Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why many white men get short end of stick with Thai women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby chanta76 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:50 am

I think part of the reason why there is racism in THailand towards white men is well the quality of the expats in Thailand on the average is pretty low. For the most part most of the expats go there to f**k the women . I mean if plane loads of Asian men flew into the states of some other western countries and all they did was look for p4p action. What do you think the locals will think? I would think there would be a backlash and local white guys beating down on Asian guys for f***ing white girls.

I mean honestly I really think part of the reason why western (white guys) go to Asia is because of the stereotypical element of the Asian women being easier or docile compared to western women. It's like the sexual other stereotype. I seen expats in Asia and sometimes they have this fake superiority complex over local Asian people. Just because your white doesn't mean your natural superior but some white people have that belief system.

So there will be some backlashes. I always hear that Korean people are racist..or Japanese people are racist and now Thai people are racist.

Well..I'm an Asian guy who grew up in US of A and can tell you that I been called "chink, gook, ..etc..etc" ,I been rejected by white women because of my race and I also been attacked by group of white guys because of my race and told to go home .
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm







Postby zboy1 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:01 am

chanta76 wrote:I think part of the reason why there is racism in THailand towards white men is well the quality of the expats in Thailand on the average is pretty low. For the most part most of the expats go there to f**k the women . I mean if plane loads of Asian men flew into the states of some other western countries and all they did was look for p4p action. What do you think the locals will think? I would think there would be a backlash and local white guys beating down on Asian guys for f***ing white girls.

I mean honestly I really think part of the reason why western (white guys) go to Asia is because of the stereotypical element of the Asian women being easier or docile compared to western women. It's like the sexual other stereotype. I seen expats in Asia and sometimes they have this fake superiority complex over local Asian people. Just because your white doesn't mean your natural superior but some white people have that belief system.

So there will be some backlashes. I always hear that Korean people are racist..or Japanese people are racist and now Thai people are racist.

Well..I'm an Asian guy who grew up in US of A and can tell you that I been called "chink, gook, ..etc..etc" ,I been rejected by white women because of my race and I also been attacked by group of white guys because of my race and told to go home .


Yup, your experiences mirrors mine chanta. I've been subjected to all kinds of racial abuse and putdowns because I'm an Asian male. I've had white women, black women, Latina's reject me because of my race. I don't think people realize just how difficult it is to be an Asian male in a Western world.

I also agree with your observations of many white men in Asia. Some whites in Asia do have this racial supremacist belief, and it makes me sick! Some White people in general, tend to think that all non-whites are inferior to them. It happens in the U.S. as well. I've seen examples of chauvinistic and racist white male behavior a lot in my life. Of course, not all white males are like this, just a small minority of them who really can come off as total assholes. And Chanta, lets not forget that in many Western countries, it's white males that often the target of abuse and negative stereotypes too. In fact, I believe there is a targeted agenda by the elites to emasculate White males and get people to blame the white man for all the problems in the world. Divide and conquer in other words. White men are subjected to daily doses of feminism, misogyny, and political correctness. As a result I often notice that many white males feel just as angry and fed up as any angry Asian or Black male out there!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby chanta76 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:25 am

zboy1,

You do bring up a good point. In the west to a certain degree white males are attacked. Why? Supposedly it;s because the white males are the dominate group that is oppressing other groups. I say this supposedly.

But in the third world..to some extent being white male gives them privileges. Allot of it is because western countries are wealthy and the stereotypes is that white westerners have money and so on.

But as an Asian guy...let me tell you. For all the white guys and black guys here bitching and complaining about America or western women..you don't know how bad Asian men have it. At least with white women and black women they for the most part still want to date white or black men but with Asian guys a fair number of Asian american women don't even want to date us. Not all..there still is fair number of Asian American women who prefer Asian men but it's not a pretty picture for Asian American guys.

I think as a group I would not be surprise if Asian American guys have the highest rate where they get their wives back in their own native Asian countries.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Postby Repatriate » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Arab-Americans, Indian-Americans, and Asian-Americans are three groups where i'd say it's much more uniquely beneficial to live abroad with American citizenship rather than live in America itself. Arab-Americans have it pretty shitty in most cases too. A lot of them can pass as being another ethnicity but when people find out then they face heavy discrimination. Indians are similar to Asian Americans in the poor representation and treatment in U.S. society but possibly a little bit better because they can also pass as another ethnicity.

Ladislav mentioned how shitty it was being an eastern european male in the U.S. many times so I don't think people who look white necessarily get a free pass either but in the case of all prior mentioned ethnicities it's particularly bad in most cases.

