Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


If most filipinas want to be OFWs and leave the country then

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby OutWest » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:44 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:You guys say that there is not enough foreigners to go around but from what ive seen there is an overwhelming supply of undesirales in looks or acheivements (or both) of the women on the dating site. If there were such a surplus of active women looking there like you say, would be a lot more hot women on the site. Looks aside there would be a lot less hoes and scammers too. so I dont buy that theory.

Also its not just americans its europeans, koreans, chinese, and hong kong, and canada, etc. I know a girl who got pregnanted by a chinese guy from china, the guys messaging my gf on the dating site are koreans and europeans and americans and many other places. If you do the total visits its hundreds of thousands a year. which is millions per decade. Enough to satisfy a sizeable portion of women in the 18 to 25 bracket. in fact most of them. 6000 successful marriages because most filipinas that are looking are undesirable to the foreigner.


You do not strike me as the "marrying kind"...so your observations might be biased. Really, what you do is your own business and I would not question that. But based on what you have displayed in your
posts, I would not in any case introduce a Filipina to you if she was interested in a serious relationship.
You are clearly what I would call a player, and there are plenty of Filipinas who are ok with that.
Keep in mind that is a self selecting tendency with our choices and inclinations. Why is it that I find a significant number of stable, decent and "wife material" type girls? Those are my values, and the values of most of those around me. That is the stream and channel I live in.

Sigh...so often, you hear this from men...sometimes from men living right in Angeles City, how all they meet is flakes, bar girls, and scammers....while they scam every girl they can out of her knickers...and are players to the core. Live the life...die old surrounded by floosies...but don't complain
about the quality of girls in that pool. You in fact complained or commented yourself, how you had no intention of "wasting" time in some kind of courtship pursuits when you had limited time and wanted to get laid.

I know I am an old dog compared to you, but some of us old dogs find your observations to and experiences to be self-imposed. Yah...yah...we don't know what we are talking about... etc etc...ok fine. Meanwhile we will be going to weddings and our kids birthday parties....and doing the occasional matchmaking to spice things up. We know what we live.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA







Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:51 am

OutWest wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:You guys say that there is not enough foreigners to go around but from what ive seen there is an overwhelming supply of undesirales in looks or acheivements (or both) of the women on the dating site. If there were such a surplus of active women looking there like you say, would be a lot more hot women on the site. Looks aside there would be a lot less hoes and scammers too. so I dont buy that theory.

Also its not just americans its europeans, koreans, chinese, and hong kong, and canada, etc. I know a girl who got pregnanted by a chinese guy from china, the guys messaging my gf on the dating site are koreans and europeans and americans and many other places. If you do the total visits its hundreds of thousands a year. which is millions per decade. Enough to satisfy a sizeable portion of women in the 18 to 25 bracket. in fact most of them. 6000 successful marriages because most filipinas that are looking are undesirable to the foreigner.


You do not strike me as the "marrying kind"...so your observations might be biased. Really, what you do is your own business and I would not question that. But based on what you have displayed in your
posts, I would not in any case introduce a Filipina to you if she was interested in a serious relationship.
You are clearly what I would call a player, and there are plenty of Filipinas who are ok with that.
Keep in mind that is a self selecting tendency with our choices and inclinations. Why is it that I find a significant number of stable, decent and "wife material" type girls? Those are my values, and the values of most of those around me. That is the stream and channel I live in.

Sigh...so often, you hear this from men...sometimes from men living right in Angeles City, how all they meet is flakes, bar girls, and scammers....while they scam every girl they can out of her knickers...and are players to the core. Live the life...die old surrounded by floosies...but don't complain
about the quality of girls in that pool. You in fact complained or commented yourself, how you had no intention of "wasting" time in some kind of courtship pursuits when you had limited time and wanted to get laid.

I know I am an old dog compared to you, but some of us old dogs find your observations to and experiences to be self-imposed. Yah...yah...we don't know what we are talking about... etc etc...ok fine. Meanwhile we will be going to weddings and our kids birthday parties....and doing the occasional matchmaking to spice things up. We know what we live.


this isnt a thread about me its about my observations of who is looking for foreigners on a percentage basis but im not trying to be biased. anyone who sees the dating sites or the type of women who generalyl go for foreigners can see the vast majority are not actively pursuing it. thats why we hear so many scammer and hoe complaints from everyone cause there is not an overabundance of regular women seeking foreigners. If there was hell i wouldn't be complaining either. all i see is the leftovers seeking foreigners with a small minority of exceptions. even steve55 had to make multiple trips before he found anyone of value. its not just online either in person they aren't exactly clamoring to be 1st in line with a foreigner either. some are but coincidentally they aren't he most attractive or educated :(
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby davewe » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:04 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
this isnt a thread about me its about my observations of who is looking for foreigners on a percentage basis but im not trying to be biased. anyone who sees the dating sites or the type of women who generalyl go for foreigners can see the vast majority are not actively pursuing it. thats why we hear so many scammer and hoe complaints from everyone cause there is not an overabundance of regular women seeking foreigners. If there was hell i wouldn't be complaining either. all i see is the leftovers seeking foreigners with a small minority of exceptions. even steve55 had to make multiple trips before he found anyone of value. its not just online either in person they aren't exactly clamoring to be 1st in line with a foreigner either. some are but coincidentally they aren't he most attractive or educated :(


This is where the guy has complete control. I can't speak for Steve but my guess is he made multiple trips to find the "right" one, not just anyone. A good foreigner is going to have options - options that he can control. I never dated a girl in the Philippines who was not a college grad - because I only targeted college grads - one was in law school. I never dated a girl who was not attractive (at least to me) - because I only targeted girls who met my personal tastes. I never dated a single mom - because I only targeted single, childless girls.

Of course you can meet many unattractive, uneducated or flat out bad girls - but the guy has control - don't date them. Honestly, I don't get the point of traveling halfway around the world to date or screw girls you don't like or find unattractive. It's a waste of time. Ultimately the guy has complete control over all of this. It doesn't matter if 90% of the girls are not wife material - because a good foreigner has access to thousands of girls who are good. If he ends up with scammers, ugly girls, dumb girls, etc. - it's not the girls' fault - it's his.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby pete98146 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:23 pm

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
this isnt a thread about me its about my observations of who is looking for foreigners on a percentage basis but im not trying to be biased. anyone who sees the dating sites or the type of women who generalyl go for foreigners can see the vast majority are not actively pursuing it. thats why we hear so many scammer and hoe complaints from everyone cause there is not an overabundance of regular women seeking foreigners. If there was hell i wouldn't be complaining either. all i see is the leftovers seeking foreigners with a small minority of exceptions. even steve55 had to make multiple trips before he found anyone of value. its not just online either in person they aren't exactly clamoring to be 1st in line with a foreigner either. some are but coincidentally they aren't he most attractive or educated :(


This is where the guy has complete control. I can't speak for Steve but my guess is he made multiple trips to find the "right" one, not just anyone. A good foreigner is going to have options - options that he can control. I never dated a girl in the Philippines who was not a college grad - because I only targeted college grads - one was in law school. I never dated a girl who was not attractive (at least to me) - because I only targeted girls who met my personal tastes. I never dated a single mom - because I only targeted single, childless girls.

Of course you can meet many unattractive, uneducated or flat out bad girls - but the guy has control - don't date them. Honestly, I don't get the point of traveling halfway around the world to date or screw girls you don't like or find unattractive. It's a waste of time. Ultimately the guy has complete control over all of this. It doesn't matter if 90% of the girls are not wife material - because a good foreigner has access to thousands of girls who are good. If he ends up with scammers, ugly girls, dumb girls, etc. - it's not the girls' fault - it's his.


Dave and Outwest pretty much nail it here. I have nothing more to add. Think of it this way. Finding quality women in the Philippines is very similar to standing in the box and receiving pitches from a baseball pitcher who specializes in throwing junk balls. You just have to know in advance what you are looking for and be patient. Eventually that prime pitch will come over the plate and BAM, you hit a home run.

But the key here (like Dave says) is to teach yourself to lay off the 90% of the junk ball pitches. It takes discipline and a good eye. But once you master the technique, it's really not that difficult to get a hit. Like Outwest stated, there is a HUGE supply of quality ladies just waiting for their Prince is Shining Armor to arrive. But make no mistake, their Prince will not be the guy hanging around trashy women/bar scene.

Not to brag, but if I had to, I'd be able to replicate my success in the Philippines over and over and over again. I'm sure the same would apply to Dave, OW and Steve. Back to the baseball analogy. We've learned how to be disciplined hitters.

Success is not rocket science. I'm sure if Dave, OW, Steve and I were sitting at a bar having drinks, you'd walk by and nothing would stand out about us. I'm sure we are all just slightly above average in looks, jobs, stature etc. But I'm sure we share a common thread in that we honestly respect our ladies, treat them well and we are stable guys. We embrace marriage and our wives become of main focus. But every ounce of attention thrown at our wives is doubled, tripled, quadrupled in return.
Last edited by pete98146 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby hammanta » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:11 pm

pete98146 wrote:I think many of the reasons why they don't look abroad are the same reason stopping you guys from moving abroad:

1. Fear of the unknown. Most people are creatures of habit. They settle into their own surroundings and culture and it's not easy to move away from it.
2. Having to move away from friends and family. I think this is the major reason why. At least when they move to Dubai, they know there will be a large group of other Filipinos to hang around.
3. The vast majority of men and women prefer mates of their own race.
4. Fear of failure. It takes a supreme amount of confidence for these ladies to leave their home country. Only the mentally strong will even consider it.
5. It's a big leap of faith to move overseas.


+1.

I'd like to add a few if I may

6. Online dating is still kinda taboo. To many filipinas its a secret thing. Its stating for whatever reason they are having a harder time in real life finding a guy. I know myself, I've been very reluctant to try any dating sites in America mainly because I never wanted my friends or someone I knew to see me on there.

7. They are career minded. Yes especially in Manila, some girls just concentrate on working and don't worry about guys, or they think they will come along eventually.

8. They are fine with dating filipinos. Doesn't mean they won't give foreigners a chance but they understand the likelihood of them finding a quality one is low.

9. They are scared of Foreigners. I've heard this before from some girls I've met through friends. We tend to be taller and bigger than local guys. A 6'2 230lb filipino is quite the rarity. In fact I may have seen one in my time there. In the states it is pretty normal for guys to be that size if not bigger. I've been mistaken many times as being a 30 or 40 year old because of my build and I'm not that big. When filipinas average 5ft and weigh 105lbs, you can see how intimidation could play a role.

10. They believe they don't speak English well. You wouldn't believe how many girls and guys I've met there that were scared to talk because they thought I'd laugh at them or scold them for using bad English.

11. And finally, most probably have tried it once, had a bad experience and have quit trying. I've met very few filipinas that have not tried online at least once. And even fewer that have been successful.

The bottom line is that for the most part Foreigners have a somewhat negative view in the Philippines. On one end there is quite the adoration for American culture, on the flip side you have places like Angeles City and P.Burgos street that harbor a ton of rotten eggs. Mix that in with the other P4P scenes and some perversion and you create a mixed bag of emotions. We've done it to ourselves. It is up to the foreigner to prove himself worthy by having the time and reserve necessary to find the good ones.

Newlife you should count yourself luckier than most. At least you have the ability to stay in the country long term. Most guys hope to find the one in a few weeks of R&R.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby MrMan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:18 pm

I don't know about stats on websites, but I'd imagine a lot of women who would be willing to marry foreigners don't post profiles on the web. My wife said some women in Indonesia would be afraid of attracting a low-quality man if they did that.

Also, you have to consider whether the women you are targeting have regular access to the Internet. They may have to go to an Internet cafe to use it. Posting the profile could have been a one-off thing or an occasional thing. Not everyone sits around in front of a laptop checking posts in some parts of the world. The Internet scammers have a motivation to pay for the Internet so they can get more money from men. That could be reflected on some of the sites. But I suspect there are plenty of sincere girls who aren't 'hoes' on these sites, too.

I married an Indonesian, not a Filippina. I lived and worked there about two years before I found the right one and started spending time with her. Signals and clues were subtle, but I began to pick up on the fact that a lot of girls liked me. Some of them were quality women, but many were not women I was attracted to or hit it off with. Finding the right person isn't always an automatic thing.

I'm talking wife material
MrMan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 am

Postby MrMan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:18 pm

I don't know about stats on websites, but I'd imagine a lot of women who would be willing to marry foreigners don't post profiles on the web. My wife said some women in Indonesia would be afraid of attracting a low-quality man if they did that.

Also, you have to consider whether the women you are targeting have regular access to the Internet. They may have to go to an Internet cafe to use it. Posting the profile could have been a one-off thing or an occasional thing. Not everyone sits around in front of a laptop checking posts in some parts of the world. The Internet scammers have a motivation to pay for the Internet so they can get more money from men. That could be reflected on some of the sites. But I suspect there are plenty of sincere girls who aren't 'hoes' on these sites, too.

I married an Indonesian, not a Filippina. I lived and worked there about two years before I found the right one and started spending time with her. Signals and clues were subtle, but I began to pick up on the fact that a lot of girls liked me. Some of them were quality women, but many were not women I was attracted to or hit it off with. Finding the right person isn't always an automatic thing.

I'm talking wife material
MrMan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 am

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:11 pm

pete98146 wrote:
davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
this isnt a thread about me its about my observations of who is looking for foreigners on a percentage basis but im not trying to be biased. anyone who sees the dating sites or the type of women who generalyl go for foreigners can see the vast majority are not actively pursuing it. thats why we hear so many scammer and hoe complaints from everyone cause there is not an overabundance of regular women seeking foreigners. If there was hell i wouldn't be complaining either. all i see is the leftovers seeking foreigners with a small minority of exceptions. even steve55 had to make multiple trips before he found anyone of value. its not just online either in person they aren't exactly clamoring to be 1st in line with a foreigner either. some are but coincidentally they aren't he most attractive or educated :(


This is where the guy has complete control. I can't speak for Steve but my guess is he made multiple trips to find the "right" one, not just anyone. A good foreigner is going to have options - options that he can control. I never dated a girl in the Philippines who was not a college grad - because I only targeted college grads - one was in law school. I never dated a girl who was not attractive (at least to me) - because I only targeted girls who met my personal tastes. I never dated a single mom - because I only targeted single, childless girls.

Of course you can meet many unattractive, uneducated or flat out bad girls - but the guy has control - don't date them. Honestly, I don't get the point of traveling halfway around the world to date or screw girls you don't like or find unattractive. It's a waste of time. Ultimately the guy has complete control over all of this. It doesn't matter if 90% of the girls are not wife material - because a good foreigner has access to thousands of girls who are good. If he ends up with scammers, ugly girls, dumb girls, etc. - it's not the girls' fault - it's his.


Dave and Outwest pretty much nail it here. I have nothing more to add. Think of it this way. Finding quality women in the Philippines is very similar to standing in the box and receiving pitches from a baseball pitcher who specializes in throwing junk balls. You just have to know in advance what you are looking for and be patient. Eventually that prime pitch will come over the plate and BAM, you hit a home run.

But the key here (like Dave says) is to teach yourself to lay off the 90% of the junk ball pitches. It takes discipline and a good eye. But once you master the technique, it's really not that difficult to get a hit. Like Outwest stated, there is a HUGE supply of quality ladies just waiting for their Prince is Shining Armor to arrive. But make no mistake, their Prince will not be the guy hanging around trashy women/bar scene.

Not to brag, but if I had to, I'd be able to replicate my success in the Philippines over and over and over again. I'm sure the same would apply to Dave, OW and Steve. Back to the baseball analogy. We'd learned how to be disciplined hitters.

Success is not rocket science. I'm sure if Dave, OW, Steve and I were sitting at a bar having drinks, you'd walk by and nothing would stand out about us. I'm sure we are all just slightly above average in looks, jobs, stature etc. But I'm sure we share a common thread in that we honestly respect our ladies, treat them well and we are stable guys. We embrace marriage and our wives become of main focus. But every ounce of attention thrown at our wives is doubled, tripled, quadrupled in return.



To be honest I didnt ever see any girl online that would have met your guys requirements (college grad, attractive, mature, not a complete idiot). there might have been a few but they were very ordinary looking or they were idiots. If you want you a very attractive girl who is educated and can actually have a conversation other than 2 word lines your lucky if you can find one per month online. I dont even worry on the education part cause thats not really my focus i just want a simple girl but even finding a girl with minimal education that is hot and mature and most importantly nice and relationship is pretty hard too. plenty of ugly ones but im talking about hot and nice that isn't a prostitute. Thats hard enough to find let alone eduation in the mix. im not sure where your finding those other girls cause i never seen them online lol
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:16 pm

hammanta wrote:
pete98146 wrote:I think many of the reasons why they don't look abroad are the same reason stopping you guys from moving abroad:

1. Fear of the unknown. Most people are creatures of habit. They settle into their own surroundings and culture and it's not easy to move away from it.
2. Having to move away from friends and family. I think this is the major reason why. At least when they move to Dubai, they know there will be a large group of other Filipinos to hang around.
3. The vast majority of men and women prefer mates of their own race.
4. Fear of failure. It takes a supreme amount of confidence for these ladies to leave their home country. Only the mentally strong will even consider it.
5. It's a big leap of faith to move overseas.


+1.

I'd like to add a few if I may

6. Online dating is still kinda taboo. To many filipinas its a secret thing. Its stating for whatever reason they are having a harder time in real life finding a guy. I know myself, I've been very reluctant to try any dating sites in America mainly because I never wanted my friends or someone I knew to see me on there.

7. They are career minded. Yes especially in Manila, some girls just concentrate on working and don't worry about guys, or they think they will come along eventually.

8. They are fine with dating filipinos. Doesn't mean they won't give foreigners a chance but they understand the likelihood of them finding a quality one is low.

9. They are scared of Foreigners. I've heard this before from some girls I've met through friends. We tend to be taller and bigger than local guys. A 6'2 230lb filipino is quite the rarity. In fact I may have seen one in my time there. In the states it is pretty normal for guys to be that size if not bigger. I've been mistaken many times as being a 30 or 40 year old because of my build and I'm not that big. When filipinas average 5ft and weigh 105lbs, you can see how intimidation could play a role.

10. They believe they don't speak English well. You wouldn't believe how many girls and guys I've met there that were scared to talk because they thought I'd laugh at them or scold them for using bad English.

11. And finally, most probably have tried it once, had a bad experience and have quit trying. I've met very few filipinas that have not tried online at least once. And even fewer that have been successful.

The bottom line is that for the most part Foreigners have a somewhat negative view in the Philippines. On one end there is quite the adoration for American culture, on the flip side you have places like Angeles City and P.Burgos street that harbor a ton of rotten eggs. Mix that in with the other P4P scenes and some perversion and you create a mixed bag of emotions. We've done it to ourselves. It is up to the foreigner to prove himself worthy by having the time and reserve necessary to find the good ones.

Newlife you should count yourself luckier than most. At least you have the ability to stay in the country long term. Most guys hope to find the one in a few weeks of R&R.


yeah but it comes at a cost of money stay long periods. Im hanging it up i think for now. I want to retire early and focus on my work so time to forget philippines. Its too much inconvenience anyways with the slower internet and slower laptop and having to deal with personal drama while i need to focus on my work. plus the inconveniences of a poverished country.


after so much time in the country i think im getting bored of the place. Its not the p***y paradise that will n dowd advertises. He is good lookign so maybe thats why he does well. Oh well
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby pete98146 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:36 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
pete98146 wrote:
davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
this isnt a thread about me its about my observations of who is looking for foreigners on a percentage basis but im not trying to be biased. anyone who sees the dating sites or the type of women who generalyl go for foreigners can see the vast majority are not actively pursuing it. thats why we hear so many scammer and hoe complaints from everyone cause there is not an overabundance of regular women seeking foreigners. If there was hell i wouldn't be complaining either. all i see is the leftovers seeking foreigners with a small minority of exceptions. even steve55 had to make multiple trips before he found anyone of value. its not just online either in person they aren't exactly clamoring to be 1st in line with a foreigner either. some are but coincidentally they aren't he most attractive or educated :(


This is where the guy has complete control. I can't speak for Steve but my guess is he made multiple trips to find the "right" one, not just anyone. A good foreigner is going to have options - options that he can control. I never dated a girl in the Philippines who was not a college grad - because I only targeted college grads - one was in law school. I never dated a girl who was not attractive (at least to me) - because I only targeted girls who met my personal tastes. I never dated a single mom - because I only targeted single, childless girls.

Of course you can meet many unattractive, uneducated or flat out bad girls - but the guy has control - don't date them. Honestly, I don't get the point of traveling halfway around the world to date or screw girls you don't like or find unattractive. It's a waste of time. Ultimately the guy has complete control over all of this. It doesn't matter if 90% of the girls are not wife material - because a good foreigner has access to thousands of girls who are good. If he ends up with scammers, ugly girls, dumb girls, etc. - it's not the girls' fault - it's his.


Dave and Outwest pretty much nail it here. I have nothing more to add. Think of it this way. Finding quality women in the Philippines is very similar to standing in the box and receiving pitches from a baseball pitcher who specializes in throwing junk balls. You just have to know in advance what you are looking for and be patient. Eventually that prime pitch will come over the plate and BAM, you hit a home run.

But the key here (like Dave says) is to teach yourself to lay off the 90% of the junk ball pitches. It takes discipline and a good eye. But once you master the technique, it's really not that difficult to get a hit. Like Outwest stated, there is a HUGE supply of quality ladies just waiting for their Prince is Shining Armor to arrive. But make no mistake, their Prince will not be the guy hanging around trashy women/bar scene.

Not to brag, but if I had to, I'd be able to replicate my success in the Philippines over and over and over again. I'm sure the same would apply to Dave, OW and Steve. Back to the baseball analogy. We'd learned how to be disciplined hitters.

Success is not rocket science. I'm sure if Dave, OW, Steve and I were sitting at a bar having drinks, you'd walk by and nothing would stand out about us. I'm sure we are all just slightly above average in looks, jobs, stature etc. But I'm sure we share a common thread in that we honestly respect our ladies, treat them well and we are stable guys. We embrace marriage and our wives become of main focus. But every ounce of attention thrown at our wives is doubled, tripled, quadrupled in return.



To be honest I didnt ever see any girl online that would have met your guys requirements (college grad, attractive, mature, not a complete idiot). there might have been a few but they were very ordinary looking or they were idiots. If you want you a very attractive girl who is educated and can actually have a conversation other than 2 word lines your lucky if you can find one per month online. I dont even worry on the education part cause thats not really my focus i just want a simple girl but even finding a girl with minimal education that is hot and mature and most importantly nice and relationship is pretty hard too. plenty of ugly ones but im talking about hot and nice that isn't a hoe. Thats hard enough to find let alone eduation in the mix. im not sure where your finding those other girls cause i never seen them online lol


Well that's my wife on my avatar. I met her online. Dave's wife is just as pretty and smart. You are over there now right? Philippines has 4x the population density compared to Los Angeles. That's a lot of people. There's got to be SOMETHING that you can do to generate interest with the pretty smart girls. What keeps you from getting a box of business cards that say "NICE KANO" with your cell phone number printed on it. Do some walking around (without your gf lol) and hand cards out to the upper 20% of the pretty girls. Don't tell me there are no pretty girls in Philippines. Come on man. I've been there. Hand the cards out and say "hi I'm in a bit of a hurry but I find you cute. Call me if you want to go out." Use the shotgun approach. The more cards you hand out the better. I think Gilbert Gottfried could get dates this way.

Not to be a jerk but I think you have a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy thing going on ie better not approach pretty girls because it may actually work and then what? I'm sure you'll have a long come back but I don't buy it. You are in pu**y heaven and as Dave states, you are wasting your precious time unless you are looking to limb the tree. Perhaps it's confidence issues? These are things that can be corrected.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby hammanta » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:46 pm

To be honest I didnt ever see any girl online that would have met your guys requirements (college grad, attractive, mature, not a complete idiot). there might have been a few but they were very ordinary looking or they were idiots. If you want you a very attractive girl who is educated and can actually have a conversation other than 2 word lines your lucky if you can find one per month online. I dont even worry on the education part cause thats not really my focus i just want a simple girl but even finding a girl with minimal education that is hot and mature and most importantly nice and relationship is pretty hard too. plenty of ugly ones but im talking about hot and nice that isn't a hoe. Thats hard enough to find let alone eduation in the mix. im not sure where your finding those other girls cause i never seen them online lol


Was DIA the only site you used? I could do a search of educated girls 18-25 in Manila on Filipina Cupid and bring up 1000 that have been on within the past week or two. Sure many are average or below average but I'd say at least 100-200 or so were good enough in the looks department to give them a shot. Then minus the ones with kids, scammers, plus ones that don't respond back or flake and you'd still have maybe 25-50 to try. That's just in Manila alone. Broaden that to the whole country and you have a decent shot at finding a good girl. I realize you had other expectations than what others here or I have but I don't think it's quite as daunting a task as you make it seem. Sure it takes some time and effort but good things usually don't come without some energy expenditure.

A huge factor that helped me was simply making friends with some girls/guys. Perhaps it was easy for me because I'm around the age that the girls I was targeting were but that opened a whole other social circle. I even befriended a gay guy of the family I knew and he opened up some avenues (avenues I chose not to pursue because of reasons I shall not mention haha). Even my friend's stepmother, whom is 30 was messaging her friends and cousins telling them to meet me. It's like a job. It's all about networking, networking, networking. Online should be used as laying the ground work.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby hammanta » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Well that's my wife on my avatar. I met her online. Dave's wife is just as pretty and smart. You are over there now right? Philippines has 4x the population density compared to Los Angeles. That's a lot of people. There's got to be SOMETHING that you can do to generate interest with the pretty smart girls. What keeps you from getting a box of business cards that say "NICE KANO" with your cell phone number printed on it. Do some walking around (without your gf lol) and hand cards out to the upper 20% of the pretty girls. Don't tell me there are no pretty girls in Philippines. Come on man. I've been there. Hand the cards out and say "hi I'm in a bit of a hurry but I find you cute. Call me if you want to go out." Use the shotgun approach. The more cards you hand out the better. I think Gilbert Gottfried could get dates this way.

Not to be a jerk but I think you have a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy thing going on ie better not approach pretty girls because it may actually work and then what? I'm sure you'll have a long come back but I don't buy it. You are in pu**y heaven and as Dave states, you are wasting your precious time unless you are looking to limb the tree. Perhaps it's confidence issues? These are things that can be corrected.


Agreed.

And I love the business card Idea. May have to try that one next time :P
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby pete98146 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:01 pm

hammanta wrote:
Well that's my wife on my avatar. I met her online. Dave's wife is just as pretty and smart. You are over there now right? Philippines has 4x the population density compared to Los Angeles. That's a lot of people. There's got to be SOMETHING that you can do to generate interest with the pretty smart girls. What keeps you from getting a box of business cards that say "NICE KANO" with your cell phone number printed on it. Do some walking around (without your gf lol) and hand cards out to the upper 20% of the pretty girls. Don't tell me there are no pretty girls in Philippines. Come on man. I've been there. Hand the cards out and say "hi I'm in a bit of a hurry but I find you cute. Call me if you want to go out." Use the shotgun approach. The more cards you hand out the better. I think Gilbert Gottfried could get dates this way.

Not to be a jerk but I think you have a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy thing going on ie better not approach pretty girls because it may actually work and then what? I'm sure you'll have a long come back but I don't buy it. You are in pu**y heaven and as Dave states, you are wasting your precious time unless you are looking to limb the tree. Perhaps it's confidence issues? These are things that can be corrected.


Agreed.

And I love the business card Idea. May have to try that one next time :P


Heck, I'd even be so bold to put on there "Tom Cruise Lookalike" It's all about making the ladies laugh. It puts them to ease and cuts the tension. If you can make them laugh then they'll look forward to going on a fun date with you.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:52 pm

pete98146 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
pete98146 wrote:
davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
this isnt a thread about me its about my observations of who is looking for foreigners on a percentage basis but im not trying to be biased. anyone who sees the dating sites or the type of women who generalyl go for foreigners can see the vast majority are not actively pursuing it. thats why we hear so many scammer and hoe complaints from everyone cause there is not an overabundance of regular women seeking foreigners. If there was hell i wouldn't be complaining either. all i see is the leftovers seeking foreigners with a small minority of exceptions. even steve55 had to make multiple trips before he found anyone of value. its not just online either in person they aren't exactly clamoring to be 1st in line with a foreigner either. some are but coincidentally they aren't he most attractive or educated :(


This is where the guy has complete control. I can't speak for Steve but my guess is he made multiple trips to find the "right" one, not just anyone. A good foreigner is going to have options - options that he can control. I never dated a girl in the Philippines who was not a college grad - because I only targeted college grads - one was in law school. I never dated a girl who was not attractive (at least to me) - because I only targeted girls who met my personal tastes. I never dated a single mom - because I only targeted single, childless girls.

Of course you can meet many unattractive, uneducated or flat out bad girls - but the guy has control - don't date them. Honestly, I don't get the point of traveling halfway around the world to date or screw girls you don't like or find unattractive. It's a waste of time. Ultimately the guy has complete control over all of this. It doesn't matter if 90% of the girls are not wife material - because a good foreigner has access to thousands of girls who are good. If he ends up with scammers, ugly girls, dumb girls, etc. - it's not the girls' fault - it's his.


Dave and Outwest pretty much nail it here. I have nothing more to add. Think of it this way. Finding quality women in the Philippines is very similar to standing in the box and receiving pitches from a baseball pitcher who specializes in throwing junk balls. You just have to know in advance what you are looking for and be patient. Eventually that prime pitch will come over the plate and BAM, you hit a home run.

But the key here (like Dave says) is to teach yourself to lay off the 90% of the junk ball pitches. It takes discipline and a good eye. But once you master the technique, it's really not that difficult to get a hit. Like Outwest stated, there is a HUGE supply of quality ladies just waiting for their Prince is Shining Armor to arrive. But make no mistake, their Prince will not be the guy hanging around trashy women/bar scene.

Not to brag, but if I had to, I'd be able to replicate my success in the Philippines over and over and over again. I'm sure the same would apply to Dave, OW and Steve. Back to the baseball analogy. We'd learned how to be disciplined hitters.

Success is not rocket science. I'm sure if Dave, OW, Steve and I were sitting at a bar having drinks, you'd walk by and nothing would stand out about us. I'm sure we are all just slightly above average in looks, jobs, stature etc. But I'm sure we share a common thread in that we honestly respect our ladies, treat them well and we are stable guys. We embrace marriage and our wives become of main focus. But every ounce of attention thrown at our wives is doubled, tripled, quadrupled in return.



To be honest I didnt ever see any girl online that would have met your guys requirements (college grad, attractive, mature, not a complete idiot). there might have been a few but they were very ordinary looking or they were idiots. If you want you a very attractive girl who is educated and can actually have a conversation other than 2 word lines your lucky if you can find one per month online. I dont even worry on the education part cause thats not really my focus i just want a simple girl but even finding a girl with minimal education that is hot and mature and most importantly nice and relationship is pretty hard too. plenty of ugly ones but im talking about hot and nice that isn't a hoe. Thats hard enough to find let alone eduation in the mix. im not sure where your finding those other girls cause i never seen them online lol


Well that's my wife on my avatar. I met her online. Dave's wife is just as pretty and smart. You are over there now right? Philippines has 4x the population density compared to Los Angeles. That's a lot of people. There's got to be SOMETHING that you can do to generate interest with the pretty smart girls. What keeps you from getting a box of business cards that say "NICE KANO" with your cell phone number printed on it. Do some walking around (without your gf lol) and hand cards out to the upper 20% of the pretty girls. Don't tell me there are no pretty girls in Philippines. Come on man. I've been there. Hand the cards out and say "hi I'm in a bit of a hurry but I find you cute. Call me if you want to go out." Use the shotgun approach. The more cards you hand out the better. I think Gilbert Gottfried could get dates this way.

Not to be a jerk but I think you have a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy thing going on ie better not approach pretty girls because it may actually work and then what? I'm sure you'll have a long come back but I don't buy it. You are in pu**y heaven and as Dave states, you are wasting your precious time unless you are looking to limb the tree. Perhaps it's confidence issues? These are things that can be corrected.


Im home now. Yes i have confidence issues. Filipinas aren't that open to foreigners (except the ugly ones) so its not that easy to do "day game" so to speak by yourself. especially as a foreigner you come off as a creepy white guy looking for sex i think if you start doing that. The business card idea is interesting though. maybe id try that if i ever came back.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:54 pm

hammanta wrote:
To be honest I didnt ever see any girl online that would have met your guys requirements (college grad, attractive, mature, not a complete idiot). there might have been a few but they were very ordinary looking or they were idiots. If you want you a very attractive girl who is educated and can actually have a conversation other than 2 word lines your lucky if you can find one per month online. I dont even worry on the education part cause thats not really my focus i just want a simple girl but even finding a girl with minimal education that is hot and mature and most importantly nice and relationship is pretty hard too. plenty of ugly ones but im talking about hot and nice that isn't a hoe. Thats hard enough to find let alone eduation in the mix. im not sure where your finding those other girls cause i never seen them online lol


Was DIA the only site you used? I could do a search of educated girls 18-25 in Manila on Filipina Cupid and bring up 1000 that have been on within the past week or two. Sure many are average or below average but I'd say at least 100-200 or so were good enough in the looks department to give them a shot. Then minus the ones with kids, scammers, plus ones that don't respond back or flake and you'd still have maybe 25-50 to try. That's just in Manila alone. Broaden that to the whole country and you have a decent shot at finding a good girl. I realize you had other expectations than what others here or I have but I don't think it's quite as daunting a task as you make it seem. Sure it takes some time and effort but good things usually don't come without some energy expenditure.

A huge factor that helped me was simply making friends with some girls/guys. Perhaps it was easy for me because I'm around the age that the girls I was targeting were but that opened a whole other social circle. I even befriended a gay guy of the family I knew and he opened up some avenues (avenues I chose not to pursue because of reasons I shall not mention haha). Even my friend's stepmother, whom is 30 was messaging her friends and cousins telling them to meet me. It's like a job. It's all about networking, networking, networking. Online should be used as laying the ground work.


yeah DIA but these same girls ahve profiles on other sites Even "maverick" went looking for educated nice girls on filipinocupid and his report back was they were liars/scammers and he almost got drugged by another filipino guy and his girlfriend. he deleted it cause of sour grapes that i put in his face lol


Keep in mind that the whole searching on teh dating site and running around with your head cut off to different locations cause you saw one girl doesnt make sense for guys like me staying for months at a time. You run around and on a big shotgun approach of going from place to place. I want a more stable situation with a girl i see everyday and possibly lives with me in the area I stay. Hard to find a great girl like that.


I dont want to stay in manila its too expensive. i stay in one big metro area somewhere else because i get a good long term rate. I cant go running around all over the country for one single girl cause id eat up even more money on traveling also and lose my good rate on hotel. Also many of these girls are not that attractive on cam like you mentioned and some are scammers or hoes anyways. Some are flakes or idiot retards that just want to spend your money. others are virgins or prudes. It will be tough to find a vacation girlfriend once you get through all teh crap.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests