Why the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

newlifeinphilippines wrote: Yes only the rich or feminist or arte women have helpers. Ive had bargirls and scammers that do more work for me than your wife does apparently. Also Id be creeped out having a stranger in my house at any level. thats just bizarre. Your sex life and romance must be terrible if you have a live in helper. Im an american not a filipino they are used to sex in huts.
No, just no. :roll:

Although the laws are changing girls graduate high school at 16 and guess what that army of young people who are not going to college and legally can't marry yet doing? They are the helpers for those a bit older and at the start of their careers and child bearing.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Im saying for the majority of men they will not be happy with the philippines on many accounts BUT it beats the alternative which is being ALONE or with a nagging old fat western woman or the antisocial behaviour. Even bstyle slammed asia but the first thing he did when going back to america was move in with a fat terrible sex milf who had a screaming kid. Even i wouldn't have done that in america. He says he hates p4p in asia but id rather do p4p than be miserable in USA.

As for community, villages, barangays and extended family. I live in a hotel what the hell do i need to worry about all that for? If i moved there permanently I would move to a rented condo or apartment. No farm, no village, no squatters and certainly no in laws.

Yes only the rich or feminist or arte women have helpers. Ive had bargirls and scammers that do more work for me than your wife does apparently. Also Id be creeped out having a stranger in my house at any level. thats just bizarre. Your sex life and romance must be terrible if you have a live in helper. Im an american not a filipino they are used to sex in huts.[/quote]

You admit that you know NOTHING about Philippines society and culture and you are proud of your ignorance and stupidity. Your reputation as a low grade sleezy monger having sex with the dregs of society is richly deserved. You are obviously a sociopath.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

OutWest wrote:Im saying for the majority of men they will not be happy with the philippines on many accounts BUT it beats the alternative which is being ALONE or with a nagging old fat western woman or the antisocial behaviour. Even bstyle slammed asia but the first thing he did when going back to america was move in with a fat terrible sex milf who had a screaming kid. Even i wouldn't have done that in america. He says he hates p4p in asia but id rather do p4p than be miserable in USA.

As for community, villages, barangays and extended family. I live in a hotel what the hell do i need to worry about all that for? If i moved there permanently I would move to a rented condo or apartment. No farm, no village, no squatters and certainly no in laws.

Yes only the rich or feminist or arte women have helpers. Ive had bargirls and scammers that do more work for me than your wife does apparently. Also Id be creeped out having a stranger in my house at any level. thats just bizarre. Your sex life and romance must be terrible if you have a live in helper. Im an american not a filipino they are used to sex in huts.

You admit that you know NOTHING about Philippines society and culture and you are proud of your ignorance and stupidity. Your reputation as a low grade sleezy monger having sex with the dregs of society is richly deserved. You are obviously a sociopath.[/quote]

I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.
Bobby
Freshman Poster

Post by Bobby »

Hero wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Hero wrote: Ditto. That's why I accepted that $90K job that only gives me 2 weeks of vacation per year. My best strategy is to build up a shitload of cash as quickly as possible and then move there permanently.
That's a big salary, Hero. Congrats. How much do think you'll need to save up before you leave?
At least $10K in cash, but no more than $20K. I'll evaluate my readiness to leave in March 2015, and every 6 months thereafter until I can get out. It shouldn't take me more than a year to save up what I need.

Ok, with a view to earning money while you're in the PI I assume or living off investments.

I'm forever running the numbers for my situation.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
OutWest wrote:Im saying for the majority of men they will not be happy with the philippines on many accounts BUT it beats the alternative which is being ALONE or with a nagging old fat western woman or the antisocial behaviour. Even bstyle slammed asia but the first thing he did when going back to america was move in with a fat terrible sex milf who had a screaming kid. Even i wouldn't have done that in america. He says he hates p4p in asia but id rather do p4p than be miserable in USA.

Yes only the rich or feminist or arte women have helpers. Ive had bargirls and scammers that do more work for me than your wife does apparently. Also Id be creeped out having a stranger in my house at any level. thats just bizarre. Your sex life and romance must be terrible if you have a live in helper. Im an american not a filipino they are used to sex in huts.

You admit that you know NOTHING about Philippines society and culture and you are proud of your ignorance and stupidity. Your reputation as a low grade sleezy monger having sex with the dregs of society is richly deserved. You are obviously a sociopath.
I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.[/quote]

This debate is ridiculous and Outwest is certainly not the only one on the board who does live in PI or wants to live there.

I don't know if you are a sociopath but you are wildly inconsistent: you complain in hundreds of posts about the country, hate the women you have been involved with but then talk about living there. Why? If you don't like the place, don't live there. It would be easier to respect (though not agree) with your posts if you weren't so all over the map. Just admit you didn't like the Philippines and unlike MacArthur will not return. But if you are considering returning, that negates all the critical things you say about it. After all only a sociopath would deliberately go back to live in a place he hates.

BTW, going all the way back on topic to Luc Furr's list, he forgot to name what, in my opinion, is the biggest reason I would consider NOT living in the Philippines. The "foreigner" mongers and sexpats you have to run into.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:

I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.

This debate is ridiculous and Outwest is certainly not the only one on the board who does live in PI or wants to live there.

I don't know if you are a sociopath but you are wildly inconsistent: you complain in hundreds of posts about the country, hate the women you have been involved with but then talk about living there. Why? If you don't like the place, don't live there. It would be easier to respect (though not agree) with your posts if you weren't so all over the map. Just admit you didn't like the Philippines and unlike MacArthur will not return. But if you are considering returning, that negates all the critical things you say about it. After all only a sociopath would deliberately go back to live in a place he hates.

BTW, going all the way back on topic to Luc Furr's list, he forgot to name what, in my opinion, is the biggest reason I would consider NOT living in the Philippines. The "foreigner" mongers and sexpats you have to run into.[/quote]

I've never said I hated the women there or even the country. I think it can get a bit tiring though because of all the people with agendas and the 3rd world status.

Well next time i leave i may explore other countries just for tourism sake not for women but cause of the visa restrictions really only philippines is easy to settle down for months at a time.

As Ive said before filipina women are not the holy grail but they are better than the alternative or alternative lives for most men. Instead of happier abroad it should be least miserable abroad. lol So i hate to admit it but I dont share bstyles extreme pessisimism where you should rot in america alone. Even if you wind up with a low hanger thats better than being alone by far. Personally id rather settle down with a korean or japanese woman even in their country compared to philippines if i could and most here also would do the same but their attitude and choosiness and demands are why we dont.

foreigners are a tiny percent of the population why would they effect you? You should be worried about ladyboys. I hope that was a joke.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

newlifeinphilippines wrote: I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.
While I think you are way off the mark on many things related to Philippines, I gotta admit, I tend to agree with you on this one. I've spent time in province locations around the Philippines, sometimes in small towns and sometimes out in the sticks. I still haven't figured out how Taco and Outwest can accept that lifestyle over what's available in the first and second tier cities here.

You can't rely on the most basic of things such as power or Internet. You have no privacy and if there's some sort of party, forget about sleeping. Need something from the mall or store? It might be 30 minutes to an hour away? And when you get there, the place you go to might be out of stock, there might be a brownout, or the bank is offline. It's hard enough to live in a small town or farm in the States. But at least that can be doable. In the Philippines, it's much worse than even Thailand. And yes, it's a lot less safe too.

I have some richer local friends in provincial towns in various parts of the country. They have to deal with maids who steal and back stab or bring in their drama, classmates, friends, or relatives getting murdered over stupid ass reasons, and storms which cause multi week brownouts and lack of Internet service. Many of them end up moving to the cities or even going abroad.

City people here are Filipinos too and they also understand the local culture. It's just that they make different lifestyle choices and for very good reason. This is the 21st Century.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote: I didn't know not wanting to live like shit was the definition of sociopath. In fact you are the ONLY one on this entire board that is willing to live like that so I guess the rest of us are just sociopaths? You are uppity old school delusional expat. I know plenty I just dont want to sit on a farm in the middle of nowhere like you having sex and fighting and discussions with a housekeeper in the next room and having in laws knocking on my door and be away from taxis and malls. Id rather be alone in america than have that as my future retirement. Anyways get back to the philippines. You obviously miss it more and your fake filipino extended family than your own elderly family in america. How sad. I bet they are on the payroll too in some extent.
While I think you are way off the mark on many things related to Philippines, I gotta admit, I tend to agree with you on this one. I've spent time in province locations around the Philippines, sometimes in small towns and sometimes out in the sticks. I still haven't figured out how Taco and Outwest can accept that lifestyle over what's available in the first and second tier cities here.

You can't rely on the most basic of things such as power or Internet. You have no privacy and if there's some sort of party, forget about sleeping. Need something from the mall or store? It might be 30 minutes to an hour away? And when you get there, the place you go to might be out of stock, there might be a brownout, or the bank is offline. It's hard enough to live in a small town or farm in the States. But at least that can be doable. In the Philippines, it's much worse than even Thailand. And yes, it's a lot less safe too.

I have some richer local friends in provincial towns in various parts of the country. They have to deal with maids who steal and back stab or bring in their drama, classmates, friends, or relatives getting murdered over stupid a** reasons, and storms which cause multi week brownouts and lack of Internet service. Many of them end up moving to the cities or even going abroad.

City people here are Filipinos too and they also understand the local culture. It's just that they make different lifestyle choices and for very good reason. This is the 21st Century.
Taco did it because he isn't rich so he had to do what he had to do but outwest is one of these arrogant gung ho old style expats who thinks one has to live like a filipino and immerse yourself out in the jungles.
And the whole housekeeper living in the house is bizarre to me also. and living in wood houses on top of that where you can hear everything. and Hes just trying to justify the fact his life sucks in some aspects so he attacks me and calls me a sociopath.

I think one reason why you survive in manila is cause you live in a condo and probably have a modest but decent life compared to the province living gung ho pretending to be filipino approach outwest has.

Anyways I admire the fact you are close to your family despite the distance. Outwest seems to care more for his fake family than his mother. I guess if one has to have the family on payroll they have to justify it by pretending they love them more than their own true blood.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:

I have some richer local friends in provincial towns in various parts of the country. They have to deal with maids who steal and back stab or bring in their drama, classmates, friends, or relatives getting murdered over stupid a** reasons, and storms which cause multi week brownouts and lack of Internet service. Many of them end up moving to the cities or even going abroad.

You are making rather silly assumptions. I live not so far from CDO where in fact we keep a an office with decent net connectivity. How many places can you go in Metro- Manila in 30 minutes? lol
You assume I am living in some kind of hut with chickens and neighbor kids peering in the windows.
In fact, I have far MORE privacy as we have controlled space all around us, and we have peace and quiet for the most part. All of the hassles you list are common in the Philippines city and country.
It seems typical of many families with rural provincial roots to maintain a house in town and still keep their provincial properties. We have thought about buying a condo in Cebu, but I don't know if we would be there enough to make it worth the while, even though we typically enter and leave the Philippines through Cebu, so it might not be a bad choice. Building quality is always so suspect, so I have hesitated in that regard.
I am well aware of all the drama many Filipino families have with their maids. We have very little of that, and for good reason. Like many families living in the Philippines, we have plan B just in case. We have alternatives, but for the time being we are content. At any rate, another person's happiness always seems so annoying to malcontents. I consider Metro Manila to be a shithole, but in fact I know some people are happy there. As they say, there is no accounting for taste...lol
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

You can't have a condo outwest. Not enough space to stick your housekeeper who will do the work your wife is too arte to do. lol
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Anyways I admire the fact you are close to your family despite the distance. Outwest seems to care more for his fake family than his mother. I guess if one has to have the family on payroll they have to justify it by pretending they love them more than their own true blood.
His fake family? What the f**k, lol. It's like you're not even trying anymore you pathetic lowlife. He has a wife and four children there, nothing fake about that. His Filipino family is as much his "own true blood" as his American family and it seems to me like he's balacing the two just fine. You come across as a very mean-spirited and jealous person with these ridiculous personal insults of yours.
OutWest wrote:At any rate, another person's happiness always seems so annoying to malcontents. I consider Metro Manila to be a shithole, but in fact I know some people are happy there. As they say, there is no accounting for taste...lol
One man's joy is another man's sorrow, I suppose. I love the country life and I love the simplicity of it. I like the people and the environment. I am not such a spoiled bastard craving luxury and like you was able to marry a woman of substance; she studied at University of the Philippines in Manila and comes from a family of professionals. Which is more then I can say for "Newlifeinphilippines" and his constant rambling about "low hanging fruit"... then on another thread I read his gf put him "on house arrest" and he could not leave the house to meet another Happier Abroader. Seems to me like the dude talks big but is a coward at hard, and quite p***y-whipped as well. :roll:

So, let us not forget who the insults are coming from here... from a guy who himself is an insult to our forum.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Jester,
Mafia Dons (which just means boss as opposed to the land owning Spanish Don, you were referring to, which means lord or gentleman) and the Rothschilds put assets in other people's names by choice not because they are forced to. The assets are placed in names of people they control and usually located in places they have influence. Outwest has no control in the Philippines (he is a foreigner and an outsider who admitted himself that the police are corrupt) and no control (except via money) over his new “sure we’ll take thatâ€￾ Filipino in-laws. With no control he is not a mafia boss nor is he a Don but instead a puppet, thus a jew money boy.
Everyday, people on HA are complaining about the power of women. So what the heck did Outwest do? He empowered is wife. Empowered women create man hating feminists. Feminists in part bring about doom.
Yes, Outwest has a life, a wife and a newborn son. Today, they are all happy. But, we all know that a terrible storm is on the horizon. Sure some will say, don’t worry about tomorrow. But concern about tomorrow is what separates a man from a woman and child. If a helmsman does not care what is ahead of his ship how can he set a proper course?

Marcos,
at first I was going to say you are quite right I should not have been rude but then I got to thinking about it. Be polite, always nice, it is a twisted feminist version of Gaia. It is wrong since it creates an apathy that will be the death of everyone. I think that is what Outwest was talking about, when he pitied guys who did not leave. You and Outwest have broken free from the apathy, created a family to express those emotions with. That is good. Although, I am certain your choice of destination is wrong what else were you supposed to do? The guide is not here. The apathy surrounds him and holds him, its malevolent energy redoubled now that it knows he is finally awake.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

You can't have a condo outwest. Not enough space to stick your housekeeper who will do the work your wife is too arte to do. lol
Let me get this straight, you are putting down a man and his wife who provides a job, food, and shelter for a poorer lady as well as a college fund. Completely disregarding the fact that maids are a cultural lifestyle for the middle class in the Philippines. I've never met a middle class family who didn't have at least one.

Yet this is coming from a guy who keeps a live in with no desire to propose marriage, sees other girls on the side, screws bar girls, disregards a girl if she won't have sex with him in the first 3 days of meeting, has admitted to having STDs, ranks women based on solely looks with a number scale ranging to the 1/10000 decimal point, and claims a man can never find a non gold digging girl in a country of 100 million.

Does anyone else see a juxtaposition of moral values here?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Last edited by OutWest on September 2nd, 2014, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote: foreigners are a tiny percent of the population why would they effect you? You should be worried about ladyboys. I hope that was a joke.
Not a joke at all. I won't go so far as some guys who say that foreigners have ruined the place but I have no interest in hearing from sexpats or for that matter old (or not so old), nasty expats who will go on and on about how terrible the place is, how awful all Filipinas are, etc. I'm too old and cranky to waste my time on such people.

And then there is just the question of what kind of life do I want to have in the Philippines. A UK friend of mine lives in my wife's hometown. He originally moved into a section of the town mostly populated by German expats. There was nothing wrong with the Germans; most live nice lives there. But he eventually got a house surrounded by Filipinos. He told me, "if I'd wanted to hang out with a bunch of Germans I would have moved to Germany."

So yes, if and when we move to the Philippines we won't be living in a condo building or gated community filled with expats. And I will be VERY careful making friends with expats.