Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Can Comicbook Guy Marry in the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Can Comicbook Guy Marry in the Philippines?

Postby davewe » August 27th, 2014, 12:13 am

Last edited by davewe on August 27th, 2014, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby Ghost » August 27th, 2014, 3:09 am

I didn't think there was any man who couldn't.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Postby MarcosZeitola » August 27th, 2014, 3:13 am

Ghost wrote:I didn't think there was any man who couldn't.


The Philippines: where all men shall marry, but none shall ever divorce!

Nicely written article, btw! Kudos on the young wife and the good life you guys seem to be having. Hope I'll be as vital at 62.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 8:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Can Comicbook Guy Marry in the Philippines?

Postby Jester » August 27th, 2014, 7:00 am

davewe wrote:I'm betting he can. But should he?


http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2014/08 ... pines-can/[/url]


Link seems broken

:(
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Can Comicbook Guy Marry in the Philippines?

Postby davewe » August 27th, 2014, 7:07 am

Jester wrote:
davewe wrote:I'm betting he can. But should he?


http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2014/08 ... pines-can/[/url]


Link seems broken

:(


Fixed now

http://www.marriedafilipina.com/2014/08 ... pines-can/
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

Postby newlifeinphilippines » August 27th, 2014, 9:32 am

hmmm your wife sounds sassy saying foreigners treat the wives like sex slaves nad maids. Aren't that why all guys marry filipians? LOL besides the local filipino guys treat them much worse. hmmm remind me not to marry a filipina, already getting attitude. hahaha
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: December 14th, 2013, 12:06 am

Postby hammanta » August 27th, 2014, 2:39 pm

In this case the guys were more worried that the estimated cost of said documents (1000 pesos = approx. $25) is just one more area where those thieves in Manila are ripping off poor foreigners who can already barely afford their daily ration of San Miguel.


:D nice humor

Now I don't wanna bring on an all out alcohol war but........... San Miguel is IMO a terrible beer. *gasp* Colt 45 and Red Horse are stronger, cheaper, and way better tasting.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 650
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby MarcosZeitola » August 27th, 2014, 2:43 pm

hammanta wrote:
In this case the guys were more worried that the estimated cost of said documents (1000 pesos = approx. $25) is just one more area where those thieves in Manila are ripping off poor foreigners who can already barely afford their daily ration of San Miguel.


:D nice humor

Now I don't wanna bring on an all out alcohol war but........... San Miguel is IMO a terrible beer. *gasp* Colt 45 and Red Horse are stronger, cheaper, and way better tasting.


Red Horse is also made by the same Brewery as San Miguel light and San Miguel gin, namely the San Miguel Brewery. But I agree, Red Horse is clearly the superior beer and a more economic choice.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2033
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 8:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Postby davewe » August 27th, 2014, 5:06 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:hmmm your wife sounds sassy saying foreigners treat the wives like sex slaves nad maids. Aren't that why all guys marry filipians? LOL besides the local filipino guys treat them much worse. hmmm remind me not to marry a filipina, already getting attitude. hahaha


Well, you'll notice that I only responded back that I didn't treat her like a maid :)
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

Postby davewe » August 27th, 2014, 5:07 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
hammanta wrote:
In this case the guys were more worried that the estimated cost of said documents (1000 pesos = approx. $25) is just one more area where those thieves in Manila are ripping off poor foreigners who can already barely afford their daily ration of San Miguel.


:D nice humor

Now I don't wanna bring on an all out alcohol war but........... San Miguel is IMO a terrible beer. *gasp* Colt 45 and Red Horse are stronger, cheaper, and way better tasting.


Red Horse is also made by the same Brewery as San Miguel light and San Miguel gin, namely the San Miguel Brewery. But I agree, Red Horse is clearly the superior beer and a more economic choice.


Neither of them is at the top of my list but when it's hot and you're on the beach, they go down pretty good :)
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

Postby davewe » August 27th, 2014, 5:29 pm

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:hmmm your wife sounds sassy saying foreigners treat the wives like sex slaves nad maids. Aren't that why all guys marry filipians? LOL besides the local filipino guys treat them much worse. hmmm remind me not to marry a filipina, already getting attitude. hahaha


She's a little bit sassy but remember I wrote the piece and I put a sarcastic spin to most of my dialogue. I'm sure she said it a bit more diplomatically.

But, you'll notice that I only responded back that I didn't treat her like a maid :)

Additional edit: Check out Janet's remarks in the comments section. I guess she is sassy.
Last edited by davewe on August 27th, 2014, 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 3:21 am

Postby Jester » August 27th, 2014, 6:16 pm

davewe wrote:
davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:hmmm your wife sounds sassy saying foreigners treat the wives like sex slaves nad maids. Aren't that why all guys marry filipians? LOL besides the local filipino guys treat them much worse. hmmm remind me not to marry a filipina, already getting attitude. hahaha


She's a little bit sassy but remember I wrote the piece and I put a sarcastic spin to most of my dialogue. I'm sure she said it a bit more diplomatically.

But, you'll notice that I only responded back that I didn't treat her like a maid :)



From your blog:
“I think it’s good,â€￾ she replied. “Many foreigners don’t take care of their wives, use them only as maids or treat them like sex slaves.â€￾ I may be a bit paranoid, but I didn’t like the look she gave me as she described these ne’er do well foreigner husbands.

“I don’t treat you like a maid,â€￾ I replied giggling. She gave me “the look.â€￾


+1

Man got game!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Mr S » August 28th, 2014, 3:35 pm

Image

Image

Most Filipino 'men' would not be able to abide by the standards that this supposed bill would protect Filipinas from. It's just another feel good nationalist ploy to garner votes and deter negatives that the government reps are constantly producing based on their own ignorant decision making that is making existence worse for the average Filipino who would drink this type of cool aid and believe it will somehow make their future marriage life to a foreigner problemless.

I equate the quality of beer by how many bottles I can drink before I will suffer a hangover. Generally, if I have more than four San Miguels I know that I'll have a slight headache in the future. I'm not saying I can't handle drinking more than four beers, I can easily, I'm talking about the after effects of consuming them. I much prefer drinking German beers since they are quality assured and don't give me a hangover like most other beers do. Personally, I would prefer not to drink beer all together, but at times I don't feel like paying inflated prices for spirits.

I personally don't like any Filipino branded beers, San Miguel premium is tolerable, but usually they don't sell that in places so you have to go with the other ones like pale, light, super dry or Red Horse, which aren't very good options for me. Red Horse and Colt 45 are migraine hang overs waiting to happen for me so I stay away from them even though they may taste better.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2389
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 11:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby hammanta » August 28th, 2014, 9:04 pm

Mr S wrote:Image

Image

Most Filipino 'men' would not be able to abide by the standards that this supposed bill would protect Filipinas from. It's just another feel good nationalist ploy to garner votes and deter negatives that the government reps are constantly producing based on their own ignorant decision making that is making existence worse for the average Filipino who would drink this type of cool aid and believe it will somehow make their future marriage life to a foreigner problemless.

I equate the quality of beer by how many bottles I can drink before I will suffer a hangover. Generally, if I have more than four San Miguels I know that I'll have a slight headache in the future. I'm not saying I can't handle drinking more than four beers, I can easily, I'm talking about the after effects of consuming them. I much prefer drinking German beers since they are quality assured and don't give me a hangover like most other beers do. Personally, I would prefer not to drink beer all together, but at times I don't feel like paying inflated prices for spirits.

I personally don't like any Filipino branded beers, San Miguel premium is tolerable, but usually they don't sell that in places so you have to go with the other ones like pale, light, super dry or Red Horse, which aren't very good options for me. Red Horse and Colt 45 are migraine hang overs waiting to happen for me so I stay away from them even though they may taste better.


I personally don't like any Filipino branded beers, San Miguel premium is tolerable, but usually they don't sell that in places so you have to go with the other ones like pale, light, super dry or Red Horse, which aren't very good options for me. Red Horse and Colt 45 are migraine hang overs waiting to happen for me so I stay away from them even though they may taste better.


I wouldn't say they are near the top on my list, but then again I'm a Corona and Heineken kinda guy. Many would say those aren't tolerable either.

One thing that freaked me out was filipinos preference for drinking beer with ice in a glass. Unheard of where I'm from, well at least the ice that is.

I don't think red horse gives me a worse hangover but it sure does hit fast. In college it was nothing for me to drink 10-12 beers a night but those were of course 4% waterdown horse piss. 5 or so red horses and I'm rather wasted. Sure saves me on money though.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 650
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby Jonny Law » August 28th, 2014, 9:36 pm

The Comic Book Guy should do Awesome.

Asian chicks like nerds more so than other groups.

As he does everything himself - no employees to pay. He seems to make a reasonable living from his store. Not extravagant, but comfortable and satisfactory to him.

http://www.vcstar.com/business/comic-bo ... omic-sales

The question is can you find and have a Filipina Hottie of your own?
Jonny Law
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 948
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm


Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests