Filipina MYTHS

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Filipina MYTHS

Post by Winston »

Have you all noticed that many Filipinas change their phone number every few months? Dianne does that too and gives a b.s. explanation that makes no sense. I wonder why.

Also most of them don't have fathers. They claim their father passed away and they only have a mother. Why is that so common there? Are fathers cursed there?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:Also most of them don't have fathers. They claim their father passed away and they only have a mother. Why is that so common there? Are fathers cursed there?
Filipino fathers tend to be more conservative, hence more protective of their daughters. A bargirl, hoe, single mother or just about any "bad" girl lurking the internet for a "rich foreigner"... nine out of ten times they don't have a strong male presence or role model in their lives. It could also of course be a ploy for pity, if the girl is a scammer: by telling you her father (the provider) died and all she has is a mother + siblings, she is fishing for sympathy and pointing out how bad their financial situation is.

Also many men in the lower classes tend to simply live less long then their Western counterparts... by sixty, many have succumbed to alcohol abuse, cancer, accidents or in some cases violence. If your girl is the youngest of many children, her father was perhaps pushing forty when she was born. By the time the girl is 25, he'd be in his mid- to late sixties, and chances are he died of natural causes by then.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Winston wrote:Also most of them don't have fathers. They claim their father passed away and they only have a mother. Why is that so common there? Are fathers cursed there?
Filipino fathers tend to be more conservative, hence more protective of their daughters. A bargirl, hoe, single mother or just about any "bad" girl lurking the internet for a "rich foreigner"... nine out of ten times they don't have a strong male presence or role model in their lives. It could also of course be a ploy for pity, if the girl is a scammer: by telling you her father (the provider) died and all she has is a mother + siblings, she is fishing for sympathy and pointing out how bad their financial situation is.

Also many men in the lower classes tend to simply live less long then their Western counterparts... by sixty, many have succumbed to alcohol abuse, cancer, accidents or in some cases violence. If your girl is the youngest of many children, her father was perhaps pushing forty when she was born. By the time the girl is 25, he'd be in his mid- to late sixties, and chances are he died of natural causes by then.
I'd also like to add that the percentage of guys who knock a girl up and leave is quite high. She may legitimately not know her father and just claims she doesn't have one.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is Steve neese's response to my question:
"Lol. I shared your text with Jobie and she replied "In my 12 years of having a cellphone, I changed my number twice only.". She says she hasn't observed that pattern. Winston, maybe you only know the poorest filipinas ??? Maybe that's true with poor girls or bar girls ??

But she did seem to agree with you on the other point about the fathers. About that part she said

"Sometimes there are mothers who tell and brainwash their children that their father is already dead if the mother was being left and cheated by the father that is because of so much hatred to the father. They consider the father as dead when they were cheated and abandoned.""
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:since your not looking for a relationship anyways dont meet the girl at the mall. meet her at your hotel room. The girls you date are sluts anyways :)

Aren't you apprehensive about meeting at malls? Im always afraid a girl will flake or be late and i dont want to be sitting like a tard by myself waiting. So ive never done that in philippines. Hows your experience with that mr bluelight? Do you get most to yur hotel front or mall and how many flake or are really late?
Wtf? Very few of the girls I dated would've agreed to come straight to my room. They usually ended up in my room through some smooth date transitioning. I usually meet the girls at the mall close to me, then move her to the date location which is even closer to my place, then move her to a second date location which is right next to my place, and finally up to my place.

There are very few actual flakes. The typical flake would be that I ask them when they are free, they give me a time, I said let's meet at that time, they said ok, and I get no response back when I try to confirm (ALWAYS confirm). When I confirm I would ask them to text as they are about to head out to meet me, this way I never get stood up.

As far as being late, yeah...girls being late by about 45 minutes are very common. Pinoys don't seem to be very good at managing time in general. The swimsuit model I dated last week was late by....3 hours. She told me she's on the way, so I waited. Then did not get a response from her after that. Thought she flaked, but I had another date with my main girl set up later so I texted her to tell her to come early, THEN my main girl flaked for some stupid reason. So I mass texted other girls in my rotation to meet as I was sitting in Jollibee having dinner by myself. A few responded, and as I was about to tell one of them to come over, the swimsuit model texted me that she's here. Like WTF, this was 3 hours after our appointed time, but I decided to meet her anyway just to see what's up. Moved her to my place, and she said she wanted to go home. I told her she owes me 3 hours for me waiting. She never left my place that night.... :twisted:

By the way, has anyone have any success in getting girls at the mall?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

MrBlueLight wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:since your not looking for a relationship anyways dont meet the girl at the mall. meet her at your hotel room. The girls you date are sluts anyways :)

Aren't you apprehensive about meeting at malls? Im always afraid a girl will flake or be late and i dont want to be sitting like a tard by myself waiting. So ive never done that in philippines. Hows your experience with that mr bluelight? Do you get most to yur hotel front or mall and how many flake or are really late?
Wtf? Very few of the girls I dated would've agreed to come straight to my room. They usually ended up in my room through some smooth date transitioning. I usually meet the girls at the mall close to me, then move her to the date location which is even closer to my place, then move her to a second date location which is right next to my place, and finally up to my place.

