Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Philippines can be lonely if you're picky like me

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Philippines can be lonely if you're picky like me

Postby Will N. Dowd » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:54 pm

I have high standards in appearance for myself and for girls I meet and hopefully sleep with. I almost always use online dating to meet girls here, and I screen them on skype and/or facebook before meeting them. I have to admit that most of the time I do that I end up not wanting to meet them. Girls profile pictures are almost always using camera tricks to make their skin flawless, but when you meet them it's a different story. Most Filipinas have poor or bad skin, and of course it gets worse with age, typically very fast. Missing and or rotten teeth is the second worst offender after skin, but you usually can't see that in pictures.

So anyways, It is easy to meet girls online here, however, if you are after girls that let's say are 7/10 or higher, it's pretty tough. I used to meet as many girls as possible, but then realized I was wasting time since most were below what I wanted and I felt embarrassed to be with them, because I used to model and still get told I look like one. Girls tell me I look like Jason Statham now. I have a very short buzz cut hair and permanent 3 day stubble. I'm not as built as him though, but I'm 6 foot 1 and 75 kgs, so slim, but fit. When I had longer hair they told me I looked like Paul Walker or George Clooney. So yes I'm so gwapo girls say, and this of course gets me cute girls. If I can't get cute or hot girls, I'm not interested, and that's what makes it lonely here sometimes. I would still rather be alone than be with girls I don't find attractive. Luckily I have a very attractive regular gal that stays with me off and on, but when she is not here, I meet other girls, with good success in bedding them. So it's quality over quantity for me. Their are only a few girls I regretted doing it with, and I don't want to add to that number.
Will N. Dowd
Freshman Poster

Postby Paloaltoguy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:52 pm

You look like you might be faking Kevin Costner in that pic! Someone call FakeBusters.com!!!!!
Guts Over Fear
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Postby chanta76 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Talk about being narcissistic.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Mr S » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Filipinos tend to always equate white foreigners to some celebrity they know of. I always get called Steven Segal when I walk around which I find annoying, I'm assuming it's what he looked like in his hay day, not now. I also used to be the lead singer of Creed when they were popular in the mainstream, not so much now though. I've been called some wrestler's name, I forget who now, just cause he had long hair and I have long hair. It's part of being in the country, you gotta learn to roll with it when you are here in this country.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby Will N. Dowd » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:40 pm

My avatar picture is Kevin Costner, NOT me.
Will N. Dowd
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:03 pm

I agree since im very picky. My low hanging fruit gf was about a 6 or 6.2 on MY scale which wasn't enoughto really keep me happy. But also her attitude wsa part of the reason i was missing my old bargirl gf. Anyways i strayed away and was bad partly cause i wanted better. In the end i kept going back to her cause i needed the help around the hotel while i was busy with my work AND she was a good companion overall and kept me from being lonely and wasting my time in phil. 6 months in phil can get boring or hard to do fi you dont have a girl to spend all day with everyday if your not retired and you know your spending money to stay there for long periods. Im not retired or even close so i have a lot of work to do so i can't be running around with my head cut off chasing women for 6 months when i have shit to do lol

Its one reason why I may not come back for a few years cause ill just wind up doing my work in the day and with a lighter wallet with some low hanging fruit girl who is hot enough to bang but not the girl im really interested in. And since im busy with my work and most filipinas online are ugly or flakes its hard to court a great looking girl who has some personality.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:14 pm

Am I supposed to feel sympathy or something? You're a spoiled, narcissistic pretty-boy complaining because you're picky. Wow, I feel for you, you poor, poor thing you...
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Philippines can be lonely if you're picky like me

Postby hammanta » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:10 am

Will N. Dowd wrote:I have high standards in appearance for myself and for girls I meet and hopefully sleep with. I almost always use online dating to meet girls here, and I screen them on skype and/or facebook before meeting them. I have to admit that most of the time I do that I end up not wanting to meet them. Girls profile pictures are almost always using camera tricks to make their skin flawless, but when you meet them it's a different story. Most Filipinas have poor or bad skin, and of course it gets worse with age, typically very fast. Missing and or rotten teeth is the second worst offender after skin, but you usually can't see that in pictures.

So anyways, It is easy to meet girls online here, however, if you are after girls that let's say are 7/10 or higher, it's pretty tough. I used to meet as many girls as possible, but then realized I was wasting time since most were below what I wanted and I felt embarrassed to be with them, because I used to model and still get told I look like one. Girls tell me I look like Jason Statham now. I have a very short buzz cut hair and permanent 3 day stubble. I'm not as built as him though, but I'm 6 foot 1 and 75 kgs, so slim, but fit. When I had longer hair they told me I looked like Paul Walker or George Clooney. So yes I'm so gwapo girls say, and this of course gets me cute girls. If I can't get cute or hot girls, I'm not interested, and that's what makes it lonely here sometimes. I would still rather be alone than be with girls I don't find attractive. Luckily I have a very attractive regular gal that stays with me off and on, but when she is not here, I meet other girls, with good success in bedding them. So it's quality over quantity for me. Their are only a few girls I regretted doing it with, and I don't want to add to that number.

Congrats you want a cookie. Every foreigner who isn't a complete fatty is considered handsome there. I know a 45 year old, average height and weight pale white guy whom is 50% bald, that has been called gwapo by tons of filipinas. Hell I get hit on by girls and guys and the "inbetweens" all the time there and I'm no model.

You get mediocrity when you put forth a mediocre effort. If you are unhappy with the online girls then use day game, volunteer, join a church, play some sports, join some activist group or whatever to put yourself out there and be seen. If you are unwilling to do that than simply stick to bar girls or the "average" girl as you so call them.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Postby Raja » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:43 am

Mr S wrote:Filipinos tend to always equate white foreigners to some celebrity they know of. I always get called Steven Segal when I walk around which I find annoying, I'm assuming it's what he looked like in his hay day, not now. I also used to be the lead singer of Creed when they were popular in the mainstream, not so much now though. I've been called some wrestler's name, I forget who now, just cause he had long hair and I have long hair. It's part of being in the country, you gotta learn to roll with it when you are here in this country.

Not just white folk, I was another Denzel Washington to our generation and Will Smith to our kids generation.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby davewe » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:39 am

hammanta wrote:Congrats you want a cookie. Every foreigner who isn't a complete fatty is considered handsome there. I know a 45 year old, average height and weight pale white guy whom is 50% bald, that has been called gwapo by tons of filipinas.

Damn to be 45 again :)
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:05 am

davewe wrote:
Damn to be 45 again :)

:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Hero » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:19 am

One gorgeous Filipina told me that I look like Ben Affleck. That's not even remotely true. :lol:
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby green1976 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:13 am

Looks like you are making an American Woman type behavior but that's the point here:"Guys who reads you can confirm that they are some places where an invisible western man back home condemned to wank can be picky,demanding,rejects many women in the Philippines.

That's the optimist fact here and i had the same problem in Thailand but i just feel grateful that at least i can be picky,i can choose even if they are not the best ones.

Give me this any day versus dying of loneliness or having to be a lackey in the West just to get a mediocre woman who will make my life miserable.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Postby OutWest » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Ghost wrote:Am I supposed to feel sympathy or something? You're a spoiled, narcissistic pretty-boy complaining because you're picky. Wow, I feel for you, you poor, poor thing you...

+1. The kind of self-absorbed sex tourist that I warn Filipinas about...lol
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby Rock » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:34 pm

I get a chuckle out of foreigners who let that gwapo and pogo stuff go to their heads. My gosh, I've even seen them say those kinds of things to guys who are clearly below average looking. And guess what, they don't always sing the same tune behind your back lol.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand