They're being taught both in English and Tagalog, the official national languages of the Philippines. However, depending on the school and province, there may be more than the other. Public schools will probably speak and teach more subjects in Tagalog or Visayan than in English and the private schools will mainly teach in English and have classes on Tagalog/Visayan. I believe The core classes are being taught in English while classes related to the Philippines is in Tagalog. There are separate classes for English and Tagalog instruction as well.

My kid attends a private school so all her peers come from the middle class or above and they generally speak English first and Tagalog as a side note. The middle and upper classes tend to speak English more to differentiate themselves from the lower classes as well as give their kids a leg up with mastery of English.

The class/social divide in this country is quite noticeable. I really don't belong to the upper classes here but because I'm a foreigner and make roughly the same or near to them, I can hang with them; although under normal circumstances I generally don't fit in with upper class Filipinos and their hierarchical society. It's like being in the states and trying to hang with the 150k+ a year crowd. If you didn't grow up like that or around that kind of money then you feel out of place, not much different in foreign countries even if the people appear polite like in the Philippines, they kind of just tolerate you.

When I have to attend school functions I'm pretty much ignored or if they initiate small talk it's just to bide time until they can talk to someone more familiar to them. If you try to talk about anything rational or controversial or out of the norm their eyes glaze over and they disengage. Basically, all they talk about is superficial stuff with little relevance to the world other than making themselves look important. It's a keeping up with the Jones mentality and showing off any new toys they may own to designate their status to society. I find it annoying since I am not materialistic and shallow. So I just have learned to grin and bare it. This in one reason I've lost interest in Filipinos for the most part. The lower social classes are too ignorant and the upper ones think they know everything and follow whatever is socially in vogue to show off.

I'm more of an intellectual and rationalist than an emotionalist/superficial, so I'd need to find cultures that cater to that type of demographic. The Philippines is okay for many personality types, it just doesn't suit mine. Although I can tolerate and deal with things here, I'm having a tough time keeping my sanity. I'd rather tough it out in an alien culture and language with people that are more stoic and less emotional. That's why probably Eastern Europe is a better fit for me than her in PI, but I'll have to check it out first before i make any hard choices in the future.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

mentor wrote:Poland was a good place for men, until 2010 or around this date.
Then the whole place seems to be vastly 'westernized' as some friends of mine who go there, told me.
Multinational corporations gone there, girls became more independent, more jobs, more money, social media, lots of cheap flights, etc, and the place maybe not be 'bad', but surely the old times' men's paradise has gone forever.

Globalization ruins the countries -from several aspects- almost the same ways.
Yeah, I remember those cheap flights. It's a shame; Polish women are awesome lookers
Pinayhunter
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinayhunter »

hammanta wrote: The Philippines is still an amazing country and my favorite destination, why I keep coming back. Mr. S has sound advice as far as finding a girl when you are younger. If you are 20-35 and are not horrible looking, you can kill it with good looking girls here. 45 and below still have the ability to pull young good looking quality girls but generally they are gonna be 25+. Once you reach the older thresholds its gonna continue to get harder, though of course not impossible.
Been rejected by American girls all my life, working my ass off to save for p***y paradise, and my reward will be women 25+? Yeah, no thanks.

I'm almost 30, and this is horribly depressing. So by the time I can finally afford to leave America, I'll be too old to sniff that which I want to sniff. Late to the party.

Guess it's hookers for life.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Mr S,

I'd be interested to know your thoughts about these two articles (which are kind of contradictory, although they're written by the same person) :

http://www.returnofkings.com/54861/will ... adise-lost
http://www.returnofkings.com/76085/4-re ... le-you-can
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Pinayhunter wrote:
hammanta wrote: The Philippines is still an amazing country and my favorite destination, why I keep coming back. Mr. S has sound advice as far as finding a girl when you are younger. If you are 20-35 and are not horrible looking, you can kill it with good looking girls here. 45 and below still have the ability to pull young good looking quality girls but generally they are gonna be 25+. Once you reach the older thresholds its gonna continue to get harder, though of course not impossible.
Been rejected by American girls all my life, working my a** off to save for p***y paradise, and my reward will be women 25+? Yeah, no thanks.

I'm almost 30, and this is horribly depressing. So by the time I can finally afford to leave America, I'll be too old to sniff that which I want to sniff. Late to the party.

Guess it's hookers for life.
We all have our preferences though I find 40+ year old men with cute 25-29year olds a pretty decent catch. 10+ years difference in the USA is almost unheard of. Not to mention Filipinas tend to age better than their American counterparts. Most Filipinas are short and petite. We are talking 5 foot flat and 105lbs. Even some 30 year olds there look like 16 year old girls. Now if short and petite isn't your thing you shouldn't really consider the Philippines to begin with. There really is no p***y paradise for regular joes unless of course you mean hooker paradise, in which case Thailand I'm sure would be a better location. The Philippines is probably the closest there is for non-PFP girls. I'm also not positive when exactly you plan on leaving the US, you're still pretty young. If you are financially capable, take an extended trip there to see if you even like the women.