Why many white men get short end of stick with Thai women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote: From my experiences it's just different. Thai girls group white/foreign men as "farang" and it's just considered an other classification. I find that Thai girls pay more attention to your dress style and the basic attractiveness of your facial features more than anything. They like really young guys (19-23) with boyish looking faces.
I've been to Thai a lot and I definitely believe this is the KEY ISSUE. Race is just icing on the cake. If you look like a really young guy with a boyish face, many regular Thai girls are going to be attracted to you, smile at you, and wanna know you. And they will love to be seen with you in public. No need to be muscular, that tall or super masculine. Just really fit into their idea of fashionable and cute.

Thai can be a paradise for a westerner who looks like the above and wants to serial date or find a steady hottie. Funny thing is, most of them don't seem to fully capitalize on their position. So you tend to see them with more 'exoitic' types.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: I've been to Thai a lot and I definitely believe this is the KEY ISSUE. Race is just icing on the cake. If you look like a really young guy with a boyish face, many regular Thai girls are going to be attracted to you, smile at you, and wanna know you. And they will love to be seen with you in public. No need to be muscular, that tall or super masculine. Just really fit into their idea of fashionable and cute.
It's basically the man-purse carrying metrosexual looking effeminate looking guy. :lol: The "ideal" guy is usually slim, very boyish effete features, and ideally taller than average. A good asian example of this? Yu Darvish would do very very well with Thai ladies. A lot of Thai male soap stars have his look.
Thai can be a paradise for a westerner who looks like the above and wants to serial date or find a steady hottie. Funny thing is, most of them don't seem to fully capitalize on their position. So you tend to see them with more 'exoitic' types.

I think language is a barrier and the sketchy and more aggressive women play them fast and hard. If most guys simply took their sweet time they could have gotten something a lot better.

With that being said, i'm not sure it's worth it to go through all that cultural rigamarole to get with regular Thai girls. I've already posted about the Thai mentality a lot and honestly the longer I live here the less attractive Thai women are to me. I still think ethnic Chinese women look far better in most cases. With Chinese girls the upside and possibilities are just much greater.

At the airport I saw a couple Chinese girls with their parents and one of them wasn't the stereotypical super slim Chinese girl but they were both sexy and tall. They stood out. I see Thai girls that stand out too but 99% of the time it's because of their Chinese heritage mixed in.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

FreeYourMind wrote:
Excellent post. I hope that sites like this one will improve the quality of Western expats and I think that is happening. Now instead of just mongers, a lot more quality men, who used to be respected and rewarded in the Anglosphere for their character, are looking elsewhere and that's a healthy reaction to the poison of feminism and the toxic women who now inhabit the Anglosphere.
Well I've seen a clear increase of younger and professional expat types in places like Bangkok. And with it, an emerging financially independent class of Thais who date foreigners purely out of interest, not for money. From what I've read, a generation ago, Thailand was just whores and good girls and as a foreigner, you pretty much stuck to the latter.

Also, in the P4P arena, there has been a visible increase of younger guys over the last 10-15 years in some of the hotspots, both from western countries and developed NE Asia. The frustration with home country women is not just a US phenomenon. Its a NA, western European, Aussie, and NE Asian trend. Thing is, this has caused even some of the P4P women to be a lot more picky about who they service. This is especially true for the better looking gals and the longer term GF type experiences. A more attractive dude will have a much easier time finding a decent looking or better P4P girl to hang out with and date at a value for money price. But the types of guys who generally don't appeal to younger girls will find it much easier to stick with rougher looking single moms or the all-business professional types who will cost a lot more and generally not deliver any GF illusion.

Supply and demand. A decade ago, SE Asia was cheap. The money flowed this way and wala, prices rose and consumption arbitrage opportunities diminished. Same thing is happening now with women. Increase in quantity and quality of guys guys, rising expectations and demands from local women, dating or P4P arbitrage opportunities diminished.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Repatriate wrote:It's basically the man-purse carrying metrosexual looking effeminate looking guy. :lol: The "ideal" guy is usually slim, very boyish effete features, and ideally taller than average. A good asian example of this? Yu Darvish would do very very well with Thai ladies. A lot of Thai male soap stars have his look.
The above type is popular for sure but there are loads of Thai women who outright dislike that type. In any case there are not nearly enough good looking Thai men to fulfill either the pretty-boy fetish or the masculine handsome man fetish, indeed the latter type hardly exists among Thais and other Southeast Asians, so if you look like either one, you'll have more female attention than you can deal with.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

It's literally a daily occurrence away from cities or neighborhoods with large asian populations. It also happens a lot more with AA men than AA women. There's definitely a strong racial-caste in the U.S. which you've written about but it's much more serious than you think when it comes to casual disrespect.
But how is it expressed? What actually happens? In what way do people treat you disrespectfully?

Most Filipinos live on the west coast and a high percent in asian populated areas like Torrance, CA. It's not a good sample size to work off of. Plus what people experience and how they show it is completely different. A lot of AA are pretty complacent or passive about their treatment or they would literally turn bitter and angry. This is something that's often talked about already and there's an overwhelming amount of articles that discuss the way AA are treated in the U.S. It's not good at all. Economically there are positive things about being in the U.S. but socially it's often really bad for AA men in particular.
I do think Filipinos get treated differently because a lot of them look more Hispanic than Asian. Not all of them live in California. Many are dispersed around the country. They still love America and Americans and are very proud of being "Americans". They talk proud, have a ghetto black walk and you rarely see them complain. Well, I don't know. You know better.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ladislav wrote: But how is it expressed? What actually happens? In what way do people treat you disrespectfully?

I don't normally talk in depth about these issues because I realize how pointless it is on the internet but i'm surprised you come across as being so naive about it. I've had guys randomly try to pick fights with me before (years ago) while minding my own business. People driving by have yelled slurs out the window...ie. chink, gook, etc.. It's not unusual to get really poor service in restaurants and other places such as people serving white patrons first or generally acting disinterested or rude when you are ordering.

Does this happen _all_ the time? No but it happens frequently enough outside of areas with a large asian population. I'm pretty well traveled around the U.S. and have been to many many states. Overall, i'd say people are just not very friendly towards asian men, there's even some actual contempt there in some cases.

I do think Filipinos get treated differently because a lot of them look more Hispanic than Asian. Not all of them live in California. Many are dispersed around the country. They still love America and Americans and are very proud of being "Americans". They talk proud, have a ghetto black walk and you rarely see them complain. Well, I don't know. You know better.
Not all of course but statistically most asians live in a select few major cities on the west or east coast. This is true across all Asian-american nationalities. You have outliers living in the midwest, south, etc.. but they tend to be very rare. I happened to have lived in both the south and the west coast before. I know what it's like across these culturally varied U.S. regions.

I think a lot of Filipinos are happy to be anywhere outside the Philippines...especially the women. It's just a culture that borrows a lot of its identity from America. It's basically still a colony so when you say that a lot of Filipinos seem really proud to be American i'm not surprised about this at all. However, I have met and talked with a lot of Filipino Americans who also express the racial issues living in the U.S. they have had the same experiences i've had. Some are more or less open to talk about it depending on who the listener is.

Ladislav, another thing.. a lot of minorities probably won't talk openly about these things with "white" Americans. The reason why is because it's usually automatically dismissed or the responses are kind of like the ones you are giving me now..sort of dismissive or disbelieving in most cases. It's pretty annoying which is why I tend not to focus on it much outside of people who have experienced similar things.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

ladislav wrote:
I agree. When a foreigner is giving you a report of his experience in a country, he is telling you more about himself than the country. It is a subjective experience and hard to unravel the observer from the observed. One's intentions and behavior will color your experience. That is why you will never have any idea of what a country is like until you go there yourself.

An American with good intentions will easily fit in like Dave of Dave's Cafe:
It is absolutely correct that you are a variable in the equation, however, it would also be unfair to pin the blame on the person alone thus denying prejudice on the part of the population. Oh, if he dresses well and he is a polite person than he would be treated well and fit in easily.

Because if you reversed the roles and said that say, an Asian person would be well treated in some redneck town if he had only dressed well and behaved and if he gets his a## kicked for looking foreign, well you would probably not pin the blame on him. Oh, the rednecks are mad and want to beat that person up because, oh well, he is acting rude.

His only fault is that he is of a different race in the wrong place.

However, if it is a white American or any other white person, automatically it is him that is guilty. Hmm, sounds a bit naive.

I am sure that your actions can reduce prejudice somewhat but if there is a significant racial bias in the air, they will not eliminate it. Sometimes, it is better not to even go there to begin with.
That's why I presented a picture of a happy couple in Thailand. Facts trump theory.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ladislav wrote:
It's literally a daily occurrence away from cities or neighborhoods with large asian populations. It also happens a lot more with AA men than AA women. There's definitely a strong racial-caste in the U.S. which you've written about but it's much more serious than you think when it comes to casual disrespect.
But how is it expressed? What actually happens? In what way do people treat you disrespectfully?

Most Filipinos live on the west coast and a high percent in asian populated areas like Torrance, CA. It's not a good sample size to work off of. Plus what people experience and how they show it is completely different. A lot of AA are pretty complacent or passive about their treatment or they would literally turn bitter and angry. This is something that's often talked about already and there's an overwhelming amount of articles that discuss the way AA are treated in the U.S. It's not good at all. Economically there are positive things about being in the U.S. but socially it's often really bad for AA men in particular.
The "ghettoized Filipinos" often don't think of themselves as "Asians" for the most part; they consider themselves part of the urban Black and Latino populations in the US. And not all Filipinos "love America." Some do, yes, but not all... And you have to take into account, the Philippines is the most "Westernized" of all Asian countries, so they have the easiest time assimilating and fitting into American society. I've also met many Filipinos who express the same type of resentment that other Asian groups feel in the US.

My take on why some Asians "love the U.S.," and why some don't, may have to do with how materialistic and selfish they are: for example, if they love money and enjoy the hyper-competitive and downright repressive nature of a cutthroat society--than the U.S. is the perfect country for you. On the other hand, for some Asians like me that want more in life than the shallow, consumer-oriented, lonely lifestyle offered by the U.S., than living overseas is the better option.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote: My take on why some Asians "love the U.S.," and why some don't, may have to do with how materialistic and selfish they are: for example, if they love money and enjoy the hyper-competitive and downright repressive nature of a cutthroat society--than the U.S. is the perfect country for you. On the other hand, for some Asians like me that want more in life than the shallow, consumer-oriented, lonely lifestyle offered by the U.S., than living overseas is the better option.
It is what it is. If there's one thing about America that makes it America is that it rewards hyper competitive ambitiousness and sociopath type personalities. I don't think this is always bad though. I know lots of poor asian immigrants who moved to America and were willing to work like dogs to get to the middle class. Despite all the racism and crap that AA's put up with at least the economic success part of it is achievable.

In this thread Rock mentioned that he's seeing more and more young western men overseas these days. I have observed this over the past 5 years as well. That's not a good sign for western countries especially the U.S. It shows there's increasing disillusionment and a crumbling of the economic middle class. More men in their prime working years are willing to forgo any possible benefits of living in their home country to try their luck overseas with menial labor (teaching) or foreign women. I can understand why a lot of minority men would seek fortunes elsewhere these days but when white American men who have every advantage in the U.S. do this that means the system is faltering big time.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Western expats in HK are known as FILTH- Failed In London, Try Hong kong. Then the ones who failed in the Orient are called FISHTAILs- Failed In ShangHai, Try Again in London.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

Repatriate wrote:
zboy1 wrote: My take on why some Asians "love the U.S.," and why some don't, may have to do with how materialistic and selfish they are: for example, if they love money and enjoy the hyper-competitive and downright repressive nature of a cutthroat society--than the U.S. is the perfect country for you. On the other hand, for some Asians like me that want more in life than the shallow, consumer-oriented, lonely lifestyle offered by the U.S., than living overseas is the better option.
It is what it is. If there's one thing about America that makes it America is that it rewards hyper competitive ambitiousness and sociopath type personalities. I don't think this is always bad though. I know lots of poor asian immigrants who moved to America and were willing to work like dogs to get to the middle class. Despite all the racism and crap that AA's put up with at least the economic success part of it is achievable.

In this thread Rock mentioned that he's seeing more and more young western men overseas these days. I have observed this over the past 5 years as well. That's not a good sign for western countries especially the U.S. It shows there's increasing disillusionment and a crumbling of the economic middle class. More men in their prime working years are willing to forgo any possible benefits of living in their home country to try their luck overseas with menial labor (teaching) or foreign women. I can understand why a lot of minority men would seek fortunes elsewhere these days but when white American men who have every advantage in the U.S. do this that means the system is faltering big time.

I agree, but in The Consequences of Unapproachability thread, you argue the opposite, namely "It will go on indefinitely. America doesn't have the stomach for real change." A small minority of American men with good heads on their shoulders who decide to expat can have serious consequences for the status quo in the U.S.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ladislav wrote:Western expats in HK are known as FILTH- Failed In London, Try Hong kong. Then the ones who failed in the Orient are called FISHTAILs- Failed In ShangHai, Try Again in London.
Until very recently (as in the past few years) the economic gap between SE Asia/parts of NE Asia and the U.S. was tremendous though. Immigrating to the U.S. was the obvious choice for purely economic reasons.

When my parents immigrated I think the average GDP per capita of Taiwan was something like 1/25th that of the U.S. It was a ridiculous disparity, immigration was the brain dead obvious choice.

These days it's not so cut and dry. If I am a person not living in poverty in SE/NE Asia why would I move to the U.S. unless the economic benefits were staggeringly good? In most cases it's not..new immigrants these days would make similar low wages in the U.S. that aren't much better than many service positions in countries like Thailand.

Making $1,200 a month in the U.S. in some shitty service job is NOT better than making $500 a month in some comparatively low skilled position in let's say Bangkok. The obvious reasons are cost of living, cultural difficulties etc.. In the past the economic gap was much wider than this.

Asians from drastically poorer countries (Myanmar, Philippines, Laos, mainland China, etc..) will still want to immigrate to the U.S. but I see the patterns changing. I already see this on the west coast a lot of asian immigrants aren't really immigrants at all but wealthy urban upper class types who are buying their second homes in the U.S. or sending their kids to study abroad before going back to Asia.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

FreeYourMind wrote:
I agree, but in The Consequences of Unapproachability thread, you argue the opposite, namely "It will go on indefinitely. America doesn't have the stomach for real change." A small minority of American men with good heads on their shoulders who decide to expat can have serious consequences for the status quo in the U.S.
I'm not arguing the opposite. The amount of younger western men overseas has certainly increased but overall it's still a tiny percentage of the 300+ million U.S. population. It's not some paradigm shifting exodus but an incremental one that's barely noticeable unless you're also an expat who has lived overseas for years.

Like I said the vast majority of the U.S. population will continue as is unabated or unaffected by this. The American lifestyle will throw a wet blanket on any kind of actual change in thinking. The status quo is controlled in part by an American culture that is resistant to outside influences.
Teamsatan
Freshman Poster

Post by Teamsatan »

Wow what a thread.

Racism, every person has received it especially if they have traveled.
Try being a white guy in the middle east.
A couple of guns shoved into my face because they don't like my colour....hell give me bad service anytime.

Thai women, been steady with two in the last three years.
They are some of the most beautiful loving people on the earth. Yet both times I have been "outbid" yes a man with more money willing to do what they want, when they want.
This was the exact reason i waited to see their true behavior. Also I am a little nervous of the political situation. Anything could happen after the king passes.

Well my experience tells me that money is above all with thai women. Yet not all should be regarded this way...but they seem much more likely to jump ship for the almighty dollar than others i have known.

So there is a trip planned for the phils...my first. Mostly for curiosity sake, also to see first hand what filipina's in the philippines are like.

As I wrote elsewhere in this forum filipina's here in Australia dont want anything to do with white guys. Even up the money and they prefer their own kind.

Money, money , money........sad but thats what really counts.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

"... filipina's here in Australia dont want anything to do with white guys. Even up the money and they prefer their own kind.

Money, money , money........sad but thats what really counts."

That is very well said, so DON'T even think about bringing her back home to Australia from Philipines...just dont do it.

with Thais i have a feeling I could fck any thai woman with 200 bucks, how many would turn down that offer?10% 20% max