There are very few actual flakes. The typical flake would be that I ask them when they are free, they give me a time, I said let's meet at that time, they said ok, and I get no response back when I try to confirm (ALWAYS confirm). When I confirm I would ask them to text as they are about to head out to meet me, this way I never get stood up.

As far as being late, yeah...girls being late by about 45 minutes are very common. Pinoys don't seem to be very good at managing time in general. The swimsuit model I dated last week was late by....3 hours. She told me she's on the way, so I waited. Then did not get a response from her after that. Thought she flaked, but I had another date with my main girl set up later so I texted her to tell her to come early, THEN my main girl flaked for some stupid reason. So I mass texted other girls in my rotation to meet as I was sitting in Jollibee having dinner by myself. A few responded, and as I was about to tell one of them to come over, the swimsuit model texted me that she's here. Like WTF, this was 3 hours after our appointed time, but I decided to meet her anyway just to see what's up. Moved her to my place, and she said she wanted to go home. I told her she owes me 3 hours for me waiting. She never left my place that night.... :twisted:

By the way, has anyone have any success in getting girls at the mall?
A 65 year old spanish guy told me he drops nubmers to mall girls and then tells them he wants marriag and they call him up and sleep with him after the date. he pays them afterwards (to reduce drama). its a good strategy if your a playboy i think cause if you lead these girls on or kick them out like you do it will catch up to you. But you probably dont lead them on as much as that guy did since he is older.

Thats an interesting strategy i never heard of someone juggling locations. I thought you were a stud though. I had a hot milf with big boobs that wanted to meet me in my hotel room to "talk" but i flaked out returning her text cause i invited my gf back. it wouldnt have worked anyways just a bunch of drama with milfs.

Front of the hotel. I had a virginal church girl meet me at the front of my hotel. She even wanted to go to my room one time LOL not for sex but just shows you how naive some of the girls are. I remember one girl wanted to meet me at the airport and drop my bags in the hotel from the way she talked etc i figured no sex quite naive of her i dont like meeting girls in my room without sex. THe milf girl slept in my room i didn't have sex with her for the first 2 nights maybe it worked in my favor she seemed apprehensive. The nurse girl met me at the front of my hotel. nothing wrong with that. Some will be apprehensive but you stress outside the front of the hotel and to then go elsewhere. Now some girls when they get there will go straight to your room but a lot wont depends on the girl. You will miss out on a few or most girls who think you mean room but those girls are generally boring or flakes anyways so they save you some hassle. But i guess if one is new to the coutnry or having a dry spell you can risk it and id probably too in a pinch but generally i think meeting the front of hotel is the most convenient.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

If a girl comes straight to the hotel, then she's mentally prepared to f**k you when she stepped out of door to meet you. The two girls who did agree to come straight to my place (back when I first got to Manila and did not have tight logistic), I banged on first day. But I don't delude myself, they are both the sluttier of the girls that I've dated. I am generally more interested in the "good" and innocent looking girls than the slutty kind, because I find breaking down a good girl and making her into a slut way more satisfying than just banging existing sluts. Asking girls to come straight to your place is like an apocalypse strategy, if she's a slut she'll come and if she's not you are not going to hear from her again. While my strategy is almost failproof. 90% of the girls I dated so far ended up in my room on the first date because it feels natural and unforced.

And for the record, I was never the sluts' type anyway. I am a clean-cut, no tattoo, good boy looking kind of guy. Most sluttish-looking online girls just ignore the messages I send them, lol. So there is a bit of self-selection going on there. Most of the girls I meet tend to be similar to me: clean-cut college educated middle-class good-girlish type. Thanks to strategic planning of location on my end, I would say half of the girls I dated here belong to a different pool of girls that typical expats would date.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

MrBlueLight wrote:If a girl comes straight to the hotel, then she's mentally prepared to f**k you when she stepped out of door to meet you. The two girls who did agree to come straight to my place (back when I first got to Manila and did not have tight logistic), I banged on first day. But I don't delude myself, they are both the sluttier of the girls that I've dated. I am generally more interested in the "good" and innocent looking girls than the slutty kind, because I find breaking down a good girl and making her into a slut way more satisfying than just banging existing sluts. Asking girls to come straight to your place is like an apocalypse strategy, if she's a slut she'll come and if she's not you are not going to hear from her again. While my strategy is almost failproof. 90% of the girls I dated so far ended up in my room on the first date because it feels natural and unforced.

And for the record, I was never the sluts' type anyway. I am a clean-cut, no tattoo, good boy looking kind of guy. Most sluttish-looking online girls just ignore the messages I send them, lol. So there is a bit of self-selection going on there. Most of the girls I meet tend to be similar to me: clean-cut college educated middle-class good-girlish type. Thanks to strategic planning of location on my end, I would say half of the girls I dated here belong to a different pool of girls that typical expats would date.
maybe i should just stay in manila next time i get a higher end pool of girls. To offset the cost ill just make my trip shorter. Its a lot more expensive than what i was paying so im not sure if the rsults tough will be that much better. I dont think ill stay in phil for many months though like i did before i think its better to visit around different countries or something.

I agree that if a girl goes straight to your room she is probably a freelancer. Thats why i dont mention room i say the front of the hotel and to go elsewhere. The milf girl i said come to the hotel and then when she arrived i said do you want to go anywhere but she insisted on the room, well she was a scammer in the end i was her first foreigner i think. but the nurse girl was not a scammer but a gold digger but she wasn't the type to go straight to a room nor was the church girl. the pros and freelancers will go to your room or insist on it but others may just want be ok with meeting you outside the hotel or whatever.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Im happier in america in some ways. No b.s 3rd world drama, no women drama, and my wallet is getting fatter. Its lonely though so its got its cons.
Chopper1050
Freshman Poster

Post by Chopper1050 »

My experience in Mexico showed me that there are women that opnly flirt with foreigners . We called those women " gringo hunters" . These women had all had previous exposure to foreigners , usually as gf.
I see the same behavior in the Philippines. A woman that has had exposure to foregheners will openly flirt with other foreigners . But, to find an unsoiled, shy girl to actually talk to you is rare. Sales girls in the mall don't count. Their job is to talk to customers.
So many women have been shy and uncommunicative , that a guy would assume the woman doesn't like him. My current gf, had to get permission form her mother to simply meet me for lunch. For an hour. She is 20. All of her friends and sisters , except one, are so shy that they will barely say two words to me. It has taken months for some of them to actually not hide behind each other when they visit. None of these women has spoken to another foreigner, or even had a physical bf. One is a 25 old virgin.
These women are almost impossible to find because they work and go to church and home to see family.
In the Philippines.!!!
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Chopper1050 wrote:My experience in Mexico showed me that there are women that opnly flirt with foreigners . We called those women " gringo hunters" . These women had all had previous exposure to foreigners , usually as gf.
I see the same behavior in the Philippines. A woman that has had exposure to foregheners will openly flirt with other foreigners . But, to find an unsoiled, shy girl to actually talk to you is rare. Sales girls in the mall don't count. Their job is to talk to customers.
So many women have been shy and uncommunicative , that a guy would assume the woman doesn't like him. My current gf, had to get permission form her mother to simply meet me for lunch. For an hour. She is 20. All of her friends and sisters , except one, are so shy that they will barely say two words to me. It has taken months for some of them to actually not hide behind each other when they visit. None of these women has spoken to another foreigner, or even had a physical bf. One is a 25 old virgin.
These women are almost impossible to find because they work and go to church and home to see family.
This is true. I've met many shy girls like these you speak of. Honestly, I think only a very small minority of girls have no desire to at least meet a foreign guy, but most just don't even go through the trouble. Some are afraid, some are shy, others wouldn't know how, some don't think their English is good enough, and some don't wanna try online dating. These girls aren't impossible to get, they just need to be found and connected with.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

It sounds like a way for a man in the Philippines to find a good wife is to find an expat or local friend married to a decent Filippina from a good family and ask if his wife has any relatives, ask to look at pictures, and meet the nice shy girls that way.

My wife has shown a couple of single local fellows who are friends of ours here in the US pictures of her unmarried relatives on Facebook. So far, nothing has come of it. Her relatives live far away, and it's hard to find them in the right age range. My wife is also the prettiest woman in her family, IMO.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

MrMan wrote:It sounds like a way for a man in the Philippines to find a good wife is to find an expat or local friend married to a decent Filippina from a good family and ask if his wife has any relatives, ask to look at pictures, and meet the nice shy girls that way.

My wife has shown a couple of single local fellows who are friends of ours here in the US pictures of her unmarried relatives on Facebook. So far, nothing has come of it. Her relatives live far away, and it's hard to find them in the right age range. My wife is also the prettiest woman in her family, IMO.

there was a guy on youtube that did that and it failed before it even started lol

I think thats a bad idea. better to find someone on your own merit cause it puts someone into a false security by saying well i guess this woman is ok since she was recommended.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

But even greater are the myths that average Filipinas have about poreners and these can fill an entire book. If you knew what they " know" about us poreners, you'd be wishing it were true. The illusions and mythology are so engrained in the common masses, you can't budge them.

1) the words porener, American and white man are synonymous. Every place where white people live is in America. President Putin is an American, too.
2) America is the richest nation on earth and we make 44 times more money ( it's based on the exchange rate of the dollar to the peso) - and prices back home must be the same, they guess. Hence we are all fabulously rich. There is no poverty or homelessness in the country where poreners live, no beggars, etc.
3) Filipinos are the poorest people in the world vs. rich poreners who are so happy to help and share with poor Filipinos. All you have to do is ask.
1) Outside of China, Japan and Korea, no other Asian country exists. Well,maybe HK and Singapore.

Laos, Cambodia, VN, and Indonesia draw a blank look. In their world, maybe only some 15-18 countries exist.

In short, a perfect example of American style education in its Filipino version.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:
In short, a perfect example of American style education in its Filipino version.
Just when I thought there was an education system inferior to the USSA, you go and burst my bubble.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."