More and more Asian intra-racial marriages and dating

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

More and more Asian intra-racial marriages and dating

Post by zboy1 »

I've noticed more and more intra-racial dating and marriages in Asia--and even in America, this is increasing. I've read somewhere this is a growing trend among Asians; that is, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Thai's, Filipinos, Vietnamese, Taiwanese, Cambodians, Burmese, etc...dating and marrying among each other.

I think this should continue: not that interracial dating is bad (I'm cool with it), but it's nice to see more and more Asian women start to look into Asian partners for once....

The Real Reason Why Asian Americans Are Outmarrying Less
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/04/ ... ying-less/

For Asian-American Couples, a Tie That Binds
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/fashi ... 1&sq=asian&
http://bossip.com/568018/interracial-ma ... cans30346/

(BTW, reading some of the racist comments on some of these articles: White males wonder why their often stereotyped as racists and Blacks as angry--as both groups slag each other then proceed to gang-up on Asian men and women. LOL! Gotta' love Western-style 'diversity' and 'multiculturalism.' LOL...)

(And why do White males like to slag on Asian men so much? The comments from angry White men towards Asian men, makes me disappointed. What did Asian men every do to White men?)

Here are two couples in Asia that recently married:

Arisa Yagi (Japanese)

recently married to a Korean pop star, Key (I thought Japanese and Koreans hated each other...?)

Super Junior Korean pop star Kim Heechul and Dream Girls Puff Guo (Taiwan)

Of course, this is not a new trend as Chinese people have intermarried with Thai's, Vietnamese and Filipinos for centuries, but I'm seeing a steady rise in these kinds of relationships throughout Asia and even in the States (which I think is good thing for the future of Asian people and culture).

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

South Korean and Japanese men have been interested in international marriage since many years. They usually look out in China, Vietnam, Philippines and some more South East Asian countries.

Some countries try to restrict international marriage, for example Cambodia has an age-difference max. limit. South Korea also has various restrictions.

Some Western countries are not open-minded either, USA has IMBRA, UK makes it very costly if you bring a foreign wife into your native country.

About stupid racist comments, they are not only from white men against Asian men, they are from everybody to everybody. US white feminists will call every Asian woman a mail-order bride. Asian men will call on white men to create half-breeds because they split condoms, and so on and so on.

The only you can do is to ignore such idiot remarks from these losers.
Last edited by Yohan on July 11th, 2014, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yohan wrote:South Korean and Japanese men have been interested in international marriage since many years. They usually look out in China, Vietnam, Philippines and some more South East Asian countries.

Some countries try to restrict international marriage, for example Cambodia has an age-difference max. limit. South Korea also has various restrictions.

Some Western countries are not open-minded either, USA has IMBRA, UK makes it very costly if you bring a foreign wife into your native country.
Interesting...

I have a family member from Korea who is married to a SouthEast Asian women. I know it's becoming an increasing trend in other parts of Asia as well...

BTW, I want to ask all the White guys on HappierAbroad: Why is it that on many forums, news articles and YouTube videos, you will see racist comments about Asian men coming from White guys all the time? Why? It's always comments like Asian men are ugly; we beat our wives; the White race is superior and that Asian women only want White guys; Asian men have small penises; Asian men are wimps; Asian men are inferior. blah, blah, blah.

What did Asian men ever do to White guys? We usually stick to our own group and don't bother your race too much, unlike Blacks and Hispanics (who tend to be violent towards White men) or Jews (who promote mass immigration and multiculturalism in White dominated countries)?
Last edited by zboy1 on July 11th, 2014, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

As a white man, married with an Asian woman I also get racist remarks from time to time (from American-Asian men?) - all these racist hate-mail - as far as I could trace it back - was generated somewhere in USA, from places I never visited in my life.

There are also a few Japanese and Chinese men who do not like white foreigners next to them. I just don't care. Also Vietnamese are sometimes known to be not very open-minded to white people. It depends on the individual, I think.

I think, racism on a large scale supported by laws is somewhat a historical USA slavery/British colony thing. When I was working mainly with black people from former French colonies from Africa, this subject did not exist at all among us and all black people assured me, that they never had any feeling of racism under French rule and they were never treated in a discriminated way like in the history of South Africa or in the history of the USA.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ENG SUB We Got Married GLOBAL season 2 episode 1

http://kpopshowforall.blogspot.com.es/2 ... ason-2.htm

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Regarding the racist comments. I find that white guys make racist comments about Asian men due to white guys wanting to feel better. Part of the reason white guys do it is because of a false sense of superiority complex. Common comments are.."asian guys got small dicks or that they are too ugly...etc...etc..and that all Asian women whore out to white guys. "

I think many asian american guys grow up experience this and they in turn respond with some of their hateful comments toward white guys/asian female coupling. Is it fair ? No. I think racism is partly due to insecurity in one self and attacking other race to feel better about oneself.

Yohan,

You made an interesting comment that large scale racism comes from British/ USA ...colony thing. The reason being is that Asian men do well in other countries dating wise EXCEPT in anglo western countries. Asian guys do OK in France and places in South America and even in the Caribbeans. I met an Asian guy who grew up in Germany but now lives in USA. He said once in America and his travels in UK that as an Asian man he felt the racist feeling there unlike in all places in Germany. Go figure.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

zboy1 wrote:BTW, I want to ask all the White guys on HappierAbroad: Why is it that on many forums, news articles and YouTube videos, you will see racist comments about Asian men coming from White guys all the time? Why? It's always comments like Asian men are ugly; we beat our wives; the White race is superior and that Asian women only want White guys; Asian men have small penises; Asian men are wimps; Asian men are inferior. blah, blah, blah.

What did Asian men ever do to White guys? We usually stick to our own group and don't bother your race too much, unlike Blacks and Hispanics (who tend to be violent towards White men) or Jews (who promote mass immigration and multiculturalism in White dominated countries)?
I don't know man. Ive always liked Asians as far back as the 1970s as a child, but in fact, it seemed they were the ones who were racist toward me. LOL In high school, at least the school I went to in San Antonio, TX, I never saw anyone pick on Asians. In fact, I know in English 4 class (Senior English) everyone revered the one Asian guy in that class because half the class was failing this impossible teacher's course, except the Asian kid who unbelievably had a nearly perfect grade in there. I think it was like a 97% for the year, which was crazy, given the teacher was so hard. We thought the guy was freaking superman. LOL

Maybe my experiences with Asian Americans are too limited, although I do believe what you are saying is happening. Just that, as for me, I never witnessed first hand this discrimination.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

The Women's Cabal is devious. They know how to control stupid warlike men. The ties that bind.
More intermarriage between Korea, Japan, and China will avert a war in the region. Lots of Koreans still hate and envy Japan, then there is that stupid island squabble. China and Japan....long history of war and hatred, another island squabble. Intensifying competition in the same industry, "seeing who can be Uncle Sam's number one b**ch".

So anyways, you can thank the women for having the foresight to control stupid men (without their knowing it) to cool the situation down.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

Most of the hatred of Japan usually comes from the Mainland Chinese, but not the other way around. Most Japanese are usually indifferent to China, and those with negative opinions about Chinese tend to be right-wing, middle-aged men. It is common for Japanese-Americans to marry Asian-Americans of other ethnicities, including Chinese.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

It is already something like a government-guided life-style in China and in both Koreas to keep Japan responsible for all and everything if something is going wrong.

However on the other side of the story, all China and SouthKorea remain visafree for Japanese citizens. As a Japanese just buy an e-ticket by internet, take your passport and get on one of these many many airplanes connecting daily Japan with mainland China and SouthKorea.

WWII finished 1945 and people of that time are either very old or died already.

It should be noticed that Japan has nothing to do with any conflict past 1945 in Asia, as its military did not exist and the government was fully controlled by USA.

Japan therefore is not responsible for the Korean War, for the Vietnamese war, for the invasion of Tibet, for internal mismanagement of China - the so-called great leap forward with millions dying of hunger etc. etc.

We have friends from Malaysia, who are Chinese and are visiting Japan every year, nobody has any bad feeling against Japan, simply said times are changing.

About differences between Asians and Caucasians, for example Japan/Germany, there are not so significant. Often the German community in Tokyo notices with surprise, how many German women are now married with Japanese men. Still Caucasian woman-Asian man is the minority in Japan, but steadly growing.

I myself found the most hateful racist problems nowadays to exist in USA, mainly between black and white, often even mixed up with religion, white Christian and black Muslim. A receipt for fighting against each other, without any real reason.

Unbelievable that race plays such a major role in USA, which is such a wide area and where the history of a large part of its population is based on immigration.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

zboy1 wrote:BTW, I want to ask all the White guys on HappierAbroad: Why is it that on many forums, news articles and YouTube videos, you will see racist comments about Asian men coming from White guys all the time? Why? It's always comments like Asian men are ugly; we beat our wives; the White race is superior and that Asian women only want White guys; Asian men have small penises; Asian men are wimps; Asian men are inferior. blah, blah, blah.
I would say it's not white guys in general, but rather anglo-chumps in those forums and in you-tube that have to vent out their sex-starvation, do all the puffing-up etc. which we've discussed before.

You are too paranoid man, I don't think the Russian, German, and Southamerican white guys have the time for the bashing you describe, as they're too busy getting tail. But I could be wrong, I can't read the posts in russian, etc.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

As Ladislav have mentioned about American racial policy of dividing people into "Asian Americans", "African Americans", "Hispanic Americans", etc., the racial policy lumps people together in smaller melting pots.

Back in the 80s and 90s Asian American associations were specific to ethnic origin, i.e. "Chinese American", "Japanese American", etc. But from the 2000's on-ward the trend for associations is toward English speaking "Asian American" identify.

Also, in 80s-90s Asian parents were more likely to oppose their children dating Asians from certain ethnic countries. Today it's not as big of a deal. My mother's god-daughter (Taiwanese) just married a Filipino guy. I have one cousin (from TW) married to a Japanese husband, another married to a Korean wife, and another engaged to a Japanese-Brazilian.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Im not suprised many japanese men are tired of materialistic japanese women who dont want to start a family....so they go to other asian countries to find their perfect mate

The japanese men who look abroad are the real winners in this...they get a younger, attractive filipina wife Image
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

To Anonymous1,

That's what is happening in Japan and South Korea. You have some men in those countries going to the poorer Asian countries looking for wives. As wealth increases women become allot picker and demanding to sometimes unreasonableness . Look at America ..even the ugly girls are picky to unreasonableness. I mean it's OK to have standards but it has to be reasonable.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Exactly....why should jap man have to bend over backwards for average jap woman who have overvalued themselves ...when they could go overseas and find above average pinay without the hang ups of japanse women