There is not much benefit to being white in Asia.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

There is not much benefit to being white in Asia.

Post by tamdrin12 »

To be honest.. I think a lot of people are delusional about the perceived benefits of being white, or of being a foreigner in Asia. Sure you will get some interest from girls because of your exoticness but most of the girls in Asia who go after foreigners are not the high quality ones, except in rare cases. Most foreigners seem to attract scammers and hoes. They are coming from lands which are like sexual barren wastelands and are starving for sex and female companionship. So naturally they take anything that is offered.

I look at all the normal average Asian guys around who have beautiful girlfriends or wives and I feel somewhat envious. Why? because my country has forsaken me to a certain extent. The white woman are not kind hearted and are superficial and vain. They don't care about taking care of the men of their countries and they are very selfish. The Asian women still maintain traditional values and have reasonable standards about what type of male is acceptable for a relationship or marriage. They are much less judgemental and harsh on the males. American women are so f***ing judgemental.

Anyone who has traveled around Asia can see this for themselves. The average male in Asia has a plentitude of women to chose from depending on his class, religion, or social rank.. what have you... The average American male has very few women to chose from.. It's completely unbalanced..
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Im even envious in philippines how these loser skinny jobless idiots get all these hot filipinas
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: There is not much benefit to being white in Asia.

Post by pete98146 »

tamdrin12 wrote: Most foreigners seem to attract scammers and hoes. They are coming from lands which are like sexual barren wastelands and are starving for sex and female companionship. So naturally they take anything that is offered.
Not to be an jerk, but this topic has been discussed at length here so many times. Yes it is true what you say but don't let yourself fall into this trap. Estimates say that less than 10% of guys who have interest in Asian ladies actually make it over there. Half the battle to success is the fact that you'll go visit Philippines.

So you need to develop a plan on how to find quality ladies. If you simply show up in the Philippines and expect the higher quality ladies to fall into your lap, you are delusional.

Too many Western guys take the easy way out and end up with lower quality ladies. The guys with the sexy wives/girlfriends have worked the system to their advantage. Learn from them and repeat the process. Really it's not rocket science.

If you are willing to think with your brain and not your penis, are patient, give off a great first impression, make some contacts online, get to know folks (who in turn introduce you to good girls) etc then you stand a very good chance of meeting your dream girl.

But make NO MISTAKE, meeting higher quality ladies is almost like a part time job. You get out of it what you put in.
J_master
Freshman Poster

Post by J_master »

Who gives a *shit about others.. Why waste your time on that.. focus on your own life and what you want to get out of it.. There are so many Asian women abroad even a one eyed midget can do well. Just accept the way it is then take action.. Don't be a victim..
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Asia is one of the most easiest places for a decent white man to get women.

You're doing something wrong if you can't find a quality woman in Asia.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

It's all in the eye of the beholder. I think in Thailand they say that farang gets low quality girls that even the local Thai men get confuse. But hey if the white guys are happy who cares what others think,
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: There is not much benefit to being white in Asia.

Post by Yohan »

tamdrin12 wrote: ..... a lot of people are delusional about the perceived benefits of being white, or of being a foreigner in Asia. Sure you will get some interest from girls because of your exoticness ...
This was not always so, but nowadays there are plenty of airplanes, and plenty of tourists everywhere, worldwide, any race.

Asia became richer, Western countries became poorer.

If you show up as a young Westerner somewhere in Japan, HongKong or in Singapore and Shanghai etc. you might be surprised how expensive Asia is now for somebody from Europe or from USA.

Living standard in developed regions in Asia can be fairly high and there are plenty of Asian men who really have money.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:..... in Thailand they say that farang gets low quality girls that even the local Thai men get confuse. But hey if the white guys are happy who cares what others think,
Haha, yes, this is true.

Rich Thai men are supposed to pay a bride price to the parents for their daughter in return of marriage, but they are very choosy, and take only a girl, who is educated and without boyfriends around her etc. etc.

No way for a single Thai mother to find any reliable Thai men to choose from, no way for a rice farmer girl with her brown skin to find a Thai man - except a total low-class boy working at a construction site or delivery boy on a motorcycle etc.

What is left over is for the farang - these Thai women are not always 'bad girls' 'bargirls' etc.
Some were just unlucky.

One of my friends married a Thai girl, she was 19, he was 55. Her only problem was a medical one when she was about 15, and now she cannot get children anymore. An absolute NO for a Thai man, for a foreign man maybe the best what can happen to him.

Another one I know, is an orphan, no family, relatives unknown. An absolute NO for a Thai man, but for a foreigner the best, no bride price. Another one is from the Cambodian border, naturally brown skin, otherwise looks quite good, she has really nothing, she stays with him since over 15 years, no marriage, just co-habitation etc. etc.

---

On the other side, high educated Thai women are not always a good deal for a foreigner. I know 3 cases of airline employees, both, man and wife, working for airlines, no children - the men from Canada, the girls from Thailand...all of them divorced... and don't ask me how much some of these 'white guys' had to pay in Canada for divorce to get rid of their wives. House, savings etc. all gone to these women.

Now they are alone again, retired in Thailand, mistrusting and they pay only for one-night stands, not really the life they expected for their future... Where are these benefits to be a white man? What benefits could that be?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Yohan wrote:
chanta76 wrote:..... in Thailand they say that farang gets low quality girls that even the local Thai men get confuse. But hey if the white guys are happy who cares what others think,
Haha, yes, this is true.

Rich Thai men are supposed to pay a bride price to the parents for their daughter in return of marriage, but they are very choosy, and take only a girl, who is educated and without boyfriends around her etc. etc.

No way for a single Thai mother to find any reliable Thai men to choose from, no way for a rice farmer girl with her brown skin to find a Thai man - except a total low-class boy working at a construction site or delivery boy on a motorcycle etc.

What is left over is for the farang - these Thai women are not always 'bad girls' 'bargirls' etc.
Some were just unlucky.

One of my friends married a Thai girl, she was 19, he was 55. Her only problem was a medical one when she was about 15, and now she cannot get children anymore. An absolute NO for a Thai man, for a foreign man maybe the best what can happen to him.

Another one I know, is an orphan, no family, relatives unknown. An absolute NO for a Thai man, but for a foreigner the best, no bride price. Another one is from the Cambodian border, naturally brown skin, otherwise looks quite good, she has really nothing, she stays with him since over 15 years, no marriage, just co-habitation etc. etc.

---

On the other side, high educated Thai women are not always a good deal for a foreigner. I know 3 cases of airline employees, both, man and wife, working for airlines, no children - the men from Canada, the girls from Thailand...all of them divorced... and don't ask me how much some of these 'white guys' had to pay in Canada for divorce to get rid of their wives. House, savings etc. all gone to these women.

Now they are alone again, retired in Thailand, mistrusting and they pay only for one-night stands, not really the life they expected for their future... Where are these benefits to be a white man? What benefits could that be?
And yet most happier abroaders keep stressing they want highly educated ambitious women yet fail to realize that they will dump their ass just like an american woman. Education and all that really isn't on my todo list requirements. I just want a very attractive woman who is genuinely sweet and caring and shows it with good attitude sexually and how she cares for me. Alot of the girls are lazy and just want to mooch off the guy they dont even wantt o earn their own money or have a job and feel no guilt for spending your money. Its like they are a bratty teenager. Thats different though than a girl who is not educated and just poor who is not simply a lazy leech.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

Yes.. I'm not saying that foreigners can't get good quality women.. I'm just saying that it is easier for the local Asian men to get good quality women due to familiarity with the local customs and the fact that much of the time high quality women will prefer someone from their own culture...

BTW I'm not in the phillipines and I have never been there.. I'm not in SEA at all..
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
J_master
Freshman Poster

Post by J_master »

You haven't even been there so how the f**k do you know???.. Go and find out then post. Being white can be a big problem coz they will be crazy and jealous and possessive..
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

newlifeinphilippines wrote: And yet most happier abroaders keep stressing they want highly educated ambitious women yet fail to realize that they will dump their a** just like an american woman.
This is true, no difference, woman is woman. However most problems are starting by my opinion in this moment when the Western man takes the Asian girl out of her Asian country or if he is approaching an Asian girl who is already living in USA or other Western country almost all her life. Such women learn quickly how to rip off a foreign husband of all his assets.

Retirement in Asia - for example in Thailand - is not bad for a Western man, if he informs himself about the legal situation in Thailand, which is not bad for men at all in case of divorce.

However the paperwork must fit, if not and if the Thai woman and her relatives have bad intention - 'let the foreigner pay for everything' in return to his opinion 'my bargirl is different', be prepared to read about another horror story.

Some stupid foreigner lost everything, I read about horror stories where 60 to 80 million baht went 'missing' - this is over 2.5 million USD. How a foreigner can invest such a huge amount of money into Thailand is for me beyond understandings.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

J_master wrote:You haven't even been there so how the f**k do you know???.. Go and find out then post. Being white can be a big problem coz they will be crazy and jealous and possessive..

What are you smoking? People on this board think Asia=Phillippines??? Nowhere did I mention Phillippines.. I have been in Asia for the last 2.5 years buddy... 3 different counries... If a girl is crazy and possessive over you because you are white she is probably not a good catch.. I hate to break the news to you.. I am over here long enough to know a thing or two... not like you guys who go to the Phillippines for two weeks.. lol
Nightngale
Freshman Poster

Post by Nightngale »

Asia (lived in Japan for 2 years) seems to be a get place for most men. The only men there I've seen not get any play is foreign Asian. Let's say a American of Chinese descent and the only reason that occurs is because the expect you to be of the same culture as them. I feel that you should try Japan, Korea, and Vietnam maybe Singapore. Thai and Filipino women are beautiful are lots of them are good catches but, I've witnessed a lot of horror stories. Maybe you should shift your priorities and it'd help you find women of a higher caliber?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Asia is huge and diverse place. I lived in Indonesia, and a lot of the people think it is high status to marry a foreigner, especially an American or European Caucasian. If people working offices are making two or three hundred a month, a plumber's salary in the US is enviable. But there is also a history of colonization where for hundreds of years white Dutch were the ruling class. Light skin is considered desirable, as is a nose that points out. I don't know how to translate their phrase for that exactly, but a western nose definitely does.

Hollywood shows white heroes blowing stuff up. Marrying someone from another country also means you are marrying an international, and if that person is from a developed country, that's a high status thing, too.

And some women find white men attractive. Hollywood movies help. Cultural ideals of beauty contribute to it. I saw one year for Miss Indonesia that the winner was pretty, but she looked mixed with white. I thought the runner-up, who was purely local looking, as more beautiful. There could also be an absolutely beautiful girl with really beautiful features, but if she's a little dark, she's considered less attractive.

I think the Philippines is similar in regard to white men being considered attractive.

When I was young, I lived in Korea for a while, and I could get dates in South Korea. Some women like 'exotic' men from abroad. I was also younger and probably reasonably good looking enough to attract women. As far as marriage goes, marrying a foreigner was considered a bit controversial at the time, back before so many Vietnamese wives were recruited to live in the rural areas and South Korea was a lot more ethnically homogeneous. But I believe I was considered to be more desirable in Indonesia. Marrying a foreigner is not usually considered a big deal, and some parents would like that for their kids if the foreigners is a decent person. There are a lot of Indonesians already mixed with Dutch and some of their people-groups count the children as a member if they are children of the father (Javanese, Batak, for example) or the mother (Padang).

If you are a white man and you think there is no advantage to being white in Asia, you could try another country.

There are also negatives, like not being able to negotiate low prices I the market if you are white. I guy wanted to sell me carrots for 3000. I asked for 2500. He wouldn't sell. Then he sold to my wife for 2000. I'm not sure if I remember the numbers right, but it was something like that.

White men can attract 'ho's' if they hang out in sleazy areas.