Electronic component shops in Shenzhen, China

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Electronic component shops in Shenzhen, China

Post by droid »

1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yeah, you can find all sorts of cheap electronic parts in Shenzhen, especially in Hua Qang North.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I always imagined shenzhen as some run down dump. This is nice.

I always liked Fry's electronics but that's only in California. Otherwise we have to use Digikey, but can't actually 'check out' the parts in your hand.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

zboy1 wrote:Yeah, you can find all sorts of cheap electronic parts in Shenzhen, especially in Hua Qang North.
Just received something from there that I bought on ebay not long ago... And that is my most recent happier abroad story. The end.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

lol
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Electronic component shops in Shenzhen, China

Post by Winston »

I've been there. Interesting area. But why would you buy anything there? The parts are all generic and unbranded with no warranty. So they are likely low quality and will break. If you're getting electronic stuff, you want good quality, long lasting branded products right? Even if they are parts or components. So I don't get the appeal of that area.

Especially if you're going to get a charger for your phone. If you get a defective one, it could damage your phone. So it's important to get a good one that's tested and safe.

Maybe if you need some specialized part that is cheap and can't be found anywhere else, for some special gadget or invention, it might be a good idea. But that's if you're a geek or inventor, which most people aren't.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne