The Philippines is Just the Same as the U.S.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

The Philippines is Just the Same as the U.S.

Post by davewe »

Is it really?

Facts and opinion, told a bit tongue in cheek!

http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2014/06 ... s-the-u-s/
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Philippines is Just the Same as the U.S.

Post by djfourmoney »

davewe wrote:Is it really?

It's very correct!

Most men visiting PI are jaded about long term relationships anyway, so they go to PI for sex tourism. It's said because there are some men looking for women to marry just as much as local women are looking for men that want to marry.

Using a service like AFA might make it simple for these men to connect to women serious as they are.

A guy striking out on his own might end up as disappointed as the subject of this blog post ended up being...
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Well done Dave! I'll cut and paste the sentence below that really holds the highest degree of truth:

Most are not interested in being your “vacation girlfriend.â€￾

Realize only a small majority of the HA readers ever plan on "gasp" actually marrying a foreign lady but this statement is spot on.

Dave and his lovely wife came up from Portland to Seattle a few weeks ago to visit me and my wife. We had a great day and the highlight was visiting the Experience Music Project museum. While the four of us walked around the museum, my overriding thought was that Dave and I are REALLY lucky guys. REALLY REALLY lucky.

But back to the article. What separates me and Dave from the rest of the anger ridden tourists who patrol foreign lands for women? We were both willing to offer ladies a long term, stable relationship and this allowed us access to the proverbial penthouse and gave us access to the best that Phillipines has to offer. Those looking for anything else will have a tough time getting past the first few floors. Winston had posed a similar question to Rock and I wanted to chime in on my answer, so there it is.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

The more I think about this topic, the more I believe that we are looking at an inverse bell curve scenario in Asia. You can label the highest point on the left side of the curve "Long Term Relationship" and you can label the right side of the curve "P4P".

Guys who still don't understand how women work should go out and get a tattoo on their forearm that says "Women are more purposeful then men" and look down at it on occasion. It best illustrates the mindset of your average lady. So if you are going to offer long term stability, she gets something out of that relationship. On the other end of the spectrum, P4P in Asia is amazing. You can go out and rent a 9 or a 10 and get your rocks off. But again, she gets something out of the transaction.

Conversely, we can look at the bottom of bell curve and I'll label that "short term girlfriends." Unlike LTRs and P4P what does the woman get out of it? The answer is very little. So you'll end up with more bottom of the barrel variety here. But hey maybe this is ok for some expats! At least they are getting some attention which isn't a bad thing. Better than back at home eh? But guys do have to know what to expect before spending (usually a lot) of money to take these overseas trips.

If you don't understand this concept, as Dave points out, you are only setting yourself up for failure and disappointment.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

pete98146 wrote:
Dave and his lovely wife came up from Portland to Seattle a few weeks ago to visit me and my wife. We had a great day and the highlight was visiting the Experience Music Project museum. While the four of us walked around the museum, my overriding thought was that Dave and I are REALLY lucky guys. REALLY REALLY lucky.
True, but my overriding thought was how I was going to explain to Janet the significance of Hendrix and Cobain such that they built an entire museum dedicated to them :)

OK, and then I thought we're pretty damn lucky!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote:
Is it really?

Great thread, THANKS TO GUYS LIKE YOU, PETE, FSCHMIDT ET AL who post here EVEN THOUGH NO LONGER DESPERATE.

You give hope to suffering souls!!

What is that thing that hits Janet's face about 3:30 in this video? An insect splattering? A wet branch dripping? Your elephant snorting? (that last guess is NOT a "double entendre" folks...)

http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2014/06 ... hiang-mai/

BTW while there are some really sexy pics of your wife's face in the video, my fave is where she sips water and turns back to offer it to you. Classic, girlish, committed -- a real mate.

Thanks for taking time and trouble to film this!!

Don't know if you guys are PLANNING to have kids, but I sure hope you do have another batch. You clearly (still) very much have it in you to be a fantastic dad.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Jester wrote:
davewe wrote:
Is it really?

Great thread, THANKS TO GUYS LIKE YOU, PETE, FSCHMIDT ET AL who post here EVEN THOUGH NO LONGER DESPERATE.

You give hope to suffering souls!!

What is that thing that hits Janet's face about 3:30 in this video? An insect splattering? A wet branch dripping? Your elephant snorting? (that last guess is NOT a "double entendre" folks...)

http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2014/06 ... hiang-mai/

BTW while there are some really sexy pics of your wife's face in the video, my fave is where she sips water and turns back to offer it to you. Classic, girlish, committed -- a real mate.

Thanks for taking time and trouble to film this!!

Don't know if you guys are PLANNING to have kids, but I sure hope you do have another batch. You clearly (still) very much have it in you to be a fantastic dad.
Elephants suck down tons of water in their trunks and then throw it on their skin, getting us passengers soaked too. So that's what you saw.

As to the kid thing - another batch? OMG. Maybe one :)
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

I think pete is right it probably is an inverse relationship. although that hot nurse girl wants to meet me even though she was a vacation girlfriend for a foreigner twice now and (maybe even te previous one who was living in both countries also) i have a girlfriend. She doesn't seem te easy type but shes always liked me and she kept lcosing her accounts and she doesn't seem the desperate type but who knows? Guess when i have a long secret meeting ill figure it out more.
Sergey
Freshman Poster

Post by Sergey »

I'm wondering why this isn't obvious to so many people.
I went to the Philippines with an intention to f**k different girls but after I met a girl that I'd chatted for two weeks almost day and night, I realized that my "plan" was going to fail.
I've visited her twice since then, going on another trip in August and then planning to move there by the end of this year. Couldn't be more happier.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Sergey wrote:I'm wondering why this isn't obvious to so many people.
I went to the Philippines with an intention to f**k different girls but after I met a girl that I'd chatted for two weeks almost day and night, I realized that my "plan" was going to fail.
I've visited her twice since then, going on another trip in August and then planning to move there by the end of this year. Couldn't be more happier.
Congrats Sergey! Best of luck to you buddy! Hope it works out :)
targetguy
Freshman Poster

Scammers

Post by targetguy »

8) Atfter 2 penpal relationships and both talk a lot on internet and person but turn out to be text mates only many foreigners are simply used for money and this is a business for many over there. Many of these gals have boyfriends and bringing in xtra income to help pay for the many illegitimate kids. The illegitimate children in the philippines has to be one of the highest rates in the world and a way of life there. No child support needed or legally able to get there so they need a foreign sugar daddy to pay for things. NO welfare like the reward a welfare queen usa so the foreiners are highly sought after to pay for things and be Santa. Some of the illegitimate kids left there really don't have much of a life also.
no scammers
green1976
Freshman Poster

Re: Scammers

Post by green1976 »

targetguy wrote:8) Atfter 2 penpal relationships and both talk a lot on internet and person but turn out to be text mates only many foreigners are simply used for money and this is a business for many over there. Many of these gals have boyfriends and bringing in xtra income to help pay for the many illegitimate kids. The illegitimate children in the philippines has to be one of the highest rates in the world and a way of life there. No child support needed or legally able to get there so they need a foreign sugar daddy to pay for things. NO welfare like the reward a welfare queen usa so the foreiners are highly sought after to pay for things and be Santa. Some of the illegitimate kids left there really don't have much of a life also.
Yes but even being used for money is better than craving for attention back in the West.
I'm saying this in a sarcastic way..just look how more and more men are going to SEA to find their "love".
They know the score and for some of those they keep believing in the mine is different.
So that point to fact how screwed relationship are in the West as an example.

See guys are ready to buy houses,spend insane amount of money because they are felt unloved,felt invisible in their countries so they loose their mind for the first Pinay or Thai girl who speak to them softly and spread their legs.

It's the perfect prey for these women who by a lot of case have been left by their men having to take care of the child and their parents.
The Western men become only a mean for that.

I can understand even if it's so insane how a guy can forget his sanity after living this asexual invisible boring life back in the West.

I'm moving very soon to Panama because there is no future here for me in France the way life is going.
By staying in France,i will be the perfect stupid guy throwing silly amount of money just for getting some love in the SEA but changing my life to Panama will modify this fact as there i'm a in a position to find a real living relationship not some mechanic existence in Europe who is the receipe to be a prey in Thailand or the Philippines.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Sergey wrote:I'm wondering why this isn't obvious to so many people.
Welcome to the club. I wish you the best. It's pretty great to actually feel happy, isn't it?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Scammers

Post by davewe »

targetguy wrote:8) Atfter 2 penpal relationships and both talk a lot on internet and person but turn out to be text mates only many foreigners are simply used for money and this is a business for many over there. Many of these gals have boyfriends and bringing in xtra income to help pay for the many illegitimate kids. The illegitimate children in the philippines has to be one of the highest rates in the world and a way of life there. No child support needed or legally able to get there so they need a foreign sugar daddy to pay for things. NO welfare like the reward a welfare queen usa so the foreiners are highly sought after to pay for things and be Santa. Some of the illegitimate kids left there really don't have much of a life also.
There is no doubt that there are scammers online and in person. It's certainly not unique to the Philippines but there is no doubt that a guy can get taken in by a girl who wants money or a ticket out of the Philippines.

But there are ways to avoid some of the drama and bad girls. Future postings will tell stories of the good and bad I found and maybe a tip or two because you absolutely can find a good one!
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Definitely a good post.

For myself, I can't fathom ever being scammed. I feel like I know the tricks and the girls well enough, but for so many newbies that is simply not the case.

I remember my trip in Feb. I sat next to a gentleman that was around the age of 70. We spoke some on the flight and he mentioned that he had never been out of the U.S. before. He was flying to Manila to meet his "gf" whom he obviously had never met in person. I spoke to him about some places to go and where he was staying, as well as some other small talk. He hadn't done much research on the subject of the Philippines or the culture, and had no idea where his girlfriend was taking him. He was also staying for 3 months.

In my mind this is the type of gentleman that would likely get taken advantage of. Not because necessarily his age, but because he wasn't prepared for what he was getting into. A developing country can be harsh for a new guy, especially if he's never been exposed or did not do his research. That sketchy taxi driver that seems nice and makes you pay upfront only to charge you again once you reach your destination; or that guy/girl who sees you in the mall and says "hi remember me, from your hotel..." then begs you for money; or the overly friendly girl who comes back to your hotel then demands money or worse is not a "girl" in the normal sense; the hotel that looks nice from pictures but in reality is three times as small and has bugs crawling across the floor; I could go on and on. Then the glamour of the country posted on forums and the web isn't glamour anymore.

Being prepared mentally and emotionally is the best thing someone can do wherever they go. Being open-minded is crucial for succeeding.