Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Filipina MYTHS

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby starchild5 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm not sure how much depth it will come from my above post as I'm Asian myself and English is not my first language, but believe me....You will keep on meeting low hanging fruits all your time in Ph in circles unless you shift gear and focus on family values also.

This.

A good daughter in Asia cannot come out of a bad family. Period. I think this is the case of much of the world too ..but much more so in Asia :). Everything revolves around family here. Its a unit, you find out about a girls family, you found out everything about her.

Your current GF as you mentioned had a broken family and Nurse I'm not sure if you had written about her family, but ask what their parents are. her family background and things will become much clearer to you. With the level you have, I don't think you will be able to settle down with anything lower than engineer or doctor or at-least one family member who is an engineer or doctor level. That is the minimum threshold you need to cross that matches with your level.

As you are planning to settle down in Asia for good. Sex and Love alone won't work, you need to take Family of the girl into account as well inorder to be sure she is not leech, gold digger etc and you are finding the most problems with this issue...So i would suggest focus on girls family also a bit more....

A girl in Asia is zero outside her family and becomes a low hanging fruit, gold digger, leech etc..She has to, there is no support structure in place for women here as you have experienced with your girl. I think the problem is also about perception...Western Men Think not much of family background and take Asian girls have individual personalities etc..They would still have some, but nothing will matter to her more than her family as many have noted here.

If you want a real good girl..Just focus more on her family. A good girl will never dare disrespect her family by low life gold digging, leech actions
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am







Postby OutWest » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:59 pm

starchild5 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:ive always said that if i was living there it would be different cause you can take your time. all the time in the world.


True. However, you could stay as long as you want, but their are certain social and professional boundaries that would be very hard to break into.

If you are an engineer/doctor the two professions Asians from India to China love :) ...It would be much harder to find a match as you can't just marry anyone off the streets aka low hanging fruits.

It looks simple from outside but even Asians find it hard to get a suitable match that easily. Its like Asians thinking why Americans can't find what they are looking for in a women, when they have money & green card as an added bonus.. :)

The other reason, as you say low hanging fruits are easier for you is a doctor and engineer ..the top tier status in Asia are actively seeking other Asians themselves. Family honor, status becomes an Issue when you are born in Asia and if you are in some reputable position. It would be impossible to imagine lines of Filipino doctors marrying bar girl or sales girl or low hanging fruits for the sake of love, they seek doctors themselves, a business family will seek other business family for marriage.

The Professionals moreover have little time for dating and seek their mates in work environment itself.

THE BIGGEST FACTOR. Catch - 22. A Good, Strict, Moral Asian Family would want their kids to be either engineer or doctor or on a similar level, they sacrifice a lot for it. A good girl, whom we know comes from a good family would not have the window of opportunity to meet you easily. She will be never allowed to become a low hanging fruit to go unmoral ways of being a gold digger or a leech. A good Asian family seeks to educate their kids to become much better than them. One of the reason family values are very high in Asia.

This either Engineer or Doctor theme has been discussed here a lot and you would not understand the seriousness of it unless one is born into an Asian family, :). Believe me, This is like the grand canyon and hoover dam level of depth and width when it comes to Moral values, Self respect etc of a family. These two professions divide much of Asia itself on many levels.

What you are seeking is on the other side and unfortunately, you do not have the background or are born into a situation that would allow you to ease into a very good Asian Family aka their daughter.

There are certain social structures that are unbreakable easily most of the time in Asia. Your posts are analytical with much feeling and thoughts behind it. You are rich and won't allow yourself to be taken advantage of by low hanging fruits, leech and gold diggers etc

You must remember Asia = Family. Asia runs on family first.

Now, How will you devise a plan to break into the social structure without being Asian yourself or born in Asia to have connection and family to seek other good families and girls. You are seeking that is not easy to achieve even with time alone, you do not have a qualified background either being an Asian engineer or Asian doctor to meet super good girl with a good family background.

You being a Super Good Guy with High Moral Standards seeks to meet other High Moral Girl which simply does not exists outside of a good family in Asia. How can you break this Catch -22 situation. The reason many of us are having so much frustration finding the right one is due to lack of connection or background to cross this boundary.

----------------

We know there are other good girls too outside Doctor, Engineer range but this is the CREAM..Super Good...If you find this level of girl, (which I believe you should, having read your past posts and your level) you can just go blind with it all your life and still have everything intact not having to worry about being pushed when old, or taken advantage of by their relatives, sick family etc situations. How would you seek to cross this barrier.



