I am going to Thailand tomorrow.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Re: I am going to Thailand tomorrow.

Post by tamdrin12 »

Anyway... I broke up with the girl.. just told her I was sorry and need some time alone.. She was actually pretty understanding... She wanted to know what she did but I just said it was me and.. Lol she told me her love for me is true... I'm not really convinced but she really doesn't seem like too bad a person but has some things in her background I'd probably rather not know about. I'm glad this happened before anything that really pissed me off happened this way I can still have a somewhat positive perception of her.

It sucks having to be so cynical and skeptical about what girls tell you over here.... I have just heard an overwhelming amount of information about how many bad apples there are. Also it is hard to really judge someone before knowing them and observing them for a long time. The truth is I don't know her character or her thoughts I just have to guess based on my reference points.y

Anyway I'm hoping to stay single for a while and focus on work, study, and making some new friends..
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

tamdrin12 wrote:Anyway... I broke up with the girl.. just told her I was sorry and need some time alone.. She was actually pretty understanding... She wanted to know what she did but I just said it was me and.. Lol she told me her love for me is true... I'm not really convinced but she really doesn't seem like too bad a person but has some things in her background I'd probably rather not know about. I'm glad this happened before anything that really pissed me off happened this way I can still have a somewhat positive perception of her.

It sucks having to be so cynical and skeptical about what girls tell you over here.... I have just heard an overwhelming amount of information about how many bad apples there are. Also it is hard to really judge someone before knowing them and observing them for a long time. The truth is I don't know her character or her thoughts I just have to guess based on my reference points.y

Anyway I'm hoping to stay single for a while and focus on work, study, and making some new friends..
was this in person she was that nonchalant? her reaction is proof she is a hoe. real asian women would take it harder with a foreigner cause they dont have much chances in life to get one (unless they are a hoe LOL)

it doesn't suck being cynical. Im proud of you man you totally did the right thing. Dont feel guilty.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

Hey Guys,
I'm finishing up 5 months in Chiang Mai. I have to say I absolutely love it here. I think it's the best place I have ever lived. I am living a super comfortable and nice life on like $800 bucks a month. While, I live pretty simply but I have plenty to do what I want. I haven't been focused on the girls too much but I have met a lot and I have a few interested in me. It is not hard to pick up girls here! But that is not the only thing... I love having all the temples around and I am learning a bit of Thai too. My job has gotten easier and I have a cute assistant teacher who sits with me all day long. She is really nice and smiles a lot. We have been out a couple times together.... Haven't hooked up with her... actually she seems to be a good Thai girl... not the slut type at all.. from a good family and has her own car (a nice Toyota)... Anyway kind of have a crush on her but I'm not pushing it because we work together all day so to hang out all the time would be too much! On top of that it is sunny every friggin day. Actually today it is raining for the first time in like 3 months and its a nice change. There is really no sign of winter in Thailand which is a Stark change from Vermont. Oh yeah.. as you know there are tons of good food options in a place like Chiang Mai. Both Western and Thai and everything in between.. Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Mexican.. whatever you want.

I have been out partying a few nights. There is one bar where all the foreigners hang out.... My friend is like an expert at picking up backpacker chicks for one nights stands from there. I tend to gravitate more towards Asian women. All the Thai girls at that bar are freelance hoes... or at least a large majority of them... But as I said its not hard to get normal Thai chicks. But yes most of them are money oriented but it doesn't really matter. The girls are not the main reason I am here... I am just happy that life is good in all aspects right now and in my experience Thai people up in the north have been quite polite and friendly.. I really don't care if their smiles are fake or not.. I'd rather have fake smiles than real frowns..
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Good to know. CM is one of the places I'll consider for retirement. I too loved it when I visited. I'm taking my wife to Phuket next month. Really looking forward to it..