With that being said if you are exceptionally talented, good looking, or ambitious it's still possible to go very far in U.S. society. If you're merely average though and want to have a normal social life it's really not worth staying in the U.S. in most cases.

Look at guys like 4 star general Shinseki and various Asian-Americans in Obama's cabinet. These guys got there somehow so it's still possible to do things outside of being in the main (black, white) ethnic groups.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Fenix » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh, I know how bad Asian men have it and I feel sorry for all of them. It is not fair, but what can you do? I wish racism didn't exist. Minorities always feel this invisible racist shield around us. It gets nuts. I have read and seen articles and videos about black men and Asian men are the least desirable and other stereotypes. It sucks ass, but what can we do? I am glad we have 200+ countries where we can find another place to be accepted or try to be accepted.

Back to Asian Men: I see this shit everywhere and online. 9 times out of 10, the Asian girl will have a white boyfriend. I would feel extremely upset if I were an Asian man and all of "my women" were dating only white men. I would feel like shit. Many of the Asian women don't even like Asian men and date white guys. Many of them use whitening and try to be white as possible. I don't get it, but that's the way it is. I don't know why this is like this, but maybe I shouldn't know why? Many people don't say shit about white male/Asian female relationships, but black male/white woman? Man, shit storm! Grab your plastic poncho!

So, I understand the Asian male's perspective. Even though I don't find black women attractive, it makes you wonder why they don't like you. Other races of women seem to dig me, but your "own women" want nothing to do with you. Not just American black skanks, but all of them from around the world. Somethings aren't meant to be. I don't like black women, so it is no big deal.

If an Asian male only likes Asian women and nothing else, I could see how bad it can be. Attraction is not a choice.

I feel your pain Asian men. I do. I have been researching this for 6 years now.
Fenix
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 am
Location: The Deadpool

Postby chanta76 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:02 am

Phoenix Sosa,

Part of the reason why there is a inter-racial disparity among Asian American is that asian women are sought after by all types of guys where as Asian men do not have the same benefit from all types of women. It's kind of true too within the black community where an educated black man is highly valued where as an educated black women do not have the same weight in stock.

Some of it is sexual stereotypes . Example black men are more masculine and better in bed than white guys..and Asian women are exotic and docile compared to white women. Some of these stereotypes are the by product of white hegemony. I mean this as no offense to any white male posters here. It's part of the post colonist mentality that still exist today and the by product of Hollywood films that are force fed through out the world.

White guys get threaten by black men taking white women that's why whenever inter-racial is talked about they focus on black men and white women. But stats wise white men marrying to Asian women is the highest inter-racial couples in America . But no one speaks about the disparity because it benefits white men.

So ..we still have this white hegemony that exist today. People argue that's attraction is not a choice and that it's a preference. I don't know about that. A hot women is hot women regardless of race but what gets cloudy is association and stereotypes. I mean just look at this forum. We stereotype women in the Philippines vs women in Russia. It seems to me that filipina are easier to deal with than Russian women but if the roles were reverse plane loads of expats will probably leave the Philippines and head to Russia. It just that Russian women seem difficult to deal with. Is this all true for all Russian or Filipina? Probably not. But it's the perception that matters.

I'm just surprise that there isn't too many Asian guys getting guns and shooting random people. I mean I know single Asian American guys and they feel hopeless about their situation. Some do go back to find a wife while others study pua and others hope to God something will change. It's sad really.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Postby Repatriate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:22 am

^^^

Yeah, like I said before wrong race, wrong religion is the ultimate disqualifier in the mainstream U.S. dating pool. With that being said I did date a variety of girls from asian-american girls to white to hispanic girls in high school. I did grow up in a high school that was 35% asian and 40% hispanic though so that was probably why I didn't have many issues. I don't think the dating issues are nearly as serious when you're around a racial mix that has a high percentage of hispanic and asian. I've always felt that there's ultimately more compatibility between latin types and asian populations. If you look at South America the asian population has integrated in naturally especially in Brazil.

I do feel for the asian guys who had to go to a school in the sticks though. I don't think you could have paid me enough money to go to high school in the U.S. midwest, new england area, or the south.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Banano » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:57 am

I have to admit that being Asian male in America is not easy but it has nothing to do with 'racisam', it is just that white women dont like that particular look so you cant blame them; short, fat peoople could argue that they are disadvantaged. Plus asians are not good in bed and small penis, all these things are just reality which we cant deny.
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Postby Repatriate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:22 am

Banano wrote:I have to admit that being Asian male in America is not easy but it has nothing to do with 'racisam', it is just that white women dont like that particular look so you cant blame them; short, fat peoople could argue that they are disadvantaged. Plus asians are not good in bed and small penis, all these things are just reality which we cant deny.

:lol: It's pretty obviously racial in 99% of the situations i've encountered.

With that being said I don't see any good looking men of any race being rejected by their "own" women though.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Disillusioned_American » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:43 am

chanta76 wrote:I mean honestly I really think part of the reason why western (white guys) go to Asia is because of the stereotypical element of the Asian women being easier or docile compared to western women. It's like the sexual other stereotype. I seen expats in Asia and sometimes they have this fake superiority complex over local Asian people. Just because your white doesn't mean your natural superior but some white people have that belief system.


Honestly, my interests for wanting to go to Asia have more to do with the cheap cost of living, good food, warm weather, being able to buy tailored-made leisure suits (tailors are common in say, Vietnam, but obviously not in the sloppily-dressed US), getting an ordinary, inexpensive haircut from a traditional barber (hard to find and costs more $ in the US), laid-back, stress-free lifestyle, etc. Would anyone consider those the wrong intentions? I admit that I find some asian women sexy, but overall, I am more attracted to indian and south american women, or eastern european women. I'm not interested in P4P. From the standpoint of avoiding racial bigotry as a white guy, it would probably make more sense to emigrate to places such as Serbia, or Russia, which I have also considered. Although, it's hard to beat the unique experience that many westerners and europeans seem to be seeking when they immerse themselves into an asian culture.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Postby chanta76 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:05 am

Banano,

You Asian or a white guy? Again stereotypes abounds.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Postby Repatriate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:10 am

chanta76 wrote:Banano,

You Asian or a white guy? Again stereotypes abounds.

He's probably white Australian judging by his profile. I've met aussies and they are usually pretty racist like South Africans but they speak their mind and don't mince words on what they think. On some level I do respect that.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby ladislav » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 am

So there will be some backlashes. I always hear that Korean people are racist..or Japanese people are racist and now Thai people are racist.

Well..I'm an Asian guy who grew up in US of A and can tell you that I been called "chink, gook, ..etc..etc" ,I been rejected by white women because of my race and I also been attacked by group of white guys because of my race and told to go home .


Well, you need to read Thai history to understand why the resentment. It goes much deeper into the past. Sex tourism by white people is just another proof to them of how lowly the Farangs are. Because many Asians go to Thailand, such as Japanese and Koreans and Singaporeans and do the same and have fun and no one says anything. It is just that the Thais have been taught that white people wish to colonize their country and are in a way a threat to their sovereignty. Hence, the mistrust and scorn behind a smile. plus the school curricula that teach the greatness of the Thai culture, its good morality vs. the corrupt evil societies of the Farang where people walk to school naked and where everyone is screwing anyone they want. But they like the money of the Farang and that's all.

As far as the racial tension and the constant pressure that people feel, it sucks, that is why one needs to find places in the world where racism is so minimal that it does not affect one's life in any big way. And believe you me, there are plenty of places like that and you do not have to live with racism. Just don't exchange one hell for another. Don't leave America to go to some other racist hellhole.

Otherwise one is forever doomed to living in a stressful and unhappy state of mind, and will develop deep seated resentments and complexes towards other human beings, and it is absolutely not healthy. It is not life! Life shouldn't be like that so don't accept it. So, whoever you are, do know that there is a great place on earth where you belong, and it's got your name on it and you will be happy there. You can't imagine how good it feels when that racial pressure is off you and you can finally live a normal life.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Repatriate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:00 am

Once again Ladislav said it better than anyone. It's absolutely true what he says there are 100+ countries in this world and the racial dynamic can be very different in each. The anglo world is pretty inhospitable to anyone outside of the accepted ethnicities or you have to go through a lifetime of "proving" yourself usually through your work to get anywhere socially.

Other places like Thailand are not a good fit for some people as well. People just have to travel more and figure out what combination works and what doesn't.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Disillusioned_American » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:46 pm

ladislav wrote:As far as the racial tension and the constant pressure that people feel, it sucks, that is why one needs to find places in the world where racism is so minimal that it does not affect one's life in any big way. And believe you me, there are plenty of places like that and you do not have to live with racism. Just don't exchange one hell for another. Don't leave America to go to some other racist hellhole.


How do your experiences in the Philippines compare to the racism found in Thailand? Would you say that whites are less well regarded in Thailand than the Philippines, due to the latter country being less racially homogenous, and because of it's long history of colonization by western powers, as compared to Thailand which hasn't been colonized? I think I recall hearing you say, in an interview with Winston, that you feel that there is, overall, less racial tension present in the PI than in the US.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Falcon and 2 guests