+100

If men on this forum actually paid attention to what you are saying here, it would change things for them. Instead, they violate most of what you say, and then wonder about the poor results.
I married an excellent Filipina, but NOT apart from her family. Her family is middle class at least,
and I have a lot of dealings with them. They are in our house weekly at least and both sides have gained in the relationship.

Bride raiding is problematic at best in Asia. As you say, to know her family is to know almost everything about her.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:09 pm

starchild if one is looking for a wife that would be good to take into consideration but not all of us are looking for one right now. Also Im at the pont now where i dont want high hanging fruit anymore the nurse girl kind of changed my attitude on that issue because she is giving me a glimpse of what a girl with some education and smarts acts like (even if she is not realy high hanging categorically yet it gave me a glimpse into some of the more educated filipina thought pattern). I went on a educated college girl from church last year and had the same issue she was critical condescending and frankly irritating and i ended it early she also was rather aggressive to me. Im ok with low hanging fruit if they aren't prostitues/hoes and they are hot. high hanging fruit women are too feminist and demanding etc for my tastes. I like to control and have women who are easy to please and treat me really good that wont cost me a fortune. I just want a regular woman who i can trust who doesn't ask a lot and who is very attractive and makes me feel appreciated. I dont want a career minded or ambitious woman or ill wind up with girls like the nurse girl who will want to spend mine and her money like no tommorrow, give me attitude and criticsm, and only wants to marry a guy so she can get a visa and start making money outside the country.

yeah my current gf comes from a bad family etc. but she is a nice person but a mooch. but would explain her laziness and lack of will to get a career.

nurse girl i found out had a bad dad really bad and is now dead. she didn't even cry at his funeral. so that would explain why she is so superficial and bounces from one foreigner to the next quickly. She had a very positive mindset and called me negative but i didn't find any substance with her it seemed superficial on a spiritual level she had no interest really in religion or anything of substance. I didn't get much of a romance feeling either just kind of shy and dull but talkative. I dont know i was getting bored of her talking after awhile and just wanted sex lol i hate just going off on long conversatiosn forever it gets old. She seems to have issues. Seems like the only girls that are intereste din foreigners have serious issues in their family if they are educated or are poor or both.

Even mR. s who lives here has touched on that same issue about some of teh educated women having serious mental or family issues and thats why they are lookign for foreigner.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby hammanta » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:36 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Here is how you can be successful in the Philippines.

Succeeding (1 or more will help)

starred ones are most important

1)Be average to good looking
2)Be 5'7" or more in height
3)Don't be fat
4)Have an outgoing personality
5)Youth 20-45
6)Being physically fit
*7)Be outgoing, interactive, and adventurous
*8)Be genuinely interested in the culture
*9)Have realistic standards. If you are a 4 don't expect getting a 10. Same goes with age. There are plenty of late twenty, early 30 YO girls that foreigners pass up on simply because they aren't 19 or 20.
*10)Form a social circle

In my opinion number 7 and 10 are the most important. Get out and do something, meet people, get a hobby. My god I've been to the Philippines 3 times for a total of around 3 months in duration, and I have probably 40+ filipino friends on Facebook, many of which I've met simply through a girl I met on online dating or through friends of other friends. I have a filipino family that allows me to stay with them and they love having me. We talk and chat all the time. I have connections which allows me to meet more people, more girls.

I mean for many guys like myself, Newlifeinphilppines, we enjoy this place and love it. You are entitled to your opinion but don't blast every other opinion because you aren't having any luck. You've said it yourself, you concentrate to much on sex, you let your girlfriend mooch off of you, you aren't attractive, you aren't social or outgoing, you lack confidence, etc. All of those can be fixed to a certain extent but you have to work on those. Stop blaming filipinas and start looking at yourself. And if you can;t do that then move back to America and see how miserable you will really be.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby Maverick » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:39 am

hammanta wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. Here is how you can be successful in the Philippines.

Succeeding (1 or more will help)

starred ones are most important

1)Be average to good looking
2)Be 5'7" or more in height
3)Don't be fat
4)Have an outgoing personality
5)Youth 20-45
6)Being physically fit
*7)Be outgoing, interactive, and adventurous
*8)Be genuinely interested in the culture
*9)Have realistic standards. If you are a 4 don't expect getting a 10. Same goes with age. There are plenty of late twenty, early 30 YO girls that foreigners pass up on simply because they aren't 19 or 20.
*10)Form a social circle


In my opinion number 7 and 10 are the most important. Get out and do something, meet people, get a hobby. My god I've been to the Philippines 3 times for a total of around 3 months in duration, and I have probably 40+ filipino friends on Facebook, many of which I've met simply through a girl I met on online dating or through friends of other friends. I have a filipino family that allows me to stay with them and they love having me. We talk and chat all the time. I have connections which allows me to meet more people, more girls.

I mean for many guys like myself, Newlifeinphilppines, we enjoy this place and love it. You are entitled to your opinion but don't blast every other opinion because you aren't having any luck. You've said it yourself, you concentrate to much on sex, you let your girlfriend mooch off of you, you aren't attractive, you aren't social or outgoing, you lack confidence, etc. All of those can be fixed to a certain extent but you have to work on those. Stop blaming filipinas and start looking at yourself. And if you can;t do that then move back to America and see how miserable you will really be.


To be fair, that list doesn't sound much different than the list to get girls in the US.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby steve55 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:35 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
steve55 wrote:Well, newlife, you have the right to your opinion, but after 8 trips and a 3 month stay, I think Winston is spot on. Yes, you are right if you are saying that in general, poorer lower class girls are far easier to get and in general are more open to wanting to date foreign guys. But even so, it's still very feasible to find middle to middle upper class girls in the Phils. I've been able to get dates quite easily with nurses, teachers and other professionals in the Philippines who have enough money to not be desperate to leave he Philippines or want your money or green card. What we are saying is that it's a hell of a lot easier meeting attractive women with great values (oh, and note the 20% divorce rate when you marry a filipina too!) than it is back home in America (50-60% divorce rate) minus the stuck up entitlement attitudes. And before you start too much into about how the only reason they will like you is because of money or green card, wtf do you think American women want? Come on man, American women are much much much worse about only dating men who have money or a good job. Filipinas , whether lower or middle class will accept you as long as you work , are a good husband and arnt a lazy bum. Not so with American women who demand a $60k + income just to date a guy.

And about age, you are 100% wrong in my opinion. I have done extensive personal research and questioning of Filipino men and girls on this age difference issue over 10 years! And every time, I was told by Filipinos that Filipinas do generally prefer older men (10-15, or even 20 yrs older) and dont mind even larger age differences. Newlife, how do you explain that at filipina dating sites like cherry blossoms that half or more of the girls list a preferred age range of their match in which they list the minimum age of their man as at least 10 years older? If all they wanted was any man to take them away to the US and any man with enough money to support them , then why would they even bother listing any age range at all? Right? Just take a look at these examples of girls listing MINIMUM ages for their match. http://www.globaldatingsolution.com/a-c ... d-men.html

It befuddles me that assuming you live in he Philippines, that you have this opinion as you do. It's amazing how two people can experience the same thing yet come to two very different conclusions. The only part myself and Winston will agree with you on is how the middle high to high class girls in general are harder to find and are much less interested in foreigners but still, some will be.


Ive always enjoyed your posts but I think your wrong.

Absolute B.S most girls dont like old unless they are gold diggers and dont care about you. Even the nurse girl i met didn't and kept telling me that! My current girlfriend doesn't either nor do many other girls ive asked! and I know when im older that ill have to accept that it will be p4p cause no legit girl will want an old guy so i can accept that reality now even though im not old. Taco and Mr.s and some others have also confirmed that they want young and if the gap is large its p4p not love. Most girls online are hookers and lazy gold diggers not looking for love so of course they want old they want a guy who will fall in love and become cuntstruck and quickly take them out. They know young guys wont fall for their b.s and/or be too poor.

And yes middle class women will be interested BUT they are either unemployed at the moment or huge gold diggers and would marry the first monger off a dating site that asked to marry them without barely knowing them. Sound familiar steve?

Its interesting you have a dating website like winston. So your biased.


REF
Its interesting you have a dating website like winston. So your biased


I have a website but it ain't a dating site! Let's get that straight first, right?. I have banner ads primarily for aesthetics reasons, I'm not even on google ad sense and have yet to make single dollar! So, there is no $$$ bias my friend, I do what I do not for money but because I've personally seen that dating and marrying foreign women works! And if your theory is correct that all they want is money or green cards, then how do you explain the 20% divorce rate??? If a girl is only using a guy, let's face it, she won't stay with him after she gets her green card. She doesn't have to stay. These girls arnt dumb like they may have been in the pre internet days, they know their legal power in the US (Alimony, child support) and considering that according to the USCIS study, most guys who go this route are white collar and educated with high incomes, the girls could easily make it without their husbands and go their own way with such a high cut of their x husband's inomes, very easily. Even the pamphlets they are given at their pre immigration orientation tell them this. But despite all this, these girls do stay married to their men. That's a fact and stats prove it (see my site where I source several sources on this)

I operate off of stats and facts not on just personal opinions. Throw some valid stats and facts our way that back your assumptions and then we'll pay a bit more attention to some of your views. I've quoted the USCIS study that concluded that the women don't marry for primarily for economic or green card reasons but rather because they think western men make kinder and more ideal husbands, don't mistreat or abuse them and have more responsible attitudes towards wife and family. This is per a USCIS study as is the 20% divorce rate (which at the end of the day, the divorce rate stat speaks volumes) . It's quoted on my website. So my so called BS is at least backed by facts and stats, and expert opinion. What about your assumptions ? Any studies? Anything besides personal opinion? Just sayin ya know.
Last edited by steve55 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby droid » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:38 am

maverick wrote:To be fair, that list doesn't sound much different than the list to get girls in the US
hahah true, if one has to meet the same requirements and travel 10000 miles for some troll with bad hair, no waist, and an attitude, one might as well just stay here.
Everybody has a vast range of opinions; At the end of the day, the best thing is to actually visit and see for oneself.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Postby Maverick » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:24 am

droid wrote:
maverick wrote:To be fair, that list doesn't sound much different than the list to get girls in the US
hahah true, if one has to meet the same requirements and travel 10000 miles for some troll with bad hair, no waist, and an attitude, one might as well just stay here.
Everybody has a vast range of opinions; At the end of the day, the best thing is to actually visit and see for oneself.


Yeah for sure man. I'll be touching down in Phil in 2 weeks!

But it's crazy that people have such a wide range of experiences here.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:35 am

Keep in mind hammanta is very young and good looking and even he hasn't found the dream girl. You would think he would with his looks and his ability to go all over the country.

so if philippines is the wife or dating paradise why isn't hammanta found a dream girl? of course hell say various stuff like he is too young etc but i think thats just denial. Most women there are not wife material on some level, just like america.

And yes the list looks like the same as if oyu were in america, so why the hell are we flying there? LOL
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:49 am

Maverick wrote:
droid wrote:
maverick wrote:To be fair, that list doesn't sound much different than the list to get girls in the US
hahah true, if one has to meet the same requirements and travel 10000 miles for some troll with bad hair, no waist, and an attitude, one might as well just stay here.
Everybody has a vast range of opinions; At the end of the day, the best thing is to actually visit and see for oneself.


Yeah for sure man. I'll be touching down in Phil in 2 weeks!

But it's crazy that people have such a wide range of experiences here.


Its like how you had different experience in america than others. The same in philippines.

For the record my current girl is about a 6.2 on the scale of looks(although sometimes i look at her and she looks dead average 5 it just depends) she is 22 but looks younger. My bargirl "girlfriend" i use that term loosely before was a 6.8. If she had light skin i would have put her at 7 (hot) and she had a rich american boyfriend before that whereas i was the poor guy. The nurse girl i met who liked me but was turned off by me having a girlfriend and not liking her and my negativity i guess was about a 7 and completed her education studies already. It would have been too difficult dealing with her im not the type of guy to go blow tons of money on vacations and eating out and promising marriage.

I haven't seen many foreigners with a very attractive woman (above 6.5) that wasn't a hoe. If looks dont matter your search will be easier. Alot easier LOL cause no one else wants them or is willing to fly here to court them. seriously man your gonna fly across the world and spend all this money in a shithole for a average looking chick (4.5 to 5.5) who is gonna get uglier with age? Thats ridiculous. Id rather stay home and jerk off. Which im planning to do actually LOL
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby Rock » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:23 am

steve55 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
steve55 wrote:Well, newlife, you have the right to your opinion, but after 8 trips and a 3 month stay, I think Winston is spot on. Yes, you are right if you are saying that in general, poorer lower class girls are far easier to get and in general are more open to wanting to date foreign guys. But even so, it's still very feasible to find middle to middle upper class girls in the Phils. I've been able to get dates quite easily with nurses, teachers and other professionals in the Philippines who have enough money to not be desperate to leave he Philippines or want your money or green card. What we are saying is that it's a hell of a lot easier meeting attractive women with great values (oh, and note the 20% divorce rate when you marry a filipina too!) than it is back home in America (50-60% divorce rate) minus the stuck up entitlement attitudes. And before you start too much into about how the only reason they will like you is because of money or green card, wtf do you think American women want? Come on man, American women are much much much worse about only dating men who have money or a good job. Filipinas , whether lower or middle class will accept you as long as you work , are a good husband and arnt a lazy bum. Not so with American women who demand a $60k + income just to date a guy.

And about age, you are 100% wrong in my opinion. I have done extensive personal research and questioning of Filipino men and girls on this age difference issue over 10 years! And every time, I was told by Filipinos that Filipinas do generally prefer older men (10-15, or even 20 yrs older) and dont mind even larger age differences. Newlife, how do you explain that at filipina dating sites like cherry blossoms that half or more of the girls list a preferred age range of their match in which they list the minimum age of their man as at least 10 years older? If all they wanted was any man to take them away to the US and any man with enough money to support them , then why would they even bother listing any age range at all? Right? Just take a look at these examples of girls listing MINIMUM ages for their match. http://www.globaldatingsolution.com/a-c ... d-men.html

It befuddles me that assuming you live in he Philippines, that you have this opinion as you do. It's amazing how two people can experience the same thing yet come to two very different conclusions. The only part myself and Winston will agree with you on is how the middle high to high class girls in general are harder to find and are much less interested in foreigners but still, some will be.


Ive always enjoyed your posts but I think your wrong.

Absolute B.S most girls dont like old unless they are gold diggers and dont care about you. Even the nurse girl i met didn't and kept telling me that! My current girlfriend doesn't either nor do many other girls ive asked! and I know when im older that ill have to accept that it will be p4p cause no legit girl will want an old guy so i can accept that reality now even though im not old. Taco and Mr.s and some others have also confirmed that they want young and if the gap is large its p4p not love. Most girls online are hookers and lazy gold diggers not looking for love so of course they want old they want a guy who will fall in love and become cuntstruck and quickly take them out. They know young guys wont fall for their b.s and/or be too poor.

And yes middle class women will be interested BUT they are either unemployed at the moment or huge gold diggers and would marry the first monger off a dating site that asked to marry them without barely knowing them. Sound familiar steve?

Its interesting you have a dating website like winston. So your biased.


I have a website but it ain't a fn dating site! Let's get that straight first. I have banner ads primarily for aesthetics reasons, I'm not even on google ad sense and have yet to make single dollar! There is no bias my friend, I do what I do not for money but because I've personally seen that dating and marrying foreign women works! And if your theory is correct that all they want is money or green cards, then how do you explain the 20% divorce rate??? Huh? If a girl is only using a guy, let's face it, she won't stay with him after she gets her green card. She doesn't have to stay. But these girls do stay married to their men. That's a fact jack and stats prove it. I operate off of stats and facts not on my personal opinions like you. Throw some valid stats and facts our way that back your assumptions and then we'll pay attention. I've quoted the USCIS study that concluded that the women don't marry for primarily for economic or green card reasons but rather because they think western men make kinder and more ideal husbands, don't mistreat or abuse them and have more responsible attitudes towards wife and family. This is per a USCIS study as is the 20% divorce rate (which at the end of the day, the divorce rate stat speaks volumes) . It's quoted on my website. So my so called BS is at least backed by facts and stats, and expert opinion. What about your assumptions ? Any studies? Anything besides personal opinion?


I've been here in Luzon for awhile now and have tried to figure this out too. I've met and dated many girls, including a lot who would count as middle or upper middle class. Some are from families with businesses which generate enough for them to own many houses and condos and nice cars, etc. Some are professionals who earn as much as 90,000 Pesos a month in very special roles. And some are from more modest means but still have no problems independently meeting their own needs and are from families who are also totally self supporting.

Guys, a lot really depends on the specific girl. Some are a lot more age conscious than others. But I will say that overall, even among the middle class, I consider Phils. to be one of the least age picky (girls towards guys) countries I've ever visited when money is not a factor. Once money gets into the equation, you can do very well, maybe even better, in a lot of other countries.

In general, non-money/material seeking girls with education, good morals, from a quality middle class family often seem to seek, or at least be open to considering, an older guy meaning a guy who could be her much older brother (not daddy, not granddaddy). So I think if you look 10-15 years older than her, it's all good.

I've noticed though with some of the very young girls (18-20), a subset are also attracted to much older guys (even well over 40 in some cases) without money or material considerations being an issue no matter what their class. I suppose some of these girls have daddy issues and are just not fully developed mentally yet. After all, the brain continues to change physiologically until about mid-20s. And some people in Phils are very simple to begin with.

Oftentimes, the late 20s early 30s gals who look good, are completely independent, with no children (or even with sometimes lol), are actually a lot more picky about age. They seem to know themselves and the world well and have more specific standards. Many from this set will demand under 40 or even under 35. But others in this set who look very good and are great catches will accept say up to 50 or even more. Like I said, it really depends so much on the specific girl.

Things which will really hinder you in dating non-material seeking young women - looking very old (like pushing elderly), dressing like a slob, being dirty, having a perverted appearance in some way (like your constantly on the prowl), hanging out in places like Robinsons Ermita, being seen around and about with suspect girls, or being very unattractive in some way (posture, grooming, weight, weird face, etc.). A lot of the more respectable types care a lot about what people think and how they are perceived by others. So you really need to be presentable and respectable. But you don't have to look like some stud, just reasonable and decent is usually fine.

Personality wise, I find it doesn't hurt so much just to be a nice and sincere guy. Speak politely, be respectful, act educated, etc. But don't be extreme in any way. If you can be funny and get people laughing, it goes a long way in taking down barriers between you and locals in a give situation so if you have that gift, use it. Girls here seem to genuinely like and appreciate being courted as opposed to just being asked out on dates. Of course, if you are dealing with the party set (which is significant up her in Mega Manila), casual dating can also work.

Even if you are very old, I think it's possible to find some nice and attractive very young girls for more modest or even poor backgrounds who still are not very materialistic. Again, it really depends on the girl (and her family). Between all the scammers and gold diggers, there are some very sweet, genuine, and nice Filipinos. You just have to learn how to find them and detect them. That's something a lot of westerners don't seem to have much sense about.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:51 am

rock why haven't you found the woman of your dreams yet since you live there in makati which is supposed to be the cream of the crop?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:59 am

steve55 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
steve55 wrote:Well, newlife, you have the right to your opinion, but after 8 trips and a 3 month stay, I think Winston is spot on. Yes, you are right if you are saying that in general, poorer lower class girls are far easier to get and in general are more open to wanting to date foreign guys. But even so, it's still very feasible to find middle to middle upper class girls in the Phils. I've been able to get dates quite easily with nurses, teachers and other professionals in the Philippines who have enough money to not be desperate to leave he Philippines or want your money or green card. What we are saying is that it's a hell of a lot easier meeting attractive women with great values (oh, and note the 20% divorce rate when you marry a filipina too!) than it is back home in America (50-60% divorce rate) minus the stuck up entitlement attitudes. And before you start too much into about how the only reason they will like you is because of money or green card, wtf do you think American women want? Come on man, American women are much much much worse about only dating men who have money or a good job. Filipinas , whether lower or middle class will accept you as long as you work , are a good husband and arnt a lazy bum. Not so with American women who demand a $60k + income just to date a guy.

And about age, you are 100% wrong in my opinion. I have done extensive personal research and questioning of Filipino men and girls on this age difference issue over 10 years! And every time, I was told by Filipinos that Filipinas do generally prefer older men (10-15, or even 20 yrs older) and dont mind even larger age differences. Newlife, how do you explain that at filipina dating sites like cherry blossoms that half or more of the girls list a preferred age range of their match in which they list the minimum age of their man as at least 10 years older? If all they wanted was any man to take them away to the US and any man with enough money to support them , then why would they even bother listing any age range at all? Right? Just take a look at these examples of girls listing MINIMUM ages for their match. http://www.globaldatingsolution.com/a-c ... d-men.html

It befuddles me that assuming you live in he Philippines, that you have this opinion as you do. It's amazing how two people can experience the same thing yet come to two very different conclusions. The only part myself and Winston will agree with you on is how the middle high to high class girls in general are harder to find and are much less interested in foreigners but still, some will be.


Ive always enjoyed your posts but I think your wrong.

Absolute B.S most girls dont like old unless they are gold diggers and dont care about you. Even the nurse girl i met didn't and kept telling me that! My current girlfriend doesn't either nor do many other girls ive asked! and I know when im older that ill have to accept that it will be p4p cause no legit girl will want an old guy so i can accept that reality now even though im not old. Taco and Mr.s and some others have also confirmed that they want young and if the gap is large its p4p not love. Most girls online are hookers and lazy gold diggers not looking for love so of course they want old they want a guy who will fall in love and become cuntstruck and quickly take them out. They know young guys wont fall for their b.s and/or be too poor.

And yes middle class women will be interested BUT they are either unemployed at the moment or huge gold diggers and would marry the first monger off a dating site that asked to marry them without barely knowing them. Sound familiar steve?

Its interesting you have a dating website like winston. So your biased.


REF
Its interesting you have a dating website like winston. So your biased


I have a website but it ain't a dating site! Let's get that straight first, right?. I have banner ads primarily for aesthetics reasons, I'm not even on google ad sense and have yet to make single dollar! So, there is no $$$ bias my friend, I do what I do not for money but because I've personally seen that dating and marrying foreign women works! And if your theory is correct that all they want is money or green cards, then how do you explain the 20% divorce rate??? If a girl is only using a guy, let's face it, she won't stay with him after she gets her green card. She doesn't have to stay. These girls arnt dumb like they may have been in the pre internet days, they know their legal power in the US (Alimony, child support) and considering that according to the USCIS study, most guys who go this route are white collar and educated with high incomes, the girls could easily make it without their husbands and go their own way with such a high cut of their x husband's inomes, very easily. Even the pamphlets they are given at their pre immigration orientation tell them this. But despite all this, these girls do stay married to their men. That's a fact and stats prove it (see my site where I source several sources on this)

I operate off of stats and facts not on just personal opinions. Throw some valid stats and facts our way that back your assumptions and then we'll pay a bit more attention to some of your views. I've quoted the USCIS study that concluded that the women don't marry for primarily for economic or green card reasons but rather because they think western men make kinder and more ideal husbands, don't mistreat or abuse them and have more responsible attitudes towards wife and family. This is per a USCIS study as is the 20% divorce rate (which at the end of the day, the divorce rate stat speaks volumes) . It's quoted on my website. So my so called BS is at least backed by facts and stats, and expert opinion. What about your assumptions ? Any studies? Anything besides personal opinion? Just sayin ya know.



Yes some girls like older but not a huge age gap. The more golddiggers/leechish the more age difference they are open to. You wont see many middle class girls that want beyond a 10 or so year age gap probably for example.

Also that 20 percent stat im not sure is even true. It was done a long ass time ago and im not even sure if it was a proper study or even who it was based on etc. Ive heard many military sources state the opposite, like MOST FAILED. most guys in the military that know guys that married filipinas they all wound up in disaster. anyways maybe you can give better info on that study.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby Rock » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:23 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:rock why haven't you found the woman of your dreams yet since you live there in makati which is supposed to be the cream of the crop?


Well the opportunity cost is very high. Once you settle with one, you have to give up all the others lol. I've enjoyed dating and close friendships with many. I just don't fall in love easily. But just give me a bit more time and we'll see lol.

Also, I wanna add a plug for Mega Manila. There are some guys here who seem to not like Luzon girls for whatever reasons. Well you must remember, Manila area attracts a lot of girls from all over the Philippines just like top cities/capitals tend to do in general (attracting people from all over their respective countries). So just because you meet a girl up here does not mean she's necessarily a Metro Manila girl or even a Luzon girl.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:29 am

Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:rock why haven't you found the woman of your dreams yet since you live there in makati which is supposed to be the cream of the crop?


Well the opportunity cost is very high. Once you settle with one, you have to give up all the others lol. I've enjoyed dating and close friendships with many. I just don't fall in love easily. But just give me a bit more time and we'll see lol.

Also, I wanna add a plug for Mega Manila. There are some guys here who seem to not like Luzon girls for whatever reasons. Well you must remember, Manila area attracts a lot of girls from all over the Philippines just like top cities/capitals tend to do in general (attracting people from all over their respective countries). So just because you meet a girl up here does not mean she's necessarily a Metro Manila girl or even a Luzon girl.


if you had to pin it do you not fall in love because most of the girls are not good wives ultimately for whatever reason you think or cause you have so many options?

Also do you think most of the women going for foreigners have some serious issues even IF they are educated or have money? It seems like the ones tha thave money or education have some other bad issue if they want us (bad family and emotional issues, or are major sluts, or just want a quick visa out of the country and are very materialistic)
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest